NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 1237, Thor665 wrote:Actually, Mollie, wait a minute.

You *don't think I was cranky*

What emotion would you ascribe to me during the audio game.

Dead serious question here.
you didn't start off cranky. I would say you got more aggravated as the game progressed rather than just flat out cranky

you have been cranky this entire game. I am trying to determine if it is a legitimate relative tell for you
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 12:19 pm

In post 1244, Bacde wrote:
In post 1239, Thor665 wrote:I'm going to defend scum - your case on him is probably about as solid as your case on me, and thus isn't worth sheeping at this point.
@mollie, thor likes to say cheeky stuff as scum right?
lol, yes
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Bacde »

@Thor, what is your case on Red Ryu? I don't want a link just rephrase it for me plz
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1248, Bacde wrote:@Thor what is your read on slandaar?
Scummy.
I've said as much.
In post 1249, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:I took it as you signing off mebbe you should have used more words
Maybe you shouldn't infer meanings to things?
In post 1249, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:wait why would I look at other ongoing games to try to discern whether or not you are actually cranky when I can just ask you itt. I can't discuss them and not knowing your alignment in those games, it would be pointless. you, theoretically, could be scum in all of your current games to say otherwise is the application of gambler's fallacy.
You're saying I'm faking being cranky - are you now claiming I'm faking it across all of my current games because of this one?
Because if I'm faking it...shouldn't you be able to find me being...y'know, *not* cranky?
Or is your defense seriously "Thor is probably scum in all of his current games, faking being cranky in all of them, so that means we should lynch him in this one"
Because I have to tell you...not really in awe of that as a conclusion.
In post 1249, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:and now you are deflecting
That's cool, maybe I am.

Are you going to answer my question about Audio Mafia now?
Y'know, because *you* are town and wouldn't deflect like scummy, cranky, Thor, right?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1250, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:you didn't start off cranky. I would say you got more aggravated as the game progressed rather than just flat out cranky

you have been cranky this entire game. I am trying to determine if it is a legitimate relative tell for you
How do you define a difference between 'aggravated' Thor and 'cranky' Thor?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1251, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1239, Thor665 wrote:I'm going to defend scum - your case on him is probably about as solid as your case on me, and thus isn't worth sheeping at this point.
lol, yes
Mollie, does Thor say cheeky stuff as town?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1204, Bacde wrote:
In post 1169, Nachomamma8 wrote:I seem to be pretty good at reading Bacde most days. He's probably town again.
First I want to say no, you've been faltering love <3

Second I want to say that you read me wrong in this game if you think you can ignore me and not get lynched
Did he just say what I think he said?
In post 1206, Bacde wrote:Thor you are doing that thing where you read too deeply into my words
You mean play the game?
In post 1209, Bacde wrote: Its a "nacho is a better player than this" case
Burden of Proficiency.
In post 1209, Bacde wrote: "I have caught scum doing the same thing nacho is doing" case
Which is what exactly?
In post 1209, Bacde wrote: "nacho is making scummy comments and ignoring me in a scummy way hidden within all his most recent posts" case
ORLYScum.
In post 1219, Bacde wrote:Thor I'ma be really satisfied when you flip scum regardless of nacho's alignment
Where did this come from?
In post 1225, Bacde wrote:
In post 1220, Thor665 wrote:What did I do that was scummy?
What did you do that was townie?
Burden of proof lies on you to explain why Thor is scummy, not for Thor to explain why he is being town.
In post 1242, Bacde wrote: my case on nacho is 1000x stronger than my case on you
1000 multiplied by nothing is still nothing.
In post 1244, Bacde wrote: @mollie, thor likes to say cheeky stuff as scum right?
What is this? Are you trying to imply that Thor is scummy, yet provide yourself distance from it later ("I was just asking Mollie a question.")?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:18 pm

In post 1253, Thor665 wrote:Scummy.
I've said as much.
where is your case thor huh huh huh
mebbe you should have used more words in order to specify the distinction since you are apparently making one
You're saying I'm faking being cranky - are you now claiming I'm faking it across all of my current games because of this one?
hey this kewl guy gave me this advice and in this case it actually applies! he said
cos as you and I know I never said that nor could you infer that meaning with what I actually said!
Because if I'm faking it...shouldn't you be able to find me being...y'know, *not* cranky?
didn't I just mention that about the audio game? Image
Or is your defense seriously "Thor is probably scum in all of his current games, faking being cranky in all of them, so that means we should lynch him in this one"
Because I have to tell you...not really in awe of that as a conclusion.
oh hai, this applies here too!
cos, I never said that.
In post 1249, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:and now you are deflecting
no, I am currently "thor may be scum in this game" which is the one that I am addressing. you are the one who is manipulating around the discussion into positing current games and padding your defense
That's cool, maybe I am.
okay
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:20 pm

In post 1255, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1251, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
lol, yes
Mollie, does Thor say cheeky stuff as town?
of course you do, but the motivation is different. right now I am trying to determine the motivation
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1188, Thor665 wrote:Oh, that's a little rich coming from you, but then maybe I shouldn't bring up other games.

Still, seriously, what even is your case on him? Because it looks really weak at this stage and well past the point of being a test if you're still derping around on it.
Still catching up, not actively pushing a scumread right now. But I'm saying that I'm not going to sheep until you're caught up, which is sort of reasonable, no?
In post 1206, Bacde wrote:pushing a shitty case that he should know better than to push
He was lying. I pushed him for lying, and allowed things to develop in the meantime. I have explained this many times.
In post 1208, Bacde wrote:Nacho wouldn't tell me that my play is "good" in this game if I was tunneling on him-town (yet he did).
I said it was "fine", as in I'm not going to yell at you.
In post 1227, Slandaar wrote:Nacho is scum trying to push an idea he thinks will help his team.
Read my reasons for massclaiming.
In post 1242, Bacde wrote:my case on nacho is 1000x stronger than my case on you
1000 times 0 still equals zero.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Eddie, if scum, has done a great job of working under pressure. Whenever people have called him scum, he has dismissed them pretty easily. And, while he doesn't post often, he doesn't mind dancing with people if he wants to (see: Bulbazak), and even his hop on me recently is consistent with his reads, so I don't really have too much problem with it. I like the aggression he's had, and I like the transitions from vote to vote. Probably town.

Bulbazak, probably town, waste of ISO time.

Thor I will probably look into a little more when he is caught up all the way and ~later~, but I like most of what I see so far, I don't really think he would decide to approach the game in the way that he is if he was scum. But that's an assumption that has burned me in the past, so it doesn't mean too much.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1217, Nero Cain wrote:So we have Mollie call me a SK.
I ask why I read as SK.
Nacho attacks me for asking Mollie why.
Thor says that I'm justified in asking Mollie.
Thor defends Nacho.

Am I reading this right?
In post 1218, Thor665 wrote:Yes.

Now you're supposed to move beyond IIoA.
Well, do you think Mollie is scummy for sk hunting?

If yes, why is Nacho not scummy for defending Mollie?

If no, why did you think my line of questioning was constructive?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by Seanald »

In post 1250, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
you didn't start off cranky.
I would say you got more aggravated as the game progressed rather than just flat out cranky

you have been cranky this entire game.
I am trying to determine if it is a legitimate relative tell for you
what? lol
Show
Sticky, Steamy, and Hard to Push Out
W/L: 14/18/0
T: 8/9/0
S: 6/8/0
O: 0/1/0
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Red Ryu's logic in voting me is... weird, but the rest of his posting isn't that bad. The way he's posting the case on me with the whole "he deliberately refused to even consider OS as town", frustration when arguing with Bulbazak, seems fairly genuine, especially since he continues to push me after Oversoul outed as a liar. I don't like how he's so completely and thoroughly tunneling on me in a way similar to Bacde; I would like him to give reads on other people as well.

Syryana read isn't so developed yet, although if I was forced to make a call, I'd lean town. I think that the waffling on me midgame after buddying me so hard was fairly genuine, though; it seems like a waste to butter me up so much and then stab me in the back three posts later if his aim was to get me on his side.

Desperado's early posting hurts a fair bit. Vaguely supports massclaim, sort of talks to B&B about the Nero = indy read everyone was talking about, small attack on Ryu. His first significant anything is his attack on DLG, which is a location I like, but then the whole accusation of "DLG isn't scumhunting and is being a hypocrite for expecting AA9 to scumhunt when he is not" sort of fell flat; he said DLG's townreads were surface and not good enough, but they were still townreads. It was still scumhunting, whether it was fake scumhunting or real scumhunting. Then, DLG posts a bunch while he's typing the case, Desp acknowledges as much, then posts 10 minutes later that "no, not good" while posting other things at the same time, which seems like he just waited a little while but never actually read any of DLG's posting unless he's a god of speedreading or some shit. His hop onto my wagon is awkward and doesn't have anything in his ISO hinting at it, so that will have to be explained later. Scumread.

Baby Spice has been lurking like hell, for one. Her excuse of "worrying about games that is endgaming" shows me that she's lurking and is conscious of it, but the rest of her play says that she's pretty okay with lurking hard as shit. I hate the "wall battle doesn't look like town v town but B&B is scum" bit, and she tosses out reads so randomly that I can't really see a thought process behind any of it. Lean scum, but not heavily.

I don't understand why it took Slandaar so long to start attacking me based on massclaim discrepancies, considering he brought it up early then sort of postured for a while, then jumped on my wagon when it started to gain momentum. His posting elsewhere has been just weak as shit; he's thrown out a few random reads, but he took FOREVER to vote for some reason and he's probably scum.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Oversoul's gambit is weak, if nothing else. I want to know when he came up with the gambit in the first place, and what information he thought he could get out of it. To his credit, #1058 looks like he's trying to get information out of it whereas as scum I think he would be eager to show that he got A TON OF STUFF OUT OF IT, so I sort of like that. I don't like that his play when he was claiming informed townie was completely devoid of anything interesting, and the only major analysis post he made was still more lacking than it should be. But, I think that the way he fakeclaimed showed more of a town mindset than a scum mindset; he wasn't afraid to avoid questions and be a little scummy for a little while initially because he wanted to get more information, while delaying the out as scum in the way he did would only gain him more heat. So he's a townread.

I'd lynch the shit out of Seanald. Anytime, anyplace.

ActionDan is lurking even harder than usual, but I sort of liked his play during the pregame? Still need more for sure for sure.

Fuzzy shows small signs of towniness. His read on Bacde seems like something that's probably not a scumread, but I have no idea yet.

Rondar flaking.

AK, B&B, Om all town for meta reasons, although Om is the weakest on that call due to hydra style changes.

Arc is probably town for meta reasons as well, although I need to verify something before that can be a sure call.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

So far I'm looking at something like a DLG-Desperado-Slandaar-Baby Spice + lurkers, which doesn't really feel that right but it's a good place to start. I actually like the reasoning on Desperado being scum the best.
Vote: Desperado

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by Bacde »

^^purposely written to make you not want to read it

shallow, and pedantic

lynch this
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

You can't call it shallow or pedantic because you didn't read it. It's also not that difficult to read if you're wondering about a specific read and not trying to read the entire thing at once.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Post by Bacde »

what if I did read it nacho

you think you can read into what I say

and you think that you know how I am

and you think that I haven't researched your games

but you're wrong about me
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I know you didn't read it because you didn't post the keyword in your post, and you didn't mention anything about a keyword in your post.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by Bacde »

:lol: go on
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1263, Nachomamma8 wrote: I don't understand why it took Slandaar so long to start attacking me based on massclaim discrepancies, considering he brought it up early then sort of postured for a while
I gave you a chance to show you are town if you were; my case doesn't weaken if I leave it for a while during which time I can see how you act which would perhaps add to the case or perhaps I would decide you were town who just radically changed their views in such a short period (very unlikely but it wasn't impossible)
In post 1263, Nachomamma8 wrote: then jumped on my wagon when it started to gain momentum.
Bacde asked me very nicely to vote and I could not refuse. I had not intended to vote at that time not that it actually matters.
In post 1263, Nachomamma8 wrote: His posting elsewhere has been just weak as shit; he's thrown out a few random reads, but he took FOREVER to vote for some reason and he's probably scum.
Why does me not voting early mean anything? You have fallen for the OS trap again.

Which of your posting is better than mine? Enlighten me.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1266, Bacde wrote:^^purposely written to make you not want to read it

shallow, and pedantic

lynch this
Seriously? It's not really that long, and he broke them up into several posts for your convenience. If you are having problems reading that, then you have bigger problems than your inability to play mafia well.
In post 1271, Slandaar wrote: Which of your posting is better than mine? Enlighten me.
That's extremely defensive. It betrays a lack of desire to scumhunt or further discussion. What are your thoughts on Nacho's reads, other than yourself?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 2:31 am

Post by Slandaar »

Town:
Bacde
AK
ArcAngel
Nero
CTD
Om/HD

Very Very Likely town:
B&tB
Eddie
Ryu
Mac

Probably town
Sean
Syry

Scum to varying degrees:
Nacho/Thor/Fuzzy/Ceph/Bulba
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 2:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

AK shouldn't even sniff a town read unless you're going for the too dumb to be scum tell. Her and B&TB and Ed...just get rid of that whole very very likely town group and stick em in the "prob town group"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”