NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:50 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1296, Cephrir wrote:Posting a bunch of reads with detailed reasons is not scummy. It is, in fact, the opposite of scummy, unless the reasons are bad.
posting reads w/ reasons is a weak town tell at best

and coming from nacho its a null
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:50 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1299, Nachomamma8 wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25367

Meta her yourself. You'll see things a lot more clearly if you do that instead of having someone try to explain it for you.
I like your confidence

lets see if its in the ISO
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:51 am

Post by Bacde »

wrong link tho
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

Fine, maybe I will :P
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:52 am

Post by Bacde »

@Nacho what is your read on AA9?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1300, Bacde wrote:
In post 1296, Cephrir wrote:Posting a bunch of reads with detailed reasons is not scummy. It is, in fact, the opposite of scummy, unless the reasons are bad.
posting reads w/ reasons is a weak town tell at best

and coming from nacho its a null
yep. No scum would ever lay down and die.

Nacho, why were you arguing with me about questioning Mollie if you read me as town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1263, Nachomamma8 wrote:Baby Spice has been lurking like hell, for one. Her excuse of "worrying about games that is endgaming" shows me that she's lurking and is conscious of it, but the rest of her play says that she's pretty okay with lurking hard as shit. I hate the "wall battle doesn't look like town v town but B&B is scum" bit, and she tosses out reads so randomly that I can't really see a thought process behind any of it. Lean scum, but not heavily.
Plus I think that her dismissing Thor and I as town instantly and with no paranoia at all is sort of strange and seems like fake townreads because they actually aren't based on anything, and the constant complaining about walls is scummy considering she's not commenting on anything in the entire game and blaming it solely on walls.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

But that's pretty much the entirety of that read, just watch her and see where she goes.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1304, Bacde wrote:@Nacho what is your read on AA9?
Town.
In post 1305, Nero Cain wrote:Nacho, why were you arguing with me about questioning Mollie if you read me as town?
Because I wanted to see if you were familiar with mollie's tendency to hunt third parties and scumhunting based on that knowledge because that would have been a super towntell.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:01 am

Post by Bacde »

Ok, and now AA9 plz

Also, do you think Desperado is the only scum on your wagon? Or do you think scum is just playing well and there might be more on your wagon
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 am

Post by Bacde »

why
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Desperado would be the only scum on my wagon if Slandaar isn't also scum. AA9 is town because of meta for the moment. I'm not going to sell you on her being town because she's easier to read when pressured.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1311, Nachomamma8 wrote:Desperado would be the only scum on my wagon if Slandaar isn't also scum. AA9 is town because of meta for the moment. I'm not going to sell you on her being town because she's easier to read when pressured.
I have AA9 as scum because of meta
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:15 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1015, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 1011, Bacde wrote:
In post 1009, ArcAngel9 wrote:41 pages already..?
i am less then two days behind and i have hell to catch up again!!!!
Slow down ladies...
ok AA9 is scum too guys plz lynch this after we lynch scum nacho and then I get NKed for being too awesome
What? cmon Bcade, aren't you better player than this.. This is seriously low of you..even if you're scum.
This doesn't seem like a scumAngel post no matter what angle I look at it from.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

and I have her as null. Not trying to be funny but she actually is null to me, hence why I said I'd be ok if we utility lynched her before lylo. Now if B&TB were to flip scum then I might consider an AA9 a scumbuddy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:26 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1314, Nero Cain wrote:and I have her as null. Not trying to be funny but she actually is null to me, hence why I said I'd be ok if we utility lynched her before lylo. Now if B&TB were to flip scum then I might consider an AA9 a scumbuddy.
my gut tells me that pirate mollie is town
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:27 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1313, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1015, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 1011, Bacde wrote:
In post 1009, ArcAngel9 wrote:41 pages already..?
i am less then two days behind and i have hell to catch up again!!!!
Slow down ladies...
ok AA9 is scum too guys plz lynch this after we lynch scum nacho and then I get NKed for being too awesome
What? cmon Bcade, aren't you better player than this.. This is seriously low of you..even if you're scum.
This doesn't seem like a scumAngel post no matter what angle I look at it from.
What was interesting about this post is that AA9 posted later as though this post you quoted expressed that she believed that I was scum, when in fact it expresses a null read
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1315, Bacde wrote:
In post 1314, Nero Cain wrote:and I have her as null. Not trying to be funny but she actually is null to me, hence why I said I'd be ok if we utility lynched her before lylo. Now if B&TB were to flip scum then I might consider an AA9 a scumbuddy.
my gut tells me that pirate mollie is town
I agree with Cephir that her posts are depressingly town but I'll never like the idea of giving anyone a free pass based on too derpy to be scum but that's just me.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

Tried meta'ing AA9. Didn't see much difference between her town and scum games except for one tell that makes me think she's scum here. However I've noticed she seems to flounder at the beginning of the game on either alignment so I'll keep giving her a chance for now.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1263, Nachomamma8 wrote:Desperado's early posting hurts a fair bit. Vaguely supports massclaim, sort of talks to B&B about the Nero = indy read everyone was talking about, small attack on Ryu. His first significant anything is his attack on DLG, which is a location I like, but then the whole accusation of "DLG isn't scumhunting and is being a hypocrite for expecting AA9 to scumhunt when he is not" sort of fell flat; he said DLG's townreads were surface and not good enough, but they were still townreads. It was still scumhunting, whether it was fake scumhunting or real scumhunting. Then, DLG posts a bunch while he's typing the case, Desp acknowledges as much, then posts 10 minutes later that "no, not good" while posting other things at the same time, which seems like he just waited a little while but never actually read any of DLG's posting unless he's a god of speedreading or some shit. His hop onto my wagon is awkward and doesn't have anything in his ISO hinting at it, so that will have to be explained later. Scumread.
Can you explain what you mean by "fell flat?" I actually thought it was a pretty good point.

"he said DLG's townreads were surface and not good enough, but they were still townreads...it was still scumhunting, whether it was fake or not" can you explain how you are using this as a scumtell (presumably?) on me when you just said this?
In post 1306, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1263, Nachomamma8 wrote:Baby Spice has been lurking like hell, for one. Her excuse of "worrying about games that is endgaming" shows me that she's lurking and is conscious of it, but the rest of her play says that she's pretty okay with lurking hard as shit. I hate the "wall battle doesn't look like town v town but B&B is scum" bit, and she tosses out reads so randomly that I can't really see a thought process behind any of it. Lean scum, but not heavily.
Plus I think that her dismissing Thor and I as town instantly and with no paranoia at all is sort of strange and seems like fake townreads because they actually aren't based on anything,
and the constant complaining about walls is scummy considering she's not commenting on anything in the entire game and blaming it solely on walls.
Seems to be basically the same exact point that I was making about DLG, isn't?

Your final point about me either a) not reading or b) being a speed reader is just...weird. If I c/p'd all four of DLG's posts into Word, how many words do you think it would be? A few thousand? I can read multiple pages in ten minutes. Your assumption that I didn't read his posts because enough time did not elapse inbetween me saying I would and saying that they did nothing to alleviate my scumread on him just strikes me as a lazy attempt to discredit me. Have I given an indication elsewhere in this thread that I'm not reading it?

One last thing...CTD proposed the mass claim that I'm scummy for "vaguely supporting" (what was vague about "I support a mass claim for all of the reasons Crash outlined in his big post about it", btw?) and his case on DLG is very similar to mine, yet you have him as town and me as scum. Can you explain that?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 8:23 am

Post by mastin2 »

Right, so two of the three replacements we need will be filled as soon as I send them their PMs. Stand by for an official announcement. (Need to make the call for the third, first.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 8:37 am

Post by mastin2 »

<<< The Om/Destroyer vs. Bulbazak debate continues to rage on, yet despite their ferocity at each other, neither gains much support. (Om gains one follower in the form of
fuzzybutternut
, who seems content merely throwing his suspicion to help back up strong voices on their own pushes.

Much debate on theoreticals ensues, as people discuss what could or could not be possible. The votes don't really change significantly during this time. In this jumble of words,
ActionDan
gets lost, unable to keep up with the verbal assault.

"Too loud! Too much! Too many!" As his thoughts continue to degrade into an incoherent mess, the words, "I promise" come out, but the "two hours" he claims do not come to fruition. He breaks down into a mental wreck, muttering some words which almost nobody can even hear.

Ultimately, the group decide to drag him out. He needed a break, and the citizens weren't going to let it be his neck, not with their attention still on
Nachomamma8
. (And at the peak, eight of the gathered make this stance clear.) Instead, they knock him out and transport him away, removing him from their group. Soon after, though,
Hanzo_5
steps in, taking his place in the debate.

"I will do what he could not!", Hanzo promises, "And keep up with this mess."

In the midst of this triumphant return,
Oversoul
insists that he is no god and does not, in fact, know anything the rest of the gathered do not. He then rambles on and on and on and ooooooon about exactly what he did and why he did it and what he hoped to accomplish and where he stands and why he took that stance and...

...People accept this, and all support to kill him dies out nearly instantly. In his place as the secondary hot seat lies
Red Ryu
, whose advocates for death nearly equal Nacho's. In fact, at certain points, the voices for his death even surpass Nacho, but ultimately, the support for Nacho to hang ultimately outweighs the Red Ryu voices.

Though Bulbazak briefly rivals him, eventually the Om vs. Bulbazak match extinguishes, and along with it, the cries for Bulbazak's head.

Nero Cain
continues to satire others, but despite a lingering storm above his head, nothing comes of it other than a remark or two, as not even the gods think he has wronged anyone...yet. After all, despite his attitude, he was still giving plenty, his screwing around aside.

Thor665
, an old grampa, takes a brief nap, and awakes to find children about him not showing proper respect, so quickly sets out to discipline them as he gets filled in on the details (Nacho tries much the same, and though to some degree he succeeds, his efforts are not as productive). As he enters, a few more leave--
Syryana
departs, promising a return in a few hours. Similarly,
ArcAngel9
is occupied with tasks elsewhere, promising a return within a few hours.

Rondar
collapses from exhaustion, and is carried out on a stretcher. He leaves a note telling the town that
Kublai Khan
, a good friend of Nero's, will be filling in for him.

Mac
, like ActionDan, feels the pressure building up. With a massive headache, he moans and says he needs a break--a long one. Feeling unable to contribute to the discussion, he makes sure that someone comes in who is like him, and
thezmon221
is quick to move in.

An interdimensional cloning rift opens up into another realm, but nobody decides to actually step through, with everyone becoming far too engaged in the talks to leave.

In fact, to a great degree, the citizens self-regulate themselves, needing few if any incentives to motivate their debate. Though some voices dominate, none of them are absent for long. >>>

<<< Kublai Khan replaces Rondar effective as soon as he posts.
thezmon221 replaces Mac effective as soon as thez posts.
Searching for an ActionDan replacement still. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue May 14, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 8:51 am

Post by thezmon221 »

I have my role, and I'm confirming.

Don't kill anyone yet.

I didn't realize this game has 1300 posts, and now I have to read it all.

I have also played with only 8 of you, not including replacements not in the game.

I like making one-line paragraphs on occasions.

It's really fun.

Baby Spice I'm still sore* you won that game.

Majiffy I'm still sore* about Music Theory.

Filler text needs to be inserted here.

<<< Filler text has been inserted. Har har har. I'm busy, okay? >_< >>>

*But not really
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Bacde »

nice I didn't realize I was allowed to type in tiny font

<<< My official rule is that if you can read it, it's generally okay, but I prefer you to not go below 50, and--really--honestly don't like anything below 75. It's possible to read that small, but it's a pain to do. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon May 13, 2013 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 9:16 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Don't. It's hard to read.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”