Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Twito: 4 (Thok dahen petroleumjelly Glork)

Not voting: Fritzler klebian Nightson Twito.

5 votes to push someone out of the airlock.

21 hours and 30 minutes until deadline!
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by klebian »

vote: twito
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by Twito »

klebian wrote:
vote: twito
Bitchy. No bananas for you.
Goes to the land of many bananas.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:15 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

End of Day 6 Vote Count

Twito: 5 (Thok dahen petroleumjelly Glork klebian)

Not voting: Fritzler Nightson Twito.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:20 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

STARDATE 3204.3051:
With moments to go before the Ship's computer shuts down, Twito is finally bundled into the airlock. And as the lights begin to go out, klebian finally hits the EJECT button, sending Twito tumbling to his death in the cold vacuum of space.

Twito (Space Monkey) - lynched day 6.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:14 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

STARDATE: 1939.2944:
The power on the bridge comes back on. And the ever-diminishing group of survivors looks around to see who has survived the blackout. There is enough light to see that Fritzler, dahen, Glork, klebian, Nightson and petroleumjelly are still there. But all that remains of Thok are two small adamantine pips, the insignia of a junior officer in the Space Assault Corps.

With the fog on bridge as thick as ever, the fate of the Galaxy hangs in the balance...

Thok (
Gorrilla Lieutenant
) - vaporized night 7.

With 6 survivors on the bridge, it will take 4 of you to push someone out of the airlock.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:41 am

Post by Glork »

I'm going to go ahead and claim now.

I'm a Gorilla Captain. I have special training that regular gorillas don't have, and and I have authority. Once per night, I can order one primate to stand down and take no action. More importantly, I'm effectively a Roleblocker, and I'm pretty sure that my N4 choice (Klebian) is a scumbag. My night choices to date - with reasons:
N1: inHim - Random
N2: PJ - Thought PJ was SM-town
N3: PJ - Thought PJ was SM-town
N4: Klebian - Based on his lack of CES-hammah
N5: Klebian - Based on lack of kill the previous night
N6: Fritzler - Testing for lack of nightkill
N7: Nightson - Testing for lack of nightkill

I defaulted to Doc-protection for the lack of a kill, even though I wasn't really sure about Klebian; that's why I went and looked at his posts again and made a case against him when I found something. When Thok investigated Klebs the next night, I figured that it was in fact Doc protection and assumed Klebian was town.

Anyway, on this past night: In what spare time I've had this weekend, I've put a sizeable amount of thought into all of this, and I've read over Klebian's posts a couple of times. I decided that the Godfather role isn't even that big a deal. If Thok had investigated Klebian as a "Gorilla" before the revelation, he probably would have been unlikely to try to get Klebian lynched unless he really felt like busing somebody. (And given the ration of Gorilladeaths to SMdeaths, even that's unlikely at best.) After the revelation, a "Gorilla" result on Klebs would simply be seen as an innocent.

Anyway... I definitely think that Klebs is scum. He avoided hammering CES. He never really weighed in on Twito much, instead following PJ's lead in going after me and later voting for StD. And when he made his analysis of Twito's posts, he came to a non-conclusion, saying that Twito interacted with Glork/Nightson/Fritz a little bit, and actually complimenting Twito for avoiding talking to any of us.

Then, y'know, there's the whole "lack of an N4 kill with no apparent Doctor role" thing.

Vote: Klebian
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:27 am

Post by Fritzler »

I'm cool with a
Vote: klebian

we have time to come back and kill glork tomorrow
Surfs up dude.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by klebian »

Well, at this point I don't see too much from arguing against your role. I've had some suspicions of you since a bit after pj's claim, but right now it's futile for me to really try attacking you and say that you're lying without it being much OMGUS. All I'll say is you're assuming quite a bit from your role if one roleblock+no kill

So:
Glork wrote:Anyway, on this past night: In what spare time I've had this weekend, I've put a sizeable amount of thought into all of this, and I've read over Klebian's posts a couple of times. I decided that the Godfather role isn't even that big a deal. If Thok had investigated Klebian as a "Gorilla" before the revelation, he probably would have been unlikely to try to get Klebian lynched unless he really felt like busing somebody. (And given the ration of Gorilladeaths to SMdeaths, even that's unlikely at best.) After the revelation, a "Gorilla" result on Klebs would simply be seen as an innocent.
Sorry, but I really don't get what you're saying at all here. " the Godfather role isn't even that big a deal." especially, but I don't get the point you're trying to convey for the rest of the paragraph either.
Anyway... I definitely think that Klebs is scum. He avoided hammering CES. He never really weighed in on Twito much, instead following PJ's lead in going after me and later voting for StD. And when he made his analysis of Twito's posts, he came to a non-conclusion, saying that Twito interacted with Glork/Nightson/Fritz a little bit, and actually complimenting Twito for avoiding talking to any of us.

Then, y'know, there's the whole "lack of an N4 kill with no apparent Doctor role" thing.

Vote: Klebian
There was no evident case on CES. I felt that the wagon built up out of nowhere. I stated my suspicions on you even when PJ was buddying up with you, and this led him to temporarily take you off his 'semi-confirmed list'. I tried analyzing twito's posts, and I couldn't get much out of them that would sound like scum to scum talking. There were a few minor interactions with you and fritz that seemed like going with scumbuddies, but nothing so evident enough that I could really say much about. Which is good, that a scum can really just play without associating.

Your points aren't very strong, and I have a suspicion that we're in LYLO, which would mean that a lynch of me and monkeys win the game. However, your claim seems credible at this point. I just think that you're taking too little and labeling me as scum.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Klebian, explain to me again in your own words your thoughts on the night-kill situation before I had claimed.

Glork: Not entirely impressed with your claim (any person with a reasonable attention span would have claimed something similar if they wanted to claim a power role whatsoever). I will want to hear from both Fritzler and Nightson to verify, since I can see both a possibility of you making up that ability or actually having that ability as scum.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by Glork »

PJ: I understand the sentiment, but I have to point out that it's silly to suggest that I'm a scum roleblocker. I'd have been blocking Thok nightly if so. Also, Fritz seems to have implied that he's not a roleblocker by voting for Klebs. I agree that Nightson should check in, though.

Klebs: The "godfather" thing was because I wanted to try to explain why I felt that it's reaosnable for you to have a GF role. Thok had an innocent investigation on you, and so we have to recognize that if my role ability has in fact caught a scumbag, there must be some logical explanation behind the existence of a Godfather. I've come to the conclusion that MC wasn't a Doctor (Ensigns don't have any medical expertise), and I see no reason to believe the existence of a second roleblocker; my role certainly does not indicate that such is the case. The only other explanation for there to have been no kill N4 is if the scums missed their kill. And while I've recoginzed it as a possibility, I just don't see it as being the case. Maybe I'll go double-check on posting times before/after the night to make sure.

Nightson, we need to hear from you. Now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Ah, yes, blocking the Cop would make more sense if scum had the ability to do so. I plead temporary insanity.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by Glork »

Okay, I just looked at the before and after of CES's lynch. Klebian made the next-to-last post of the day, Fritz posted within 24 hours of the start of night, and Nightson posted within 24 hours after Night's end.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by klebian »

petroleumjelly wrote:Klebian, explain to me again in your own words your thoughts on the night-kill situation before I had claimed.

Glork: Not entirely impressed with your claim (any person with a reasonable attention span would have claimed something similar if they wanted to claim a power role whatsoever). I will want to hear from both Fritzler and Nightson to verify, since I can see both a possibility of you making up that ability or actually having that ability as scum.
PJ, I realized something as I was rereading the game. First, the main reason I believed that I would be recruited by a nk and not by some type of targetting was not just because of my inexperience, but also because of this post by glork (on december 11):
Zindie -- Part of me doubts that the scum didn't know that MBL was one of them. If they did (i.e., if MBL had a traditional Traitor role), targeting him normally recruits him into the Mafia; it doesn't kill him. My guess is that a (very awesome and intelligent) Vigilante decided to nail him overnight. Personally, I feel that it was pretty necessary to get the alignment on either MBL or me. We got into a pretty extended debate, and both MBL and I were right in the middle of things. Truth be told, I expected to be dead in the morning based on the fact that Bird came up scum. And if MBL had died as town, I probably would be the one with a noose practically around my neck. But I don't think that the mafia killed him.
The lack of a kill on a pro-town player is pretty difficult to explain at this point. Nurse, Replacement/Backup, Roleblocker... there's really no way to tell. Let's just chalk it up to good fortune and focus on what we can figure out right now.
I guess I misread this or something then, but I still remember as this confirming my thought that I would only be recruited by nk.

Regarding the night kills, people were basically throwing out ideas about why this was happening, and as you may note, thok was calling this scummy, but i was desparately crying out as to why this would be so. Personally, I was unable to form my own opinion because almost the first thing I read at the start of day 2 was people's opinions as to what they thought was going on, so my thoughts were basically how I agreed and disagreed with other people. I didn't really think the janitor theory was likely. I thought that the thoery about some type of multiple scum or alternate scums killing was possible. I thought that this was probably the closest we could get to knowing what was going on; there were two scumgroups, both called themselves gorillas, and they were trying to kill out either the town or the other gorillas, and a kill of me would instead recruit me to their side, and there was some kind of alternation going on with the kills between the groups.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Post by Glork »

Nightson hasn't made a post on-site since February 1. Something probably needs to be done about that. I'd like to see him replaced, rather than modkilled, if at all possible; as I said the other day, swinging the game one way or another based on a modkill just seems wrong.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:12 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

klebian: 2 (Glork Fritzler)

Not voting: dahen klebian Nightson petroleumjelly

It will take 4 to push someone out of the airlock!
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:45 am

Post by dahen »

At first, I didn't like Glork's claim, or rather the confidence with which he voted Klebian on that post. But after thinking it through, I agree that the lack of kill after Thok's claim seems to come from Block rather than Doc, which gives him and his theory enough credibility for me to
FOSWITV: Klebian

However, I think it's important that we see if Nightson or his possible replacement has an opinion on the matter.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:29 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

VitaminR replaces Nightson.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:42 am

Post by VitaminR »

I have read today's posts, and Glork's claim seems credible to me.

I'd like some time to read the thread before making any real decisions, though.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:08 am

Post by dahen »

Welcome VitaminR!

I'll hold off my vote until you have posted again with hopefully a good analysis, since Nightson was very quiet.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:07 am

Post by VitaminR »

Right, I have read all 35 pages.

My thoughts:

Glork has not been particularly helpful this game. He pushed the MC wagon fairly hard and he seemed pretty clueless at times. I came to the last page almost convinced he was scum, even with his claim in mind. On top of that, the klebian GF thing seems unlikely. We don't seem to have that many power roles to balance that out and it is not really in keeping with the scum/town reversal.

There is, however, one very important point in his favour:
I can't think of anything else that would explain the lack of a kill during the fourth night. It fits and his blocks check out.

Then there is Masterchief. I don't trust him to have left any sign of having prevented the kill. I also don't trust him to have prevented a kill in the first place, though. Ensign doesn't seem particularly docish (it reads like a deputy role to the Lieutenant role), but we can't really be sure.

I think a klebian vote makes a great deal of sense at the moment, but there are enough doubts for me that I would like to hear some more discussion first.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:19 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Here's a few questions for everybody:

1.) How many Space Monkeys do you think are left?
2.) Do you think the Space Monkeys have any abilities?
3.) Given the answers to above, do you think a Lynch or a No-Lynch is strategically better with 6 players alive?

I would like confirmation from either VitaminR [Nightson], Fritzler, or Klebian to see if any of them can verify being role-blocked.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:36 am

Post by VitaminR »

petroleumjelly wrote:1.) How many Space Monkeys do you think are left?
1 or 2. 2 is most likely, I think.
petroleumjelly wrote:2.) Do you think the Space Monkeys have any abilities?
Given the lack of town power roles, no, I don't think so. I find the possibility of a GF difficult. It's a possibility, but it seems a difficult balance call to make.
petroleumjelly wrote:3.) Given the answers to above, do you think a Lynch or a No-Lynch is strategically better with 6 players alive?
I'm honestly not sure. I suppose Glork might be killed, which would give us more certainty tomorrow. On the other hand, then we might have lost a roleblocker and the last lynch would become a tough one. Other than that, I'm not sure I see what could happen that would help. I don't think see how it could hurt, though.
petroleumjelly wrote:I would like confirmation from either VitaminR [Nightson], Fritzler, or Klebian to see if any of them can verify being role-blocked.
I have not had any indication that I have been role-blocked, but I do not have a special ability.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:48 am

Post by Fritzler »

Glork wrote:Okay, I just looked at the before and after of CES's lynch. Klebian made the next-to-last post of the day, Fritz posted within 24 hours of the start of night, and Nightson posted within 24 hours after Night's end.
nope

and no confirmation on roleblocking

dude if he's lying we can kill him tomorrow, do you think we're at lynch or lose?
Surfs up dude.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”