NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 4:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1193, Bacde wrote:Smurf you guys are gonna let scumcho right through your fingers
Link or restatement of your case on Nacho?

Spoiler: <<< Mod-edited-votecount >>>
Nachomamma8 - 7 (Red Ryu, Bacde, Nero Cain, Amethyst Kitty, Slandaar, Desperado, EddieFenix)

Red Ryu - 5 (Oversoul, Thor665, Mac, Bulbazak, Syryana)

Bulbazak - 2 (Om the Destroyer, fuzzybutternut)
Cephrir - 2 (BeautyAndTheBeast, Baby Spice)
DLG - 1 (CrashTextDummie)
Oversoul - 1 (Nachomamma8)
BeautyAndTheBeast - 1 (Cephrir)
ArcAngel9 - 1 (DLG)

Not Voting - 4 (Seanald, ActionDan, Rondar, ArcAngel9)
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon May 13, 2013 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1169, Nachomamma8 wrote:Nero Cain is trolling most of the time. Then he latched onto the third party thing, then he made fun of mollie, then he tried to bring as much attention to the situation as possible. It doesn't really seem like a particular strong scum strategy, but I sort of liked that he made an attempt to read the people he was pushing policy lynches on and is pushing a real life scumread instead of the people he generally finds scummy anyways. Town.
Well everyone with a brain already knows that I'm town anyways...I wouldn't call that an accurate description of my play. Mollie called me a SK, I asked why Mollie called me an SK. Instead of answering said question she gets stupidly self righteous. Now maybe being a moron is a towntell for Mollie but I neither care or want to waste time debating their alignment. And I do find it scummy and not pro-town for you to berate me over a valid line of questioning. What's even worse? You supposedly didn't have a scum read on me this whole time but were more than glad to argue with me.

I also wouldn't say thet I ever really "pushed" for policy lynches just that I wouldn't care if we utility lynched a few bozos.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:46 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1200, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1193, Bacde wrote:Smurf you guys are gonna let scumcho right through your fingers
Link or restatement of your case on Nacho?
He's acting like
you
do when you are scum

you know, he's acting like an experienced scum player

his scumreads are few and far between

his only posts are purposely constructed to appear town without actually doing tough town work

he tunneled on the worst case I've ever seen nacho tunnel on in my life

and he was convinced about it

and now that no one followed him on the OS case, he is acting like it never happened

he isn't addressing me as though I have a real case because he wants to sweep this under the rug (and he knows I'm serious about this read and he knows that I can build a smurfing bandwagon by myself), yet he is addressing everyone else and their points

here's the thing--OS
COULD
be scum, but its something that Nacho hopped on extremely excitedly with no regard for anything else because he needs to latch on to SOMETHING to push to pretend like he is town

its the same way that in 1393 you latched on to AP making a small "lie" about whether he had read into your meta deeply or if he had skimmed your games--the point really doesn't smurfing matter that much but a scum will push it like dragon eggs because they don't want to have to think about the game analytically

also he proposed a massclaim on d1 for no reason and pushed that

nacho is being cheeky scum right now and people are letting him get away with it
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:46 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1201, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1169, Nachomamma8 wrote:Nero Cain is trolling most of the time. Then he latched onto the third party thing, then he made fun of mollie, then he tried to bring as much attention to the situation as possible. It doesn't really seem like a particular strong scum strategy, but I sort of liked that he made an attempt to read the people he was pushing policy lynches on and is pushing a real life scumread instead of the people he generally finds scummy anyways. Town.
Well everyone with a brain already knows that I'm town anyways...I wouldn't call that an accurate description of my play. Mollie called me a SK, I asked why Mollie called me an SK. Instead of answering said question she gets stupidly self righteous. Now maybe being a moron is a towntell for Mollie but I neither care or want to waste time debating their alignment. And I do find it scummy and not pro-town for you to berate me over a valid line of questioning. What's even worse? You supposedly didn't have a scum read on me this whole time but were more than glad to argue with me.

I also wouldn't say thet I ever really "pushed" for policy lynches just that I wouldn't care if we utility lynched a few bozos.
please push nacho harder
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1169, Nachomamma8 wrote:I seem to be pretty good at reading Bacde most days. He's probably town again.
First I want to say no, you've been faltering love <3

Second I want to say that you read me wrong in this game if you think you can ignore me and not get lynched
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1202, Bacde wrote:He's acting like
you
do when you are scum
Nacho plays to my meta?
In post 1202, Bacde wrote:you know, he's acting like an experienced scum player

his scumreads are few and far between

his only posts are purposely constructed to appear town without actually doing tough town work

he tunneled on the worst case I've ever seen nacho tunnel on in my life
I have been in some games now that make me question if bad play = scum Nacho though.
You've never seen him play bad as town?
In post 1202, Bacde wrote:its the same way that in 1393 you latched on to AP making a small "lie" about whether he had read into your meta deeply or if he had skimmed your games--the point really doesn't smurfing matter that much but a scum will push it like dragon eggs because they don't want to have to think about the game analytically
Honestly, I would have done that push as town - he lied about his reasoning for suspecting me. That's a scumtell.
In post 1202, Bacde wrote:also he proposed a massclaim on d1 for no reason and pushed that
No, he *supported* a proposal for massclaim.
He did explain his reasons.
I did the same thing...except I didn't explain my reasons.
Why does that make him scummy?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Bacde »

Thor you are doing that thing where you read too deeply into my words

I'm speaking to you like a human being so just read my words for what they are and not what you think they are

No, nacho does not play to your "meta". But he is scum for doing something that made you scum in a previous game--pushing a shitty case that he should know better than to push

Yes I have seen Nacho play poorly as town, but this game isn't that. Nacho isn't playing poorly due to not having read the thread or anything like that, Nacho is scumming it up
Honestly, I would have done that push as town - he lied about his reasoning for suspecting me. That's a scumtell.
Your belief that you would have pushed that case to the same extreme as town is why you got caught so easily by Lord Voldemort in 1393. You were truly confident that you would have pushed that shitty case as a townie. That confidence caused you to push the case REALLY hard despite it not being that good, which is why LV could see that you were tunneling it beyond the extent town-thor would tunnel. Nacho probably believes that this OS case is something he would push as town, which is why he turned his brain off to push a shitty case before now he's realize "oh smurf smurf people are suspicious of me now what do I do"

Do I really have to explain to you why Nacho supporting a d1 massclaim fits in to the idea of him being cheeky scum? :neutral:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

1. How scandalous of me.

2. It's impossible to read words and not apply my thoughts to them - that's how reading works.

3. Is this something NACHO has done before. I can show scum examples of people not reading games, and I can how different people being town when not reading games - that means you can't apply the meta of one to the other.

4. How is it different? Just that he's reading? Because he's claiming not reading...

5. I still don't think you or Voldy know Thortown as well as you would have me think. I often get in trouble for pushing things too hard. Also, AP flat out lied - what the hell?

6. Yes. Again, I support the massclaim, I support it without reasoning - so clearly I don't see supporting it as a scum action. Enlighten me.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Bacde »

Thor cmon man I'm trying to reach out to you

you don't have to respond with dripping sarcasm to every single thing I say

I'm serious dude, I'm trying to invoke a town victory and if you can't see what I'm doing then you should sheep me or get out of the way

Also your point #5--no, AP did not flat out lie. AP might have exaggerated himself a tad, but he did not lie. You hopped on that in the way you did not because it was a case you'd push as town, but because you THOUGHT it was a case you'd push as town. That's why you got in trouble! I have caught many scum for pushing a case that
seems
like a good case at surface-level (because you technically caught someone in something that might be construed as a "lie"), but just doesn't
feel
right.

Nacho is doing the same thing. Trust me when I say this isn't nacho's town game. Nacho wouldn't tell me that my play is "good" in this game if I was tunneling on him-town (yet he did).

Its all the little comments that make him scum as well, in between the meat and potatoes of him pushing a shitty OS case, and supporting a massclaim

Such as him saying my play is good, such as him ignoring my points, such as him being a cheeky little scummer

The way you are using the support of a massclaim as a way to defend nacho reads townie to me. So tell me--why do you support a massclaim?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Bacde »

My case is not a "meta" case

Its a "nacho is a better player than this" case

in addition to a

"I have caught scum doing the same thing nacho is doing" case

in addition to a

"nacho is making scummy comments and ignoring me in a scummy way hidden within all his most recent posts" case
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:24 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

Bacde help me lynch Cephrir and I'll help you lynch Nacho tomorrow.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1210, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Bacde help me lynch Cephrir and I'll help you lynch Nacho tomorrow.
Majiffy, why are you convinced about Cephrir?

Just convince me that you actually think Cephrir is scum for a good reason and you've probably got yourself a deal
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:33 am

Yeah, sure, it's not like I haven't already given arguments for why he's scum.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:41 am

Post by Bacde »

Hey man thor asked me to restate my case so I did

no need to get sarcastic w/ me buddy boy its not a ridic request
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Bacde »

ugh Cephrir has been AtEing me recently and I'm a big fan

I'd still rather lynch nacho so I'm sticking here for now
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Seanald »

So wait why'd you unvote nacho B&B if you were hung ho for his death earlier?
Show
Sticky, Steamy, and Hard to Push Out
W/L: 14/18/0
T: 8/9/0
S: 6/8/0
O: 0/1/0
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1208, Bacde wrote:Also your point #5--no, AP did not flat out lie.
Yeah, he did.
I'm even here in another game saying it - so you know I believe it to be true.
In post 1208, Bacde wrote:Nacho is doing the same thing. Trust me when I say this isn't nacho's town game. Nacho wouldn't tell me that my play is "good" in this game if I was tunneling on him-town (yet he did).
That is the best scumtell I've seen you manage on him.
In post 1209, Bacde wrote:My case is not a "meta" case

Its a "nacho is a better player than this" case
Also known as...a meta case.

I supported the massclaim for, really, all the reasons Nacho stated. Pretty much down to the letter. When he explained why he was for it my response was 'heck yes, I concur.'
I still don't get how that remotely makes him scummy. It feels like a random add on that has nothing to do with the rest of your case, and that makes the whole thing feel skeevy to me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So we have Mollie call me a SK.
I ask why I read as SK.
Nacho attacks me for asking Mollie why.
Thor says that I'm justified in asking Mollie.
Thor defends Nacho.

Am I reading this right?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yes.

Now you're supposed to move beyond IIoA.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:36 am

Post by Bacde »

Thor I'ma be really satisfied when you flip scum regardless of nacho's alignment
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

What did I do that was scummy?
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:55 am

In post 1217, Nero Cain wrote:So we have Mollie call me a SK.
I ask why I read as SK.
Nacho attacks me for asking Mollie why.
Thor says that I'm justified in asking Mollie.
Thor defends Nacho.

Am I reading this right?
I did not call you an SK you dummy. I said you read as indie.

I will break this down for you in a way maybe you can understand;
not all indies are SKs
. <------ do you think you can grasp this very basic concept? I had you as town on my spreadsheet so even though I thought you were indie, I didn't think you were necessarily a threat to town.

there is also another reason I had indies on the brain. I have just completed a micro where the co- gm of
this
game modded and guess what I was - a town compatible indie who met their wc n1. in a game this size I would expect there to be an indie or 2 and since the roles are more creative on this site. and what nacho says is true, I special hunt, indie hunt, scum hunt as well as town hunt. it is just the way I play. if get lazy and don't do it, ask seanalderina what happens they wind up getting lynched that's what.

anyways moving along ------>

kudos to thor for pointing out that is bc's case is a meta case. but thor you have been consistently cranky what's up with that.

@ bc

I don't want to let nacho go but I am having the same feeling I had in the inheritance game; too many people have nacho as town for really dumb reasons and he won't get lynched. plus I am not a 100%
sure
and I am in general squeamish about lynching nacho in case I am wrong. but he is my top suspect right now. dlg is his top suspect and he isn't even voting him. when I called him on it he tried to brush it aside with, "you are just going to have to wait if you want a complete list of reads". it seems that he has forgotten that he had dlg as town before he went MIA. his vote is not consistent with what he said and that is a strong scumtell for nacho.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 am

In post 1215, Seanald wrote:So wait why'd you unvote nacho B&B if you were hung ho for his death earlier?
I wanted to talk to majiffy first before I full out pushed for a nacho lynch. I expanded why in my post to bc. I just didn't think I would be able to get him lynched.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 am

In post 1219, Bacde wrote:Thor I'ma be really satisfied when you flip scum regardless of nacho's alignment
bc we are so on the same page it is not funny. thor tweaked my scumdar last night we he said he was hittin' da club but suddenly reappears when nacho gets on and looked....perky. it is a weak fos that I am unable to solidify cos he is ignoring me lol.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Bacde »

B&tB We can't worry about lynching nacho because of "what if he's town"

if he's town he's even more worthless this game because he's pushing stupid cases

I'm no longer going to worry about lynching my scumreads just because I read a stronger player as scum, I can depend on myself

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”