Yet Another Dance of the Title Fairy: Change Up

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #283 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I definitely would not describe crypto's presence/personality/posting style on this forum as being a stranger, but I might be in a minority in that.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1135 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I agree with both of the previous 2 posts. "Untitled Fairy" is basically a non-title title with a lame pun. Buttons deserves better.

Hardass(e)(s) fits him much better. I'm not a fan of Hardasss because it looks terrible. Hardasses at this point would reference the running joke that a TBM title should be plural as much as it would reference his name being plural and as old as the plural joke is, it still makes me laugh a bit when done well. If I'm alone in thinking that, then Hardass is still much better than Untitled Fairy.

--all of this subject to Buttons liking one of these titles and an admin making it happen, of course
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1487 (isolation #2) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:51 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I agree with quadz
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1526 (isolation #3) » Thu May 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 1523, killerjester wrote:Nominate Tazaro for
Ridiculously Photogenic
2nd

At first I thought it was too straightforward, but I thought about it a bit and I think that's part of the appeal of it. I suspect there's something better out there in the same line of thinking, but if not, this seems good for Tazaro.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1544 (isolation #4) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:33 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I don't know if Tazaro is a harmless and successful troll or if he's
an attention whore with facial paralysis
serious with his FWAN posts, but either way, I find the whole Tazaro-posting-identical-looking-pictures-once-a-week thing funny and I think a lot of other people do too. Plus, it's kind of his defining thing. Sounds to me like the kind of thing people get titles for.

Am I the only one who finds it weird that the guy with the title "95.7% Noise" thinks we shouldn't give a title for something he thinks is negative behavior?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1547 (isolation #5) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:41 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@Ani
Are you against the title on the grounds that this particular feature of Tazaro is negative or on the grounds that this title isn't fitting/funny/memorable/etc?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1552 (isolation #6) » Fri May 31, 2013 7:36 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 1550, animorpherv1 wrote:Neither - that title is applicable in so many ways to so many different people that I don't think it's worth it. Many people post in FWAN, he's just the first person most think about, because of the amount of pictures that makes people want to title him.
Name one other user you think the photogenic titles would fit on. I can't think of a single other user I would identify anywhere near as strongly with the FWAN thread. And Duckface is definitely something that applies specifically to Tazaro, so your objection doesn't even apply to that one.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1555 (isolation #7) » Fri May 31, 2013 8:02 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Titles under TBMfairy have ignored the "does this user deserve a title?" question.
Uberninja
got a title for crying out loud. Uberninja, the guy who eventually got himself
permabanned

Does the title define Tazaro or highlight something interesting/memorable about him? Is the title something unique to him? Does it sound good?

If the answer to the previous questions is "yes", it works as a title.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1557 (isolation #8) » Fri May 31, 2013 8:33 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Ani, name one other user that is associated anywhere near as much with the FWAN thread as Tazaro is.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1602 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:18 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Funny concept, but not good for a title imo.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1608 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:01 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

^
2ND
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2092 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Nominate Majiffy for
Talks Like A Duck
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2250 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:57 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The hammer incident is pretty unique. One-line posting applies to A LOT of people and isn't something I would associate more with him than with other one-line posters.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2257 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:29 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 2254, chkflip wrote:Is this a multi-game occurrence? I feel like a title should be something someone is widely known for
Like these?

When's the last time you saw someone get caught trying to quickhammer because of a ninja unvote? It probably hasn't happened since preview edits were introduced. It's unique, it's interesting.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2330 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Ewwwrtist

No, not really
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2579 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

By nominating fferyllt for "hi guys", you are suggesting that her most noteworthy attribute is use of a common phrase in contexts in which that phrase is normally used. This title nom is terrible.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2614 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I don't know if alt slipping is actually a notable mollie-ism or not (or if it's something unique to her/a very small group of players), but it's already the basis of Faraday's title. I feel like this would be cheapening both of their titles.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2624 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:09 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I will be very sad if that title goes through after this didn't.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2639 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 2637, mastin2 wrote: Either stop suggesting titles for me, or suggest titles which are actually good and not cheap five-minutes-of-laugh ones.
You already declined the perfect title for yourself. Of course the rest of them suck.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2657 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:25 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 2655, Varsoon wrote:Writing words doesn't define Mastin.
Writing words is EXACTLY what defines mastin. Questionable mafia theory and ego-stroking AMA threads are what he WANTS to be defined by. Presenting his ideas thoroughly and coherently is something that I can't imagine anyone but you defines him by because his posts are just a fuckton of useless words.

Basically, I agree with Psyche.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2659 (isolation #20) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:35 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

2nd
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2661 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:01 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay, so in the interest of posting something a bit more useful on this topic...

Notice the responses to this. Yeah, it's from 2 years ago. I just happened to remember enough of the contents of one of the responses to quickly find this thread. mastin posts ton of words --> 2/3 of people don't think it's worth reading and other 1/3 find it mostly insignificant --> mastin posts another massive wall a week later (seriously, around the time that thread was made, he was posting walls like that routinely). The fact that anyone thinks mastin is some sort of mafia theory guru is entirely a recent phenomenon fueled by players who, quite frankly, don't know any better.

Let's look at a more recent thread. Welcome to the Mastin Academy, where humble MD goers can pose questions of the mighty mastin himself! Man, what an amazing opportunity! How often does a GOD open a thread on your favorite forum where you can ask him questions?? And yet who asked him questions? No one with a join date before December 2012 asked him a serious question (I'm excluding Espeonage because Espeonage is special and when you've seen enough of him, you will 100% agree with me on that. I am completely serious.). There are a lot of players I would ask for mafia advice from if they were to open a thread like that and I can't imagine I'm the only person from pre-2013 who would. Why did none of them ask him anything serious?

tl;dr:
mastin's legacy is posting a lot of words (and, more recently, his ego).
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2667 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:21 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

That title is just a much inferior version of the wordiness titles. It makes it sound like mastin either likes writing in Latin or that he likes writing about philosophy and doesn't capture the verbose aspect of it, which is really the important part.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2699 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 2696, quadz08 wrote:Buttons literally
just gave mastin a title

can we please stop talking about him now
He gave mastin the title "Mafia Scum"?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2733 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Umbrage's explanation was that Tamuz will argue
anything
, not that he debates a lot. I think it's likely Umbrage's suggestion was intended to be a bit insulting, although there is certainly at least some truth to the idea that Tamuz argues a lot with people on-site.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2736 (isolation #25) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 2734, xtopherusD wrote:*stuff*
Is there some title I can nom you for that highlights your habit of arguing something tangential to the actual discussion instead of participating in it in a useful way?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2744 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:10 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 2743, Remembrance wrote:it's not a good idea to reward players for rule breaking
Yep.

From what you've described, it's a weak suggestion anyway.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2747 (isolation #27) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

This title is just wrong.

Also, I'll just leave this here.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2759 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

You're suggesting a title that encourages MafiaSSK to lurk in order to live up to his reputation. Don't use titles to recognize bad behavior. The fact that it's been done before (I don't know the context behind Varsoon's title, so I'm just taking your word for it) doesn't make it better.

Also, a ton of players lurk a lot and it's not at all special that he does.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2766 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:25 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Oversoul, I think the reason you think MafiaSSK should get a title for his lurking is because you are mistaking "title" with "policy lynch." In fact, if we're looking to give him a title for his lurking, we should make it something useful:

Nominate MafiaSSK for I intentionally lurk every game and I am proud of it. Please policy lynch me day 1 until I change this behavior.

That would be a great title for him, assuming players in his games are willing to take it seriously.

But no, really, your insistence that lurking is a good basis for a title is mindboggling.
In post 2765, Oversoul wrote:Lurking is a viable strategy as a player, I don't see why it is bad behavior at all.
I guess my main point is that one person lurking does not make a game unplayable.
I really hope you're not serious.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2768 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:00 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 2767, Oversoul wrote:I'm suggesting a title based on a negative characteristic of MafiaSSK's playstyle that applies to a lot of players on site.

And I am serious. Do you think I am trolling?
What does one lurker in a game do to the game? Someone investigates him? Someone shoots him? Like a normal part of the game?
What do two lurkers do to the game? You policy lynch one and investigate the other? Someone shoots one of them? Like a normal part of the game?
What do six lurkers do to the game? The entire town grows apathetic when half the playerlist ceases to do anything of use? No one has fun? Like a normal part of the game?
What do ten lurkers do to the game? Well...never mind I guess there isn't much of a game anymore when you have everyone lurking... (Like a normal part of the game?)

I can think of many recent games in which the presence of a lurker improved my experience.

Lurking is harmful as town and thus a viable town strategy. You can say purposefully making your town and scum games match is against playing to your win condition and you would be correct if you did say so. I really hope no one does that because it ruins games and should not be rewarded with a title. I can't imagine why people are so against this. MafiaSSK plays in an intentionally anti-win con manner and is proud of it and that sounds to me like it's exactly what a title is about. Let's give it to him~
There, I fixed your post for you.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2771 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:41 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Do I see how it can occasionally be a legitimate strategy? Sure.
Do I see how it can be a good strategy as a playstyle thing? No.

Go sleep.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2779 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

That's still just a title for lurking. Even if we ignore the "titling for bad behavior" issue, "has been prodded" means nothing beyond "this guy lurks", which isn't interesting or unique.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2782 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 2785, Kazekirimaru wrote:It's my understanding that people get titles around here based on their playstyle/what they're memorable for/a key part of their personality/etc. Does a title alluding to MafiaSSK's lurk tactics fit these criteria or no?
A title is supposed to be something special/unique/memorable about the person. A title for lurking could equally-well apply to a lot of people, so it's a bad title.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2790 (isolation #34) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Yeah, if we're considering giving Tans a title, it shouldn't be for the creepiness drama that spawns around him every once in a while. The video game Santa angle would be good if someone can find a non-forced title to make out of it.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2873 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:58 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

2nd Bulletproof Thingamajig
because that sounds amazing as a title
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2888 (isolation #36) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:14 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The concept behind the title seems fine, but the title itself sounds really meh imo. I don't have a better suggestion in mind, but surely someone ~witty~ can come up with something better than that.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2919 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 2918, Kazekirimaru wrote:Nominate Kcdaspot for
Mafia Scum
2nd
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2950 (isolation #38) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 2949, Psyche wrote:
In post 2947, Tony PF wrote:
In post 2912, Tony PF wrote:
In post 2900, AngryPidgeon wrote:Not sure how I feel about this, but I wanted to nom Jake for something (cause I got rolled by his scumgame just recently :P)

Mafia Insurance Salesman

because it sounds slightly sleazy and sort of gives a nod to his scumgame which I think is good. And it goes with his UN.

Open to counter proposals :P
2nd this. Totally awesome.
Anyone care to take a look at this now that Mollie's is done?
meh

Return to “Player Titles”