NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Well, you could tell us what's scummy about it, or comment on the other 20-something players.

Spoiler: <<< mod-edited-votecount >>>
Nachomamma8 - 7 (Red Ryu, Bacde, Nero Cain, Slandaar, Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Amethyst Kitty)

fuzzybutternut - 3 (thezmon221, Cephrir, Oversoul)

ArcAngel9 - 3 (DLG, Syryana, Desperado)
Bacde - 2 (Om the Destroyer, Bulbazak)
BeautyAndTheBeast - 2 (Kublai Khan, Thor665)
Red Ryu - 1 (ArcAngel9)
Cephrir - 1 (Baby Spice)
Desperado - 1 (Nachomamma8)
Om the Destroyer - 1 (fuzzybutternut)

Not Voting - 3 (Hanzo_5, EddieFenix, BeautyAndTheBeast)

With
players alive, it's
to lynch.

Deadline is on Monday, May 27th, @ 11:30 AM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-27 11:31:59).

Red Ryu is V/LA from Friday, May 17th until Monday, May 20th.
At least half of the Amethyst Kitty hydra is V/LA until Tuesday, May 21st.
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon May 20, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Hey Ceph. I've read 3 pages of this damn game.

GTFO
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 1478, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm not exactly happy with my reads yet.
In post 1487, Nachomamma8 wrote:That's fucking stupid. I want you to follow my reads.
In post 1487, Nachomamma8 wrote:That's fucking stupid. I want you to follow my reads.
VOTE: Nacho
Om the Destroyer
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Om the Destroyer »

VOTE: Nacho
Both HD and I agree that this is a good move regardless of our different intentions.
I want Bacde lynched and if he's going to be willing to be lynched after this then so be it. HD still thinks Bacde is town but he thinks Nacho is scum. I still think Bacde could be scum regardless of Nacho's alignment though.
We also both agree that either fuzzy's scum or he's horrible town, regardless he shouldn't make it to endgame.
Hanzo is scum by virtue of Dan being scum, I've come from the same site as Dan and I'm almost 100% sure that it's not his town play. Also Dan lurking into being replaced is terrible when you consider that he regularly plays games with 72 hour deadlines without being replaced.
We both agree on AA9 being town.

~Pertayter
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by Bacde »

^^Nice

Hanzo tomorrow after nacho flips scum
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 1774, fuzzybutternut wrote:Varsoon is town because he's playing exactly like he did in his very first game, which I was scum in.
Who is Varsoon?
Bacde wrote:
You see... I know the context of these quotes, and the way you're perceiving them isn't right. He's not happy with a lot of his reads, but he does want people to follow his actual reads. Care to show me what reads he has explicitly contradicted himself with?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by Bacde »

thezmon if you haven't voted nacho by now you are never going to do it

stop pretending like you care what I have to say
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by Bacde »

the context of the second post is that we were having a quick back-and-forth discussion, and nacho got worked up in the heat of the moment and demanded that i follow his reads

he forgot completely that he is playing the "I'm not happy with my reads" game and acted indignant because generally thats a towntell

but not when you've already talked about how you don't like your reads
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 1781, Bacde wrote:thezmon if you haven't voted nacho by now you are never going to do it

stop pretending like you care what I have to say
Not true, actually. I was awaiting fuzzy's reds post and seeing what I gather from that before I decided if I actually wanted to take my vote off of him and paste it on Nacho. Doesn't mean I don't want an answer from you, nor does it mean that I don't want to see the integrity behind your case against Nacho.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

UNVOTE:

Angel,

Cephrir, Nacho, Ryu, Eddie, and possibly Hanzo are my scum reads. Ceph and Nacho are at the top of my list, though reading through his battle with Desp, and Bacde I'm slowly loosing that thought. He is making really good points on the two of them

Nero and Sladaar might be good to go after

My eyes glazed over Desp, though I am seeing Nacho's point in regards to him

and I'm town-reading

Oversoul, mollie/Jiffy and so is Mala, I'm vaguely town-reading Thor and Syry, Bacde is a decent town read, Om/HD is a town read, as are you, Fuzzy is Mala's town read, I think she still maintains that, you and CTD are decent town reads

and everyone else that I havn't mentioned havn't done anything to place an impression on me of any kind

of all the people who town read us, Zmon is the only one (I think) who had gave a reason to why so he might be town

Syry, I'm wary of deadline being a week away because of the fact that this is a large game and because I have had no lynches happen because people couldn't come to a consensus to who we should vote. With no lynches, we don't have a chance of getting scum.

Yes, It is just my half though plans have been canceled so I will be here least till sunday
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

I had a scum-read on Nacho because his push on OS wasn't a push I could really see coming from town. It looked entirely opportunistic, and his posting was all over the place, his mindset behind his opinions were a little hard to follow. I wasn't fond of his catch up in the slightest until he started making his case against Desperado and his defense of Disney Hydra looks similar to how he was defending a town read in a game where he flipped town.

Oversoul has been, and still is, a town-read but Nacho's waffle on him is strange.

~Mara, same for the above
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1760, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1758, Thor665 wrote:Big talk from the head dodging responding to me (whichever head this is - both of you wussbags are doing it)
But I bet this is Mollie (because I'd like to think Majiffy is too proud to say 'omg' like a little girl) and Mollie is the one "scumhunting" me as I understand it.
What exactly have
I
not responded to?
And I'm not scumhunting you because I have a town read on you. Mollie is the paranoid one on you and Bacde.
It is rather silly and scummy to force other people to deal with your split personalities as a hydra.
When mollie doesn't respond to something than YOU haven't responded to something.
Deal with it.

Also, Bacde is playing terribly - but he's still playing better than all the feebs sitting around not voting or voting single vote wagons at this stage of the game day.
Seriously now.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Vote Nacho

Since Bc asked so nicely.

Hey Fuzzy, this is not open 495.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Oh shit. :s
Sorry guys.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

That's 11 votes I think. The contradiction point is solid but everything else really isn't; I'm going to call the wagon mediocre and continue to pass.

<<< Actually, at this point it was only
votes. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon May 20, 2013 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

VOTE: Red Ryu

I've reached Page 59. This has been a tough mountain climb.

The Nachomamma8 wagon is a bad wagon. I mean, really bad. Now that I have a fuller grasp of the entire events of this game, it's mind-blowingly bad that Nachomamma8 is the biggest wagon right now. Everyone on the wagon (minus Bacde) needs to justify themselves right now.

Also: Is DLG V/LA? Why has he gone 10 days without a post?

<<< Because the mod is a derp. :P
DLG was prodded Friday, but had until today, Monday, to post. That time has expired, without a DLG post, and thus, DLG will be replaced. Again, my sincere apologies for the moderator oversight. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon May 20, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1789, Cephrir wrote:That's 11 votes I think. The contradiction point is solid but everything else really isn't; I'm going to call the wagon mediocre and continue to pass.
:neutral:

Who are you voting again and why?
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 1786, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1760, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1758, Thor665 wrote:Big talk from the head dodging responding to me (whichever head this is - both of you wussbags are doing it)
But I bet this is Mollie (because I'd like to think Majiffy is too proud to say 'omg' like a little girl) and Mollie is the one "scumhunting" me as I understand it.
What exactly have
I
not responded to?
And I'm not scumhunting you because I have a town read on you. Mollie is the paranoid one on you and Bacde.
It is rather silly and scummy to force other people to deal with your split personalities as a hydra.
When mollie doesn't respond to something than YOU haven't responded to something.
Deal with it.

Also, Bacde is playing terribly -
but he's still playing better than all the feebs sitting around not voting or voting single vote wagons at this stage of the game day
Seriously now.
wrt the bold: do you people see this thor's vote is on us but he is whining that people are voting wagons that aren't going anywhere I mean omg the irony. mebbe hypocrisy is a towntell for him I dunno

@ thor

I left you alone cos majiffy yelled at me in gchat and I didn't want to get in the way of you 2's bromance. I have you as scum and majiffy has you as town. you can also drop that patronising condescending tone with me you know perfectly well that I am not going wilt under your bullying I am pretty much immune. I will dig up the post where you voted us and see if you actually asked any questions or if it was all hot air that had nothing to do with the reality of the game. I don't really remember you asking any questions but I will look. also did you read my meta case on nacho? it is pretty brilliant IMO.

@ bc

you are my strongest town read like if you are scum I am going to have the most epic meltdown of all time and that is saying a lot cos I have had some seriously epic meltdowns. you are thinking exactly what I am thinking at exactly the same time in the game thread and it is pretty spooky. I am not going to lie, I feel really squeamish about lynching nacho cos I adore him and the only entertainment that will be left will be arguing with thor but even that will probably get boring and tedious. nero has potential. but I will probably move my vote to nacho only so that majiffy can move it somewhere else lol

I think the biggest thing with nacho is that he said he knows he is not playing to his meta and doesn't blame us for thinking what we are thinking. he looked good in the desperado exchange and I will probably have to go back and reread those pages. I dunno.

I want to try triangulating with you with either slaandar or nero and see what that feels like. if they are town then we have a good core group if not we can work from there

also nero and I had a moment in the chatroom over both of us eating leftover pizza for breakfast mebbe he won't be quite so mean to me now, lol.

still unsure on syrana she felt like she could have been coming from town or scum during our exchange.

dunno about arc. I used to be able to read her but she did such a completely fucked thing in a recent game that made zero sense.

fuzzy gets lynched in nearly every game he plays in lol. right now he is shutting down and it looks more like scum fuzzy (I only have 1 game to base that off of and he subbed in to a player who was like L1 or L2 or something) but he needs to be more productive. hey I was in ap classes too back in the day passed both of them but they were english and english lit and at that point you either know how to write an essay in a timed format or you don't but I can see how it can be stressful. he would be the compromise lynch for me

eta: kublai you didn't read my meta case did you :(
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1791, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1789, Cephrir wrote:That's 11 votes I think. The contradiction point is solid but everything else really isn't; I'm going to call the wagon mediocre and continue to pass.

You could have spent 5 seconds ISOing me but you decided to spend those 5 seconds asking a condescending question?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1792, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:wrt the bold: do you people see this thor's vote is on us but he is whining that people are voting wagons that aren't going anywhere I mean omg the irony. mebbe hypocrisy is a towntell for him I dunno
And at that point in time I was on a wagon with two votes - which...y'know, I wasn't complaining about. Maybe you should look up what hypocrisy means?
In post 1792, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:I left you alone cos majiffy yelled at me in gchat and I didn't want to get in the way of you 2's bromance.
That's funny - he said he was not reading what you were saying and was letting you run with it.
Is one of you lying, or am I misunderstanding something?
In post 1792, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:I have you as scum and majiffy has you as town. you can also drop that patronising condescending tone with me you know perfectly well that I am not going wilt under your bullying I am pretty much immune.
As I recall, i got you to "wilt" once before. So, I'm not sure why I'm supposed to perfectly know that you won't. Next thing you know you'll be telling me I can't call you a liar.
In post 1792, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:also did you read my meta case on nacho? it is pretty brilliant IMO.
I, sadly, consider this in line with town Nacho. It may or may not also be in line with scum Nacho, but from recent experiences I don't currently find it out of whack.
In post 1793, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1791, Thor665 wrote:

You could have spent 5 seconds ISOing me but you decided to spend those 5 seconds asking a condescending question?
Yep/

So who are you voting and why again?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Sorry bro but if you want to attack me I'm not gonna help you do it
Bartleby the Scrivener
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

So, you're saying if you explain your vote and reasoning it will look really weak compared to what you were just mocking about the Nacho wagon and I could attack you over it?
Seems like I don't need to get you to provide that info if you're going to admit that right up front.
So where do you get off mocking a bad wagon when you're pushing a weak case and silly vote by your own admission?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1416, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: fuzzy until he provides some legitimate reads and I had better like them when he does.
Oh, here's the case.

Yeah...I think you're right, I would have attacked you over that.
Where *do* you get off attacking a wagon as weak (with one good point) when you're pushing a 'meh, lurker lynch!'
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by Thor665 »

And there's a reason i needed to ask.
Because I can't even remember the last time you pressured fuzzy over the so-called purpose of your lynch.
If you're town you should start sheeping people now - because you're not voting right.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1796, Thor665 wrote:So, you're saying if you explain your vote and reasoning it will look really weak compared to what you were just mocking about the Nacho wagon and I could attack you over it?
Seems like I don't need to get you to provide that info if you're going to admit that right up front.
So where do you get off mocking a bad wagon when you're pushing a weak case and silly vote by your own admission?
No, I could just tell what you were going for. And, look! I was right! I'm not admitting my vote is weak, I just knew you were going to say it was.
In post 1797, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1416, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: fuzzy until he provides some legitimate reads and I had better like them when he does.
Oh, here's the case.

Yeah...I think you're right, I would have attacked you over that.
Where *do* you get off attacking a wagon as weak (with one good point) when you're pushing a 'meh, lurker lynch!'
It's hardly just a lurker lynch. Have you read his posts? Mindless bandwagon hops, total uselessness, and even manages to contradict himself despite never saying anything useful. (One post he's not sure what he thinks about me, a couple posts later he votes me with no explanation). I don't actually understand why he's been allowed to get away with making posts of "Vote: x" and nothing else, and if I recall correctly both times were sheeps not of the largest wagon but of the most recent vote above his. How can you sound more like you just want to lynch anyone but you than that? In other news, every time I see that emoticon I want to lynch it, but I'm trying to restrain myself.

And by the way, I'll attack whatever I want. Just because my vote isn't the most popular in the world doesn't mean I'm not allowed to criticize a wagon I think is on town. Where do *you* get off telling me not to give my opinion?
In post 1798, Thor665 wrote:And there's a reason i needed to ask.
Because I can't even remember the last time you pressured fuzzy over the so-called purpose of your lynch.
If you're town you should start sheeping people now - because you're not voting right.
Oh, so you *did* already know the answer to your question and were just trying to get me to say it to make your argument look better. Thanks for admitting that.

What more can I do for pressure? I'm voting him, he's continuing to be scum, no one else seems to care. I'm not going to do a Bacde impression, that's not how I play. The reason the Nacho wagon is weaker is that he's also done a lot of things that make me see him as town against that one point, whereas fuzzy's done exactly nothing to alleviate my scumread, ever.

I happen to think my vote is in a good place and you can take your casual dismissal elsewhere.
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”