NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2644, Kublai Khan wrote:If Oversoul legitimately got a town 2-shot BP role, then why wouldn't his strategy be to lay low and scum-hunt hard?
Because not everyone plays this game the same.

I don't really see why that is so hard for people to understand.
In post 2644, Kublai Khan wrote:Think long-term implications of his claim, Thor665. Oversoul is not town.
Will you be sad once I flip and you are proven wrong?

I don't think so because you will blame it on me, but then how do you explain the people who got it right?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:50 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2642, Kublai Khan wrote:Plus he's claiming a role he's had in another game.
Plus he listed the number of BP that he is.
Plus he has no credibility since he's a proven liar.
1) You obviously didn't read the link I gave you if you think that is the case
2) Why is this a big deal?
3) Which would you have known had I not told you?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 2643, Thor665 wrote:It's a 'meh, derp player lynch' and if that's what we want to do let's at least admit it. Heck, i might support it if that was what we were lynching him for - but I don't think he looks scummy.
omg omg omg

thor said something I agree with!!!!

:D :D :D
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:53 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 2625, Thor665 wrote:Well, at least you stuck with your second soft claim.

...eh, that post still feels fairly town and I think it flows with the logic of your fakeclaim gambit.

Yeah, let's lynch B&tB or Desperado.
^scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:56 am

In post 2631, Red Ryu wrote:
In post 2615, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 2608, Red Ryu wrote:
In post 2605, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 2599, Red Ryu wrote:B&B I'm not a mod on this site but dude you need to seriously chill out.
this has nothing to do with you and this looks like opportunistic scum noise in order to look look busy, concerned and productive.

welcome to my scum pile
You're being a douche to others at times and need to shut up.

There is a line.
excuse me?

I have not said not one negative thing to anybody in this game ever since mastin said to cool it down
the first time
so why the fuck am I a douche? I have asked majiffy to dial it back cos I don't want to get force replaced since I spent a lot of time and energy in this game and there are a lot of players I like playing with or am interested in playing with plus its a mastin game.

and about lines. so let me get this straight. it is perfectly acceptable for nero to say
majiffy has fucked me into stupidity
? that it is perfectly acceptable that the personal details of my sex life are being used to put me down and discredit me? you are okay with that? seriously? not even if it hurts my feelings?

this whole thing does not even concern you, it is between majiffy, the players involved and mastin. you sliding in here to chime in when I have asked everyone to step back and take a breather so that there are no ill feelings or force replacements when it has nothing to do with you looks like a subtle form of buddying and fanning of the flames so that the situation worsens is scummy to the core. there is zero town motivation in that. if I was not so convinced nero was scum I would be voting for you right now.

I don't think I am the one who needs to stfu here
It's not, but retaliation is 90% of the time not needed.

It's not just him you're are doing it to either.
like this post literally makes no sense
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2490, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Nacho you may be wrong on your Fuzzy read.
Haylen's still town; please stop agonizing her so I can work with her.
In post 2522, Oversoul wrote:It is why I made the gambit.
It is why I asked to not be vigged.
It is why I don't have interest in this game.
I hate claims that explain previous behavior, and your rant of why bulletproof is such a terrible horrible thing is not so good. Bulletproof is probably my favorite role as town because you're literally unkillable town and there is no reason for you to hold back ever.
In post 2529, Nero Cain wrote:Here he uses the term if instead of when.
WOAHHH THAT'S CRAZY MAN
Too bad it has literally nothing to do with my alignment!
In post 2559, CrashTextDummie wrote:I believe Oversoul's claim. It resonates too well with his awkwardness around his fake-claim gambit ("Why would anyone shoot me?", "I don't need protection because I am useless and if scum just want a kill in general at a later time they know my death won't be interfered with.") and I agree with Bacde that the claim post sounds town. SK is of course a possibility, but I'm not willing to pursue that possibility on D1 without having any indication that an SK is in the game to begin with.
Oversoul - 10 (Desperado, penguin_alien, Kublai Khan, Syryana, Nachomamma8, Cephrir, Bulbazak, thezmon221, Haylen, PeregrineV)
Nacho, Cephrir, thezmon, PV. Anyone wanna take a bet on how many of them are opportunistic scum?
Sorry, can't take two bets at once.
My current bet is seeing how much farther you can fall from grace while you ignore the shit out of me.
In post 2572, Oversoul wrote:Since Nero and Haylen are only grand wishes...

VOTE: Nacho
Lynching a townread and not even trying to find an alternative? OK.
In post 2598, Red Ryu wrote:Can we lynch Nacho now?
You can't give reasons either?
OK.

Mollie, please lynch OS with me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:05 am

In post 2643, Thor665 wrote::neutral:

I'll give you the case based on softclaim point, we can move that to null - though I note that it still holds solid with the fakeclaim point, do you disagree?

Are you trying to convince me only scum would be silly enough to claim number of BPs?
If he's scum and BP, then he's just as foolish to claim it as he would be to do so as town.
If he's scum and not BP then it's a meaningless concern to me, and a actual concern to a anti-town killing role. Meh.
So...null tell, yes?

I'm not on board with it because I am not sure what he's scummy of other than lying about his role, and I've lied about my role as town plenty of times. I don't really think it's an inherent scumtell.
Is there a case on him besides him fakeclaiming and/or lying about his claim in some manner? Like, has he voted in ways that look scummy or something?
I've pointed out actual mental disconnects from town thought process on B&tB and all I get is everyone screaming about how town that slot is - so maybe I'm all gakked up, but I think my case is stronger there than this Oversoul one. It's a 'meh, derp player lynch' and if that's what we want to do let's at least admit it. Heck, i might support it if that was what we were lynching him for - but I don't think he looks scummy.
no your case is not stronger than the one you have on us. the one you have on is pathetic
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2655, Nachomamma8 wrote:I hate claims that explain previous behavior, and your rant of why bulletproof is such a terrible horrible thing is not so good. Bulletproof is probably my favorite role as town because you're literally unkillable town and there is no reason for you to hold back ever.
See below
In post 2650, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2644, Kublai Khan wrote:If Oversoul legitimately got a town 2-shot BP role, then why wouldn't his strategy be to lay low and scum-hunt hard?

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:06 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2655, Nachomamma8 wrote:Lynching a townread and not even trying to find an alternative? OK.
I called you town? That must have been a mistake.

It was more an honor thing but clearly that means nothing on THE INTRANETSZ
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Saw that, don't care.
Having a claim to explain previous behavior is scummy. Showing up to defend yourself but not doing shit else the whole game is scummy.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2522, Oversoul wrote:re: Nacho, I think he is town but I can't read him so take that with a grain of salt.
Wheeeeeeee

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:08 am

do you know what the rock solid case on you is? it is that you are arguing to win arguments through word play not to try to discern alignments <--------- pure unadulterated scum motivation right there, not town and definitely not town thor
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:17 am

In post 2647, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2644, Kublai Khan wrote:Oh, I'm totally with you on the mental disconnects of that player slot. The problem remains that it's a hydra player who apparently does no communicating at all outside the thread. And they don't sign their posts so they can totally dodge comments that make no sense. I don't think I'll ever have a town-read on that slot, but they aren't scummier than Oversoul atm.
it's more than just that - the Mollie head is basically being caught in lies by me, and refusing to respond to the discussion (and refusing in scummy ways)
And the Majiffy head, when questioned on th epush, claims he's not reading any of that gak...while the Mollie head claims he's telling her to back off because her reasons are bad.
I fully understand and agree that they aren't communicating - but above and beyond that, they are not scumhunting, offering misreps, and distancing...from each other. If I just thought they were failing at being a hydra it's one thing, but they have logical inconsistancies that go beyond that, and I think it's showing them not being up to date on each others lies - not just being not up to date on each others reads.

Make sense?
no cos that isn't quite what happened and you know it

yes nacho I am going to vote os with you. if os flips scum I bet everybody who we had in our town pile are all town unless it is multi-ball. but still, I bet none of those players are on his team

for scum I am liking os, thor, nero, omtd, red ryu, maybe fuzzy slot, and probably a lurker
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2659, Nachomamma8 wrote:Showing up to defend yourself but not doing shit else the whole game is scummy.
I concede that which is why I am okay with getting lynched.

BatB save your breath. Pray you get nightkilled and move on.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2662, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:for scum I am liking os, thor, nero, omtd, red ryu, maybe fuzzy slot, and probably a lurker
os, nero, red ryu, lurkers

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:23 am

In post 2659, Nachomamma8 wrote:Saw that, don't care.
Having a claim to explain previous behavior is scummy. Showing up to defend yourself but not doing shit else the whole game is scummy.

if you think rena is town I will move her there too, but fuzzy kind of ruined that slot for her. I thought her reaction over majiffy's push was pretty townish so it I can do that.

rena majiffy was reaction testing you pretty hard cos you inherited a really scummy slot. he has told me what he got from it yet but I thought it looked townish. he has agreed to tone it down though
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:27 am

In post 2664, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2662, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:for scum I am liking os, thor, nero, omtd, red ryu, maybe fuzzy slot, and probably a lurker
os, nero, red ryu, lurkers
os, nero, ryu, ak, lurkers and I still say thor belongs in there too. I am going to be really stubborn about this and support slaandy's push if I am still alive. it looks like os is giving a shout out for a nk if he flips scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:28 am

eta: still think omtd should be in there too
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:33 am

also khan is sooooo town if he is scum I will be shocked. also I saw star trek earlier and now every time I see his name I hear someone yell "KHAAAAAAAAN!!!!"

so he is no longer kubbles
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2657, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2655, Nachomamma8 wrote:I hate claims that explain previous behavior, and your rant of why bulletproof is such a terrible horrible thing is not so good. Bulletproof is probably my favorite role as town because you're literally unkillable town and there is no reason for you to hold back ever.
See below

You're right we should never lynch anyone ever because they're probably just playing differently. Let's just no lynch until the cop shows up with a guilty.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2667, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:eta: still think omtd should be in there too
thor is always taken with a grain of salt and omtd is a little stale

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 10:44 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2647, Thor665 wrote:My issue is - this establishes he did not play it in the optimal method and probably is not as skilled at mafia as you would like him to be.
The question it begs is this: would Oversoul *not* do that as town?
I submit he would do it, and thus the tell is not a good one.
I disagree. It's worse than sub-optimal. He allegedly has one weakness and he played in a way that exposes his weakness.
In post 2647, Thor665 wrote:The thing is - I believe he's BP.
I don't think he'd try this gambit in a game with likely SK and also likely town killing role if he was not BP.
So, coming at it from that point, it is of little value to him as scum or town to then list his number.

So, I think it's further proof of bad play, and not proof of scum play - do you get my point there, and why do you dismiss that as a response?
I'll ignore the Day 1 "game with likely SK" for now.

But no, your counter-arguments make no sense to me. By saying "2-shot", he's saying "I'll take you 3 tries to NK me by yourself, so don't bother". Again, think hard about longer-term implications of his fakeclaim. You're smart enough that I shouldn't have to spell it out.
In post 2647, Thor665 wrote:Make sense?
The "I think it's showing them not being up to date on each others lies" is a stretch, but otherwise, yeah.

{other stuff later}
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2669, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2657, Oversoul wrote:
See below

You're right we should never lynch anyone ever because they're probably just playing differently. Let's just no lynch until the cop shows up with a guilty.
Are you scum or are you trying to compete with me for most useless townie?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

Neither? I've been scumhunting all day? I guess I must just be ~~playing differently~~~~
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2673, Cephrir wrote:Neither? I've been scumhunting all day? I guess I must just be ~~playing differently~~~~
You're still an ass!

~~~

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”