NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

WHY IS EVERYONE AVOIDING MY EDDIE CASE.

He makes a far better wagon than OS.

~Mara
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 2675, Ms Marangal wrote:WHY IS EVERYONE AVOIDING MY EDDIE CASE.

~Mara
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

you uh, have no case?
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 2602, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Eddie is scummy for stuff outside the OS wagon, like how he suddenly Drops Mollie/Jiffy for Bulb with little reason for dropping the Hydra and with weak reasons to why he believed Bulb to be town. He jumped on Nacho opportunistically, and pushes him with "no real backing" when he called Mollie/Jiffy scum for doing the exact same thing. What's even worse is the fact that so many others had already jumped onto him, he as just going along for the ride. Nacho was also the person that He was chastising Mollie for tagging on I believe.

He also demands reads from several players when he himself isn't open with his reads.

then there's his interactions with OS. He just recently stated that he felt like he couldn't trust OS for doing the gambit, though when OS initially admitted that it was a gambit, instead of showing distrust he was actually open to what OS might have learned from it. The only time he has ever shown any negative emotion towards OS and what he's done with his gambit is when OS wagon started picking up. Before then, he didn't really care about him

~Mara
:/
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2650, Oversoul wrote:Will you be sad once I flip and you are proven wrong?

I don't think so because you will blame it on me, but then how do you explain the people who got it right?
This is the most literal appeal to emotion I've ever seen.
In post 2651, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2642, Kublai Khan wrote:Plus he's claiming a role he's had in another game.
Plus he listed the number of BP that he is.
Plus he has no credibility since he's a proven liar.
1) You obviously didn't read the link I gave you if you think that is the case
2) Why is this a big deal?
3) Which would you have known had I not told you?
1) I clicked the link. I read your role in that game. I iso'd the mod to find out your role pm. I searched the "Worst Roles" topic to try to learn more. Nothing. But no, I didn't read the LARGE THEME game itself. I assumed maybe you were BP in that game since you said "Me being a BP is pretty much a curse" with "curse" linking to that game and no other explanation provided. If I'm wrong, then congrats on refuting a minor point.
2) Because you should stop playing mafia on this site if you can't think of a possible difference between an unlimited BP and a X-Shot BP.
3) That your first claim was a lie? Yes.
In post 2668, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:so he is no longer kubbles
Never was.
In post 2676, Amethyst Kitty wrote:WHY IS EVERYONE AVOIDING MY EDDIE CASE.

Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:33 pm

but you have dropped reasons that lacked a continuity as well? if that is a scumtell then it points to you as being scummy
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:33 pm

eta: that was to ak
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 2642, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 2602, Amethyst Kitty wrote:then there's his interactions with OS. He just recently stated that he felt like he couldn't trust OS for doing the gambit, though when OS initially admitted that it was a gambit,
instead of showing distrust he was actually open to what OS might have learned from it
. The only time he has ever shown any negative emotion towards OS and what he's done with his gambit is when OS wagon started picking up. Before then, he didn't really care about him
Also, how in the world is the above even remotely scummy?
Because he paid no attention to him until OS's wagon started to catch up. It looks like he's giving OS crap because everyone else is, but if it really bothered him he would have given him crap about it earlier, when he did it but he didn't.

~Mara

Pedit: ??
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

It isn't the lack of continuity, it's how he's doing it

He attacks you for calling Nacho scum with no reason behind it

then he suddenly drops you for Bulba and I don't really remember why

then he goes for Nacho, with no real reason to why he thinks he's scum...

He then goes after OS, using reasons stated by everyone else but only after everyone else was already going after him

~Mara
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2679, Kublai Khan wrote:1) I clicked the link. I read your role in that game. I iso'd the mod to find out your role pm. I searched the "Worst Roles" topic to try to learn more. Nothing. But no, I didn't read the LARGE THEME game itself. I assumed maybe you were BP in that game since you said "Me being a BP is pretty much a curse" with "curse" linking to that game and no other explanation provided. If I'm wrong, then congrats on refuting a minor point.
2) Because you should stop playing mafia on this site if you can't think of a possible difference between an unlimited BP and a X-Shot BP.
3) That your first claim was a lie? Yes.
1) If it was a minor why include it at all unless you REALLY WANT THIS GUISE
2) Whoosh.
3) Whoosh.

Stay golden.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:56 pm

retracting my claws from you for now mara cos it is interesting what is going on between between the boys
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Town or Scum? 'Look guys, I think its best we just get a lynch so I'm just gonna vote the biggest wagon oh he looks kinda townish but maybe derpy guess I won't be voting him'
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 1:11 pm

who are you even talking to

don't let me down slaandy

be town

plz
Red Ryu
Red Ryu
Goon
Red Ryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by Red Ryu »

Vote:Desp

I'm being reminded why I don't like long deadlines.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Cephrir and Eddie remain scum, like I said long long ago in a page far far away.

Nero remains scum, like I said not too long ago on a page not too far away.

Thor is dumb.

Carry on.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by Syryana »

So, cliff notes:
The inlaws fighting stopped
AK wants to move the OS wagon to Eddie
Slaand still wants to lynch Thor
OS has upped his number of useless claims to 2

Did I miss anything?
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2642, Kublai Khan wrote:Technically you broke the multiball cherry in Post 1377. Also, the big difference is that you wrote likely multiball whereas they said something along the lines of "it might be multiball because I'm too much of a stubborn fool to admit I'm possibly wrong about a scumread". (Paraphrased, of course)

+ you're not on the town list because you haven't stood out as town.

Also, you're really stretching the definition of multiball if you want it to include 5maf+1SK. Multiball is two scum teams.
I know that "multiball" is two scum teams but I think its kinda a silly definition. A kill is a kill and even if the sk uses a knife its still a dead body. What if its a game with two scum teams but one doesn't kill bwo gun. Is it still multiball? lol

What do you think of Bulb and Moz claiming that I'm deflecting away from said question but still answering it? I don't even know how that works.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2638, Nero Cain wrote: So its scummy that I asked Khan why he finds me scummy for something that others are doing? That's scumhunting.
No, that's deflecting. I'm not even sure how you could confuse the 2.
In post 2650, Oversoul wrote: Because not everyone plays this game the same.

I don't really see why that is so hard for people to understand.
I hate this type of excuse, because it can be used to dismiss scummy behavior. This is survival of the fittest, and if you are not scum, then you need to learn from the experience and do better, not excuse it.
In post 2658, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2655, Nachomamma8 wrote:Lynching a townread and not even trying to find an alternative? OK.
I called you town? That must have been a mistake.

It was more an honor thing but clearly that means nothing on THE INTRANETSZ
An honor thing? What? Are you only handing out townreads and scumreads based on experience?
Are you even trying to scumhunt?
In post 2663, Oversoul wrote: BatB save your breath. Pray you get nightkilled and move on.
Somebody lynch this...
In post 2668, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:also khan is sooooo town if he is scum I will be shocked. also I saw star trek earlier and now every time I see his name I hear someone yell "KHAAAAAAAAN!!!!"
I hope you're referring to Wrath of Khan...
In post 2691, Nero Cain wrote: What do you think of Bulb and Moz claiming that I'm deflecting away from said question but still answering it? I don't even know how that works.
I never said that you were deflecting
the question
. You can answer a question but still desire attention to be diverted away from you. You essentially said, "Hey, those guys are just as scummy as I am. Look at them."
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2685, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:retracting my claws from you for now mara cos it is interesting what is going on between between the boys
Mara's looking townier lately.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2648, Seanald wrote:Damn Thor and Kublai epic disscush.
I agree with your analysis of our thoughts and how that pertains to our alignments and the alignments of others.
In post 2648, Seanald wrote:I'm also curious am I the only one suspicious of the Om hydra?
I know I'm not.
In post 2656, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:no your case is not stronger than the one you have on us. the one you have on is pathetic
Your refutation of my points is cutting and proves the validity of your above claim - oh, let's hope no one actually *asks* for the refutations of the points, and just bulldog into it acting like we have. yes, that should work nicely.
In post 2662, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:no cos that isn't quite what happened and you know it
What did happen then?
Because clearly I don't know it.
In post 2670, Nachomamma8 wrote:thor is always taken with a grain of salt
:igmeou:
One day someone will explain to me what I do when I look town, and I will be amazed.
In post 2671, Kublai Khan wrote:I disagree. It's worse than sub-optimal. He allegedly has one weakness and he played in a way that exposes his weakness.
So you're saying he would only do that as scum?
In post 2671, Kublai Khan wrote:I'll ignore the Day 1 "game with likely SK" for now.
:neutral:
In post 2671, Kublai Khan wrote:But no, your counter-arguments make no sense to me. By saying "2-shot", he's saying "I'll take you 3 tries to NK me by yourself, so don't bother". Again, think hard about longer-term implications of his fakeclaim. You're smart enough that I shouldn't have to spell it out.
Spell it out, I'm probably not as smart as you think I am.
I grok that the fakeclaim will help pull him into deeper waters...but, y'know, Oversoul playing full bore town Oversoul would not exactly be a shock to make it into deep waters having the rest of town asking 'why is Oversoul not NKed yet!?!?' either, so I'm not sure I get the point if this is it.
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 2678, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 2602, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Eddie is scummy for stuff outside the OS wagon, like how he suddenly Drops Mollie/Jiffy for Bulb with little reason for dropping the Hydra and with weak reasons to why he believed Bulb to be town.

I don't believe Bulba or anyone else for that matter to be town, tyvm. I'm willing to poke and prod anyone/everyone just because.

He jumped on Nacho opportunistically, and pushes him with "no real backing" when he called Mollie/Jiffy scum for doing the exact same thing. What's even worse is the fact that so many others had already jumped onto him, he as just going along for the ride. Nacho was also the person that He was chastising Mollie for tagging on I believe.

:lol: Bacde made a somewhat decent case for Nacho. I decided to apply a vote for pressure to get him in for talking (he became either -4 or -3 before coming in and talking). Nacho came in, started talking, I wanted all angles to be poked and prodded by players who could break his meta better than I. I don't KNOW Nacho's meta like SOME in here may know. So, I removed my vote. Last thing anyone wants is to end the day early with so much to talk about and for us to catch a good bit of scum day 1. Especially...

He also demands reads from several players when he himself isn't open with his reads.

Fuzzy because he needed to start talking and giving info because he kept dancing around doing it. If pushing OTHER players on the side while the main page by page fight is going on, I'm guilty. I pushed OverSoul because he played this gambit bit and I wanted to dig for answers (more below). Nothing wrong with pushing to get reads. Hell, if you want to push me, be my guest.

then there's his interactions with OS. He just recently stated that he felt like he couldn't trust OS for doing the gambit, though when OS initially admitted that it was a gambit, instead of showing distrust he was actually open to what OS might have learned from it.

THAT'S because I WANTED him to TAAAAAAAAAAAAALK... I wanted ANSWERS so that EVERYONE could see what he was going to say. If I could gauge a few responses here and there where his mindset was during the time before the gambit reveal and then after the gambit reveal (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would look into reading his thoughts like crazy), then there would be some sort of either connection or disconnection to his thoughts at the time.

The only time he has ever shown any negative emotion towards OS and what he's done with his gambit is when OS wagon started picking up. Before then, he didn't really care about him

Everyone else was coming down on him and asking the questions I would ask. So, sit back and read. Once he threw out his gambit claim, I decided to start asking questions. Hell, even with this new gambit he's brought to the table, I don't trust it for the simple fact of the stunt he pulled before. I'm going to get my answers one way or the other.

~Mara
:/
Bolded responses are mine.
Amethyst Kitty wrote:
then he suddenly drops you for Bulba and I don't really remember why

~Mara
Bulba is all over the board for me. I've seen town Bulba fight like hell and not let things so simple slip by him to try and bury someone who he thought was scum. I'm not seeing that same sort of fight/fire from him. It might be from where he is sitting back and thinking more... It might be that he's being calculated in his moves. IDK...
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2695, EddieFenix wrote:Bacde made a somewhat decent case for Nacho.
Where? I must have missed it...
In post 2695, EddieFenix wrote: Bulba is all over the board for me. I've seen town Bulba fight like hell and not let things so simple slip by him to try and bury someone who he thought was scum. I'm not seeing that same sort of fight/fire from him.
What do you call my exchanges with Om and Desperado?

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Need this addressed:
In post 2167, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2152, Seanald wrote: Scumslips don't exist 9 out of 10 times and I think your reaching pretty bad.
How am I reaching? Can you not see the point I have been making? And if so, what is bad about it? Also, how about you join us and give your own thoughts and opinions on what's happening, instead of taking potshots from the sidelines.
I don't like you popping your head in, making a potshot at someone, and then lurking back into the shadows and ignoring anything asked of you. Get in here and scumhunt, or tomorrow I'll lead the crap out of your wagon!

Also Eddie, I've not been completely on my game since Jungle Republic, mostly due to personal reasons, so that might answer your question about any perceived change in play.

Think I might have seen something, but I'd like to wait to hear from Oversoul first.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2694, Thor665 wrote::igmeou:
One day someone will explain to me what I do when I look town, and I will be amazed.
I like your push on B&B even though you're wrong, especially because you know Majiffy is in that hydra and you know you can get him on your side as scum to push where you want him to, but instead you're clashing with mollie like you always do. I like the way you handled the wagon on me; you picked up on the reasoning that actually was good reasoning, did research of your own, decided to dismiss it and go through the chore of arguing with Sland's stubborn ass. You didn't have to do that, and you could've easily took advantage of my vulnerability and cut me apart and you'd know I'd be hesitant in calling you scum after shit play in Mafiableh. I liked the progression of your townread on me; the hop onto Desp wagon was a little bit lazy, but follows with this being a slow game and you playing perpetual catchup. I like your perpetual catchup because it's honestly not a good position for you to take as scum; you'd want a larger hand in directing the lynches, especially if you were gonna white knight me. You haven't done the things necessary to take control of the town when you damn well could have by now. Your defense of Oversoul is also genuine although I think you're missing some easy things on that read (fucking seriously, "I'm playing bad because I am (role)"????), but it feels genuine. I also liked your note to yourself. That doesn't strike me as something you'd do as scum either.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1246, Thor665 wrote:You are in an ongoing with me where you saw Nacho play.
I really wish I could ask you about it.
But I am fascinated at this level of awe for him considering you saw the same play I did.
It's annoying I can't press you on it either - because you are the one who feels fake here.
This post also felt pretty genuine, and he reminds me of something I wanted to bring up: I think that Bacde lost respect for me that game, figured out that no one was untouchable, so actually tried to read me this game as opposed to his normal play, picked up on me being more passive than usual, pushing me in the exact same way that I tried to push you in No Lynching Town with myko. I'm too lazy to go through your posts to see your read on him, but that's mostly why he's obvtown.
In post 1859, Thor665 wrote:Meh, if you are playing perfectly fine and were town, this wagon wouldn't be on you.
I also liked this a lot, keeping your townread on me in mind. Felt like a "step it the fuck up" post which doesn't seem to have much scum motivation behind it.

But, taking this trip through your ISO reminded me that I'm unclear on a majority of your stances on players. Can I get your T-->S list?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”