NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Om the Destroyer
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Post by Om the Destroyer »

VOTE: penguin_alien

~Pertayter
Red Ryu
Red Ryu
Goon
Red Ryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by Red Ryu »

In post 2243, Bacde wrote:
In post 2238, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2236, Bacde wrote:sorry to make you stop flying nacho, its just that you have a scum PM
I knew it wouldn't last.
yeah scum are good at manipulating me in most of my games tbh

but then I can reread my old posts and go "why am I thinking something different than what I argued before? these posts are awesome!"
Stop lying you nailed me and AP in that newbie. :evil:
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 2271, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2268, Desperado wrote: 3)
In post 1263, Nachomamma8 wrote:Desperado's early posting hurts a fair bit.
Vaguely supports massclaim
, sort of talks to B&B about the Nero = indy read everyone was talking about, small attack on Ryu. His first significant anything is his attack on DLG, which is a location I like, but then the whole accusation of "DLG isn't scumhunting and is being a hypocrite for expecting AA9 to scumhunt when he is not" sort of fell flat; he said DLG's townreads were surface and not good enough, but they were still townreads. It was still scumhunting, whether it was fake scumhunting or real scumhunting. Then, DLG posts a bunch while he's typing the case, Desp acknowledges as much, then posts 10 minutes later that "no, not good" while posting other things at the same time, which seems like he just waited a little while but never actually read any of DLG's posting unless he's a god of speedreading or some shit. His hop onto my wagon is awkward and doesn't have anything in his ISO hinting at it, so that will have to be explained later. Scumread.
Point retracted. I need to stop reading these games so late at night...

However, I would say that I agree with Nacho on this. Simply saying, "I support massclaim for all the reasons CTD said" is not adequate, as you simply sheeped someone else's reasons without providing any of your own, or at least putting those reasons in your own words. Did you support massclaim? Yes. Were you a staunch supporter of it? No.
That still isn't vague. I was very clear I supported CTD's idea wholeheartedly for every reason he posted, because he summed it up in such a way as to render any further additions redundant.
In post 2268, Desperado wrote: 4)
In post 1169, Nachomamma8 wrote:He was willing to defend his idea when he got a little traction, and when that traction ran out, he still found something more from it. He also easily found other things to look at and didn't stall in coming up with scumreads and townreads, regardless of his massclaiming shenanigans
The only substantial case CTD has come up with to that point was on DLG, so what else was he talking about here if not that? Why did he lie about it when he said "CTD's case on DLG had absolutely nothing to do with my townread on him" and then backtrack later and say that it was "the way CTD pushed his case?"
Nacho is talking about CTD's massclaim idea, and how he used it to scumhunt afterwards.
No he isn't. "He also easily found other things to look at and didn't stall in coming up with scumreads and townreads, regardlass of his massclaiming shenanigans." This is Nacho explicitly referring to CTD's reads that did NOT stem from his massclaim analysis, and the only one that fits that description is his case on DLG.
In post 2268, Desperado wrote: 5) No I'm not. I'm pointing out inconsistencies in Nacho's reads. Inconsistency is a scumtell for me. Do you disagree?
I don't disagree that inconsistency is a scumtell, but Nacho wasn't being inconsistent. If you read his original town-case on CTD, it had to do with CTD's push for massclaim and how he used the information gathered after the fact in order to scumhunt. At no point does he mention CTD's scumread of DLG. That is actually brought up in a different case, the DLG-scum case.

His push on you was not that he disagreed with your scumread, but that you didn't put much effort into reading and responding to the 4 posts that DLG had made during your initial case. Essentially, you wrote them off, and Nacho found that to be scummy.
He wasn't being inconsistent?!?! I've pointed out multiple times where he was inconsistent, but I'll do it again: when I responded the first time he said "CTD's case on DLG had absolutely nothing to do with my townread on him" and later he said "It wasn't just the case, it was the way he was pushing the case." What is this besides inconsistency?
In post 2268, Desperado wrote: And really great analysis there. What's scummy about asking Syry to respond to a post that was made in response to something he thinks was the final word on the subject?
Because:

1.) Due to Baby Spice's replacing out, there was no need to respond to it. It would be a waste of time and space, and the town has better things to do than get caught up in that.

2.) BS's response and original attack against Nacho were terribad, and had she not replaced out, even I was going to show why. The attack consisted of mainly calling Nacho a liar as many times as she could in an effort to try to trick town into thinking he's scummy and discredit him. As I said, it reminded me of Om's attack against me. Her actual points were laughable and easily disproven and countered. Trust me, it wouldn't take much to take her points apart like an Oreo.

3.) You were attacking Syryana for attacking Baby Spice (possible chainsaw defending?). And the way you were doing so was a clear misrep of his actions. I essentially saw it as you trying to use broad strokes to paint Syryana as scummy as possible, instead of investigating possible intent.
Let me get this straight. Syry makes an unexplained jump onto the Baby Spice wagon because he was "convinced." Seanald asked him to elaborate, and he deflected by asking Seanald a question that he had to answer before Syry would reveal what was so convincing. Eventually Syry does explain why, but Baby Spice refutes all of his points, calls him scummy for the way he posted it, and then replaces out. Syry never brings it up again. And now I'm scummy for "chainsaw defending" Baby Spice by asking Syry to justify his wagon hop? What am I defending the slot from, exactly? Everyone unvoted her after she replaced out.
In post 2270, Desperado wrote:
In post 2262, Cephrir wrote: the confirmation bias point has to mean you think Nacho is town. That's how you solve the apparent contradiction between thezmon's posts. If you insist that you hadn't flipped your read on Nacho, give how convinced those posts seemed, yeah, you're scum.
No. It. Doesn't. Is there any evidence is this thread,
anywhere
, where I say that my scumread on Nacho has gone away? That does not have to do with me saying he is using confirmation bias? No, because it doesn't exist, I don't think that, and you and Bulb and Nacho are using an incredibly narrow definition of confirmation bias, and what it means to say that another player is using it, to tell
me
what
I
meant when I said it, and thus justify voting me because you
don't have any other relevant reasons to do so.
So what you're saying is that Nacho, Cephrir, Thez, B&B, myself, and who knows how many others who have experience in such matters are wrong, and you are right? Do you know how ignorant that makes you sound?

From the Mafiascum wiki: "Confirmation Bias or Tunnel Vision is when a player becomes convinced by their own arguments by virtue of how long or how strong they hold them." Scum cannot be convinced by their own argument, since they already know it to be false. Therefore, the only ones who could would be town. You said that Nacho was suffering from confirmation bias. Ergo, you called Nacho town. How clearer can I make it?

If you don't get it now, you are clearly not trying to, which means you are scum, and any future posts from you refuting this matter should be treated as scum posting.
Where did I ever say you guys are
wrong?
I've maintained from the start that my definition and yours are different, and you have done nothing but tell me what I meant when I said something.

And your assertion that "scum cannot be convinced by their own argument, since they already know it to be false" when their survival in the game depends on appearing to be town without alignment knowledge is just astounding. Thez
just admitted
that he's done what I did as town, and then somehow comes to the conclusion that I must be scum for doing it. How am I supposed to take that seriously?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 2249, mastin2 wrote:I checked--we're the third-longest D1 ever on site, and counting. Yay, us?
Oh my god, it's still day one. :facepalm:

Ok if deadline is in 6 days, that might be a bit tight. I see that Desperado, penguin_alien and nachomamma are the three leading votees. Can someone/s be kind enough to explain the cases on each of them?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Bacde...
In post 2216, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2198, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Nacho, where was my town waffle and where did I connect that town-read to your scum-read?
In post 1785, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Oversoul has been, and still is, a town-read but Nacho's waffle on him is strange.
Talk about your mindset here more.
???
In post 2198, Amethyst Kitty wrote:A whole lot of your early game play was more about speculation than it was about actually getting the game going. Your push on OS is different from your push on HD because you didn't vote HD for the PJO claim, though you immediately voted OS for the "useless Claim" which I clearly saw as a gambit to catch scum.

Beyond that, Mala felt something off in your early posts. she stated something along the lines of "it was all over the place" and we both agree that we could trust mollie on her read of you
Why did it take you so long to mention mollie?
umm...

good question, I'll get back to you on this later... Maybe
In post 2198, Amethyst Kitty wrote:I'm not seeing where Slandaaar is coming from in regards to Thor, I want clarification there

I kinda want to call the exchance TvT though.
explain this.
Slands case on Thor looks extremely, extremely genuine like, I can't even fathom how genuine it looks.

Thor's responses look equally genuine, and it seems like he is trying to wrap his head around on what Slands case on him is. His responses hold alot of questions and alot of justifications, but at the same time it looks kinda defensive but I can't differentiate between it being scum-defensiveness or town-defensiveness

I'm unsure of Penguin and I don't think I can jump onto Nacho despite my early suspicion on him so

VOTE: Desp

~Mara

<<< I, uh, *think* that this post merely had an extra "/quote" tag which wasn't needed, so I removed it. If I'm wrong and this is still broken, please tell me. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Thu May 23, 2013 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:34 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2273, Red Ryu wrote:
In post 2267, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 2249, mastin2 wrote:I checked--we're the third-longest D1 ever on site, and counting. Yay, us?
What this means is that we need to quit dithering and decide on a lynch.

EddieFenix and Amethyst Kitty need to place a vote. Now.

ThAdmiral, PeregrineV, and penguin_alien are replacements and therefore get a grace period. But I encourage them to catch up and vote.

fuzzybutternut, Nero Cain, Slandaar, & BeautyAndTheBeast either need to make a very moving case to build their wagon, or move their vote.

Enough arguing. Let's lynch.
Lynch the slot, not the player.

If the previous player was scummy, that slot is still scummy.

Good advice from the best mafia player I have ever played with.
You read it wrong. I'm saying that they have the only good reason for not having a vote on someone right now, but they need to rectify that as soon as possible.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:54 am

Post by mastin2 »

Fuzzybutternut requested replacement. Now searching

Edit:
Haylen takes the spot in record time.

Also, I'm showing symptoms of a fever. This means I might be knocked out of commission tomorrow. Add in my weekend V/LA and Memorial Day, and it is possible I will not be posting until the day of the deadline. (Tuesday.)

...Thankfully, having the foresight that such complications may arise is
precisely
why AngryPidgeon is a co-mod rather than backup mod. :P

He is fully capable of filling in for me if it is deemed necessary. So don't assume you'll be getting away with rulebreaking.

That said, though...

-
Friendly reminder to send anything to
both
AngryPidgeon and myself
. Anything from a replacement request to a question to a report of what you perceive as rulebreaking to (if the day ends over the weekend) night actions. Failure to do so might mean that your PM takes longer to process, if it's processed at all.

-
Prods will not be delivered over the weekend
owing to Memorial Day weekend. However, as long as day continues, we'll still be handing out pokes to inactive players and making said pokes public, so if you go two days without posting, you'll get publicly shamed, and you don't want that. :P

Anyway, this'll be a votecount soon.

Forty-seventh Votecount
:
(
AKA, the "The town is doomed" votecount
)

Desperado - 6 (Cephrir, ArcAngel9, Thor665, Bulbazak, Syryana, Amethyst Kitty)

Nachomamma8 - 4 (Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Desperado, Bacde)

penguin_alien - 4 (Nachomamma8, Kublai Khan, Red Ryu, Om the Destroyer)
Haylen - 2 (thezmon221, Oversoul)
Om the Destroyer - 1 (Haylen)
BeautyAndTheBeast - 1 (Nero Cain)
Thor665 - 1 (Slandaar)
Nero Cain - 1 (BeautyAndTheBeast)

Not Voting - 4 (ThAdmiral, EddieFenix, PeregrineV, penguin_alien)

With
players alive, it's
to lynch.

If deadline were to hit now, Desperado would be lynched.

New deadline is Tuesday, May 28th, @ 12:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-28 12:31:59).

Nero Cain is V/LA until Thursday, May 23rd.
Haylen is finishing her final exams.
Thor665 is on V/LA until Sunday, May 26th.

Spoiler: changes from last official votecount
Desperado - 6 (Cephrir,
Om the Destroyer
, ArcAngel9, Thor665, Bulbazak,
Syryana
Amethyst Kitty
)
penguin_alien - 4 (Nachomamma8,
Syryana
, Kublai Khan, Red Ryu,
Om the Destroyer
)
Nachomamma8 - 4 (Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Desperado, Bacde)
fuzzybutternut
Haylen - 2 (thezmon221, Oversoul)
BeautyAndTheBeast - 1 (Nero Cain)
Om the Destroyer - 1 (
fuzzybutternut
Haylen)
Thor665 - 1 (Slandaar)
Nero Cain - 1 (BeautyAndTheBeast)

Not Voting - 4 (ThAdmiral, EddieFenix,
Amethyst Kitty
, PeregrineV, penguin_alien)

Spoiler: Player Vote History
Mac | thezmon221: Red Ryu | fuzzybutternut
CrashTextDummie: Oversoul->DLG->Nachomamma8
Cephrir: Oversoul->BeautyAndTheBeast->Unvote->fuzzybutternut->Desperado
Nachomamma8: Oversoul->Desperado->Baby Spice
DLG | PeregrineV: ArcAngel9 | Unvote
Nero Cain: Oversoul->EddieFenix->Oversoul->Nachomamma8->BeautyAndTheBeast
Bacde: Nachomamma8->BeautyAndTheBeast->EddieFenix->Nachomamma8->Desperado->ArcAngel9->Nachomamma8
EddieFenix: BeautyAndTheBeast->Bulbazak->Nachomamma8->Unvote
Bulbazak: Oversoul->Om the Destroyer->Red Ryu->Bacde->Desperado
Thor665: Red Ryu->BeautyAndTheBeast->Red Ryu
Red Ryu: Nachomamma8->penguin_alien (Baby Spice)
Syryana: Red Ryu->ArcAngel9->Desperado->Baby Spice->Desperado
Desperado: DLG->Nachomamma8->ArcAngel9->Nachomamma8
Baby Spice | penguin_alien: Red Ryu->Cephrir->Nachomamma8 | Unvote
Slandaar: Nachomamma8->Thor665
Oversoul: Red Ryu->Nachomamma8->fuzzybutternut
Seanald: Nachomamma8
ActionDan
Hanzo_5
ThAdmiral:
fuzzybutternut | Haylen: Oversoul->Cephrir->Bulbazak->Om the Desroyer |
Kublai Khan: BeautyAndTheBeast->Red Ryu->Oversoul->Baby Spice
Amethyst Kitty: Nachomamma8->Cephrir->Nachomamma8->Unvote->Desperado
BeautyAndTheBeast: Cephrir->Nachomamma8->Unvote->Cephrir->Nachomamma8->Unvote->Cephrir->Nachomamma8->Cephrir->Nachomamma8->Unvote->Oversoul->Nachomamma8->Nero Cain
Om the Destroyer: Red Ryu->BeautyAndTheBeast->Bulbazak->Bacde->Bulbazak->Bacde->Nachomamma8->Desperado->penguin_alien
ArcAngel9: Red Ryu->Desperado

Spoiler: Voting History
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 12:43p,
Oversoul
votes
Red Ryu
in post 202.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 12:47p,
Nachomamma8
votes
Oversoul
in post 206.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 01:08p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
Oversoul
in post 211.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 01:32p,
Nero Cain
votes
Oversoul
in post 218.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 01:37p,
Cephrir
votes
Oversoul
in post 219.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 02:45p,
Bulbazak
votes
Oversoul
in post 237.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 02:56p,
Om the Destroyer
votes
Red Ryu
in post 250.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 04:58p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Cephrir
in post 301.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 05:38p,
Om the Destroyer
unvotes
Red Ryu
and votes
BeautyAndTheBeast
in post 323.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 05:42p,
Cephrir
unvotes
Oversoul
and votes
BeautyAndTheBeast
in post 327.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 07:04p,
fuzzybutternut
votes
Oversoul
in post 361.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 07:42p,
Bacde
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 388.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 08:14p,
Bacde
votes
BeautyAndTheBeast
in post 406.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 08:36p,
fuzzybutternut
votes
Cephrir
in post 414.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 08:43p,
EddieFenix
votes
BeautyAndTheBeast
in post 415.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 08:58p,
Nero Cain
votes
EddieFenix
in post 418.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 09:08p,
Red Ryu
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 423.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 09:13p,
Bacde
votes
EddieFenix
in post 427.
On Mon, May 5/06/13 @ 09:55p,
Nero Cain
votes
Oversoul
in post 564.
On Tue, May 5/07/13 @ 09:23a,
DLG
votes
ArcAngel9
in post 494.
On Tue, May 5/07/13 @ 06:14p,
Bacde
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 587.
On Tue, May 5/07/13 @ 08:41p,
Thor665
votes
Red Ryu
in post 600.
On Tue, May 5/07/13 @ 09:12p,
Nero Cain
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 614.
On Tue, May 5/07/13 @ 09:26p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 620.
On Tue, May 5/07/13 @ 09:43p,
Amethyst Kitty
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 626.
On Tue, May 5/07/13 @ 10:19p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
unvotes
Nachomamma8
in post 631.
On Tue, May 5/07/13 @ 11:09p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Cephrir
in post 637.
On Wed, May 5/08/13 @ 00:46a,
Om the Destroyer
votes
Bulbazak
in post 654.
On Wed, May 5/08/13 @ 00:58a,
Bulbazak
votes
Om the destroyer
in post 657.
On Wed, May 5/08/13 @ 04:56p,
fuzzybutternut
votes
Bulbazak
in post 734.
On Wed, May 5/08/13 @ 05:57p,
Baby Spice
votes
Red Ryu
in post 749.
On Wed, May 5/08/13 @ 07:02p,
Desperado
votes
DLG
in post 765.
On Thu, May 5/09/13 @ 12:31p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 875.
On Thu, May 5/09/13 @ 01:12p,
EddieFenix
unvotes
BeautyAndTheBeast
and votes
Bulbazak
in post 885.
On Thu, May 5/09/13 @ 04:33p,
Mac
votes
Red Ryu
in post 915.
On Thu, May 5/09/13 @ 07:49p,
Bulbazak
unvotes
Om the Destroyer
and votes
Red Ryu
in post 938.
On Fri, May 5/10/13 @ 00:27p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
DLG
in post 958.
On Fri, May 5/10/13 @ 05:39p,
Syryana
votes
Red Ryu
in post 968.
On Fri, May 5/10/13 @ 02:25p,
Slandaar
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1008.
On Sat, May 5/11/13 @ 11:55a,
Desperado
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1102.
On Sat, May 5/11/13 @ 03:15p,
EddieFenix
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1123.
On Sat, May 5/11/13 @ 09:47p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
unvotes
Nachomamma8
in post 1186.
On Sun, May 5/12/13 @ 06:19a,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Cephrir
in post 1196.
On Sun, May 5/12/13 @ 06:45a,
Baby Spice
votes
Cephrir
in post 1197.
On Mon, May 5/13/13 @ 00:47a,
Nachomamma8
votes
Desperado
in post 1265.
On Mon, May 5/13/13 @ 07:53a,
Cephrir
unvotes
BeautyAndTheBeast
in post 1275.
On Mon, May 5/13/13 @ 09:38a,
EddieFenix
unvotes
Nachomamma8
in pst 1289.
On Mon, May 5/13/13 @ 07:37p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1359.
On Mon, May 5/13/13 @ 10:54p,
Kublai Khan
votes
BeautyAndTheBeast
in post 1379.
On Tue, May 5/14/13 @ 00:29a,
Om the Destroyer
votes
Bacde
in post 1382.
On Tue, May 5/14/13 @ 03:00p,
thezmon221
votes
fuzzybutternut
in post 1410.
On Tue, May 5/14/13 @ 03:10p,
Cephrir
votes
fuzzybutternut
in post 1416.
On Tue, May 5/14/13 @ 06:43p,
Om the Destroyer
unvotes
Bacde
and votes
Bulbazak
in post 1454.
On Tue, May 5/14/13 @ 06:43p,
Om the Destroyer
votes
Bacde
in post 1455.
On Tue, May 5/14/13 @ 08:43p,
Thor665
unvotes
Red Ryu
and votes
BeautyAndTheBeast
in post 1467.
On Tue, May 5/14/13 @ 08:56p,
Amethyst Kitty
votes
Cephrir
in post 1468.
On Tue, May 5/14/13 @ 09:34p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Cephrir
in post 1471.
On Wed, May 5/15/13 @ 10:19p,
Seanald
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1545.
On Thu, May 5/16/13 @ 10:48a,
Oversoul
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1575.
On Thu, May 5/16/13 @ 05:22p,
CrashTextDummie
unvotes
DLG
and votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1602.
On Thu, May 5/16/13 @ 05:24p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1603.
On Thu, May 5/16/13 @ 05:41p,
Bulbazak
unvotes
Red Ryu
and votes
Bacde
in post 1606.
On Thu, May 5/16/13 @ 05:58p,
ArcAngel9
votes
Red Ryu
in post 1610.
On Thu, May 5/16/13 @ 07:37p,
Amethyst Kitty
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1617.
On Fri, May 5/17/13 @ 03:01a,
BeautyAndTheBeast
unvotes
Nachomamma8
in post 1631.
On Fri, May 5/17/13 @ 10:45a,
Oversoul
votes
fuzzybutternut
in post 1655.
On Sat, May 5/18/13 @ 01:44p,
Syryana
votes
ArcAngel9
in post 1752.
On Sat, May 5/18/13 @ 01:57p,
Desperado
unvotes
Nachomamma8
and votes
ArcAngel9
in post 1754.
On Sat, May 5/18/13 @ 05:05p,
Fuzzybutternut
votes
Om the Destroyer
in post 1771.
On Sat, May 5/18/13 @ 05:59p,
Om the Destroyer
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1778.
On Sat, May 5/18/13 @ 07:17p,
Amethyst Kitty
unvotes
Nachomamma8
in post 1784.
On Sat, May 5/18/13 @ 08:45p,
Baby Spice
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1787.
On Sat, May 5/18/13 @ 10:18p,
Kublai Khan
votes
Red Ryu
in post 1790.
On Sun, May 5/19/13 @ 07:39a,
Kublai Khan
votes
Oversoul
in post 1810.
On Sun, May 5/19/13 @ 08:15a,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Oversoul
in post 1815.
On Sun, May 5/19/13 @ 11:34a,
Thor665
unvotes
BeautyAndTheBeast
and votes
Red Ryu
in post 1837.
On Sun, May 5/19/13 @ 01:04p,
Nero Cain
votes
BeautyAndTheBeast
in post 1855.
On Sun, May 5/19/13 @ 04:33p,
Syryana
votes
Desperado
in post 1870.
On Sun, May 5/19/13 @ 06:43p,
Cephrir
votes
Desperado
in post 1881.
On Sun, May 5/19/13 @ 11:59p,
Om the Destroyer
votes
Desperado
in post 1906.
On Mon, May 5/20/13 @ 01:18a,
Desperado
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1914.
On Mon, May 5/20/13 @ 11:09a,
ArcAngel9
unvotes
Red Ryu
and votes
Desperado
in post 1956.
On Mon, May 5/20/13 @ 02:52p,
PeregrineV
unvotes
ArcAngel9
in post 1984.
On Mon, May 5/20/13 @ 04:25p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 1989.
On Mon, May 5/20/13 @ 07:49p,
Bacde
votes
Desperado
in post 2037.
On Mon, May 5/20/13 @ 08:03p,
Thor665
unvotes
Red Ryu
and votes
Desperado
in post 2041.
On Tue, May 5/21/13 @ 00:30p,
Bulbazak
unvotes
Bacde
and votes
Desperado
in post 2073.
On Tue, May 5/21/13 @ 05:29a,
Slandaar
votes
Thor665
in post 2075.
On Tue, May 5/21/13 @ 03:22p,
Bacde
votes
ArcAngel9
in post 2145.
On Tue, May 5/21/13 @ 07:36p,
BeautyAndTheBeast
votes
Nero Cain
in post 2166.
On Tue, May 5/21/13 @ 10:21p,
Nachomamma8
votes
Baby Spice
in post 2179.
On Wed, May 5/22/13 @ 03:04a,
Syryana
votes
Baby Spice
in post 2197.
On Wed, May 5/22/13 @ 07:16a,
Kublai Khan
votes
Baby Spice
in post 2209.
On Wed, May 5/22/13 @ 09:13a,
Red Ryu
votes
Baby Spice
(penguin_alien) in post 2215.
On Wed, May 5/22/13 @ 10:19a,
penguin_alien
unvotes
Nachomamma8
in post 2220.
On Wed, May 5/22/13 @ 02:13p,
Bade
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 2235.
On Wed, May 5/22/13 @ 09:57p,
Syryana
unvotes
penguin_alien
and votes
Desperado
in post 2257.
On Thu, May 5/23/13 @ 00:59a,
Om the Destroyer
votes
penguin_alien
in post 2275.
On Thu, May 5/23/13 @ 04:44a,
Amethyst Kitty
votes
Desperado
in post 2279.
Last edited by mastin2 on Thu May 23, 2013 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:41 am

Post by Haylen »

Unvote

For now.

Also hi, my last exam is tomorrow with some more at the end of August if we take that long.

May I request a summary of the Desparado/Nacho/Penguin cases with appropriate links ect.

Yes I plan on reading all 92 pages.

Please refrain from asking questions regarding my predecessors actions at least until I've read the thread.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:52 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2282, Haylen wrote:May I request a summary of the Desparado/Nacho/Penguin cases with appropriate links ect.
Desperado:

Nachomamma8:

penguin_alien (formerly Baby Spice):

I also heartily suggest a wagon on Oversoul:

This game has an insanely long and unhelpful Day 1. I am trying to push people towards compromise lynchings.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:56 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ryu, why were you so fixated on the fact that I was voting you when you were supporting me earlier?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:02 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2278, ThAdmiral wrote:
Oh my god, it's still day one. :facepalm:

Ok if deadline is in 6 days, that might be a bit tight. I see that Desperado, penguin_alien and nachomamma are the three leading votees. Can someone/s be kind enough to explain the cases on each of them?
No wonder I want to kill myself in this game.

:]
Red Ryu
Red Ryu
Goon
Red Ryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Red Ryu »

In post 2281, mastin2 wrote:Also, I'm showing symptoms of a fever. This means I might be knocked out of commission tomorrow. Add in my weekend V/LA and Memorial Day, and it is possible I will not be posting until the day of the deadline. (Tuesday.)
Feel better soon. :(

<<< Already am. So long as I don't get too cocky, my recovery should be swift. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Thu May 23, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Ryu
Red Ryu
Goon
Red Ryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:04 am

Post by Red Ryu »

In post 2284, Oversoul wrote:Ryu, why were you so fixated on the fact that I was voting you when you were supporting me earlier?
You haven't been moving your vote around, it was sitting on me for the longest time with really no sense of direction anywhere else in terms of what you were looking at.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2277, Desperado wrote:
In post 2268, Desperado wrote: 4)
In post 1169, Nachomamma8 wrote:He was willing to defend his idea when he got a little traction, and when that traction ran out, he still found something more from it. He also easily found other things to look at and didn't stall in coming up with scumreads and townreads, regardless of his massclaiming shenanigans
The only substantial case CTD has come up with to that point was on DLG, so what else was he talking about here if not that? Why did he lie about it when he said "CTD's case on DLG had absolutely nothing to do with my townread on him" and then backtrack later and say that it was "the way CTD pushed his case?"
Nacho is talking about CTD's massclaim idea, and how he used it to scumhunt afterwards.
No he isn't. "He also easily found other things to look at and didn't stall in coming up with scumreads and townreads, regardlass of his massclaiming shenanigans." This is Nacho explicitly referring to CTD's reads that did NOT stem from his massclaim analysis, and the only one that fits that description is his case on DLG.
In post 1169, Nachomamma8 wrote: CTD also seems fairly town so far, although his reasons for being town are a hell of a lot easier to explain. I've seen him push the massclaim idea before as scum, and this is a different beast entirely. I like that he followed up on it after I started easing up a lot (mostly his analysis), and the way his townread on me formed and then weakened a little bit was extremely transparent and townish. He was willing to defend his idea when he got a little traction, and when that traction ran out, he still found something more from it. He also easily found other things to look at and didn't stall in coming up with scumreads and townreads, regardless of his massclaiming shenanigans. He's probably town.
*Buzz* Wrong. Nacho's read on CTD completely centered on his massclaim push. At no point does Nacho mention anything but CTD's use, reactions, and reads from massclaim. When he said "he was willing to defend his idea when he got a little traction", he was referring to the massclaim, as is everything else in this paragraph. Basic reading comprehension. Thanks for playing.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: He wasn't being inconsistent?!?! I've pointed out multiple times where he was inconsistent, but I'll do it again: when I responded the first time he said "CTD's case on DLG had absolutely nothing to do with my townread on him"
Because it didn't.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: and later he said "It wasn't just the case, it was the way he was pushing the case."
In post 1640, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1509, Desperado wrote:If his case on DLG was good enough to prove to you that he was doing other things and coming up with scumreads, and it was very similar to mine, why is he a townread and me a scumread?
It wasn't his case on DLG alone. He's pushed DLG in a way that's better than the way you pushed it. Reads are much more than one case. Stop asking these questions because they are scummy as hell.
You were trying to draw a connection between your read of DLG and CTD's read of DLG. Of course he said that, because he had to explain why they were different, even though that was not part of his townread on CTD in the first place. The fact is, you tried to make it an issue.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: What is this besides inconsistency?
You strawmanning him, and then using his response to misrep him. There is no inconsistency in his statements.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: Syry makes an unexplained jump onto the Baby Spice wagon because he was "convinced."
Not unexplained. I thought the reason for the jump was fairly evident. Baby Spice made a scummy argument against Nacho, which Syryana later countered. It doesn't take much to see that and then vote. I was about to do the same thing.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: Seanald asked him to elaborate, and he deflected by asking Seanald a question that he had to answer before Syry would reveal what was so convincing.
Seanald's been lurking something fierce and making potshots. He's not contributed to this game at all. It is not uncalled for to add pressure to him by asking for scum reads, which Seanald should have been providing anyway. It would be an easy question on Seanald's part to answer, which means that Syryana was not deflecting.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: Eventually Syry does explain why, but Baby Spice refutes all of his points
I wouldn't call that refutation.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: calls him scummy for the way he posted it
Which it was not. Syryana uses spoilers and writes in quotes in other games. It's a null tell, and looks more like mudflinging on BS's part more than anything else.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: and then replaces out. Syry never brings it up again.
Of course not. Doing so would be a waste of time.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: And now I'm scummy for "chainsaw defending" Baby Spice by asking Syry to justify his wagon hop?
You never asked him to justify his hop. You accused him of being scummy for it. There's a difference.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: What am I defending the slot from, exactly?
If she's your scumbuddy, a lynch.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: Everyone unvoted her after she replaced out.

Not true. Only Syryana unvoted her, and that still wasn't immediate. Her wagon actually increased after she replaced out.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: Where did I ever say you guys are
wrong?
Every time you disagreed with us on the point and argued against the definition of the term. Stop backpedaling.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: I've maintained from the start that my definition and yours are different
It's not MY definition. It's THE definition. What something is doesn't change, because you want it to. What, do you go outside, see a rabbit and say, "That's not a rabbit. That's a magical plinkle fairy, and you can't tell me I'm wrong, because I'm not using YOUR definition." We might as well throw our dictionaries away then, right?
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: And your assertion that "scum cannot be convinced by their own argument, since they already know it to be false" when their survival in the game depends on appearing to be town without alignment knowledge is just astounding.
:facepalm: If scum have the memory of a gold fish, then you are absolutely correct.
In post 2277, Desperado wrote: Thez
just admitted
that he's done what I did as town, and then somehow comes to the conclusion that I must be scum for doing it.
He's admitted to realizing that the person he's arguing with was suffering from confirmation bias. At no point did he say that he was arguing with a scumread, realized they were suffering from confirmation bias (thus making them town), and then continued to call them scum. In fact, he found you scummy for doing just that (which was my entire point).
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:46 am

Post by Desperado »

Bulb, if you're going to play the reading comprehension card, then what does this mean:

"He also easily found other things to look at and didn't stall in coming up with scumreads and townreads, regardless of his massclaiming shenanigans."

Please enlighten me as to what this means and what Nacho was referring to.

Furthermore... "You never asked him to justify his hop. You accused him of being scummy for it. There's a difference."
In post 2259, Desperado wrote:And then are saved from ever having to address it by a) seanald not first answering your asinine question, and b) Baby Spice replacing out.
So what convinced you that Spice was scum?
Please take your own advice, including this:
You said wrote:These posts fit with the pattern that he's established of arguing a point into the ground in an attempt to find any little way to discredit the opposing argument. His points in these cases never change, even if they've been disproven. It seems to be a way to turn the argument into pure noise so that town stops paying attention, and in so doing, discredit the argument itself and make it go away. As such, I believe that I've explained my points as well as I can, and I'm going to attempt to move on. If he wants to actually discuss the merits of the case and/or bring up something new concerning the current one, then I will engage, but if he is just going to run the same old points into the ground, I, as well as the town, am better off ignoring him.
Based on your play in this game, you seem to revel in the nitty gritty, arguing things into the ground style of play, and it's just weird to see this in your ISO and then...the rest of your ISO, which is almost exclusively long, drawn out arguments that never amount to anything (with myself, Om, bacde, Ryu, etc.) You're always right, and you don't argue case merit, you argue word choice, semantics, and logical fallacies and then call it scumhunting.

I bet you're wrong a lot, aren't you? Not everyone is an automaton...players are guaranteed to make mistakes as either alignment, get caught in your web of neverending quote boxes and buzzwords, and eventually just give up under the sheer weight of it all. But your conscience is clean because you went by the book.

@ Kublai Khan: I'd be willing to vote OS with you. The Nacho wagon hasn't gotten a new vote in over a week, so I no longer consider him a viable candidate for today, so:

Unvote
Vote: Oversoul

<<< Fixed quote tags. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Thu May 23, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2265, Bacde wrote:
In post 2256, Cephrir wrote:Bacde make up your mind, holy balls. You may be either bipolar or disturbingly good at pretending to be bipolar.
nice attempt to discredit me by using a reference to mental disorders

does being bipolar affect nacho being scum in any way?
It wouldn't if he was scum and I think you've already done a nice job of discrediting yourself without my help :P
In post 2270, Desperado wrote:
In post 2262, Cephrir wrote:@Desp 2259, in which I should use quote blocks but don't feel like it:
Syryana is not deflecting in 2200. The only one looking bad after "the Baby Spice fiasco" is Baby Spice, and maaaaaybe Red Ryu.

the confirmation bias point has to mean you think Nacho is town. That's how you solve the apparent contradiction between thezmon's posts. If you insist that you hadn't flipped your read on Nacho, give how convinced those posts seemed, yeah, you're scum.

We understand your reasoning for voting Arc in a vacuum, it just doesn't make sense in context, where you were hardcore sold on Nacho. Your confirmation bias points read as backing down or admitting you're scum. It's hard for me to get something other than one of those things out of them. I am always wary of the 'scumslip' theory, as I don't think I've ever seen one be correct, but without this point the case on you is still easily solid enough to have my vote.
No. It. Doesn't. Is there any evidence is this thread,
anywhere
, where I say that my scumread on Nacho has gone away? That does not have to do with me saying he is using confirmation bias? No, because it doesn't exist, I don't think that, and you and Bulb and Nacho are using an incredibly narrow definition of confirmation bias, and what it means to say that another player is using it, to tell
me
what
I
meant when I said it, and thus justify voting me because you
don't have any other relevant reasons to do so.
Bulb has already pretty much addressed this but you can't just change what words mean. I think you are probably trying to backpedal on this point.
In post 2273, Red Ryu wrote:
Lynch the slot, not the player.

If the previous player was scummy, that slot is still scummy.

Good advice from the best mafia player I have ever played with.
This is true, but the presence of a replacement can also give us more information (we get to try reading another player in the same slot- if they both turn out to be scummy, that carries more weight than if it was just one player; if not, if might have been the player).
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, I forgot to add, I have plenty of other reasons for voting you. They're all over the thread and I believe I've posted some of them myself. If the confirmation bias point was the only reason for my vote I wouldn't be voting you.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2287, Red Ryu wrote:
In post 2284, Oversoul wrote:Ryu, why were you so fixated on the fact that I was voting you when you were supporting me earlier?
You haven't been moving your vote around, it was sitting on me for the longest time with really no sense of direction anywhere else in terms of what you were looking at.
Why me in particular? Thor hadn't moved his vote up to that point either.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2289, Desperado wrote:Bulb, if you're going to play the reading comprehension card, then what does this mean:

"He also easily found other things to look at and didn't stall in coming up with scumreads and townreads, regardless of his massclaiming shenanigans."
"He didn't just push the massclaim and then do nothing else. He actively engaged in the thread and was able to scumhunt and find scumreads and townreads."

It is referring to CTD actively engaging in the thread, instead of just being generally useless after his massclaim push (unlike Oversoul).

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

Desperado wrote:I bet you're wrong a lot, aren't you? Not everyone is an automaton...players are guaranteed to make mistakes as either alignment, get caught in your web of neverending quote boxes and buzzwords, and eventually just give up under the sheer weight of it all. But your conscience is clean because you went by the book.
This is among the silliest points you have made and that's saying a lot. Desperate much?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:07 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2293, Bulbazak wrote:(unlike Oversoul).
Hello!

I think Bulb is town his pushes are transparent and have good reasoning.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:09 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2295, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2293, Bulbazak wrote:(unlike Oversoul).
Hello!

I think Bulb is town his pushes are transparent and have good reasoning.
I call, and he answers. I might try this again later if I need him to magically appear.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:09 am

Post by Haylen »

Oversoul, babycakes. Just since you're online why did you vote for fuzzybutt? Same for thez when he comes online.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

Haylen, read fuzzy's iso and then read this.
In post 1799, Cephrir wrote:It's hardly just a lurker lynch. Have you read his posts? Mindless bandwagon hops, total uselessness, and even manages to contradict himself despite never saying anything useful. (One post he's not sure what he thinks about me, a couple posts later he votes me with no explanation). I don't actually understand why he's been allowed to get away with making posts of "Vote: x" and nothing else, and if I recall correctly both times were sheeps not of the largest wagon but of the most recent vote above his. How can you sound more like you just want to lynch anyone but you than that?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

And this.
In post 1410, thezmon221 wrote:Alright, so now I'm going to wrap up this post with this:
VOTE: fuzzy

I don't like your overall mentality with the game at this point. You've been really dodgy this game. I don't find any value in any of your posts. Your reads are safer than OS's information was. Gut read? Really. Develop something. Try. Have AP Exams? Cool story bro, so do I. In fact, I have an exam on Thursday. You don't see me dodging the game and making useless third-party comments.

I feel fuzzy's gone unnoticed, and you should all notice him through my post. Cephrir's confrontation with him was a start. Oh, and I want a reads list from him too.
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”