NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Because clearly it was scummy of me to come in and set myself up to vote someone who *YOU'RE SAYING I'M NOT ALIGNED WITH* and then...wimping out of doing it because...I'm scum and don't want to follow through on the setup I just setup...because...yes...that's how I play scum...I set myself up to vote someone and then, when I realize I will have to vote someone I'm not scum with I get scared and don't want to do it, because scum Thor *hates* having to vote people he's not aligned with. That's his scum meta, don't'cha'know?
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 2771, Thor665 wrote:Aw, who am I kidding?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p4966508
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4985183
And also when I asked you why my reads were so terrible it needed generic mention with no explanation nor actual purpose behind saying it was terrible. I know it was just a generic attack to scream 'scum' but, y'know, you're supposed to fake making it look like legit scumhunting.

I wouldn't mind seeing, specifically, the hypocrisy question, the reads attack, and the refutation of my case via 'that's not what happened' all explained and answered as the most important questions of the lot.
But I'm sure you answered ALL of them already, so just. y'know, answer via quotes of your previous answers.
yeah neither of those posts interested me

/scumtell

it isn't dodging the questions it is me blatantly avoiding going 1 on 1 with you cos I can't. I am not interested in a discussion that will only end in futility on my end cos I can't out talk you. here is the thing: you know perfectly well that I don't always play logically I am more of a rhythm and gut player. I can grasp how people think and spot inconsistencies but whether or not their reasoning matches with how they normally think.

I know my strengths and I know my weaknesses and making good arguments is not always one of them. it is one of the reasons why I try to find town and work with town.

you are not making sense as in you are nitpicking arguments in a way that does not point to you actually trying to discern alignments and that is scum motivation not town motivation. if you are town then show me you are town motivation cos I am simply not seeing it. all you are doing is running around screaming that slaandy and I are scum which is pretty convenient cos we are the only ones fosing you.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ desperado: why don't you come to your senses.
Have you been out runnin' fences again?
:lol:
Don't ask me to provide self meta
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:31 pm

In post 2774, Thor665 wrote:Oh - explain my scum motivation in those instances then?
cos if it is multi-ball it might be a wave

if he is town then you would want to distance yourself from os cos you know his alignment. the desperado lynch reeks IMO and you are not even looking at it. did you look at his posts? I see town flail not scum flail show me where you see scum flail
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ desperado: on my phone right now so its hard for me to reply to you point by point but.

- your early cases were forced. One was on dlg and one on aa9. Really felt like you were stretching to find them scummy.
- you were arguing with bacde over one of his townreads. Maybe you had a point but I still fund that this sort of stuff is more likely to come from scum. Hence you were trying to shut down a townread.
- I explained why it was interesting. You were soft pushing a wagon you weren't on, essentially keeping your options open and furthering the cause of multiple (assumedly) town wagons.
- you said people had no case on you multiple times. Hard for me to link now but ill do it later.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Check out, for example, 2111.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:40 pm

In post 2775, Thor665 wrote:Because clearly it was scummy of me to come in and set myself up to vote someone who *YOU'RE SAYING I'M NOT ALIGNED WITH* and then...wimping out of doing it because...I'm scum and don't want to follow through on the setup I just setup...because...yes...that's how I play scum...I set myself up to vote someone and then, when I realize I will have to vote someone I'm not scum with I get scared and don't want to do it, because scum Thor *hates* having to vote people he's not aligned with. That's his scum meta, don't'cha'know?
lol

wat

I mean you are like a little crab and attacking my points so sideways it is not funny

you didn't set up either of the lynches that you placed your votes on so I really have no idea what you are even talking about here
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2776, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:it isn't dodging the questions it is me blatantly avoiding going 1 on 1 with you cos I can't. I am not interested in a discussion that will only end in futility on my end cos I can't out talk you. here is the thing: you know perfectly well that I don't always play logically I am more of a rhythm and gut player. I can grasp how people think and spot inconsistencies but whether or not their reasoning matches with how they normally think.
So...when you said I was hypocritical, and I said 'no I wasn't' you didn't want to point out my hypocrisy because I would be able to out talk you and you're not really logical.
...isn't that just admitting...that, basically, you lied about there being hypocrisy from me?
Also, when you say that 'isn't how something happened' and I say 'how did it happen?' you don't answer, again, not because facts were twisted by me, but because you fear the word war with me.
Again, this should be a *factual* thing on your side, so it's not about a word war, it's about pointing out what happened.
And you don't want to do that...
And you think I'm *nitpicking* when I catch you saying stuff that can't be supported and calling you on it.
And your defense from me calling you on your lies is not to defend your lies because *I'm* so darn clever with words.
:neutral:
Are you serious here?
Like, you can't point out the hypocrisy I did because...I will...what, talk the universe into not noticing it's hypocrisy?

Bullsmurf.
You're scum.
In post 2776, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:if you are town then show me you are town motivation cos I am simply not seeing it. all you are doing is running around screaming that slaandy and I are scum which is pretty convenient cos we are the only ones fosing you.
Point to either of you FoSing me *before* I called you scum.
That would amuse me.
I don't think it happened in either case.
Or...wait, will this question bore you because I can out-talk reality?
In post 2778, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:cos if it is multi-ball it might be a wave

if he is town then you would want to distance yourself from os cos you know his alignment. the desperado lynch reeks IMO and you are not even looking at it. did you look at his posts? I see town flail not scum flail show me where you see scum flail
A wave?

And...distancing...and I will choose to set myself up to vote someone, and then distance from it when i realize I set myself up to vote town...
Could you explain that one a bit more, why set myself up for the vote and then decide not to do it when i realize *gasp* I'll vote town!?!

Also, I don't really give a fig about the Desperado 'case' I don't have one and am mostly bandwagoning for lulz and because I think it's the best counterwagon. He gut pinged for me a bit with his Nacho push, and that's decent enough for me considering my read on OS.
Where do you see town flail specifically? I didn't even notice flail, personally.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Also, it just occured to me - you literally just admitted to not answering my questions *as a strategy to deal with ScumThor*
When LITERALLY MOMENTS AGO you claimed you'd answered everything from me and acted bewildered that I thought you hadn't.

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Thor, why are you spamming this game trying to get a slot lynched that clearly isn't going to happen today?

Go make yourself useful and work out some other reads.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:40 pm

You're not even voting us?! What the fuck are you doing, Thor? Seriously.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:55 pm

In post 2782, Thor665 wrote:So...when you said I was hypocritical, and I said 'no I wasn't' you didn't want to point out my hypocrisy because I would be able to out talk you and you're not really logical.
I think I did point it out. that wasn't one of the questions that you are accusing me of dodging.
...isn't that just admitting...that, basically, you lied about there being hypocrisy from me?
no
Also, when you say that 'isn't how something happened' and I say 'how did it happen?' you don't answer, again, not because facts were twisted by me, but because you fear the word war with me.
I did not want to get into a word war or wot war with you. it isn't about "fear" it is about not wanting to engage with you in that way when where nitpicking and semantics are fruitless. this is an example of you assigning a feeling that I have where it doesn't belong. if you removed the feeling of "fear" (which you are assigning) where is the scum motivation in that?
Again, this should be a *factual* thing on your side, so it's not about a word war, it's about pointing out what happened.
And you don't want to do that...
And you think I'm *nitpicking* when I catch you saying stuff that can't be supported and calling you on it.
And your defense from me calling you on your lies is not to defend your lies because *I'm* so darn clever with words.
Are you serious here?
Like, you can't point out the hypocrisy I did because...I will...what, talk the universe into not noticing it's hypocrisy?
I haven't "lied". you have yet to point to an actual "lie"
Bullsmurf.
You're scum.
nope. but I seem to be what scum often thinks as an easy target
Point to either of you FoSing me *before* I called you scum.
That would amuse me.
I don't think it happened in either case.
Or...wait, will this question bore you because I can out-talk reality?
I will go look for the post cos I am pretty sure I fosed you first cos oh hai I am paying attention to the game but yes you can out-talk people out of reality I have seen you do it.
A wave?
yes
And...distancing...and I will choose to set myself up to vote someone, and then distance from it when i realize I set myself up to vote town...
Could you explain that one a bit more, why set myself up for the vote and then decide not to do it when i realize *gasp* I'll vote town!?!
still not knowing what you are talking about here cos you are the one who is using the argument that you set yourself up. I didn't say that you did
Also, I don't really give a fig about the Desperado 'case' I don't have one and am mostly bandwagoning for lulz and because I think it's the best counterwagon. He gut pinged for me a bit with his Nacho push, and that's decent enough for me considering my read on OS.
Where do you see town flail specifically? I didn't even notice flail, personally.
how about you iso him thor. do your own work. cos you have stated in this game that you are not even paying attention
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2783, Thor665 wrote:Also, it just occured to me - you literally just admitted to not answering my questions *as a strategy to deal with ScumThor*
When LITERALLY MOMENTS AGO you claimed you'd answered everything from me and acted bewildered that I thought you hadn't.

I am interested in seeing a rebuttal to this because I don't think there is one.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 5:03 pm

In post 603, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 599, Thor665 wrote:I'm back on page 12 and will continue to kind of suck for a while yet as long as posting continues at this pace.
Sorry, but my current work situation is really only allowing me 1-3 pages a night, tops, and at the moment you're all posting faster than that.
I will have time to catch up on the weekends and active participate then, until that point you'll get messages sent into the future from me.

I'm currently back in the OS push and massclaim discussion.
I feel like I'm in a game with Pie again.

I'd be fine with massclaim (though I suspect that discusiion has probably died long ago as invariably the suggestion is talked about at length and then never followed through on.)
I'm...okay with the OS push, will be curious to see where it goes (if anywhere). I certainly agree his claim is totally derpy and skeevy. I'm not sure that I buy it as a scum strategy though, and frankly lean town on him for it and dislike the current push insomuch as I think it's scum driven (I like it insomuch as it's a decent sized push)
I'd still kinda like to run up Red Ryu and am in favor of whoever it was that was pushing on him (Nacho or Om, I forget...though frankly I'm content to buddy both at the current moment.)
I could buy the B&B = scum case as they don't look shingingly town to me...but the current case seems to be based around buddying me and;
1. Doesn't everyone ;)
and, more importantly
2. B&B is comprised of two players who most assuredly would tend to do that to me regardless of alignment...so...?

I consider it 'meh'.

That's about all that seems to be worth discussing thus far.
Normally I'd slap out a vote for lulz, but I'm too lazy to look up the vote count and on the off chance a flash wagon formed I don't want to push it too far without knowing that I am.
Tomorrow I'll read a few more pages.
there was a vc on this page

too lazy to scroll up?

I am only not pouncing on you cos of majiffy
this is where you first showed up on my scumdar. and I pushed you after this to get a stronger read and then you started fosing me shortly after
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2786, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
Bullsmurf.
You're scum.
nope. but I seem to be what scum often thinks as an easy target
:facepalm: Seriously?! How are you an easy target?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 5:10 pm

In post 2787, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2783, Thor665 wrote:Also, it just occured to me - you literally just admitted to not answering my questions *as a strategy to deal with ScumThor*

I am interested in seeing a rebuttal to this because I don't think there is one.
I thought I had answered everything. and then I went back to make sure and realised I hadn't. and then I remembered why I didn't answer those questions in the first place cos I knew where it would lead. at least I think I had the same thought cos when I read those posts it looked like scumthor nitpicking and not townthor trying to discern alignment.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 5:41 pm

what does your scum list look like thor?
Red Ryu
Red Ryu
Goon
Red Ryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by Red Ryu »

1 day left, Still would prefer Desp over OS, and Nacho before both.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Your issues are this one thing I did long after you started calling me scum?

I see.
In post 2758, Thor665 wrote:Who are the strong scum reads amongst your list?
You Bulba Ceph are the main 3.
In post 2758, Thor665 wrote: Because you're calling what I did absurdly scummy - and coming along with it.
So...what is your opinion of their votes and reasoning.
What does this matter? I had to vote one of the wagons so I looked at both of the individuals in question and picked who I think is the better lynch.

The question you SHOULD have asked is WHY did I choose Desp over Oversoul not this nonsense.
In post 2758, Thor665 wrote: Also, it's blatantly obvious they're not all scum just by that vote count.
Just saying.
Oh yes! Blatantly obvious indeed!

Wait! perhaps it is multiball... thats strange, your analysis seems to forget this? Perhaps one is an SK... or your terrible point is just being outplayed because scum with any experience ignore these type of things.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2764, Thor665 wrote: Meanwhile Slandaar has issues with Nacho dodging my question, then calls me scummy for not pursuing it, then doesn't blink when you do it multiple times.
Nope. You have misrepresented me Thor.

The issue was that you appeared to forget to follow up on it which can clearly be seen by the way I questioned you the issue was NOT that Nacho ignored or as you call it dodged the question.

Although you did later say you didn't follow up on it as you found the answer yourself which is debatable, however, I can't prove you didn't. So, this is all kind of a moot point now.

I do wonder though; Why ask a question in the first place if you are just going to go and spend a fair length of time to find out the answer?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Thor is definitely scum

It should be obvious to everyone at this point.

I clearly showed Thor I had to choose between two wagons one had him (a scumread of mine) on it the other had three of my scumreads on. This means I had a choice; I clearly had to vote with at least one of my scumreads at this stage of the day; so I could vote with Thor or with my other scumreads; Why then does Thor think there is something wrong with my choice?

Why did Thor not ask how I chose which of the two to vote instead suggesting voting with him is scummy? He is not looking for my motivation for voting Desperado he is just trying to paint me in a bad light.

Thor IS scum.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Bacde »

the problem w/ this game is that nacho, thor, and nero are all scum and we have players like desp who are awesome scapegoats to the whole shenanigans

plus players like thezmon and eddiefenix are perfect sidelining scum who won't let any of the needed lynches through, and their play is making the actual unsure townies even more unsure and less willing to string up the obvious big name scum that are in this game
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 3:59 am

Post by mastin2 »

Hello, boys.
(And girls.)
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

*ahem*

Deeply sorry for being absent for four days, and arguably the four most important days of not only the day, but the game.

However, I think we can all agree (as I told AP)--four days of me away and recovering is better than two days of me having been there and dieing.

(Which, as it turns out, could have been an actual risk factor--had I not gone to the doctor, I could have gotten worse, and given that at the doctor I was already 102...well, it doesn't take much above that to boil the insides of a human being. Nasty stuff. :P)

Anyway, will get back into the official stuff once I sort through the mess which is my current inbox.

Remember, deadline's today, and only a few hours away.

(Again, massive apologies that I was taken out of commission as badly as I was.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 4:21 am

Post by mastin2 »

First order of business:
<<< Majiffy is being ejected from the game. >>>

If it was just a small-scale complaint, it would let it slide, but his conduct has been reported multiple times by multiple different users, and contributed already to some replacing out. (In addition to current threats of more players replacing out.) His presence has been needlessly inflammatory, despite a clear warning from me to (so to speak) play nice. He was given a chance to tone things down--and abused my absence to get away with inflammatory remarks which have no place in this game. A player causing multiple players to not want to play is not the kind of player I want to keep in my game.

pirate_mollie
may continue playing if she so chooses to. If not, then I will seek a replacement for the slot.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 4:26 am

Post by mastin2 »

Anyway, since my last post was on page 94, I've got a fair deal of power-reading to do, to see if there is any other issue in need of my attention.

Might as well hijack this post for single-mod iso:

-I edited a votecount into post 2380, on page 96.
-Post 2617, page 105, has an AP votecount.
-Post 2739, page 110, also has an AP votecount.

This is all we have done thusfar, and my apologies that there is not a votecount on every page nor a clear history of votes near the end of the day.

Edit:
Post 2400, page 97 has a mod-edited votecount.
Post 2425, page 98, has a mod-edited votecount.
Post 2450, page 99, has a mod-edited votecount.
Post 2550, page 103, has a mod-edited votecount.
Post 2575, page 104, has a mod-edited votecount.
Post 2700, page 109, has a mod-edited votecount.

There may be some minor editorial errors present (such as typos), but it's close enough. :P
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”