TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by TMTOLBTWNTOF »

In post 27, levio wrote:VOTE: NotThePope
now what the hell dude, you call someone and vote other guy? besides what is that "i want to get a wagon going" when the day hasn't even started yet... you are top in my scum list (this is not a wagon vote, I just want to put my shit straight)
This is probably because hydra

As of Page 3, yessiree is my strongest town read
In post 103, DCLXVI wrote:No, if you think someone is scum you keep on saying it all game. Unless someone provides a good argument as to why that person isn't scum you should still call him scum. I was in a recent game where I called someone scum basically all game, it wasn't until lylo that that person was lynched and flipped scum. If I had listened to all the other townreads ppl had on that player we would have lost the game.

trust your scumhunting ... if you are town. However I don't think that is the case here.

someone is way to concerned with trying to go with the flow.
Bad logic. New town would be concerned with going with the flow.
Tentative VOTE: DCL to get off of Radiant, who is null
In post 118, Smudger wrote:
In post 114, absta101 wrote:Smudger is just laying low posting shit like "in theory I would..." to distance himself from his views.
as for laying low, how am I laying low, I live in Dubai, which is a Muslim country,the weekend here is Friday/Saturday, and my time zone is +4 GMT. So my activity is low during my weekend, but then you would not know that. But what is irksome is your failure to appreciate that because of the DNS attack yesterday on the site getting into the forums was for me impossible, when all things are considered.
If I understand correctly, laying low refers to making sure not to rock the boat and not a lack of posting.
This sounds overly defensive.
In post 122, yessiree wrote:townread on Om of the Nom for the efforts put in to scum hunt
I don't like this townread. And I retract my townread on yessir.

In addition, I don't like Generic for the same reason. (bullshit townreads)
In post 125, Alabaska J wrote:also, i'm more ok with Kid A's vote on levio than DCL's, if people are wondering why i'm not picking on both of them. seems much more honest than DCL's odd pseudo-mentoring post where he all of a sudden votes levio out of the blue. Kid A finally decides to sprinkle some more logic to his post there.
I'm sorry, but aren't they the same reason? Are you focusing on tone of voice, because I don't really understand.
In post 128, Alabaska J wrote:they're here, they're queer, they're not goin anywheer
Saved for posterity

Alabaska is my townread atm

You know what bothers me? DCL and Generic are raising the same flags to me, but only DCL is getting hit.

VOTE: Generic until DCL posts again, it seems like he's gone into hiding.
i-i
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.06
yessiree
( 1 ) NotThePope
Generic
( 1 ) TMTOLBTWNTOF
levio
( 1 ) DCLXVI
Kid A
( 1 ) RadiantCowbells
DCLXVI
( 2 ) absta101 , yessiree
Bub Bidderskins
( 2 ) Alabaska J , Smudger
Alabaska J
( 0 )
NotThePope
( 1 ) Om of the Nom
TMTOLBTWNTOF
( 0 )
Smudger
( 1 ) Bub Bidderskins
RadiantCowbells
( 2 ) Kid A , levio
absta101
( 0 )
Om of the Nom
( 0 )

Not voting:
Generic

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-07-08 09:36:53)

Bub Bidderskins is V/LA until Friday.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 175, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 125, Alabaska J wrote:also, i'm more ok with Kid A's vote on levio than DCL's, if people are wondering why i'm not picking on both of them. seems much more honest than DCL's odd pseudo-mentoring post where he all of a sudden votes levio out of the blue. Kid A finally decides to sprinkle some more logic to his post there.
I'm sorry, but aren't they the same reason? Are you focusing on tone of voice, because I don't really understand.
yeah it was the tone thing and the phrasing. i mean the theory isn't super strong and i agree is also indicative of inexperienced town but DCL seemed to be picking up on that and giving him advice to trust his gut, and then all of sudden says "lol jk i think ur scum tho" and votes him. that rubbed me the wrong way on him
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 175, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 27, levio wrote:VOTE: NotThePope
now what the hell dude, you call someone and vote other guy? besides what is that "i want to get a wagon going" when the day hasn't even started yet... you are top in my scum list (this is not a wagon vote, I just want to put my shit straight)
This is probably because hydra

As of Page 3, yessiree is my strongest town read
In post 103, DCLXVI wrote:No, if you think someone is scum you keep on saying it all game. Unless someone provides a good argument as to why that person isn't scum you should still call him scum. I was in a recent game where I called someone scum basically all game, it wasn't until lylo that that person was lynched and flipped scum. If I had listened to all the other townreads ppl had on that player we would have lost the game.

trust your scumhunting ... if you are town. However I don't think that is the case here.

someone is way to concerned with trying to go with the flow.
Bad logic. New town would be concerned with going with the flow.
Tentative VOTE: DCL to get off of Radiant, who is null
In post 118, Smudger wrote:
In post 114, absta101 wrote:Smudger is just laying low posting shit like "in theory I would..." to distance himself from his views.
as for laying low, how am I laying low, I live in Dubai, which is a Muslim country,the weekend here is Friday/Saturday, and my time zone is +4 GMT. So my activity is low during my weekend, but then you would not know that. But what is irksome is your failure to appreciate that because of the DNS attack yesterday on the site getting into the forums was for me impossible, when all things are considered.
If I understand correctly, laying low refers to making sure not to rock the boat and not a lack of posting.
This sounds overly defensive.
In post 122, yessiree wrote:townread on Om of the Nom for the efforts put in to scum hunt
I don't like this townread. And I retract my townread on yessir.

In addition, I don't like Generic for the same reason. (bullshit townreads)
In post 128, Alabaska J wrote:they're here, they're queer, they're not goin anywheer
Saved for posterity

Alabaska is my townread atm

You know what bothers me? DCL and Generic are raising the same flags to me, but only DCL is getting hit.

VOTE: Generic until DCL posts again, it seems like he's gone into hiding.
You say that like its a fault of the game. It's subjective interpretation, just because you are seeing issues with me the same as another player, doesn't mean everyone reads the game the same way.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

Prod dodge, RL is been a bit busy tomorrow hopefully will not be.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
TMTOLBTWNTOF
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by TMTOLBTWNTOF »

In post 178, Generic wrote: You say that like its a fault of the game. It's subjective interpretation, just because you are seeing issues with me the same as another player, doesn't mean everyone reads the game the same way.
Other people have commented on you, but have steered clear of a vote, or further association for that matter.
It's like scum attempting to distance but not vote.
i-i
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Post by N »

Prodding NotThePope
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 166, Generic wrote:
In post 164, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 162, Generic wrote:I called the Insta clear stupid because ironically 'there was no meat on the bones'. I gets sting this is what annoys you about my town reason you when you felt it was fine to provide even less yourself.
I never claimed Bub was a strong townread. I don't have much for thinking he's town in the first place but at the same time I don't have anything pointing him to being scum that counters that. You, however, claimed me as one of your strongest townreads and then gave nothing to really indicate why.
Your exact words were "bub is town" I believe. Doesn't get more definitive than that.
I guess I can forgive you on this one for not knowing how I work. When it comes to giving out reads, I always show confidence, and I deal in absolutes quite frequently (only on the outside though, my reads are more complicated that what I actually post). However, you can tell when I'm feeling strongly about someone being town when I call them town repeatedly, or I might start defending them trying to get people not to lynch them.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Post by N »

Prodding RadiantCowbells
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:57 pm

Post by Smudger »

My weekend begins tomorrow so will not be that active until Sunday,
NotThePope
NotThePope
Townie
NotThePope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:13 am

Post by NotThePope »

Liking whoever brought up that point about generic. Were going to agree there, kinda curious what happens when we....

VOTE: generic

Phonepost
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:22 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 180, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 178, Generic wrote: You say that like its a fault of the game. It's subjective interpretation, just because you are seeing issues with me the same as another player, doesn't mean everyone reads the game the same way.
Other people have commented on you, but have steered clear of a vote, or further association for that matter.
It's like scum attempting to distance but not vote.
Who is distancing from Generic, in your opinion?
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:50 am

Post by Generic »

In post 182, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 162, Generic wrote:I called the Insta clear stupid because ironically 'there was no meat on the bones'. I gets sting this is what annoys you about my town reason you when you felt it was fine to provide even less yourself.
I never claimed Bub was a strong townread. I don't have much for thinking he's town in the first place but at the same time I don't have anything pointing him to being scum that counters that. You, however, claimed me as one of your strongest townreads and then gave nothing to really indicate why.
Your exact words were "bub is town" I believe. Doesn't get more definitive than that.
I guess I can forgive you on this one for not knowing how I work. When it comes to giving out reads, I always show confidence, and I deal in absolutes quite frequently (only on the outside though, my reads are more complicated that what I actually post). However, you can tell when I'm feeling strongly about someone being town when I call them town repeatedly, or I might start defending them trying to get people not to lynch them.

New to mafiascum so I'm having to cold read you guys at present, but noted for meta. Can you give me a couple example games where you were town on here that I can check that against ease? And if you have been mafia one or two of them for comparison.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:57 am

Post by Generic »

In post 185, NotThePope wrote:Liking whoever brought up that point about generic. Were going to agree there, kinda curious what happens when we....

VOTE: generic

Phonepost

You noticed your teammate trying to get your attention to back him up did ya?

Convenient that the guy who's name I can't pronounce (lots of letters, will call you TMT for now) gives a shout out for more people to be following his vote on me, and NTP leaps to the call.

Just because people have felt cause to voice early suspicions on me day 1 doesn't make it a must vote option. It's day 1, several people have been under suspicion from a few people without votes needing to be placed down. That's how mislynches get achieved. It's why pressure is applied and questions are asked, like om has done with me as an example.

NTP was already on my radar, looks like there was more to your vote and fishing for more go wagon me than I first thought TMT
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 187, Generic wrote:
In post 182, Om of the Nom wrote:

New to mafiascum so I'm having to cold read you guys at present, but noted for meta. Can you give me a couple example games where you were town on here that I can check that against ease? And if you have been mafia one or two of them for comparison.
I'm like that in basically every game I play (assuming I'm interested in the game enough to have decent reads). However, you might find that I tend to make my reads more complicated as the game goes on.
It's really more my playstyle than how I play as a specific alignment, so it shouldn't be used to clear me or to incriminate me, as it's entirely alignment-null. The only thing that should matter is whether or not you think I'm faking the reads.

Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Generic »

I have been hesitant to pull certain reads from the thread because I haven't been able to give this the time it deserves to assess which I think have most merit. But you have made some genuine pushes on me from what I can tell, you haven't tried to twist what I have posted but have continued to develop the pressure on me by evolving the questions rather than continually dwelling on the same one or two elements. It's part of why I have continued to respond back at you, because I am seeing nothing but confirmation on my initial assessment of you.

But unless you have more you want me to answer om I have two people I am going to post analyse now to see if this is the first time they have linked (NTP and TMT).
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:22 am

Post by yessiree »

Generic, no body does team speculations on day 1. save that shit for later
NotThePope
NotThePope
Townie
NotThePope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:25 am

Post by NotThePope »

Classic overreaction to having 2 votes. TMT was on to something.

Hes stretching for ways to discredit the wagon on him. Interesting.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:31 am

Post by Generic »

This is part of the reason I have had less interest in this game. The lectures.

Don't take issue with hydras ( never seen such a setup anywhere else, so forgive me if I am struggling to get my head around it)

Don't speculate links (even though a suspicious player showing links to another suspicious player seems a better prospect than a suspicious player who tells you nothing leading off their flip)

Please accept I'm new to your site, you do things differently to what I'm used and so I can only play the game my way.
I know you guys in the main are trying to help me out but it makes me hesitant to do anything, and the point of this game is to enjoy it I thought. I may do things you don't like, but you don't have to agree with my assessments so it won't affect you. And I might just come good if I do it my way.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Generic »

In post 192, NotThePope wrote:Classic overreaction to having 2 votes. TMT was on to something.

Hes stretching for ways to discredit the wagon on him. Interesting.
You jumped in too fast and too loose NTP, you let your teammate down.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:42 am

Post by yessiree »

you can do team speculations all day long, but it's useless without a flip
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:37 am

Post by Generic »

In post 195, yessiree wrote:you can do team speculations all day long, but it's useless without a flip
It's a fair comment, but it doesn't stop me utilising odd interactions for potential strengthening of my read on someone. When I do see a flip I then know what reads to rectify accordingly.
NotThePope
NotThePope
Townie
NotThePope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:18 am

Post by NotThePope »

Sorry about the inactivity guys, I was hospitalised :(
Om, self meta as an excuse just sucks
Alabaska J
Alabaska J