Micro 161: No-Newbie Newbie (over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:53 am

Post by RedCoyote »

hi

- RC
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:49 am

Post by RedCoyote »

MER 27 wrote:I also don’t know of a safer way for scum to enter a game than to just say “hi”.
Then why not vote me?

---
soat 29 wrote:I think I found a scum already. Not going to say who just yet cause I don't want the scumteam to attack me but just letting you know I'm onto you.
I take it by the fact that you didn't move your vote that I am the person you speak of?

---

² is posting ² many times.

VOTE: ²
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:11 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Rach 65 wrote:RC what kind of reasoning is that to put someone at L-2?
It's the truth, Rach. He's flooding the thread with silliness. He's overcompensating to make it look as though he has a strong presence. Sometimes two heads are better than one, but I do not need to see a Hydra posting something and then the second head confirming what the first head says. Less is more.

---
MER 71 wrote:This post I’m less sure of joke post/random vote or serious vote?
If you have to ask, it's probably serious.

---
Rach 77 wrote:Anyways yeah GM and RC sorry about that...
Uh, what? This is the only game we're in together.

---
soat 86 wrote:but your guilty conscious is noted...
I just wanted to know whether to respond to not. D:
soat 91 wrote:k
wat
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:12 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod
, how many of these lovely pictures do you have? I love these sort of jokes.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:57 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Do you think I am making a mountain out of a molehill, MRE? Or do you even think it's a molehill?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

tne, I explained it to MER.
MER 137 wrote:You seem to think that 2 has been active lurking that’s a legitimate reason for a vote especially considering you haven’t noted anything else that you have found to be suspicious.
Active lurking? I think you have me backwards, man. I think the opposite. I have noted something that soat said that has caused me pause. I am waiting to see how that develops. I do not have any questions for him at the moment.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (isolation #6) » Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

MER 157 wrote:How is that not the same as flooding the thread with silliness?
Look, I am not going to have a debate on terminology with you. Active lurking = posting very rarely (sort of like me, lol) with little content (hopefully not like me).

---
AS 165 wrote:Why do you make posts like this, your posts as a hydra
should
be seamless, why do you see a need to reinforce your views?
Thank you.
AS 165 wrote:Again? You've said that you two are talking together in chat. Why are you making posts explicitly for the purpose of looking town? Is that not something more likely for scum to do?
Thank you x2. I agree with both of these sentiments 100%.

² is working overtime to let us know he's town. I don't need him to tell me he's town. I don't need one head agreeing with the other head. That's just noise. That's cluttering the thread with junk.

---
² 177 wrote:^^ leave should be lead.
I don't know what this means. What leave? What should be lead? Should I only listen to -f and not -b?

Why are you making 9 posts in a row? Posts like 178 and 179 are absolute garbage posts that only exist to needlessly inflate your post count and reduce the overall readability of the thread.

Maybe you posting 10 times more than every other player fools tne and goodmorning, but it sure as hell doesn't fool me. Quality > quantity.

---
MER 212 wrote:Ok, now explain the vote and then explain why you had to be prompted to vote your scumspect.
I like this point.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (isolation #7) » Fri May 03, 2013 8:18 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 277, ² wrote:
In post 276, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:This post indicates otherwise, to bring up just one example (of many).
I never claimed every single one of my posts lives up to these criteria.
Why shouldn't they?

I can say that about each and every one of my posts, why can't you?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (isolation #8) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Fair point, MER. A bit harsh and technical, but fair.

That doesn't mean I am wrong about ², however.

I like you, AS, and Rach.
I am not particularly impressed with soat (very awkward, disjointed comments... seems a bit listless), ² (aforementioned reasons), tne (too dependant, allowing himself to be influenced by others).

ETL seems genuine enough, although I could see her as setting herself up to look like she's having difficulties deciding when she really isn't. goodmorning is the wild card in the group.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (isolation #9) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:43 am

Post by RedCoyote »

tne would be my kneejerk reaction.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (isolation #10) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 286, goodmorning wrote:I am relatively sure I know who the scums are but it's just a really hard gut read and a fuckton of associative tells and my brain is going NO NO YOU CAN'T MAKE A CASE SOLELY ON ASSOCIATIVE TELLS D1 NO FLIPS YOU BIG STUPID IDIOT STOP THAT STAY OBJECTIVE but my gut is going NO NO I WANT TO SAY IT AND I AM TOTALLY RIGHT, IT SHOULD BE REALLY OBVIOUS BUT THEN WHAT THINGY AND BLAH BLAH WALRUS
lawlz so randum ^_~;;;

Enlighten us. Have you played with some of these guys before? I am fairly sure I've never played with you.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #11) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Hey everyone,

I am starting a new job, and my old one is coming to a close. Unfortunately they are overlapping and my new job doesn't want to wait for my two weeks notice (and being the person I am, I do not like burning bridges with old employers). So, essentially, I am going to have some 16 hour days the next two weeks. This may lead to a decrease in my already relatively low activity levels.
In post 350, goodmorning wrote:Good. That's the point.
:?

UNVOTE: ²
VOTE: goodmorning
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #12) » Wed May 08, 2013 4:28 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Rach 366 wrote:RC you already are not posing much... hopefully we can get some content soon, though I do understand about the job issue :(
That's life. You've got worse problems than I do! All the best with that.

Feel free to ask me anything (RE: gamewise). I am keeping up with the game and will post my thoughts accordingly.

---
soat 372 wrote:its so fucking obvious you two are scum together I seriously just fucking lost all interest in this game.
I think this is an interesting point. Rach seemed townie to me, but I could connect the two.

---
tne 383 wrote:Well if it was not then my bad. But whatevs
Your vote feels like a bunch of "whatevs" to me. Seems like you're just letting it languish uselessly.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (isolation #13) » Thu May 09, 2013 8:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

My two cents?

Let's lynch someone between tne, goodmorning, and ².
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #14) » Fri May 10, 2013 3:43 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I love Mac's entrance. I think we're very much on the same wavelength (with the exception being her ² town-read that I do not get at all).

Still, townies can disagree, and I feel good enough about him to say that at this point in the game.

Reading Mac's catchup post really put what's happened so far into perspective for me.

UNVOTE: goodmorning
VOTE: thenewearth

Despite not really getting what I wanted from goodmorning, tne should be lynched today, I think. He's making a poor attempt at appearing aggressive against MER, and he's otherwise trying to blend into the crowd. Mac brought it back to my attention (post 204). It was a point that was touched on earlier by me, MER, and ETL, but I don't think it was followed through strongly enough. The fact that he's still trying to cling to his MER vote is silly. I don't know if he's just trying to be under the radar or what, but what townie has a genuine feeling of thinking someone is scum and then not voting them? Not using their vote productively at all? Likely he concocted those reads out of thin air and just filled in the blanks. His vote on MER could've just as easily been anyone else.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (isolation #15) » Sat May 11, 2013 4:54 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Raise your hand if you like the idea of a town bloc of ETL, RC, MER, and Mac.

Raises hand

tne, why haven't you moved your vote? How come you have been totally on the defense with no offense in the past 11 days (and no creditable offense in the entire game, imo)?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (isolation #16) » Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't agree with goodmorning whatsoever, but I like that she's at least attempting to figure this game out. Shows me that she's thinking. Her case may be convoluted, but it's pretty sincere.

I do hate how she cuts the legs out from under it at the end with the "pretty crap" remark though.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (isolation #17) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

So tne vs AS?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (isolation #18) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:21 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 459, ² wrote:I promise I'll post a maximum of one post per day if we lynch A_stone and he flips town.

- b
Bringing out he big guns, eh? This is tempting!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (isolation #19) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:29 am

Post by RedCoyote »

MER 469 wrote:I'm willing to compromise but truthfully I'd rather not. So yes.
Well, I was kind of addressing the game as a whole, MER, but yeah.

Spoiler:
I notice tne is still voting you...

AS 457 wrote:I was asking why you were still voting Mac when you were 100% on a MER/soat scumteam and MER had more support for a lynch than soat.
This is a solid point. AS has been saying things that make me think he's town. I'm not sure why he's such a popular vote-getter today, but I am generally not the type to defend someone particularly hard on D1. Personally, I think AS is town. If the majority disagrees with that, it's not the end of the world. I disagree though, and I wanted it noted.

fixed spoiler tag ~N
Last edited by N on Mon May 13, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (isolation #20) » Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 487, thenewearth wrote:I still feel for a MER lynch.

My second would have been SOAT/Mac
You not voting AS feels like a gambit. If you would've given me more meat here, I may have believed you, but this is a joke. You have nothing here. You think you'll convince me by standing strong, but you have to actually make it seem like you believe in it that strongly to throw caution to the wind. In D1 you're not going to try for AS? Nah, I don't buy it.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (isolation #21) » Sat May 18, 2013 5:00 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Who put forth the idea of Rach and ² being partners?

AS, why are you talking to a dead person? The reads to me like you were expecting that he couldn't make a second "bah" post, but he clearly just did... and you can't put the toothpaste back into the tube. This greatly concerns me. What was your motivation for trying to ascertain information from a dead tne?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (isolation #22) » Mon May 20, 2013 11:39 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yes, ², thanks.

I am a bit concerned with AS still. I don't really care for that answer. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I think AS was doing like how attorneys do when a judge sustains an objection? Then the judge tells the jury not to remember what was just said, but you can't really "unremember".

That being said, I am game for a goodmorning lynch at this point.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (isolation #23) » Tue May 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I probably look bad by not voting.

VOTE: A_Stone

I want others to acknowledge the point I made, because it totally has flipped my read of AS.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (isolation #24) » Wed May 22, 2013 10:04 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 580, Mac wrote:Why do you care if you look bad RC?
Touche. Very good catch on your part. I phrased that badly. To clarify what I meant, I see no reason why I shouldn't have been casting a vote already, and am embarrassed that I hadn't done so already. I hope that mistake on my part won't negatively influence my creditability because it was an oversight and not purposeful.

---
MER 581 wrote:but don’t really see any scum motivation for A_S talking to a dead TNE so I’m not sure why it changed your read on him so dramatically. Maybe I’m just missing your point.
Why not? It very much stuck out to me.

He specifically told tne "I saw you online though". He didn't say, for example, "tne says he's busy, but I saw him online". No, he addressed AS directly.

If he didn't expect him to respond, why did he ask him a direct question? Why did he address him directly?

If he did expect him to respond, what was the motivation behind disputing a dead man's stance (that he was busy)? I contend the motivation was that he thought he would get the last word in. As we saw in post 547 however, that wasn't tne's last word.
MER 581 wrote:RC do you think Mac, GM and A_S look bad for not voting yet today?
As a general rule, it's bad practice to not be voting. It's always player and situation dependent though. Mac is asking the better questions, so it doesn't look as bad in his case. I do not like it from any of them though.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (isolation #25) » Mon May 27, 2013 3:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Uh, I feel like this game has been kind of turned on its head. GIF, you mentioned you had a report? That's kind of a big deal at this point. I suspect you investigated goodmorning, yes? That's the only real suspect I have left here is why I am pressing for it now. If goodmorning is innocent, then I really need to read over the entire game again.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (isolation #26) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:02 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Don't give me that weak stuff, goodmorning. I think your game has primarily consisted of asking everyone else questions instead of providing serious analysis of your own creation.

I would not classify my play as underwhelming. Perhaps I have not been accurate in all my predictions, but I've at least given it an honest try. And I'm certainly not guilty of coming into the game on D3 bragging about calling one dead player correctly as town. I mean, what do you expect to get credit for in that? You know who else can brag about predicting alignments correctly? Scum. Because they know all the alignments. So it's certainly not beyond goodmorning to see a strong wagon forming on AS during D2 and position herself against it knowing that it will flip town.

Again, all this is potentially moot based on what GIF has to say, but my initial read coming into today is I have strong townreads on GIF and MER, a somewhat safe townread on ², and a scumread on you.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #27) » Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 670, goodmorning wrote:1. You don't think asking people questions is a good way to get information?
Not if you do not follow up on them, no. Here are a couple of examples for those interested:

Spoiler: goodmorning's dead end questions
goodmorning 87 wrote:Is this how soat normally plays? Am I alone in finding this interesting?
Never followed up on, despite the fact that Rach and ² respond directly to her.
goodmorning 232 wrote:Question for everyone: What is your read on Mr E?
Another flimsy, spineless question she throws out there. Instead of giving her opinion, she tests the waters to see if she can get any townies to go along with her. Oh, and Rach even responds directly to her. Guess what? She never brings this up again.
goodmorning 395 wrote:Is that a softclaim? How very interesting.
Trying to feel out whether ² is a PR or not. This question is pretty lame for a townie to be asking, frankly. It's generally not a good idea for townies to be talking about other people's softclaims. In any case, this question just hangs there.
goodmorning 397 wrote:What about RC do you like? I have him as a giant Null.
Here's another pointless question. She's trying to get ETL to explain a townread on me. This would be fine if she made any attempt whatsoever to follow up on it, but she just leaves it there. She never brings me up again until today when she feels forced to.

goodmorning 670 wrote:5. Credit? I'm not looking for credit, I'm bragging. It pleases me greatly when I find that I was right and everyone else was wrong. Nothing else to it.
Perhaps save the bragging for when you win the game? No one cares whether you predict an alignment right or not. You're not here to impress people. You're here to help win the game for your team. Just because you "called" someone's alignment doesn't make you any more or less townie.
goodmorning 670 wrote:6. Except that's not a prediction. You're right that it would be a good play for one Scum to contradict literally everyone else for towncred upon flip, but it would be a pretty piss-poor one (IMO) to subsequently rub the entire Town's wrongness in their faces.
In other words, "I wouldn't play this way as scum". WIFOM.
goodmorning 670 wrote:7. I've publicly positioned myself on the Stone = Town side of things since . That is the middleish part of D1. There is some slight implication here that you're not paying much attention to the game in-thread.
For someone that just claimed your AS prediction was only for bragging rights, you sure as heck are trying to milk all the town credit out of it you can. I don't care if you called him town in your first post, that's completely beside the point. The point is you made it well known that you we're oh-so-right about AS right before his lynch (and after). It is entirely possible for that to be a scumtactic.
goodmorning 670 wrote:8. How in the world did you come to find a strong Townread on Mr E of all people?
Oh, now I get to imply that you aren't paying attention to the game in-thread. I've had an MER townread almost from the word go. In fact, he's part of my fantastic four. I liked the way he didn't flinch against tne, I like how aggressive he was against me despite me giving love to him, and I like how perceptive he's been in this game. All of this I have chronicled.
goodmorning 671 wrote:Also forgot this: when do you intend to do that? If my innocence is proven by my lynch then we lose. Strange, eh?
Obviously my meaning was if GIF says he has an innocent report on you.

---
GIF 685 wrote:I jailed MER Night 1 and GM night 2.
Night one has significance because MER wasn't really feeling much pressure at the end of D1. I could theoretically see MER being the "less suspected" scum member and try to commit the kill for the team. This is a long way of saying that I think this gives MER credit. GIF's results also, in theory, give goodmorning some credit. However, I do not think goodmorning gets nearly as much credit for this report. The reason being? If goodmorning is part of a scumteam with any of the other living players, they have much less suspicion going into N2 than goodmorning does. goodmorning likely would not have been responsible for making the kill for the scumteam.

That all said, this makes me feel better about MER and doesn't really change my stance on goodmorning.

---

I am glad to face off against goodmorning. She thinks she can pick on me because I do not have as much activity as the other players. That's fine, a lot of scum try to take advantage of that. Anyone that has ever played with me will tell you that my activity levels are alignment neutral. I encourage anyone here to research this.

VOTE: goodmorning
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (isolation #28) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:36 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Close, but no cigar.

:twisted:
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (isolation #29) » Thu May 30, 2013 2:34 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I enjoyed playing with everyone here! Props go to my partner who was pretty darn solid throughout the entire game. I especially liked it when he went after tne on D1 and didn't let up. I kept myself pretty close to him for two reasons. One, because I sincerely thought I would've believed him had I been town. Two, it was an interesting strategy change to not spend much time bussing. I usually feel like I have to heap suspicion on my partner to keep a distance.

The game was well moderated, N. I look forward to more. gg all.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”