NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 1467, Thor665 wrote:Also, how was that helping me steer the game?
Mwu-hahaha! I have fooled town into thinking I went to bed...the FOOLS!
Haha
Amethyst Kitty wrote:ZMON, WAI ARE WE TOWN?
I'm not very familiar with either head of the hydra, so I went strictly by my analysis of your posts with none of the influence. With that being said... I've felt you have good motivation behind your actions. You look like you're scumhunting a lot and actually attributing to discussions on a rather consistent basis. Apart from that, I don't really have a reason to call you scum. For most of the nulls, I either don't have information to make a call, or I have both town and scum reads, which is why you wouldn't be null.
BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1454, Om the Destroyer wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bulbazak

Om no we aren't lynching Bacde his slot is obvious town

~ :dead:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but so is Bulba.
^^^
Maybe not obvtown imho, but definitely townier than a lot of people.

I personally don't have much experience with playing as a hydra, but shouldn't you guys like... be on the same page? Seems kind of strange you would go out and have a little root of confusion emitted there.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 1473, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1471, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Thor, I'm town. Vote Cephrir or Nacho.
What do you think of Mollie's recent posts?
I don't know, is she still arguing dumb things? I stopped paying attention to what was going on with her half about 10 pages ago.
In post 1475, thezmon221 wrote:I personally don't have much experience with playing as a hydra, but shouldn't you guys like... be on the same page? Seems kind of strange you would go out and have a little root of confusion emitted there.
I've never been in a hydra where we didn't disagree on more things than we agree on.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1319, Desperado wrote:can you explain how you are using this as a scumtell (presumably?) on me when you just said this?
It was an explanation of the earlier post. He's not scumhunting that much, but he's definitely scumhunting.
In post 1319, Desperado wrote:Your final point about me either a) not reading or b) being a speed reader is just...weird. If I c/p'd all four of DLG's posts into Word, how many words do you think it would be? A few thousand? I can read multiple pages in ten minutes. Your assumption that I didn't read his posts because enough time did not elapse inbetween me saying I would and saying that they did nothing to alleviate my scumread on him just strikes me as a lazy attempt to discredit me. Have I given an indication elsewhere in this thread that I'm not reading it?
Depends on what you're looking for, I guess. I might be different, but I focus a hell of a lot closer on suspect's posting than everyone else, and reading DGB's post would take a little longer than that for me. I guess what I found strange was not that you read it that quickly, but that you read it that quickly AND decided you didn't see anything worth commenting on in that chunk.
In post 1319, Desperado wrote:One last thing...CTD proposed the mass claim that I'm scummy for "vaguely supporting" (what was vague about "I support a mass claim for all of the reasons Crash outlined in his big post about it", btw?) and his case on DLG is very similar to mine, yet you have him as town and me as scum. Can you explain that?
CTD didn't say that you vaguely supported massclaim, and his DLG case had absolutely nothing to do with why I found him town.
In post 1348, CrashTextDummie wrote:I question his current vote, not just because it's on someone I read as town and unlikely to lead anywhere, but also because there's a good wagon waiting to happen on his second choice, DLG.
I think that DLG and Desp are unlikely partners at this point, so I'd rather take care of the stronger scumread first.
In post 1354, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:and what is practically a billboard is his hedge on spice girl; he should be all over that shit cos those are the kind of things he tries to push for in a lynch. spice girl is doing the same thing that a player in another game did and he was all over her (KISS) and he was correct for being so. so it makes me think there is a spice girl/nacho association in there somehow, not sure what to make of it. especially since she beetlejuiced him into the thread. it almost read like a "hey buddy if you keep avoiding the thread you are going to get lynched so get in here!" call out.
You're right about me not picking up on the Baby Spice read harder than I should have been.
In post 1354, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:town nacho has yet to reach out to me and this is something that town nacho usually does even if it is to just say "hey mollie I am town now stfu and stop being difficult"
You're not being difficult this game.
In post 1412, Bacde wrote:Have you ever played with nacho before? He's not a useless player

There's a reason he's playing the way he's playing this game--he's scum
Useless is not the word for it.
In post 1448, thezmon221 wrote:Nacho, why did you post 5 analyses, and then wait another... 26-27 hours before posting the rest?
My laptop broke and I'm forced to play mafia in a public library. I got kicked out.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Mollie, Bacde, I'm not screaming at you guys for being idiots this game because you do have a point because I'm not exactly happy with my reads yet. It's not that I'm lacking motivation for this game and it isn't that I'm being useless (that's bullshit, Bacde), but I definitely am not being as aggressive and on point this game because I just don't have things worked out yet. I have a pretty good scumread in Desperado, a pretty decent town core, but I don't feel comfortable with the game to the point that I usually do. Although, Bacde:
In post 1459, Bacde wrote:if nacho flips town you are suspect #1
If I flip town, you're living in my scumlist for a while. You owe me that much.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1447, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Congratulations, you figured out how Majiffy plays regardless of alignment!

My attacks garner reactions. Which give me accurate reads. So it is
entirely
scum-hunting.

Your argument that it is "an effective two-pronged strategy for scum to take" is moot because it holds the same strength of a strategy as town.
No, town strategy isn't to survive, it's to find and lynch scum before they out-number town.

I'm still reading, but so far the only people you've called scum are the ones who dared question your questionable play and/or called you scum. Your "attacks" have been strictly retaliatory, which means you aren't attempting to garner reactions.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 1479, Kublai Khan wrote:No, town strategy isn't to survive, it's to find and lynch scum before they out-number town.
Being unlynchable as town is just as effective as finding scum in the early game. And, for the most part, generally more accurate - I can be certain of my own alignment. I may read others wrong. I have the stronger position here; I suggest you check yourself before you wreck yourself.
In post 1479, Kublai Khan wrote:I'm still reading, but so far the only people you've called scum are the ones who dared question your questionable play and/or called you scum. Your "attacks" have been strictly retaliatory, which means you aren't attempting to garner reactions.
Most of those "questioning [of my] questionable play" was retaliatory to my reads on
them
. You've got your history a little backwards.

And while you're at it; why don't you explain what is so questionable about my play?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1480, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1479, Kublai Khan wrote:No, town strategy isn't to survive, it's to find and lynch scum before they out-number town.
Being unlynchable as town is just as effective as finding scum in the early game. And, for the most part, generally more accurate - I can be certain of my own alignment. I may read others wrong. I have the stronger position here; I suggest you check yourself before you wreck yourself.
No. Scum kill unlynchable townies. There's no advantage to your playstyle if your town.
In post 1480, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1479, Kublai Khan wrote:I'm still reading, but so far the only people you've called scum are the ones who dared question your questionable play and/or called you scum. Your "attacks" have been strictly retaliatory, which means you aren't attempting to garner reactions.
Most of those "questioning [of my] questionable play" was retaliatory to my reads on
them
. You've got your history a little backwards.
No, I don't.
In post 1480, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:And while you're at it; why don't you explain what is so questionable about my play?
I already have been.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 1478, Nachomamma8 wrote:Mollie, Bacde, I'm not screaming at you guys for being idiots this game because you do have a point because I'm not exactly happy with my reads yet. It's not that I'm lacking motivation for this game and it isn't that I'm being useless (that's bullshit, Bacde), but I definitely am not being as aggressive and on point this game because I just don't have things worked out yet. I have a pretty good scumread in Desperado, a pretty decent town core, but I don't feel comfortable with the game to the point that I usually do. Although, Bacde:
In post 1459, Bacde wrote:if nacho flips town you are suspect #1
If I flip town, you're living in my scumlist for a while. You owe me that much.
oooh i'm scared are you trying to wager with me nacho
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Will you?

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by Bacde »

I was thinking about it

then I realized I don't wager w/ scum
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by Bacde »

tbh I was thinking about it though
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Post by Bacde »

I'm down to be lynched tomorrow if you flip town though
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

That's fucking stupid. I want you to follow my reads.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 8:32 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 1487, Nachomamma8 wrote:That's fucking stupid. I want you to follow my reads.
I'm sure you do

but its too late

I made post #1486
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 11:58 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Too many cooks.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 12:58 am

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 1446, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 1440, Bacde wrote:
In post 1437, Baby Spice wrote:The Nacho wagon took off after Thor joined the RR wagon. If anything Nacho looks like a strong counter to RR. It's even lead by RR, something BCade says is scummy.
What did I say was scummy?

God damnit are you putting words in my mouth as well?!
Thought it was you that said it. Will check when I get to a computer.
In post 1429, Bacde wrote:because voting for a counterwagon is generally regarded as scummy
It was even on the same bloody page!
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:43 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1490, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 1446, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 1440, Bacde wrote:
In post 1437, Baby Spice wrote:The Nacho wagon took off after Thor joined the RR wagon. If anything Nacho looks like a strong counter to RR. It's even lead by RR, something BCade says is scummy.
What did I say was scummy?

God damnit are you putting words in my mouth as well?!
Thought it was you that said it. Will check when I get to a computer.
In post 1429, Bacde wrote:because voting for a counterwagon is generally regarded as scummy
It was even on the same bloody page!
The context of RR's vote didn't look like a "vote for a counterwagon" at all

Plus saying that placing a vote down on a counterwagon is only scummy because it underlies the survivalistic attitude of the player. And you framed it as "It's even lead by RR" which is NOT something that is scummy, so your post confused the butt out of me
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:44 am

Post by Bacde »

anyway guys we are lynching nacho and if he flips town (which he wont) we will lynch me next just so you guys feel confident about this

go go go
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1463, Bulbazak wrote:@Mastin: When's the next vote count? I want to see what the status of the wagon's are.
Right now (well, within five minutes of now, anyway :P).
You'll have ones on 58 and 59 as well.
Basic for the moment, advanced if I have the time.

Nachomamma8 - 5 (Red Ryu, Bacde, Nero Cain, Slandaar, Desperado)

Red Ryu - 3 (Oversoul, Bulbazak, Syryana)

Cephrir - 3 (Baby Spice, Amethyst Kitty, BeautyAndTheBeast)
fuzzybutternut - 2 (thezmon221, Cephrir)
BeautyAndTheBeast - 2 (Kublai Khan, Thor665)
Bulbazak - 1 (fuzzybutternut)
DLG - 1 (CrashTextDummie)
ArcAngel9 - 1 (DLG)
Desperado - 1 (Nachomamma8)
Bacde - 1 (Om the Destroyer)

Not Voting - 4 (Seanald, Hanzo_5, ArcAngel9, EddieFenix)

Page 58 has a mod-edited votecount, quoted below.
Spoiler: Post 1425
Nachomamma8 - 7 (Red Ryu, Bacde, Nero Cain, Amethyst Kitty, Slandaar, Desperado, BeautyAndTheBeast)
Red Ryu - 4 (Oversoul, Thor665, Bulbazak, Syryana)
fuzzybutternut - 2 (thezmon221, Cephrir)
Bulbazak - 1 (fuzzybutternut)
Cephrir - 1 (Baby Spice)
DLG - 1 (CrashTextDummie)
ArcAngel9 - 1 (DLG)
Desperado - 1 (Nachomamma8)
BeautyAndTheBeast - 1 (Kublai Khan)
Bacde - 1 (Om the Destroyer)

Not Voting - 4 (Seanald, Hanzo_5, ArcAngel9, EddieFenix)
Since this votecount is near the bottom of a page, I'm not making it an official votecount, because we're gonna need another one soon. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:43 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1486, Bacde wrote:I'm down to be lynched tomorrow if you flip town though
If you are town, do you know how stupid this is? You're basically saying you're willing to put town down -4 if you're wrong. Where's the town motivation in that?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:54 am

Post by Bacde »

getting scumcho lynched

you should know that I'm actually right
a lot
Hanzo_5
Hanzo_5
Goon
Hanzo_5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:17 am

Post by Hanzo_5 »

@B&TB

Your question is assumes to much.I didnt say all of your play was fluffy. just that the specific thing I quoted was. Further you didnt ask for my reason, you asked if I have summed all your post up by that one comment.

I have no case against you. Stop making things up. Ive been giving you the benefit of the doubt because you seem confused. But no more...

Also its a game. try to be a little more mature...
"Procrastination is oppurtunity's natural assassin."
Hanzo_5
Hanzo_5
Goon
Hanzo_5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:21 am

Post by Hanzo_5 »

@bacde

If you could explain why I should lynch naco in one clear post. Granted I agree with your reasoning. you have my vote
"Procrastination is oppurtunity's natural assassin."
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:53 am

Post by Bacde »

@B&B I almost made this post in response to the post above:
If you agree w/ my reasoning, why do I need to explain nacho to you? Why not just vote?
but then I realized that by the term "granted" he didn't mean that he does agree w/ my reasoning. "granted" here means something more along the lines of "if"

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this guy and I'm wondering if thats why you scumread him? I dunno is there something more scummy than this that I'm not seeing?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:56 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1460, Om the Destroyer wrote:
In post 1459, Bacde wrote:
In post 1455, Om the Destroyer wrote:
In post 1447, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1381, Om the Destroyer wrote:So from my POV this Nacho wagon consists of only townreads and it's on someone who isn't exactly a scumread from my.
Something is afoot here :/
Yeah, probably your "Nacho ... isn't exactly a scumread". Herp derp Occam's Razor.
Except I found the scum on the wagon.

I mean, this game has basically become whether or not Nacho should be a good lynch. The focus is completely on Nacho (who is probably town, actually) and nobody is really focusing on his attackers, or anyone else for that matter.

PEDIT: No fuck you Bulb is town omg I'll tell you why Bacde is scum in the QT.
VOTE: bacde

~Pertayter
why aren't you asking me questions or even pushing my wagon?

its looks like you just dropped your vote and are chilling on it

if nacho flips town you are suspect #1
Why did it take you like 4 pages to finally question my vote?
honestly I didn't really notice your vote

please don't be offended

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”