NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Red Ryu
Red Ryu
Goon
Red Ryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by Red Ryu »

Can we stop making gog damn counter wagons to the 2-3 people have a mass amount of votes on, this is what causes a no lynch.

idgaf about the eddie case right now because he's not Nacho, Desp, or OS.

We need 13 within 2 days, so stop with the bullshit counter wagons and go with something that is actually viable. /drunk

Not trying to be a dick but we need to actually get a lynch and not waster 108 pages and not even lynch.

Spoiler: <<< This extra effort better be worth it, since I'm going out of my way to give another late mod-edited-votecount
Oversoul - 9 (Desperado, Kublai Khan, Syryana, Nachomamma8, Cephrir, Bulbazak, thezmon221, PeregrineV, Nero Cain)

Nachomamma8 - 4 (Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Bacde, Oversoul)

Desperado - 4 (ArcAngel9, Thor665, Om the Destroyer, Red Rui)
Nero Cain - 1 (BeautyAndTheBeast)
Thor665 - 1 (Slandaar)
EddieFenix - 1 (Amethyst Kitty)

Not Voting - 4 (ThAdmiral, EddieFenix, penguin_alien, Haylen)

With
alive, it took
to lynch!
Oversoul was at L-4!
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why aren't you voting OS?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Bacde »

VOTE: nacho
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2699, Nachomamma8 wrote:But, taking this trip through your ISO reminded me that I'm unclear on a majority of your stances on players. Can I get your T-->S list?
I hate those and consider them dumb.
Here are just reads;

1. thezmon221 - null
2. CrashTextDummie [1] - townish leaning a touch null
3. Cephir - null leaning a touch scum
4. Nachomamma8 - townish
5. PeregrineV - Eh, I seem to recall DLG as being scummish - so, scummish.
6. Nero Cain - townish (very ish)
7. Bacde - null
8. EddieFenix - null
9. Bulbazak - town
11. Red Ryu - scummish
12. Syryana - null
13. Desperado - null
14. penguin_alien - null
15. Slandaar - scummy
16. Oversoul - townish
17. Seanald - scummy
18. ThAdmiral - town
19. Haylen - null
20. Kublai Khan - town
21. Amethyst Kitty (Malakittens+MS Marangal) - scummy
22. !BeautyAndTheBeast (Majiffy+pirate mollie) - scummy
23. Om the Destroyer (Human Destroyer+Om of the Nom) - town
24. ArcAngel9 [1] - town
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2704, Thor665 wrote:18. ThAdmiral - town
Hmmm?

Kerberos
Kerberos
Goon
Kerberos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by Kerberos »

In post 2698, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2694, Thor665 wrote::igmeou:
One day someone will explain to me what I do when I look town, and I will be amazed.
I like your push on B&B even though you're wrong, especially because you know Majiffy is in that hydra and you know you can get him on your side as scum to push where you want him to, but instead you're clashing with mollie like you always do. I like the way you handled the wagon on me; you picked up on the reasoning that actually was good reasoning, did research of your own, decided to dismiss it and go through the chore of arguing with Sland's stubborn ass. You didn't have to do that, and you could've easily took advantage of my vulnerability and cut me apart and you'd know I'd be hesitant in calling you scum after shit play in Mafiableh. I liked the progression of your townread on me; the hop onto Desp wagon was a little bit lazy, but follows with this being a slow game and you playing perpetual catchup. I like your perpetual catchup because it's honestly not a good position for you to take as scum; you'd want a larger hand in directing the lynches, especially if you were gonna white knight me. You haven't done the things necessary to take control of the town when you damn well could have by now. Your defense of Oversoul is also genuine although I think you're missing some easy things on that read (fucking seriously, "I'm playing bad because I am (role)"????), but it feels genuine. I also liked your note to yourself. That doesn't strike me as something you'd do as scum either.
nacho is scum :(
Three headed-hydra from hell. Meet the heads; the left is sweet but feisty Ms Marangal; the middle is the insane and crazy Pirate Mollie & the right is the aggressive devilish Malakittens.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 2706, Kerberos wrote:
In post 2698, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2694, Thor665 wrote::igmeou:
One day someone will explain to me what I do when I look town, and I will be amazed.
I like your push on B&B even though you're wrong, especially because you know Majiffy is in that hydra and you know you can get him on your side as scum to push where you want him to, but instead you're clashing with mollie like you always do. I like the way you handled the wagon on me; you picked up on the reasoning that actually was good reasoning, did research of your own, decided to dismiss it and go through the chore of arguing with Sland's stubborn ass. You didn't have to do that, and you could've easily took advantage of my vulnerability and cut me apart and you'd know I'd be hesitant in calling you scum after shit play in Mafiableh. I liked the progression of your townread on me; the hop onto Desp wagon was a little bit lazy, but follows with this being a slow game and you playing perpetual catchup. I like your perpetual catchup because it's honestly not a good position for you to take as scum; you'd want a larger hand in directing the lynches, especially if you were gonna white knight me. You haven't done the things necessary to take control of the town when you damn well could have by now. Your defense of Oversoul is also genuine although I think you're missing some easy things on that read (fucking seriously, "I'm playing bad because I am (role)"????), but it feels genuine. I also liked your note to yourself. That doesn't strike me as something you'd do as scum either.
nacho is scum :(
shit, sorry mastin. that was me

<<< <3 >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue May 28, 2013 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 8:03 pm

In post 2700, Red Ryu wrote:Can we stop making gog damn counter wagons to the 2-3 people have a mass amount of votes on, this is what causes a no lynch.

We need 13 within 2 days, so stop with the bullshit counter wagons and go with something that is actually viable. /drunk

Not trying to be a dick but we need to actually get a lynch and not waster 108 pages and not even lynch.
there is going to be a lynch no matter what. it is in the rules that at deadline if no lynch has occurred the person with the most votes on them will be lynched. if you actually read the game then you would know this

guys this is why red ryu and thor are scum. its like they are not even trying

<<< Actually, a no-lynch is possible. You just have to vote it and have it reach majority. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue May 28, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2706, Kerberos wrote:nacho is scum
Explain yourself :]

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:00 pm

it is the way you weave in and out of the thread while getting somewhat close but still holding people at arm's length. what you said to thor wasn't getting close and I don't think it is even accurate. normally as town your analytical posts resonate with me. I think you are scum not because I disagree with you about thor it is that you are whitewashing his complete and total distancing from the game and painting it in a way that never actually points to motivation. <----- hedging
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I've never gotten close with Thor. I want to.

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:33 pm

In post 2711, Nachomamma8 wrote:I've never gotten close with Thor. I want to.
the closest I got to him was in the cult micros game where he told voided that I could not possibly be cult leader cos I would have recruited majiffy and him cos I had crushes on them both. <----best laugh I have had on this site really. what made it really funny is that voided actually bought it.

thor is the best reason to have a town silencer in a game if he is scum

*also in the post before this one it should have ended with "yet you still call him town".
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2712, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:thor is the best reason to have a town silencer in a game if he is scum

*also in the post before this one it should have ended with "yet you still call him town".
When someone is wily, it just makes me want to read them more.
I'm not going to let Thor be a blind spot for me because he's hard to read.

EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 2696, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2695, EddieFenix wrote:Bacde made a somewhat decent case for Nacho.
Where? I must have missed it...

Round the time of the gambit reveal. It's DECENT at best and it's one of the things that I feel got Nacho in here talking (all the pressure got to him)

In post 2695, EddieFenix wrote: Bulba is all over the board for me. I've seen town Bulba fight like hell and not let things so simple slip by him to try and bury someone who he thought was scum. I'm not seeing that same sort of fight/fire from him.
What do you call my exchanges with Om and Desperado?

Weak on Om, Better/More you on Desperado. You changed your outlook on Om later after you went on the offensive on him. Unless something has changed again recently that I missed where your stance is concerned on Om, then I will go back over and check/re-read. Normally, when you have a certain read on someone, you will hound/go like a dog with a bone not letting up at ALL.

Bulbazak wrote:Need this addressed:
In post 2167, Bulbazak wrote:
Also Eddie, I've not been completely on my game since Jungle Republic, mostly due to personal reasons, so that might answer your question about any perceived change in play.
That was my assumption. But it wasn't my place to throw that theory in this thread because I (somewhat) know that you are having personal problems go on right now. I figured if you wanted to address MY thoughts on the matter, you would and you did. Now, why are you waiting til day 2 to make a case against Seanald? I get we are close to deadline, but if you have a case to bring forward that would lead us to lynching scum, I wouldn't hold it back.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:32 pm

In post 2704, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2699, Nachomamma8 wrote:But, taking this trip through your ISO reminded me that I'm unclear on a majority of your stances on players. Can I get your T-->S list?
I hate those and consider them dumb.
Here are just reads;

1. thezmon221 - null
2. CrashTextDummie [1] - townish leaning a touch null
3. Cephir - null leaning a touch scum
4. Nachomamma8 - townish
5. PeregrineV - Eh, I seem to recall DLG as being scummish - so, scummish.
6. Nero Cain - townish (very ish)
7. Bacde - null
8. EddieFenix - null
9. Bulbazak - town
11. Red Ryu - scummish
12. Syryana - null
13. Desperado - null
14. penguin_alien - null
15. Slandaar - scummy
16. Oversoul - townish
17. Seanald - scummy
18. ThAdmiral - town
19. Haylen - null
20. Kublai Khan - town
21. Amethyst Kitty (Malakittens+MS Marangal) - scummy
22. !BeautyAndTheBeast (Majiffy+pirate mollie) - scummy
23. Om the Destroyer (Human Destroyer+Om of the Nom) - town
24. ArcAngel9 [1] - town
also this list is absolutely terrible and if os turns out to be groupscum then ak is probably cleared and most of the peeps who stirred up multiball wifom are probably scum

*looks at nero*
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:34 pm

In post 2713, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2712, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:thor is the best reason to have a town silencer in a game if he is scum

When someone is wily, it just makes me want to read them more.
I'm not going to let Thor be a blind spot for me because he's hard to read.
he has been wily the whole game why are you just now wanting to look at him
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2716, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:he has been wily the whole game why are you just now wanting to look at him
I've been watching him, but I only thought to get cozy after mafiableh ended.
I never tried to get cozy with him before because he has a very scary beard.

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:55 pm

I have no idea what his beard looks like but I am pretty sure you are scum

I bet bulb is too
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 12:37 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 2705, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2704, Thor665 wrote:18. ThAdmiral - town
Hmmm?
It's because of my amazing contributions to the game obv.

Ok so I still haven't read the whole game, but I've read the iso's of the three main wagons (oversoul, nacho, desp) and here are my conclusions:

Oversoul

I actually like oversoul.
- he was calling a lot of people town, and I find town are more likely to do that. As scum it essentially narrows down the people you can vote, because voting one of your townreads looks real bad.
- yes his claim was
bad
, but bad doesn't equal scum. Especially the "informed townie" part. I don't see why more people didn't just say - well if there are ever three kills a night we lynch him, until then we'll judge him on his play (actually maybe people did, I don't know I haven't read, lol). In any case I hold that gambits are done more often by town all things considered. And with his bp claim he sort of has justification for it, although I certainly would have played it differently.
- then again I've seen bp far more often on scum, so that is the main point of contention for me

Nacho

- Well nacho also names a lot of people as town. So I guess townpoints for that.
- about half way through his posts and don't really get what the case might be against him. Is it because he was pushing for the massclaim? Mafia theory =/= scum so I hope that's not it. And it also better not because he pushed for oversoul's lynch so much early either - after all oversoul
did
lie.
- He seems to be looking for scum and town and posting pretty logically, although tbf I don't really have proper context for a lot of it.
- He makes a pretty decent case on desperado. I'll read desp's post first, but I am tempted to vote him.

Desperado

- I think his early cases are a bit forced.
- post 1501 tries to shut down a townread. I find scum are more likely to do this than town.
- I find it interesting that in 2140 he explains the case on OS and arguably soft pushes it, even though he is still voting nacho. (edit: he does vote oversoul later)
- he seems very quick to play down any cases or votes against him, claiming that they are vague or have no reasoning behind them when (as far as I can tell) that is definitely not always true.

vote: desperado

Definitely looks the worst of the three.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 12:39 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

HEY EVERYBODY: LETS GET THE DESPERADO WAGON UP AND RUNNING AGAIN! FULL STEAM AHEAD!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 12:39 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 2700, Red Ryu wrote:Can we stop making gog damn counter wagons to the 2-3 people have a mass amount of votes on, this is what causes a no lynch.

There is a plurality rule

Your attempts to appear town are fooling no one
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 12:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2718, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:I have no idea what his beard looks like but I am pretty sure you are scum

I bet bulb is too

I haven't seen a fake drunkposting gambit in a while.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 1:27 am

Post by Slandaar »

I think I need to just vote the biggest wagon at this stage the town just needs a lynch.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 1:28 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 2723, Slandaar wrote:I think I need to just vote the biggest wagon at this stage the town just needs a lynch.
I'm tired of words

Let's see some actions
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”