The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13563 (isolation #1800) » Sat May 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I absolutely think the server should be on Normal difficulty. Easy is basically broken, and not just because of the cave spiders - you can NOT EAT ANYTHING AT ALL and still go around totally fine with 5 hearts until you screw up. And on easy, creepers are a joke - you can just hold them at arm's length and they won't exploide - and their explosions are incredibly wimpy if they do manage to go off. I KNOW that this is a cooperative server, but it still needs to have SOME challenge.

Also, vanilla has been on normal for over a year now. It was one of the first things we discussed after Claus op'd me and Xalxe.

@Rob - Tinker's adds blue slimes, which aren't really any trouble. They're more of a resource than an enemy. Twilight adds whole piles of mobs, that are generally tougher than the overworld mobs, as well as a few difficult boss mobs.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13566 (isolation #1801) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:22 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

If that's because of what I said, I want to make it clear that while I think how you play vanilla is broken and cheaty, I don't think how you want to play FTB is in any way invalid, or that your opinion shouldn't be counted. I just think it can negatively effect other people's experience.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13576 (isolation #1802) » Sun May 26, 2013 6:06 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, there's definitely some bugginess going on with the launcher. As far as I know though, there's nothing I can do to fix it - I've just checked and there's nothing out of the ordinary in the pack I sent them.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13580 (isolation #1803) » Sun May 26, 2013 8:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Lurker, I think it's incredibly unlikely that you'll get enough support to make hard the chosen difficulty. If I were you, I'd strategically vote for normal - at least that way we don't get stuck with easy.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13583 (isolation #1804) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:13 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'm making some community portals near spawn; don't use them just yet, I haven't lined stuff up properly.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13591 (isolation #1805) » Sun May 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

MS doesn't like [POSSIBLEtinyurlSPAM]. Or bit.ly for that matter.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13595 (isolation #1806) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:21 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Nah. I've had a lexicon for ages.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13599 (isolation #1807) » Mon May 27, 2013 5:12 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13597, T-Bone wrote:HOLY SHIT I BUILT MY HOUSE ON TOP OF A FORTRESS
...fortress? You mean stronghold?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13603 (isolation #1808) » Mon May 27, 2013 7:22 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13601, T-Bone wrote:Okay. I will tackle the Stronghold under my house tonight. Family has come over so I can't Mindcraft this afternoon. Please no one steal my thunder without me.

Though if someone wants to collect Eyes of Ender in anticipation for this event, that'd be cool. We'll turn this into a server event.
I have something like 18 eyes left over, I made waaaay too many when I went to my stronghold. You can have them if you want.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13606 (isolation #1809) » Mon May 27, 2013 11:09 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

1. ...yellowstone lamps in starter kits? Wut?

2. The spawn area was made to offer a safe-ish place for new players. That does not mean the stuff we put there is free for anyone to take. Treat it like you would a player's work.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13608 (isolation #1810) » Mon May 27, 2013 11:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Spawn has inverted road lamps and glowstone brick. Both were chosen because they actually look nice in the context; I don't see why we should change them.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13641 (isolation #1811) » Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

What the fuck, Maru?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13649 (isolation #1812) » Tue May 28, 2013 5:41 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I already made us nether and twilight portals at spawn, just opposite the spawnpad. I'd love to develop the area a bit more though - I might build some kind of barn/farm or something there, and an XP grinder of some kind would be great too.

I'd like to request that if anyone finds a skeleton spawner and doesn't want to build their own grinder out of it, they let me know where it is - I'd love to gravity gun several together to make us a really powerful grinder.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13669 (isolation #1813) » Wed May 29, 2013 4:08 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Question for people running the pack from MultiMC:

Is anyone else having trouble loading/downloading the minecraft jars? I've been trying to test some configs and stuff in a separate instance, but I'm getting a massive pile of errors whenever I try to run it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13678 (isolation #1814) » Wed May 29, 2013 7:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Hey T-Bone. You might have found a stronghold in your home, but I just went one better and found my home in a stronghold. :P
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13680 (isolation #1815) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13679, Maestro wrote:(er, izak, you weren't online when he realized it was just some silverfish because of his ExHills location...not a Stronghold...)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13681 (isolation #1816) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Also: the location of my future home. Please don't invade/nuke/burn down/eat/quarry the hell out of it.

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13708 (isolation #1817) » Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13707, Maestro wrote:the Open Hearth Furnace from TrainCraft is permanently banned, just FYI
...is this related to the server being down? >_>
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13714 (isolation #1818) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:13 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Hey everyone, looks like M managed to fix the issue, but we had to reset the TrainCraft config file to get it working. So to join the server, you're going to have to delete Traincraft.cfg, which you can find in Minecraft/config/Traincraft.cfg.

Where your Minecraft folder is depends how you're launching the pack - if you're using the FTB launcher it will be /FTB/MafiaCraft, if you're using a manual setup with MultiMC it will be /MultiMC/instances/[name]/minecraft.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13721 (isolation #1819) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:48 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

People were complaining about the death counter, so I've set it to display on the tab menu instead of as a list. You can't see offline players on the tab menu though, so I've also installed a button at spawn that you can hit to display the list like it used to be for 30 seconds. When we have wireless redstone in the pack, I'll set up a frequency you can transmit on to make it show (with a cooldown time to prevent abuse).
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13723 (isolation #1820) » Thu May 30, 2013 8:39 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

We're still deciding what to do - whether to try and get a (very) old backup and go from there, start a new server of the same kind from scratch, or run it as a strictly 100% vanilla server and update it with every snapshot the moment they come out.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13740 (isolation #1821) » Thu May 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13737, fuzzybutternut wrote:Anyone know the rules of creating a topic in "The whole sort of general mismash" thread?
I wanna make one.
Obey the site rules, post about it here, make it awesome, don't abandon it without a decent reason. That's pretty much it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13758 (isolation #1822) » Fri May 31, 2013 11:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I am not convinced.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13770 (isolation #1823) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Thanks to Agge, the Mac/Linux problems should be fixed now. I've got no way of testing it myself, but you should be able to download it from the launcher and play like normal.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13779 (isolation #1824) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

No, that middle one wasn't me. I made my journey legit (well, I used warp arrows...), and iirc it was to the north.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13788 (isolation #1825) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13785, Maestro wrote:yup, whatever you and Agge pushed through the launcher still has the non-default Traincraft config or something izak. we should definitely NOT be pushing updates through without prior discussion and we should definitely set them up so they have the same configs as the server from now on
I didn't send the update, the FTB guys did and didn't tell me about it until afterwards. 1.0.4 is identical to 1.0.3 except for the way it's zipped; people can still delete Traincraft.cfg and it should run just fine as far as I know.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13791 (isolation #1826) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:05 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Pretty sure that's how we already do it, and TC is only messed up because we had to reset it. But I could be mistaken.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13803 (isolation #1827) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

DEFECTORS
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13856 (isolation #1828) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:53 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, no, we're not using Cubic Chunks. Pretty nice mod, but not really for modpacks.

And we've previously used White-White-White as a kind of recycling bin, a take-anything-leave-anything deal. But that's not an issue if we come up with some other frequency that's easy to get the dyes for... maybe Brown-Brown-Brown, and stick a cocoa farm near spawn?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13918 (isolation #1829) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13917, Andrius wrote:...how do you update to 13w23a?
Get the new launcher, choose it from the drop-down list.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13945 (isolation #1830) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Building Blocks starter kit image has FailURL™.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13960 (isolation #1831) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:01 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13959, Maruchan wrote:creepers are already pointless, once ANY tier armor is reached and only serve to create ugly holes.
Which makes them worth avoiding/killing quickly. I am strongly against adding this mod.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13963 (isolation #1832) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, no. Even if absolutely everyone was ok with such a massive creeper nerf, that's a jar mod. Which means it's likely to break itself and/or forge, either immediately or at some point in the future.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14007 (isolation #1833) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, I don't know why this even made it into admin discussions, let alone the thread. It's a terrible idea poorly executed - forget it and move on.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14010 (isolation #1834) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:54 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

...except this didn't even need to be made into an issue in the first place. I could go find a hundred terrible mods that would make horrible additions to the pack; do we need to drag them all over the thread too so that the community has a say about them?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14034 (isolation #1835) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:21 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Natura was brought up, and dismissed by everyone pretty much immediately. Which I agree with, fwiw.

And I did "config the fuck out of" GregTech already and I was going to go into even more detail, but the reasons we dropped IC2 and it's addons had very little to do with GregTech.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14037 (isolation #1836) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Also, the minium stone is temporary and EE3 is still in heavy development. The mass fabricator is supposed to be a finished feature.

PEdit: well when we had GregTech hard mode in the Mindcrack pack, everyone whined about it. Then Maru tried to change it - it got borked. I tried to fix it - people whined. Vanilla IC2 in DW20 - OVERPOWERED!!!!111!!!!1! I try to "fix" GregTech so we can actually use it - you guys throw the whole thing out. And now we've come all the way back to wanting GregTech hard mode with all the nerfs I can think of? Seriously? There's no pleasing you people. :P
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14040 (isolation #1837) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, and something scroo bought up when we were talking about the pack a couple of weeks ago - several Gregtech config options makes VANILLA minecraft dependent on it. Which would be fine if every single one of us loved IC2 and Gregtech, but that's obviously not the case.

PEdit: ETL, the vast majority of what went into the pack was largely without community input. Blame Maru.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14044 (isolation #1838) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14043, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Why would it need a rstart?
Because of all the worldgen. We'd need a new world for it to work properly.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14048 (isolation #1839) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:43 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14041, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Why blame maru when the rest of you allowed it to go on? He gave you guys control over it.
I don't know how Klaz and M felt about keeping it secret and not taking input on the pack until the end. I wanted it to be public from when I first heard about it, but Maru was both the host and the owner at that point, and he said we had to keep it quiet.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14049 (isolation #1840) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:44 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14047, Maestro wrote:
In post 14032, Maestro wrote:Just so you guys know, a lovely old-timer has returned to the Vanilla Server!

chesskid PMed Klaz a few minutes ago, and Klaz studiously forwarded him to me. :)
I've given him time to go build a Creeper Farm, and then he's going to TNT the entire server.

Yay! <3
I love how nobody acknowledged or reacted to this post at all... XD
I assumed you were joking. Don't we have a ban list? >_>
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14051 (isolation #1841) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, and blake: a new dimension would actually be ok if we liked the mod enough, and it didn't add ANY worldgen to the overworld. Aether II, anyone? :P
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14053 (isolation #1842) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

It's a new mod, a kind of re-make of the old Aether mod. I wasn't really being serious, I'm not even sure that it doesn't add OW worldgen.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14055 (isolation #1843) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Those aren't the only concerns. The mod as a whole is kind of obnoxious and overblown - to start with, it changes the menus and replaces the logo with it's own one. I'm reasonably certain it would work with our other mods, but I'm not at all convinced we want that kind of thing.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14057 (isolation #1844) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:04 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yep. It is very, very ew.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14075 (isolation #1845) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14061, Oso wrote:Informational note:

I found a Pumping Station in the Overworld at X:-1792/Y:117/Z:1056. The Energy Tesseract was set to Frequency 1(Oil Pump).

I have not dismantled it but it has been here for at least 2 weeks, that is when I first noticed it, and the well is dry (it was a HUGE Oil Vault by the way when I looked, lots of oil came out of it). The Equipment is an Energy Tess, Pump, an Ender Tank set Black/Black/Black plus the Energy Conduits and waterproof pipes to run the thing.

I did take down the chunk loader though, trying to find if I could get the owner's name and it fell quite a ways and I couldn't find it to recover it, so who ever this rig belongs to, I owe you a chunk loader.

Only reason I mention this is that it looks like it might be abandoned by a player who no longer plays or the player who does own it has forgotten exactly where it was. It is located in some Red Hills right next to an NPC Village. Anyhow, get a hold of me in game or respond to this post if it is yours and I'll replace your chunk loader.
Yeah, that was mine, I've just been pretty busy and I didn't have a chance to dismantle it properly yet. I'll go take it down when I get a chance to play.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14085 (isolation #1846) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:45 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Hey M, turns out FTB don't like having multiple people submitting updates after all, so I quoted your post in the original thread.

>____>
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14117 (isolation #1847) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:27 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14114, Maestro wrote:ALSO I DUNNO WHAT THIS MEANS BUT IT LOOKS SEXY AND SCREAMS "YOUR TEXTURE PACKS JUST BROKE FOREVER"

Basically means texture packs are now "resource packs" and can have sounds and music and other cool stuff. It's kind of a step towards the mod API.

Also, Mojang made a tool to automatically update your texture packs.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14167 (isolation #1848) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'd say C.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14172 (isolation #1849) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:46 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Rhinox is cool and you should all listen to him more.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14299 (isolation #1850) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:13 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, it's damn near impossible to make a good "fat spider" farm. Believe me, I've tried - they're so inefficient they're only good if you're playing UHC or something and you really need an XP farm. Cave Spiders are a bit better, but still only worthwhile if you can get a bunch of them together.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14323 (isolation #1851) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't know what mod adds the green copper and petroleum, but whatever it is, it has some pretty serious issues. :?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14488 (isolation #1852) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So... this is some spectacularly bad timing. I was just planning to step down as an admin too. :?

I haven't really been involved in the running of the server beyond fixing minor stuff in-game recently, though, so it's not like I'd be in a position to start properly running it. Under the circumstances I'd be ok with staying on as an in-game Op if the new admin(s) want, but I don't have the time or experience to be a full admin.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14495 (isolation #1853) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'm also fine with Rhinox taking over the modded server.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14498 (isolation #1854) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:19 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

If we really have to scrap the current world - and I'd really rather we didn't - I think FTB Ultimate is the best option.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14502 (isolation #1855) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:39 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14500, Rhinox wrote:
In post 14498, izakthegoomba wrote:If we really have to scrap the current world - and I'd really rather we didn't - I think FTB Ultimate is the best option.
Ultimate as-is, or with some subset of mods deactivated?
I'd say as-is, though I'd be happy to config Gregtech for you to make it more reasonable, since I'm the one with the most experience of it.
In post 14501, Rhinox wrote:Also, any comments on ditching modding altogether and just playing vanilla, which would be much more likely to be problem free and last a very long time?
Pure vanilla survival lost it's charm for me quite a while ago.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14530 (isolation #1856) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14518, Rhinox wrote:How would everyone feel about a server that was trimmed down to look something like that, as a starting point? Obviously a world reset would be required but I feel like a pack like that would have the best chance of being stable for a long time.
I would not want to be an admin, op, or playing if we were running a pack anything like that. Like scroo said, it completely misses the point of modded minecraft and cuts out most of what makes it enjoyable.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14546 (isolation #1857) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:37 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Back in the Claus/me/Xalxe era a bunch of us used to Skype all the time. And we did PvP and challenges and stuff on weekends. I'd kind of like to get back to that, actually.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14552 (isolation #1858) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'd love to try mass-conquering a CTM map some time. Probably one that some of us have played before, so we can take it on quickly.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14575 (isolation #1859) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14573, Claus wrote:I check the thread from time to time, but I have been playing minecraft very rarely.

If you guys set up a Dragon-run, or a Mindcrack SuperHardcore style free-for-all, I would try to join (although my timezone is completely different from everyoneelse)
We tried UHC a couple of times, but it didn't really work out.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14577 (isolation #1860) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:43 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14576, dappyscroo wrote:
In post 14575, izakthegoomba wrote:
In post 14573, Claus wrote:I check the thread from time to time, but I have been playing minecraft very rarely.

If you guys set up a Dragon-run, or a Mindcrack SuperHardcore style free-for-all, I would try to join (although my timezone is completely different from everyoneelse)
We tried UHC a couple of times, but it didn't really work out.
By UHC not working, what you mean is that I won and everyone else got fed up! :) Seriously though, the dragon run was really good fun, even though we cheated the last bit due to nasty-falling-off-ledge-in-the-end stuff. It would be fantastic to do it again. And I'm definitely up for some PvP games, even if they're not UHC.
If I remember rightly, I won when you didn't realise cave spiders were a bad idea in UHC. :P
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14612 (isolation #1861) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

you guys realise if we had a server with a decent amount of RAM we could probably just run FTB Ultimate and everything would be fine, right?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14656 (isolation #1862) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:51 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14655, fuzzybutternut wrote:Trust me, with GT installed it takes a month to make any kind of machine that's worth while.
This is not only untrue, but also absolutely ridiculous. But anyway, I'm done with SMP, at least for now. Count me out as an admin on both servers.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14806 (isolation #1863) » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14805, Maruchan wrote:GOD DAMN IT FUCKING 1.6 IS MAKING MODDING SO COMPLICATED GRRRRRRRRR
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14838 (isolation #1864) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:21 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

4000 blocks? Hah! Back in my day we travelled 40,000 blocks across the continent on foot, and we bleedin' well liked it!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14844 (isolation #1865) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:25 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14843, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 14838, izakthegoomba wrote:4000 blocks? Hah! Back in my day we travelled 40,000 blocks across the continent on foot, and we bleedin' well liked it!
but actually literally. on the last server, I boated/walked out to -44,940, -12,712 to start a new life. ah, Vineland....
:goodtimes:
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14883 (isolation #1866) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Take a boat directly south-west from spawntown. If you come across a forsted island you're going in the right direction - adjust your course slightly to the right. You should find a desert, head west from there and you should run right into skytown.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14909 (isolation #1867) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

73. 72 for a No Lynch.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14962 (isolation #1868) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So I'm kinda sorta maybe tempted to return to the new vanilla server... how vanilla is it, exactly?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14965 (isolation #1869) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:52 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So I'm messing around on vanilla a bit. Have we got to the end/killed the dragon yet?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14970 (isolation #1870) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I've speedran minecraft a few times now, with a couple of hours of undisturbed playing I can get an end portal up for you.

Also, I want to find the stronghold because I want to turn revive my plan to turn one into a home. Just sayin'.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14974 (isolation #1871) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:11 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

OHMIGOD MINECRAFT Y SO MANY GHASTS SUDDENLY?

I can't even stick my head out the top of the fortress without seven ghastballs coming at me.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14976 (isolation #1872) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14980 (isolation #1873) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:28 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

What difficulty is the server on? Also, any reason we can't use /seed?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14997 (isolation #1874) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

The urge to cry "I told you so"...

Seriously, guys...

*headdesk*
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14998 (isolation #1875) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Also I dealt with the ghasts. We now have an extremely basic, kill-them-yourself blaze farm.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15003 (isolation #1876) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15002, Maestro wrote:
In post 14997, izakthegoomba wrote:The urge to cry "I told you so"...

Seriously, guys...

*headdesk*
?
I told y'all not to start a serious new world until we got the next big biome update out of the way.

Anyways, end portal up. Saturday GMTevening/ESTafternoon for the dragon fight, anyone? I'd like to try and kill the dragon reasonably near the End's spawn point, so when I get round to building an ender-ender later it's not too much of a pain to set up the rail lines.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15005 (isolation #1877) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:43 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15004, Maestro wrote:lolizak, people will be unhappy if a world stays alive but has issues and/or suffers from inactivity, people will be unhappy if we don't have bleeding edge updates. People will certainly get upset if we have no Vanilla server at all, which, if you'll remember, was the situation we faced. The temporary loss of the server files till Maru/Corin found Corin's backup was a considerable amount of time when a bunch of us did (at least for awhile) want to play Vanilla MC with eachother.
What would you have recommended given those circumstances?[/quote]
Sure, it was a difficult situation and I don't actually think there was a better solution available. But it still sucks that we're looking at another world reset after I explicitly warned you all that there was a big worldgen update coming. I don't mind
too
much because I've only been playing a couple of days (though I have played a LOT in that time), but there's some pretty impressive stuff that it would be a real shame to lose.
In post 15004, Maestro wrote:I'd seriously like to think we should honor Rhinox's "you haven't been playing so you don't get a vote" but honestly many people only play Vanilla for "the next big thing", they make their way through what they want to do, and get bored quickly. Same with modded, tbqh, it's just Modded has more bells and whistles. There's no one way to play, there's no one way that's best for everybody. There's compromise or there's stagnation and I thought we'd chosen to adopt the former rather than the latter.
I just want to point out that I disagree with the premise here. The builds I've seen on the vanilla server, even just around spawn, ought to discredit the notion that people only play for "the next big thing".
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15007 (isolation #1878) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:22 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

To be totally honest, I miss the old way of running the vanilla server, back when it was Claus (and later me and Xalxe) running the show. There were at least two major worldgen updates during that period, and numerous other changes, and nobody even
mentioned
a restart.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15008 (isolation #1879) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

To elaborate on that, it would be nice if we could have a chance to pre-generate, either using supervised creative mode or some other tool, an area around anywhere that we want to live long-term, so that we don't have to run into chunk borders unless we go exploring. But I don't think this warrants a restart.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15009 (isolation #1880) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:08 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Two "cat" and four "13" records in a chest at x-416 y35 z-1725, if anyone wants them. I didn't have room for them.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15010 (isolation #1881) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Hey guys. Guess what?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15012 (isolation #1882) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:23 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15011, Rhinox wrote:
In post 15008, izakthegoomba wrote:To elaborate on that, it would be nice if we could have a chance to pre-generate, either using supervised creative mode or some other tool, an area around anywhere that we want to live long-term, so that we don't have to run into chunk borders unless we go exploring. But I don't think this warrants a restart.
Not sure I follow. Do you mean like limiting the world? Build a big bedrock wall from +5000 to -5000 in each direction to prevent exploring outside that area and then expand the world when an update happens?
No, I just mean give us a chance to generate some land around the areas that we plan to inhabit long-term. So that after the update, we at least don't see version borders until we go a bit of a way out.
In post 15011, Rhinox wrote:
In post 15010, izakthegoomba wrote:Hey guys. Guess what?
WHAT?
NATURAL SPAWNED GOLD APPLE IN A DUNGEON CHEST, BITTTTCCCCHHHESSSSSSSSSSS!

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15015 (isolation #1883) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:22 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15013, Maestro wrote:THE ENCHANTED KIND?!? WTF IZAK ( P.S. Is that yellow/white disc in your inventory mellohi? I may be interested in buying...and I would really love a name tag if possible. <3 )
Nah, just a regular one. :P Though they should really change it to make enchanted ones generate, considering how rare they are.

Mellohi is purple. I've been dungeon/mineshaft raiding, so all the disks I have are Cat and 13.

As for name tags - I got 9 out of one dungeon chest (a surface dungeon in a desert, too!) and I now have 14 total, so I'm sure I can spare one. :D
In post 15014, Xalxe wrote:
In post 15012, izakthegoomba wrote:NATURAL SPAWNED GOLD APPLE IN A DUNGEON CHEST, BITTTTCCCCHHHESSSSSSSSSSS!
what
Well it's worthless, but still, ~RAREST NATURALLY GENERATING THING IN THE WHOLE GAME WOOT~
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15024 (isolation #1884) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15018, fuzzybutternut wrote:SUGGESTION:
Keep same map, but when 1.7 updates, we all have a max exodus to like, 10,000, 10,000 and start anew. Then someone can do something with command blocks so we can visit old-spawntown.
I am very strongly against this idea. If people want to run away to live in the new biomes, that's absolutely fine. But it shouldn't be an official change, there shouldn't be a command block teleporter, and we
definately
shouldn't think of what's already been built as "old-spawntown".
In post 15022, Bulbazak wrote:As for End raiding, I'll have an awful lot of work to do to get prepared for a Sat. run.
Meh. People massively overestimate what you need for a dragon run, especially if you're doing it with a group. Really, low-level enchants on iron gear, a power I bow with a decent stock of arrows, a water bucket in case you attract endermen, food, and blocks should be enough.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15025 (isolation #1885) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:32 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So assuming we don't restart, I intend to focus on community mega-project builds in this world. Currently I'm planning a blaze farm, wither skellie farm, iron golem farm, and enderman farm - any other ideas?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15026 (isolation #1886) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, and a slime farm, of course. They're super-easy to make so there's no reason not to.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15029 (isolation #1887) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15027, fuzzybutternut wrote:How are you going to make a wither skelly farm on vanilla? o.o
Very, very carefully. :P
In post 15028, fuzzybutternut wrote:
In post 15024, izakthegoomba wrote:Really, low-level enchants on iron gear, a power I bow with a decent stock of arrows, a water bucket in case you attract endermen, food, and blocks should be enough.
Actually, unless something has changed recently, all you need is full leather armor and the ender dragon can't hurt you. (Not that you'd want to actually go to the end with leather armor and try to fight endermen, but meh).
That was a bug and I'm pretty sure they fixed it. But anyway, you don't need much to take on the enderdragon. It's the wither that you really need amazing gear for.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15046 (isolation #1888) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

And there's no way we're going to have Amplified terrain gen on a server.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15051 (isolation #1889) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:45 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Anyone around at 20:00 GMT (about 2h 15m from this post) for the dragon run?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15059 (isolation #1890) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:42 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

We could have waited if you'd asked, I had no idea you'd be able to make it for 8:30 but not for 8:00.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15070 (isolation #1891) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

What are the server's specs like? And have you considered that Thaumcraft 4 is coming out for 1.6.2, meaning when you update you'll almost certainly have to restart the world?

Edit: also, EBXL or BoP?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15073 (isolation #1892) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Unleashed includes EBXL
and
BoP, though BoP is disabled by default, which is why I ask. And Thaumcraft 4 is a world-breaking update; there would be major screwyness and probably crashes if we tried to update without a restart.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15074 (isolation #1893) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Unleashed includes EBXL
and
BoP, though BoP is disabled by default, which is why I ask. And Thaumcraft 4 is a world-breaking update; there would be major screwyness and probably crashes if we tried to update without a restart.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15077 (isolation #1894) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, TC4 is pretty awesome. I'm just worried about having to have yet another world restart at the 1.6 update. :S
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15085 (isolation #1895) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:41 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Seriously, drop EBXL and just go with BoP. There's nothing ebxl does that bop doesn't, and BoP's terrain is a lot nicer.

I'd like to be whitelisted (same name), but I won't be playing seriously until I see how the next update or two pan out.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15099 (isolation #1896) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Anyone got a large stockpile of quartz on vanilla? I'd really love to make the EnderEnder lobby out of the stuff, but I only have a few stacks. :S

Also, I'm going to need slimeballs for pistons in the near future, anyone know of a decent-sized swamp?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15103 (isolation #1897) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I like the general layout, but if I can get enough quartz to build with I'll probably replace the blocks to make it all fit the same style.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15120 (isolation #1898) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I tried shaders once. My framerate actually stopped being a thing that exists.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15121 (isolation #1899) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:47 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

M, the thing you want taken apart is the redstone/quartz temple, right?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15126 (isolation #1900) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:44 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So I just fell into a giant lava ocean in the nether. I logged out the moment I hit the surface, after taking one tick of lava damage. I don't know how deep it is. Anyone got an amazing idea on how to survive?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15134 (isolation #1901) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15132, Maestro wrote:Also, izak, I'm assuming this ominous chat message I saw in the console log are your coords in the Nether?
15:13:18 <izakthegoomba> -19 43 30
If so, I'll go and start blocking up that area. I also actually have some leftover Health II potions in my stash from when I battled the Wither awhile back. I'll bring those. You will survive.
Nah, that's the coords for the tunnel to the portal I was going to go back to. I could find the way to where I fell from there though - I could get my brother to hop on if you could whitelist him (samyelll)?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15136 (isolation #1902) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Nah, it's kind of long and mostly featureless. Much easier if I can go grab the coords myself.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15138 (isolation #1903) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:26 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Messing around with my Unleashed installation, and stuff is borking pretty badly. Anyone got a list of which mods are enabled/disabled on the server?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15140 (isolation #1904) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:31 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok it's not borking now. Davroe helped me un-bork my file names.

E: oh, awesome. I fix my end the very moment the mojang servers go down. GUESS I WON'T BE PLAYING TODAY AFTER ALL.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15149 (isolation #1905) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok guys. How is it that I come back from a big mining expedition with over 3 stacks of diamond, but only TWO BLOCKS of tin ore? UGH.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15151 (isolation #1906) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah I did... I was caving. I mined at loads of different levels.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15169 (isolation #1907) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't mind having bukkit, but
please
keep the non-op commands to a minimum. I'd hate to start seeing things like /home and /warp popping up.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15199 (isolation #1908) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So I miiiiiight have just massively screwed up my wither containment device and let it loose in an area with a bunch of valuables, including all of my spawners...

fuck.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15201 (isolation #1909) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:00 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So there's currently a wither somewhat-loose in the nether. I'm working on tracking it down and killing it. Anyone know if safari nets work on them?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15202 (isolation #1910) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:28 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

If anyone else wants to take it on before I get to it though, have at it - I have plenty more skulls.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15215 (isolation #1911) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

D:

What happened?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15226 (isolation #1912) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Klaz is deaf, so...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15329 (isolation #1913) » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, there's some serious bugginess with superflat maps at the moment.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15390 (isolation #1914) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15386, Rob14 wrote:
FTB Server Announcement:

Using the Alkahest in any type of automated fashion (i.e. in an Advanced Crafting Table, etc.) causes server errors that crash the server and require MCEdit to be used to remove the automating block. Due to this, using the Alkahest in an automated fashion is now against the rules for obvious reasons. You can still use it manually to your heart's content.
Wait, is this the Tome of Alkahest too, or just the Alkahest itself?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15427 (isolation #1915) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:05 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I really don't see what's so great about XyCraft...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15429 (isolation #1916) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:25 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

*makes new modpack from scratch*

*throws everything into the mods folder without a second glace*

*launches first time with no errors*

*double-fist-pump*
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15432 (isolation #1917) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Going for a low-tech, magick-y kind of thing.

Spoiler: modlist
Barrels Mod
Better Anvils
BiblioCraft
BiblioWoods BoP
BiomesOPlenty
CodeChickenCore
ChickenChunks
DamageIndicators
EnderStorage
Equivalent Exchange 3
Equivalency
ForgeMultiPart
InventoryTweaks
IronChest
LomLib
Mystcraft
NetherOres
NotEnoughItems
NEI Addons
NEI Plugins
PowerCrystalsCore
Project Bench
SoulShards
ThaumCraft 4
ThaumicTinkerer 2
Tinkers Construct
Translocator
Twilight Forest
Wireless Redstone - ChickenBones' Edition
VoxelMap
XenosReliquary

I wanted Recovery Addon and Ages of Mystcraft too, but they're not updated yet.

EE3 and Tinkers are crazy experimental developer builds, which is why I'm so surprised it worked.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15434 (isolation #1918) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:40 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

First experience of Thaumcraft 4 when I start up a testing/config'ing world: spawning in a Tainted Land biome. Nice.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15436 (isolation #1919) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15435, fuzzybutternut wrote:Izak- xycraft has had a MAJOR upgrade, such that it's not longer just pretty blocks. I'm not sure exactly what all is new in it, but it's HUGE now.
Yeah, I've seen, and I'm not too impressed.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15456 (isolation #1920) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So I had this idea. If I could get I server up, and maybe a private FTB pack, would anyone be interested in some PvP games using Tinkers Construct with the "no vanilla tools" option turned on, and maybe just a few small other mods? I think it would make a really interesting game, especially in a decently large world.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15458 (isolation #1921) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15457, fuzzybutternut wrote:
In post 15456, izakthegoomba wrote:So I had this idea. If I could get I server up, and maybe a private FTB pack, would anyone be interested in some PvP games using Tinkers Construct with the "no vanilla tools" option turned on, and maybe just a few small other mods? I think it would make a really interesting game, especially in a decently large world.
If we do this, rapiers should not be allowed.
Because they are OP.
They really don't do much damage without a good amount of quartz though. Also, Tinkers will have armour very soon, which may well help rebalance that.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15475 (isolation #1922) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:42 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So my tech-free modded world corrupted somehow. Just when I was starting to enjoy it as well. :cry:

Ah well, at least Project Red is at a usable stage now, so I'll probably go back to a more full-on modpack once TE is out for 1.6 or 1.7...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15512 (isolation #1923) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I haven't been playing on vanilla much for the last few weeks, I kind of burnt myself out. So while I did a whole bunch of work resource gathering and stuff I didn't really make anything too impressive. I'd be fine with keeping or resetting, whatever works best.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15537 (isolation #1924) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:37 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

M, are you saying you want to quit as admin? Because if that's the case I'd be willing to take over, assuming we want to keep it as a plugin-light vanilla server that's primarily community-run.

Either way, I really hope this can carry on some way, I'd love to be able to play multiplayer again, since I've failed to find a half-decent 1.7 server so far.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15544 (isolation #1925) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Obviously, I'd be in favour of a map restart with the move to 1.7.2.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15576 (isolation #1926) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Awwww, come on, you just had to restart during the busiest week(end) of my life, didn't you? :(

Whitelist plz, I'll probably start playing some time next week.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15682 (isolation #1927) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:25 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Just got lag-murdered by buggy zombies twice with all my good gear, so I'm ragequitting for now.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15694 (isolation #1928) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:43 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

End portal is up! Just need to stock up on some arrows and then I'm ready for an enderdragon run whenever you guys are.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15699 (isolation #1929) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:06 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I think you guys really overrate how tough it is to get the portal up...
especially when Rhinox gives you a bunch of enderpearls he forgot he had...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15736 (isolation #1930) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'd be very happy to "jump on the idea" of building the nether hub. Since I'm kind of messing around not knowing what to do about my own home, I'd like to work on a project for the community.

Does a top-of-nether hub with, say, 12 railway stations attached sound good? We could always expand it downwards if we need more later.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15737 (isolation #1931) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok, I just built a simple minecart deployment thing that we could use in the hub. I've stolen Rhinox's block combination for now (netherbrick/cobble), but I'm open to other ideas.

Spoiler: pics
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15750 (isolation #1932) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:50 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 15738, Pizzadudes7 wrote:Go for sandstone and netherbrick. Other possible blocks can be wool, quartz, stone brick (definitely use this over cobble), and maybe even some birch wood. Just some suggestions as I feel netherbrick and cobble aren't really all that good looking IMHO.
I tried sandstone/netherbrick, but it didn't look nearly as good as I was expecting. I actually really like the look of cobble/netherbrick in Coterie, but I guess it's not so good in vanilla...

Not sure about quartz - it would have to be really awesome-looking to make it worth all the work collecting it. What block(s) did you have in mind to go with it?
In post 15739, Klazam wrote:I vote stome brick. Let me know if any help is needed to procure materials
Not sure if stone brick will look as good as cobble in Coterie (which most of us seem to be using now???), but either way I'd love some help cooking up all the netherbrick we'll need.
In post 15742, Rhinox wrote:Izak I really like that look to your tunnel with the nether brick and stone brick. I'd love to do my tunnels like that if I could, but I don't know if I can handle all that smelting... And it takes 4x the coal/charcoal to make nether brick as other smelted blocks. :(

Hardened clay isn't exactly easy to get either, but just wanted to throw it out as an option (if it is ghast-proof?) since it can be stained different colors.

And Tierce pointed out to me that mobs are supposed to be afraid of rails so the glass on top of the rails might not be needed? I haven't been able to confirm or deny on the internet anywhere yet, so I was just planning on throwing my rails down without the glass and seeing if I ever find any pigmen standing on them. Just need to ghast-proof my road first, don't want ghasts destroying any rails.

-----------------------

In unrelated news, I'm also building an obsidian generator that will convert redstone to obsidian. Some people may consider it cheating, but I don't since you still need to use resources to get the obby, and you still need diamond to mine the obby blocks (not to mention the devs left the 'bug' in as a feature for many updates now). I'll let you guys know when its ready and where it is. I was gonna build it in my village but I might build it near spawn so more people have convenient access.
Yeah, I wouldn't even consider clay unless someone found a Mesa biome and was ok with me mining in it.

As for the rails thing, mobs ARE afraid of rails and will try to avoid standing on them, but they can still shove each other on, or even spawn on them. So it's better to just make sure there's no spawnable spaces at all on your railway

I'm generally of the opinion that so long as you follow and official server rules, there's no such thing as cheating in Minecraft. Obby generators have been around so long it would be ridiculous to criticise using them.
In post 15743, My Milked Eek wrote:A nether railway station?
Aren't we going to build one in the overworld? I love riding through the scenery :)
I find it gets tedious once you've taken your first few rides - a nether railway gives much more long-term value, IMO.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15752 (isolation #1933) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:19 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, just tried it and stone bricks look much better than I expected. Any help acquiring and/or smelting a decent amount of stone and nether brick would be great.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15764 (isolation #1934) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So here's my mock-up of what the hub could look like. Obviously the real thing would have gateways all the way round, and some way to restock the minecart deployment stations - need to work on that one. The ladders in the middle will go to a communal workshop area, with an enderchest and enchanting stuff and furnaces and (when we get an enderfarm going later) a machine that spits out free stacks of ender pearls.

Spoiler:
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15766 (isolation #1935) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:25 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

(and if we ever needed more than 12 railways, we can replace the workshop with another layer of gateways and move the workshop down a level)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15770 (isolation #1936) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

:]

Going to be at least a few days before I have the resources to build it though - has anyone called dibs on that spawner Tierce found yet? Because if not I had a nice idea for a mob farm I'd like to try out.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15772 (isolation #1937) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:59 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

note to future self: stand with head directly below bedrock roof, dig 12 blocks downward, build portal at foot level
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15774 (isolation #1938) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

...why 15?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15778 (isolation #1939) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:22 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Last time I checked the y-coord makes no difference at all. But then, the portal code was significantly overhauled for 1.7, so that may have changed.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15824 (isolation #1940) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:22 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't remember the coords for my place, but if you follow the nether road towards Osota'a ocean home it's the portal at the end of the cobblestone tunnel thing.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15840 (isolation #1941) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:42 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Also, I'm pretty sure the water setup you're using is limiting the efficiency.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15889 (isolation #1942) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:37 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ooooh, witch farm! Yes please!

....just got to light up everything within 150 blocks of it first...

Return to “The Arcade”