NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4850 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

FFS

someone give me someone to sheep who isn't Nacho or Bulb or Nero or Ffery/mollie or Bacde

Mala is out of commission for a while so...
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4851 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

There are only 15 players left in the game and you want someone to sheep who isn't four of the most sheepable players and Nero for some reason?

Dunno if I can help you there, maybe try scumhunting?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4852 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Or you could sheep me~~~

That was a joke no one will ever do that
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4853 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Nor, generally, should they
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4854 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4849, ffullisade wrote: There's a rigidity to your reads list that is kind of worrisome. When I saw your list first thing today after your case on Slaandar turned out so wrong I really wasn't sure what to make of it not changing much (if at all).
The list really isn't as rigid as you think. As you can see, there are degrees of reads, and they have fluctuated due to the information I have. People move up and down the list depending on new information gained from actual interaction and flips. For example, CTD moved down from the top of the town list after Slandaar's flip, which shows that I'm not as sure about him as I once was. Also, you've moved from being "scum" to "null/scum" based on what I've seen so far. I could explain each read and why they are where they are, but that'd be overkill, and I don't think anybody really wants that.
In post 4849, ffullisade wrote: I'm not sure if "you" means "you the hydra" or "you fferyllt" re genuine emotion.
I tend to consider hydras as a whole, but I'm probably referring more to the Mollie head, as I think that yesterday's paranoia was coming from her.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4855 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by mastin2 »

One-Hundred-Nineteenth Votecount
:
(First Votecount of Day Four,
AKA, the "Let's start the day real slow..." votecount.
)

Bulbazak - 2 (Human Destroyer, Nero Cain)
Nachomamma8 - 1 (Bacde)
Nero Cain - 1 (Bulbazak)
Rena - 1 (Cephrir)

Not Voting - 10 (CrashTextDummie, Nachomamma8, PeregrineV, Desperado, penguin_alien, Seanald, ThAdmiral, Rena, Amethyst Kitty, ffullisade)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.

Day Four's deadline is Wednesday, July 31st, @ 12:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-07-31 12:30:00).

Spoiler: Player Vote History D4
CrashTextDummie:
Cephrir: Rena
Nachomamma8:
PeregrineV:
Nero Cain: Bulbazak
Bacde: Nachomamma8
Bulbazak: Nero Cain
Desperado:
penguin_alien:
Slandaar:
Seanald:
ThAdmiral:
Rena:
Amethyst Kitty:
ffullisade:
Human Destroyer: Bulbazak

Spoiler: Votecount History D4
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 07:28a,
Human Destroyer
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4831.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 10:11a,
Nero Cain
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4832.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 10:15a,
Bacde
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4833.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 02:24p,
Bulbazak
votes
Nero Cain
in post 4836.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 02:33p,
Cephrir
votes
Rena
in post 4838.
Last edited by mastin2 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4856 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 4854, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4849, ffullisade wrote: There's a rigidity to your reads list that is kind of worrisome. When I saw your list first thing today after your case on Slaandar turned out so wrong I really wasn't sure what to make of it not changing much (if at all).
The list really isn't as rigid as you think. As you can see, there are degrees of reads, and they have fluctuated due to the information I have. People move up and down the list depending on new information gained from actual interaction and flips. For example, CTD moved down from the top of the town list after Slandaar's flip, which shows that I'm not as sure about him as I once was. Also, you've moved from being "scum" to "null/scum" based on what I've seen so far. I could explain each read and why they are where they are, but that'd be overkill, and I don't think anybody really wants that.
In post 4849, ffullisade wrote: I'm not sure if "you" means "you the hydra" or "you fferyllt" re genuine emotion.
I tend to consider hydras as a whole, but I'm probably referring more to the Mollie head, as I think that yesterday's paranoia was coming from her.
Yeah, she was the one who really freaked about you and the last minute votes to flip the lynch onto Slaandar.

I was the one posting shouties at Nacho for bitching about the main wagons when it was too late to do anything about them.

Mollie is still pretty damn paranoid about you.

I'm not sure yet what I think.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4857 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 4850, Amethyst Kitty wrote:FFS

someone give me someone to sheep who isn't Nacho or Bulb or Nero or Ffery/mollie or Bacde

Tell me how
I
have led you astray this game plz.

- f
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4858 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4856, ffullisade wrote: Mollie is still pretty damn paranoid about you.

Which is funny, because normally you're the one who is paranoid about me.

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4859 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 4858, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4856, ffullisade wrote: Mollie is still pretty damn paranoid about you.

Which is funny, because normally you're the one who is paranoid about me.
baselines are funny things.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4860 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:17 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 4842, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4696, Nero Cain wrote: + there's atleast one scum in the neighborhoods and Slandaar makes a good bet. CTD might be scum afterall. He's ignoring discussing his neighborhood big time.
He uses the neighborhood spec to implicate CTD as scum should Slandaar flip town. This is essentially setting up lynches.
True, but at the same time he might be right.

I was pretty bullish about the fact that I was going to shoot ctd last night and I was blocked. I can only assume I was blocked by the mafia - in fact I was blocked from being investigated as well, what role does that? - why would they stop me from shooting unless ctd was scum?
This is, of course, a theory filled with holes, but it deserves at least some consideration.
In post 4846, Bacde wrote:Seriously I get really annoyed when I invest part of my emotionality into a post and all I get are responses like "logical fallacy" or "AtE"

Its like, did you seriously respond to me with THAT LITTLE effort and just completely ignore the SUBSTANCE behind my post?
Its ok bacde. I believe you.
In post 4850, Amethyst Kitty wrote:FFS

You might have to compromise on one of your reads (preferably bulb or nacho). Unless we could agree to lynch seanald. I'd still be up for that.

@ ceph: can you remind me of the rena case? Is it essentially 4593?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4861 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

4593 is a criticism of one post, but that post is pretty representative of her play. If you add "and she is doing all this constantly" to the end of the post, well, basically yes.
Bartleby the Scrivener
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4862 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:42 am

Post by penguin_alien »

...so we have two claimed town PRs saying they were blocked/impeded last night. I doubt the anti-town factions have two blocking abilities, so either one of them is lying or one of their targets interfered with the actions.

ThAd, why did you opt to shoot Bulbazak?

WRT Rena's claim, neither of the kills from last night strike me as likely Watcher targets--why block Rena? Since a ninja has flipped, I'd assume Rena's lack of result could only come from being blocked.

CTD, in light of Slandaar flipping town, a) why shouldn't we have you at the top of the scum list, and b) what's your take on the other neighbors?
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4863 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Seanald »

Why didn't you join any of the wagons yesterday penguin, your entire play yesterday boiled down to just posturing.
Show
Sticky, Steamy, and Hard to Push Out
W/L: 14/18/0
T: 8/9/0
S: 6/8/0
O: 0/1/0
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4864 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 4848, Bulbazak wrote:@Bacde: I still have Nacho as a strong townread, especially after the way he stepped in at the end of the day yesterday. Scum could have just hung back and coasted, but Nacho chose to stick up for his townreads. I just can't see scum doing that.
Have you never defended a player who was town as scum before?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4865 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4864, Bacde wrote:
In post 4848, Bulbazak wrote:@Bacde: I still have Nacho as a strong townread, especially after the way he stepped in at the end of the day yesterday. Scum could have just hung back and coasted, but Nacho chose to stick up for his townreads. I just can't see scum doing that.
Have you never defended a player who was town as scum before?
Of course I have. But never hard defending in that type of situation with 2 mislynch wagons neck and neck. It would have been more beneficial for scum Nacho to lurk and not do anything, essentially letting events play out without him. According to his avatar, he was V/LA. He could have played it off easily as not being available to stop it.

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4866 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:47 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 4863, Seanald wrote:Why didn't you join any of the wagons yesterday penguin, your entire play yesterday boiled down to just posturing.
You were my top lynch choice. Still wouldn't mind seeing you swing. And last I saw the thread, Slandaar certainly wasn't on the chopping block. I didn't love the Bulbazak wagon, although if both ThAd and Rena are on the up-and-up, he's less bonafide now. Why should I join a wagon I don't like under a plurality lynch system?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4867 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Was less than pleased with QT last night. Bulba was not my first choice for a bullet.

But, we are now divining the setup to be 2 scumteams, each with a roleblocker, that each managed to block a PR without doubling up on either?

I think that's stretching it somewhat.

Vote: Nachomamma
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4868 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4867, PeregrineV wrote:Was less than pleased with QT last night. Bulba was not my first choice for a bullet.

But, we are now divining the setup to be 2 scumteams, each with a roleblocker, that each managed to block a PR without doubling up on either?

I think that's stretching it somewhat.

Vote: Nachomamma
So you think that PA is stretching it with her spec and then you vote Nacho? Why?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4869 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

beep beep boop you'll see me in the morning
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4870 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

oh right no prod dodge
Vote: PeregrineV
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4871 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 4860, ThAdmiral wrote:in fact I was blocked from being investigated as well, what role does that?
Alien, a Jailkeeper variant. I've personally seen it used once in a large normal as a town role.

KK has to be considered when analyzing ThAd's and Rena's reports, though I very much doubt he would have targeted either of them. If he wanted to keep ThAd from shooting me, I believe he would have targeted myself, and I don't think he had strong concerns about Rena. Moderate chance he targeted Bulba though (VT-claim and a townread for him). That would leave one scum PR to account for Rena's lack of result for everything to make sense.
In post 4862, penguin_alien wrote:CTD, in light of Slandaar flipping town, a) why shouldn't we have you at the top of the scum list, and b) what's your take on the other neighbors?
a) would you like to present a case on me that doesn't involve set-up speculation?
b) I don't know why you're asking me this question, as very little has changed from my perspective.

----------------------

AK just had her strongest scum read flip town. AK also urged the town to look into the neighborhoods, and she got her wish. I would very much like a little more input from her than just announcing a willingness to sheep.

----------------------

Bulba's push against Slandaar still doesn't sit right with me, but his approach today seems reasonable enough.

Vote: Nero Cain
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4872 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Are you really suggesting that I'm scummy for doing the same thing as you I,e; lynching Slandaar? Hypocrisy, thy name is Bulb.
In post 4842, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4563, Nero Cain wrote:Slandaar, why would we assume 8 scum?
Questions 8 scum in a 24 player game (i.e. the 33% scum scenario).
So tell me which team as flipped with 4 team members? What evidence suggests we have 8 scum in this game and why shouldn't I question this?

In post 4696, Nero Cain wrote:No, I agree with Bulb here. I don't really buy Slandaar's excuse that "we should assume the maximum amount of scum" + Scumthez already speculated on there being "7-8 scum"
Again questions Slandaar's 33% claim. He also throws in something Thez said (something I had forgot about to be honest) to increase suspicion on Slandaar.
When Thez suggested "7 or 8" scum, I thought he was just bullshitting. When he flipped scum I still thought it was bullshit and thus ignored it. When Slan brought it up I was confused as fuck as too why 2 different players (one of wich is confirmed scum) would bring up the possibility of more than 6 scum. (3/3 scum teams are common, we haven't had a third kill yet so I'm doubting an SK)
In post 4696, Nero Cain wrote: + there's atleast one scum in the neighborhoods and Slandaar makes a good bet. CTD might be scum afterall. He's ignoring discussing his neighborhood big time.
He uses the neighborhood spec to implicate CTD as scum should Slandaar flip town. This is essentially setting up lynches.
So I was setting up lynches but not voting for CTD, the lynch I supposedly set up, How the fuck does that work?

I also specifically said “there’s atleast one scum in the ‘hoods.” There are 3 hoods its not like I ever said "if Slan flips town then it makes CTD scum" and I have no clue how you would get that. So again you seem to be buddying/defending CTD here. Just like you were doing yesterday.

The reason that most of us were town reading CTD is ‘cause of his outting his neighborhood, when the friendly neighbor flipped. He’s experienced enough to know how to fake this, there’s also the possibility that he could just be scum and not know this. I don’t like it when my questions are ignored and CTD is avoiding discussing his neighbor hood actions for some odd reason. And in yet another bout of hypocrisy, Bulb is now calling me scummy for being suspicious of CTD while he is also suspicious of CTD.

Note to self: Look at CTD’s recent games, if there’s a friendly neighbor in it them he’s scum faking.

In post 4710, Nero Cain wrote:yeah, I just did the math. 6 is only 25%. 8 is 33.33333333333%. So 8 is more likely than 6. Slandaar is prob red scum with Cephir and two of Khan/Nacho/Rena/CTD/Bacde

So blue is probs Bulb with one of CTD/Bacde/khan.
Here he completely reverses his opinion on the number of scum in the game, probably due to the fact that he was being questioned about it by CTD.
no.

25% seems kinda low and I was slightly onboard with 2 4-man scum teams. I also like Desp’s assessment of 7 scum.

In post 4713, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4712, Desperado wrote:
In post 4711, Nero Cain wrote:yeah, I just did the math. 6 is only 25%. 8 is 33.33333333333%. So 8 is more likely than 6. Slandaar is prob red scum with Cephir and two of Khan/Nacho/Rena/CTD/Bacde
So blue is probs Bulb with one of CTD/Bacde/khan.
How did you conclude that 1/3 is more likely than 1/4?
I might be wrong here...for some reason I had it in my head that scum were like 30ish% of a game.
He continues to backpedal after you question him on it further, going "Well, I may be wrong...". Essentially, when questioned, he avoided taking a strong stance on the main reason he was lynching Slandaar! Which begs the question, if he really didn't feel strongly about his reasons for being on the wagon, why was he on the wagon in the first place?
So a vote and and calling him scum is not a strong stance? Please do not post anymore and accept your lynch.

<<< After some intensive moderator labor, I have managed to fix (I think) the horribly-broken quote tags Nero had. Seriously, I can deal with double-posts, I can deal with accidental quotes being broken, but do you know how close I was to being unable to fix this? Too damn close. Don't be lazy, Nero. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4873 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by Rena »

Aimed at someone (It's 3am) - I'm playing like a VT ie not being scared of being NK'd because THAT'S HOW TOWN PLAY. I trust my fellow townies enough to win this if I get killed. I think at least one of the people who was pushing for my lynch yesterday is town, that's why I'm still alive. This is because it makes lynching me easier. After all, why waste your bullet on a power role that could be lynched soon?
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4874 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

CTD, Bulb is buddying the fuck out of you. Why are you ignoring this?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”