NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2975 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by Rena »

Having been awake for 56 hours (nothing happened of interest unless you count getting a puppy and passing my karate grading, I conclude that sleep deprivation is boring) you guys aren't my priority. I'll do posts and stuff when I wake up.

I've been watching the OmDes hydra, though, they seem protown to me.

Kublai makes my gut scum-o-metre tingle though. Not enough to go reaction hunting but enough to make me slightly uneasy.

The wagon on me is probably scum driven.

Spoiler: <<< This late mod-edited votecount sure as hell better be useful >>>
Haylen - 4 (Cephrir, Om the Destroyer, Nero Cain, Thor665)
Nachomamma8 - 1 (Bacde)
Desperado - 1 (ArcAngel9)
Thor665 - 1 (Slandaar)
Cephrir - 1 (CrashTextDummie)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.
Last edited by mastin2 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

list of shared reads. Mala's idea, not mine

Town

ffullisade (fferylit+pirate mollie) - town
Slandaar
Bulbazak
CrashTextDummie

Lean-town

ArcAngel9 [1] - Null-town
Om the Destroyer (Human Destroyer+Om of the Nom) - leaning town
ThAdmiral
Bacde
Nachomamma8
PeregrineV
thezmon221

null

Thor665
Desperado
penguin_alien
Haylen (Mala thinks Fuzzy is scum, I think haylen is town)
EddieFenix

lean-scum

Kublai Khan
Seanald

Scum

Nero Cain
Cephir

~Mara

Pedit: Haylen <3
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 2974, Bulbazak wrote:Need more than that, Mollie.
he is going after sealderina

I read it again and there are really great points in there but

the curve of his thought process does not line up with a right angle for me

and I can't really explain it

also "dodging thor"

majiffy was telling me to leave him alone. so I was ignoring him/putting him off cos he was not in our crosshairs.

then he gorilla fisted into mine

that's the story
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:59 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

v/LA until monday folks!!!

<<< Noted. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:07 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2977, ffullisade wrote:also "dodging thor"

majiffy was telling me to leave him alone. so I was ignoring him/putting him off cos he was not in our crosshairs.

then he gorilla fisted into mine

that's the story
No, "the story" was that you intentionally didn't respond to me because word wars with scumThor = doomz!
Then you acted confused that I had issue with you not answering things because "you think you answered everything I asked"
Y'know, even though it was your strategy to deal with me by *not* answering everything I asked.

Honestly, who knows what the story is now.
But you are right about one thing.
It is all a story.

Bulbazak has noticed now.
Soon others will too.
Then ropey neck hug time.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

And, with the V/LA, I do realize I haven't weighed in much on the Arc Angel question.
I have, frankly, found a decent pile of the posts to feel townish to me, while being mixed with a lot of useless. If anyone here is an SK faking being a vig, I support shooting her in the face.
I don't support a lynch of her though.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Slandaar »

Thor I get the feeling you are trying to dodge me.

Why do you think I am scum?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2981, Slandaar wrote:Thor I get the feeling you are trying to dodge me.
I get the feeling there's actually nothing to dodge.
And you can remove the 'I get the feeling' and also have the reality of the situation explained int hat sentence.
But, please, tell me what I'm avoiding.
In post 2981, Slandaar wrote:Why do you think I am scum?
As already mentioned, gut.
If I had to put it into words, it was your awkward way of attacking Bulb for his reasoning behind attacking Ceph who you also thought was scum when his reasoning, at worst, is a rather shockingly common scumtell lots of people use (and it always looks weak as sin regardless). Even moreso, you attacked him over it when his ending conclusion was 'null tell'. I mean, seriously - you attacked a null tell and complained that his read on the slot was unclear and muddled.

Yeah...shock.

Then, toss in your underpresence combined with the slow and not impressive push on me for rather awkward reasons and I continue to hold the scum feel.

Vote Ffullisade now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Slandaar - and even if you don't want to vote that slot, then at least address my case on it.
I would love to see that.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:21 am

Post by ffullisade »

hi Thor,

I read through the rather painful combined ISO of you and B&B last night. I came away from it with two takeaways: bleeding eyes, and a distinct impression that most of your and Mollie's disputes were crap. And I saw that you tried to do something similar with Majiffy to the effect that he was somehow responsible for answering for the arguments (and lack of arguments) that you were having with Mollie.

Knowing our alignment and knowing that Mollie and I frequently remember very different things about games we played in the past and accuse each other of lying over it, I don't find your reactions in those matters to be scummy.

Mollie does find you scummy, but she knows your game. I do not.

I didn't come away from your ISO with a good grasp of your reads. Before day 2 started, I read the first 15 pages worth of the game. RR's early posts looked like what I've seen of his scum game, and I assigned you some towncred on the basis of your reactions to his posts. So, I think I'll want to put some weight on your reads once I understand them, despite knowing that in at least the ffullisade case you're wrong.

- fferyllt
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

:neutral:

1. You're a hydra with her, like Majiffy before you. You *are* accountable for what she says and does just as she is. I am not playing with two slots, I am playing with two players in one slot. If one of you drops a scumtell and one of you drops a towntell then I don't have two different reads, I have one combined read. I vastly don't understand either your or Majiffy's desperate desire to distance from your ruddy other hydra head.

2. I know my reactions aren't scummy, unless it's scummy to point out lies and say 'oi!' nowadays. I'm pretty sure it isn't.

3. She finds me scummy for 'knowing my game' and calling things I'm doing scummy...as long as she squints and turns her head sideways to justify how she hasn't seen me doing the exact things she's calling scummy when I'm town. Which, y'know, is kind of a big deal that she's doing that.

4. Okay...you lack a grasp of my reads after reading my iso...which includes one of those gawdawful read walls, which, y;know, presents my reads. And, yeah, brilliant to have spotted that I'm not likely scum with Red, this has already been discussed in thread with most people taking the 'oh gawds! Paranoia of Thor!!!' approach. That said, I'm intrigued that you clearly have as a basis me being slightly correct on Red, but not pushing it hard, and me being damnably wrong on you, and pushing it hyper hard, and then taking those two thoughts and going 'want to pay attention to this guy's reads, they need weight!' I look forward to that thought being expanded upon.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2947, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2884, Amethyst Kitty wrote:I'd like to know what pushes look Genuine because I havn't really paid attention to KK and I think he looked pretty bad towards the end of the day yesterday
Why?
Amethyst also sidled away from this question.
I know now you're thinking the slot looks townish, or at least less scummish, but I still want this answered.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:40 am

Post by ffullisade »

1. accountable does not mean able to answer for, which is what you asked me to do, and I thought you asked Majiffy to as well, but god that iso I don't want to look for the posts again

2. I'm not seeing stuff I recognize as lies. But, I am remembering some heated cross-accusations over very different recollections of what happened in some games.

3. Heh. welcome to my world.

4. You've misunderstood. Your posts looked like town reaction to me. Not faction reaction. Now I have to figure out if that should change. I hate changing reads based on early thread interactions because I trust them. But, I wasn't in the thread to interact at that point and that lack can't be remediated. What I can bring to the table at this point is fresh eyes. Though fresh eyes don't stay fresh for long in a 100+ page day 1 read.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2848, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Fuzzy isn't dumb scum
When have you played with him?
In post 2932, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 2899, Seanald wrote:ok so Red kills syr, but why does his team let him? not like Syr was a major player capable of forming a lynch on ryu to go through, and again Ryu was a pretty good bussing option, so why try and eliminate people who scum read him?
I don't know about syr. I mean there is probably a vig in this game, and while I don't think they killed syr it could have been a random vig or third party kill or something.
I
HIGHLY
doubt that as Ryu flipped a specific faction. So unless Mastin is trolling us, it points heavily at two scum teams. And unless the red kill was stopped the RYU was shot by red.
In post 2940, ffullisade wrote:but nero asking me about khan out of the blue like that was weird. and his crappy excuse as to why he asked was even scummier. if nero flips scum khan is likely his teammate
It was Thor btw. I swear there's a post by Thor that says there's "likely an SK" and you were sk hunting me. Can you see how I might find that strange? (don't worry its rhetorical)
In post 2962, Kublai Khan wrote:Just to understand. There are three neighborhoods?

CrashTextDummie - Slandaar
ThAdmiral - ???
Desperado - ???
?????

I don't think Despo ever claimed or maybe I missed it.

kitty, why do both you and Mala agree on Nero/Cephir scum but you are voting neither?

I’d also love to hear why I’m a scum read.

<<< Deleted double-post. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:49 am

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 2968, Thor665 wrote:@Thez - I've seen it swing both ways, so I see no reason not to expect scum to be involved in the neighbor goulash at some level. Why, what are you suggesting we do with that info? I could probably randomly name any set of 6 players and probably end up with at least one scum amongst them - so I'm not sure where you're going with this.
I mean, we're getting into a breaking of the setup here, but it could be conceivable that we could end up using it for PoE later on in the game, to some sort of extent. If a pair of neighbors dies, and we're left with two sets, then maybe we can discern between the two? That would conceivably be a 50% chance of hitting scum right there. I wouldn't use it too much, but I would keep the information in the back of my mind when looking for associations of people.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2982, Thor665 wrote:As already mentioned, gut.
If I had to put it into words, it was your awkward way of attacking Bulb for his reasoning behind attacking Ceph who you also thought was scum when his reasoning, at worst, is a rather shockingly common scumtell lots of people use (and it always looks weak as sin regardless). Even moreso, you attacked him over it when his ending conclusion was 'null tell'. I mean, seriously - you attacked a null tell and complained that his read on the slot was unclear and muddled.
What are you even talking about?

Quotes are required here.

Lets all note however what Thor previously said;
In post 2955, Thor665 wrote: unless you're saying he was hunting other group scum poorly or something?

What point are you trying to make?
Which obviously can apply here; And yes Thor you can answer this.
In post 2982, Thor665 wrote: Then, toss in your underpresence combined with the slow and not impressive push on me for rather awkward reasons and I continue to hold the scum feel.
This is about average for me as town; you however ARE an underpresence. If my push was slow what is yours?

How is it you have no actual reasoning Thor? Doesn't seem like you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

ok, I see despo's calm now.

My vig kill on ffulisade also failed last night but my role isn't a killing role so that's prob why it didn't go through. :(

<<< Deleted double-post. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 am

Post by ffullisade »

You wanted us dead? I'm shattered, Nero, simply shattered. I don't know how I can carry on.

Though the main reason I didn't commit to reading the whole thread before daybreak was that I didn't want to put the effort in unless we survived the night.

- f
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2987, ffullisade wrote:1. accountable does not mean able to answer for, which is what you asked me to do, and I thought you asked Majiffy to as well, but god that iso I don't want to look for the posts again
That might be true if you were a replacement for her or I asked you to answer for Majify's actions.
You can still communicate with your hydra partner, last I checked.
In post 2990, thezmon221 wrote:I mean, we're getting into a breaking of the setup here, but it could be conceivable that we could end up using it for PoE later on in the game, to some sort of extent. If a pair of neighbors dies, and we're left with two sets, then maybe we can discern between the two? That would conceivably be a 50% chance of hitting scum right there. I wouldn't use it too much, but I would keep the information in the back of my mind when looking for associations of people.
Blah, blah, blah - sure, why not? Now that we all agree it's potentially useful *down the road* let's pay attention to the scenery outside the window at this point in the adventure.
I want to see you dig in, not dance around on distant theoreticals and act like you're digging.
In post 2991, Slandaar wrote:What are you even talking about?

Page 27.
Your post there.
That, y'know, I called scummy at the time.
In post 2991, Slandaar wrote:Which obviously can apply here; And yes Thor you can answer this.
How does this apply, and what question are you asking - I don't grok either.
In post 2991, Slandaar wrote:This is about average for me as town; you however ARE an underpresence. If my push was slow what is yours?
Your push is slow and bad.
My push on you is not fast, I'll agree...but then I'm pretty clearly focusing elsewhere, while you are clearly focused n me. So...I don't get what point you hope to make other than a really weak discredit attempt.
In post 2991, Slandaar wrote:How is it you have no actual reasoning Thor? Doesn't seem like you.
I do have reasoning.
On my primary push.
I understand that you are wetting yourself in terror that I'm aware you're scummy, but your desperate need to defend from a push that is barely even happening is, really, just a further reason in my head to hold to the read I have and to ignore your weak posting thus far.

Also - good job addressing the Ffullsilade case as asked. Thanks for that. I know you're 'average' for yourself, but I don't recall question dodging and shoddy scared sidestepping as 'average' for you.
Mah bad!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2995, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2991, Slandaar wrote:What are you even talking about?

Page 27.
Your post there.
That, y'know, I called scummy at the time.
I mean, where is this even coming from?

Sland: WHy U find me scumz!?!
Thor: Well, it would be when you attacked Bulb for his read on Ceph while you also thought Ceph was scum, and your attack was basically 'your nullish scum read is weak'.
Sland: Quotes needed!!!

Seriously? Like, you can't iso yourself for three seconds to find what is *blatantly* something that happened? Unless you think i made up a highly specific moment, but surely you recall suspecting Ceph, and I would like to think you are at least aware you dinged on Bulb at some stage, so...what, you need quotes because you think I'm lying? Clearly I'm not, so at that point what you're saying here is "I'm too lazy to ISO myself!!!" while acting like it's a rebuttal or something.

The heck?
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:09 am

Post by ffullisade »

In post 2995, Thor665 wrote:That might be true if you were a replacement for her or I asked you to answer for Majify's actions.
You can still communicate with your hydra partner, last I checked.
Yep. but I can't and won't arbitrate an argument over old games I didn't play and don't give a shit about. If you think that's scummy, then go ahead and get us lynched.

speaiking of giving a shit...you're the guy who hates f-bombs, right? I'll try to abstain.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

1. Working on it. But one would tend to suppose, that if you were town, and your partner was lying, tunneling, and playing - by your own apparent admission here - poorly, that you might want to...y'know, affect that in some positive manner. Especially since you seem to think I'm town and that my reason for attacking her makes sense, two points which she dramatically disagrees with.

2. I dislike all cursing insomuch as I think it's an incredibly fake way to add weight to words. Thus I replace all uses of it with 'Smurf' in order to highlight just how functional it is to the argument. I also just find it generally low-brow. At least when speaking it slips out innocently in people, but when typing people who *choose* to include it would be like people choosing to include all their pauses and uses of 'uh' and 'um' when typing. It's silly.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

1. Nope. I don't think she's lying.
And I don't see how you get that from what I've said
. As far as tunnelling, where? She has a scum read on you but I don't see her making shouty posts about how you need to eat rope now or anything. When she and I synch up today, my ISO impressions will be on the agenda.

2. Noted.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:34 am

Post by ffullisade »

In post 2999, fferyllt wrote:1. Nope. I don't think she's lying.
And I don't see how you get that from what I've said
. As far as tunnelling, where? She has a scum read on you but I don't see her making shouty posts about how you need to eat rope now or anything. When she and I synch up today, my ISO impressions will be on the agenda.

2. Noted.
oops.

- f
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:25 am

Post by ffullisade »

In post 2979, Thor665 wrote:No, "the story" was that you intentionally didn't respond to me because word wars with scumThor = doomz!
Then you acted confused that I had issue with you not answering things because "you think you answered everything I asked"
Y'know, even though it was your strategy to deal with me by *not* answering everything I asked.
I didn't dodge you. I said if I missed something you asked it was probably cos majiffy was telling me to leave you alone. I asked you to ask me again what you think I did not answer and I can't remember if you even responded. whatever it is, there have been plenty of opportunities to clear up any confusion but instead you are trolleytracking on me while simultaneously accusing me of doing the same.

where is your vote? not on us iirc and it wasn't on us yesterday either. so if we are such a strong scumread then why no vote? why are you sheeping cephrir over one of your top scumreads? <-----this does not add up

I mean are you saying that cephrir is conftown and that his judgment is better than your own? cos that is what your actions point to only I am looking at cephrir's post and there is nothing in there that could possibly make someone with a *town read :roll: * on cephrir sheep their vote when they had a stronger scumspect in sight.

the problem is, is that your read lacks conviction cos you have yet to back it up with action. and whether you realise it or not (and I am sure you do) you are treating us as town <---- your actions point to this. placing a silly vote and saying that you were sheeping while trolleytracking on us and slaandar, helps give you cover so that you don't have to dispense other reads. <----no trail. <----scum motivation.

and this is why I think you are scum thor. your posts point to scum motivation. town thor makes good sense and you are simply not adding up in this game.

and tbh I am embarrassed for any town who is actually reading you as town right now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”