NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by Rena »

In post 2471, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2466, Rena wrote:Oi nacho! Last time you called me obvious town, you also said I had a top secret towntell. This was in a multiball game, I think, Large Normal? You were scum there and you told me later it's you did it because I have a habit of automatically assuming those who call me town are town themselves. Then I get mislynched when that player flipped scum.

Why haven't you accused me of being scum yet? My known meta as town is to active lurk, generally active as scum, most active as SK? I rarely make a shit tonne of posts, especially day one, definitely not this many in the space of 24 hours. I'm fullfilling my old SK meta so far.
You've been gone for like a year. I'm sure you'll be active in the first game you post in regardless of what alignment you got.
"I don't trust your meta, it's too old."
In post 2472, Nachomamma8 wrote:Also I'm pretty confident I always read you as town except when you were actually scum. Right?
"I am confident that I can read your town meta."
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2473, Rena wrote:Makes sense.

Tell me about the non-Majiffy BB head.
she's pretty aggressive as town, extremely passive as scum
Majiffy is definitely the scum player of the duo since he's aggressive as fuck all the time, but mollie hates playing scum lately. We've played something like 20 games together (something stupid like that) and I've never been incorrect about a strong town read on her. She gets passionate about strong reads, is a heavy meta player and focuses heavily on sorting people out. Occasionally a massive troll.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 2474, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2473, Rena wrote:Makes sense.

Tell me about the non-Majiffy BB head.
stupider than the Jiffy head. That's all you need to know
brilliant beyond belief and I love her.
fify

eta: did you just call me a massive troll nacho huh huh HUH
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by Rena »

Does it not make sense that after 20 games she would have cottoned on to you knowing her meta and changed it?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2478, Rena wrote:Does it not make sense that after 20 games she would have cottoned on to you knowing her meta and changed it?
It would, but you have to understand how large of a meta change this would be.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Her meta change hasn't really been gradual; her town game's been getting more aggressive to compensate for my changing scum style, but her scum game is still the same. She just prefers playing town more; look at players like Empire, Tierce, Tammy. They've had a while to fix their scumgames, but they're still open books to people familiar with their meta.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2475, Rena wrote:"I am confident that I can read your town meta."
I'm not reading you as meta. I'm reading you as a player. You could have played the excuses game, you could have done a lot of shit, but you jumped in the game and immediately turned on the aggression. You're not worried about image in the least part, as shown by you attacking pretty heavily based on limited knowledge, so yeah I think you're pretty fucking town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2475, Rena wrote:"I don't trust your meta, it's too old."
oh and it's not this; i expected your activity for this game to be high regardless
you haven't played in a while, so it wouldn't make sense for you to lurk through the first game you got regardless of alignment

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

and yeah, I'm not confident i can still read you, but the fact that a lot of that aggression was directed towards me reads pretty good to me. it's gotten me to focus more on you so either you're confident of being to dodge me who hasn't taken a break, or you're town and paranoid of me because I'm reading you as town, and i lean strongly towards the latter.

Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Rena »

Fair play. I can understand that.

Truth be told I'm beginning to doubt my BB read, not because of the meta thing but because the "everyone who reads me should know I'm town." Thing that comes with sheeping is protown as long as you're sheeping me. Since it has been so prevalent, I am not sure whether this is genuine scum leading town or town thinking everyone should know I'm town. What say you?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2482, Nachomamma8 wrote: you haven't played in a while, so it wouldn't make sense for you to lurk through the first game you got regardless of alignment
Plus she's replacing the king of lurkers. Lurking would be a death knell.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2484, Rena wrote:Since it has been so prevalent, I am not sure whether this is genuine scum leading town or town thinking everyone should know I'm town. What say you?
I think the "everyone who reads me should be town" part is a towntell, but the sheeping thing is just Majiffy regardless of alignment. I think the "everyone who reads me should be town" is a towntell because it's wrecking his image if he's scum; doesn't make sense for him to make people rethink townreads when he's already being townread left and right.

Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by Rena »

Oi CTD, why so quiet for your usual textwall posting self? The majority of your posts have been about the massclaim, do you have anything more to say on recent events? On Wednesday, you said you would post more info on Thursday.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Rena »

In post 2469, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Not defensive, I just have issues with people coming into page 99 of a game and trying to make an argument based on the first 10, acting like they're hot shit as they do.
It's 4 days until deadline, what did you expect me to do? I hadn't been following the game, do you expect someone to read 100 pages in 4 days, analyse and build a case not to mention keep up with what was being said? It doesn't happen like that. I contemplated asking for a deadline extention but we're already at 100 pages, it would be anti-town to prolong the day any longer. By the end of night phase, I will be caught up.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:31 pm

In post 2488, Rena wrote:
In post 2469, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Not defensive, I just have issues with people coming into page 99 of a game and trying to make an argument based on the first 10, acting like they're hot shit as they do.
It's 4 days until deadline, what did you expect me to do? I hadn't been following the game, do you expect someone to read 100 pages in 4 days, analyse and build a case not to mention keep up with what was being said?
Yes.
In post 2488, Rena wrote:It doesn't happen like that.
Why not?
In post 2488, Rena wrote:I contemplated asking for a deadline extention but we're already at 100 pages, it would be anti-town to prolong the day any longer. By the end of night phase, I will be caught up.
So instead of stating that you will be caught up by daybreak d2, you decide to grab your dick and run into the room shouting
about large bats and satanic dope fiends drinking adrenaline out of pineal glands?
about something that happened in the first 1/10th of the game, with no knowledge whatsoever of the other 9/10ths, and thinking this was a
legitimate
thing to try to push a wagon on?

You should have stayed retired.

<<< So much for not being uncivil. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue May 28, 2013 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Also I like how it took you an hour to think of something to say in response to that, despite having actively responded to other recent posts in between that time frame.

Nacho you may be wrong on your Fuzzy read.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Nero calls Haylen scummy.

Mollie calls Nero scummy for calling Haylen scummy.

Jiffy is pretty much implying that he finds Haylen scummy.

This hydra dis is fucking annoying.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by Rena »

Listen, I don't give a shit which head you are, no player should be being a little bitch to other players this. You are ruining my enjoyment of the game.

Tldr: Stop being an asshole.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

You've read the early game, right? By now you should have figured out he's an asshole.

I don't get what the point of playing in a hydra is if you're going to act like two separate players.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by Rena »

My apologies, I didn't mean to tar the thread with insults like that. I'll tone it down.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 5:08 pm

In post 2492, Rena wrote:Listen, I don't give a shit which head you are, no player should be being a little bitch to other players this. You are ruining my enjoyment of the game.

Tldr: Stop being an asshole.
A+ deflection.

I don't care if your enjoyment is ruined. You're ruining the
spirit
of the game by coming in and playing based off of 1/10th of the game, and expecting players to bow down before you and say "oh well he's a replacement the poor guy we should cut him some slack". No. I'm going to hold you to a higher standard than that if you're going to try to push wagons, capice?
In post 2493, Cephrir wrote:I don't get what the point of playing in a hydra is if you're going to act like two separate players.
Bounce ideas and thoughts off each other legally. Our playstyles are very different, so they compliment each other.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 5:10 pm

By the by, I don't think demanding players RTFT before they try to influence gameplay is "being a little bitch" in any stretch of the imagination.
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by Seanald »

I have a boner watching jiffy play. thought i'd throw that out there, i know im not the only one.
Show
Sticky, Steamy, and Hard to Push Out
W/L: 14/18/0
T: 8/9/0
S: 6/8/0
O: 0/1/0
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by Seanald »

In post 2452, Ms Marangal wrote:WTF?

are we seriously Lynching OS? that dude is town as fuck.

tomorrow, we get scum.

~Mara
thats generally the objective, sorry but this post came off as fake as mollie's tits. ohhhhh woulda been a good burn but I don't think the end of that statement is true.
Show
Sticky, Steamy, and Hard to Push Out
W/L: 14/18/0
T: 8/9/0
S: 6/8/0
O: 0/1/0
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1, mastin2 wrote:This is a game--have fun and don't make your fun detrimental to others' enjoyment. Keep things clean and civil: don't invoke personal attacks and do not abuse emphasis or curse words; an occasional F-bomb is okay, cursing every other word is not.
This post is a reminder of the rules. Please attempt to be civil with other players. This is a game. Tempers may flare, but it is good sportsmanship (and in the rules of this game) to not "make your fun detrimental to others' enjoyment".

Also I will actually post a VC as soon as I wake up. Really sorry about that, mastin and I had coordinated busy schedules. >.>

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”