NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 757, Nero Cain wrote:BTW guys, OM is a total 3rd party
Why don't you just say SK here?

This post seems odd given you jumped all over Mollie for calling you indie.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 825, Oversoul wrote:

but I wasn't calling him scum!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 824, Desperado wrote:
In post 820, Oversoul wrote:
In post 774, CrashTextDummie wrote:I will comment on other points of discussion tomorrow when I should have time to do more than skim thanks to the holiday, and I will likely move my vote to B&B, although Oversoul really should be voted to oblivion for persistently ignoring this question:
In post 267, CrashTextDummie wrote:Why did you want to soft-claim pre MC-suggestion, Oversoul?
People have been asking about the case against him. It has been repeatedly pointed out what the scum motivation is behind a claim like his, and he has so far provided zero town motivation for doing it. I really struggle to think of any.

He is also guilty of soft-claiming, which in general is shady at best and a common scum tactic, and the appropriate course of action is to force a full claim.
Hmm. Ok.

I ignored it again because I wanted to see your reaction to me ignoring it and whether or not you would expand beyond just suspecting me.

My claim was a gambit. I am not an informed townie. I made that claim because I wanted to see the reactions and judge whether or not anyone would jump down my throat to get me lynched for it and so far only Nacho really committed that crime.

As to why I contradicted myself, I did because I legitimately wasn't thinking when I answered the first time. I kept being vague or outright not answering the question because I wanted more people to react to my claim and
unfortunately only a handful of players did.

CTD's analysis of the mass claim tell looks very town motivated and the fact that he is moving forward with his scumreads when I figured he would sit by and wait for me to respond or try to further a case against me seems very town. I am happy to call him town in this game.

Yes, my Informed Townie claim was a gambit. I do not have any special information about the setup. My extra tid bit of "I have more information" was to further the gambit more until more people had commented on it.
Can you quote and comment on each of these?
The players?

Realistically, I was only going to look at the people calling me scum for my claim since that usually is what happens when I do stuff like this. Scum think they see an easy mislynch and go for it either to 1) to lynch me that day or 2) make me a desirable lynch for the town at a later date

When I have more time and I am not tired I will.

I received A LOT more people defending my claim than I expected which I find strange as hell considering everything.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 826, Nero Cain wrote:

You're gonna have to walk me through this one Nero because in a normal game, 3rd parties are always SKs. There is no middle ground on that.
Were you trying to insult them or was this a legitimate call out?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 828, Oversoul wrote:
In post 826, Nero Cain wrote:

You're gonna have to walk me through this one Nero because in a normal game, 3rd parties are always SKs. There is no middle ground on that.
Were you trying to insult them or was this a legitimate call out?
completely legit! Not all 3rd parties are scum ya know?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Om the Destroyer
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by Om the Destroyer »

You have no idea how much I would have loved to be an SK :P

~Pertayter
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Nero. In normals all third parties are scum.

Jesters are strictly not allowed.
Survivors are strictly not allowed.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal Read the last line under "explicitly non-normal" headline
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

NOPE!!! On other sites there are third parties that are NOT scum.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and I think OM is playing like 3rd party.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

please stop letting nero troll you, jesus
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 834, Nachomamma8 wrote:please stop letting nero troll you, jesus
I am a gullible person naturally
Although this is the only thing that you are commenting on now that I have basically confirmed your suspicions that the claim was a lie?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

hell no, i'm still revelling in that. I'm gonna post in other games first tho.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 641, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Hey Nacho, thoughts on Cehprir?

-Mara

Nachooooo

I see you

I would also like your thoughts on DLG and Ryu
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by Desperado »

I can't blame him, it's kind of brutal. You're the only one who wasn't in on the joke. And yes, of course I meant the players, and more specifically their reactions and, in detail, what that says about their alignment.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 835, Oversoul wrote:
In post 834, Nachomamma8 wrote:please stop letting nero troll you, jesus
I am a gullible person naturally
It was funny I thought, maybe a bit annoying, idk. But I also wanted to hammer in the point that what Mollie did is fucking retarded since you two seem to think it wasn't.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 803, Nero Cain wrote:
@Nero:
4/13 - I don't see it as a huge wagon. You are flipping out over stupid shit. You are trying to sling mud yet you don't call out Bacade for his 5th vote ON Nacho?
I'm pretty sure that Bcade was actually like the first to vote Nacho + while no scum tell is 100% the 3rd/4th votes are a slight scumtell.

Whats this point that Mollie has made? All I see is Mollie yelling and screaming like an immature newbie.
Bacde was actually the second vote on Nacho but still...

Anyways, I want you to respond to this AK

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 626, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Nacho is a read we both share, neither of us like the mass-claim and neither of us like his push on OS who we both think is probably town.
I figured that he was lying, so I pushed him for it. The massclaim idea you might not like, but I don't really see how that makes me scum.
In post 635, Amethyst Kitty wrote:though I have quite a fair amount of reason for Nacho-scum
I've heard "massclaim, summary, OS is town". That's about it.
In post 641, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Hey Nacho, thoughts on Cehprir?
I don't like the way he's responding so far, but I'm still waiting for the wheels to turn a little more before I give a solid read on him.
In post 677, Bacde wrote:I'm actually down to lynch nacho

this feels like scum-nacho to me

(how was that as a contribution?)
You got me all excited when you said you were gonna provide reasoning later...
In post 686, Bacde wrote:town-nacho would not have tunneled this idiotic OS case for this long

but its the perfect case for him to push as scum
It's also a good case to push as town, considering he was lying and it's a shitty gambit as town.
In post 688, Nero Cain wrote:pfft. Nacho badgering mover asking why Mollie called me an "indie" is just retarded and scummy. That's all that needs to be said.
Why?
In post 734, fuzzybutternut wrote:VOTE: Bulb
Sheeping. Etc.
Hey fuzzy, nice of you to join us? Where have you been?
In post 754, Red Ryu wrote:People should put more votes on Nacho.
Red Ryu! Why didn't you like my observations on Oversoul?
In post 820, Oversoul wrote:I made that claim because I wanted to see the reactions and judge whether or not anyone would jump down my throat to get me lynched for it and so far only Nacho really committed that crime.
Why did you think that anyone would jump down your throat to get you lynched for it?

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

Sorry for my lack of activity; I'm currently training for a job, and I'm getting another job offer across the state, as well as a job "hint" from a friend nearby... Hard to sort all these things out, and lots of ins and outs and strands in the ol' duder's head.

I'll get to this tomorrow.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Nacho did you know what CTD was doing?

I didn't read your wall sorry HD, I tried, I was telling myself how nicely you asked so I must read it! but I didn't.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Mala says that Mollie caught something interesting that I had personally over looked. I do agree with her in that, it's a good point and it has to do with the entire Indie battle you had with her

Nacho, thoughts on Ryu and DLG?

My read on you is a tad bit more then that and I'm watching things closely though Mala's wall expresses my opinion on a fair amount of things fairly well

-Mara
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 12:02 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 770, CrashTextDummie wrote: -BeautyAndTheBeast
-DLG
-Mac
-Nero Cain
-Bacde
-BabySpice
B&tB did.

You are misinterpretting Fuzzy's 'agreement' he didn't support it at all he said 'if it happens' that is in no way an opinion on if he wants to or not he didn't actually voice what he prefers he was in fact the worst offender of your tell by far.

I was watching for the exact same tell so you should know you probably need to take me off any reaction lists; just put me as your top town read!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 12:25 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 720, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote: @ slandaar - why are you staying away from us?
Are you scum?
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 3:12 am

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 823, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 820, Oversoul wrote:
Yes, my Informed Townie claim was a gambit. I do not have any special information about the setup. My extra tid bit of "I have more information" was to further the gambit more until more people had commented on it.
Explain this:
In post 204, Oversoul wrote: There are at least *2* killing roles in this game.
He was lying about there being 2 killing roles to make a believable story. The quote you are asking him to explain about is just fluff from the gambit while it was going on during early day 1.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 841, Nachomamma8 wrote:Why did you think that anyone would jump down your throat to get you lynched for it?
People really just like wagoning me for whatever reason. I don't think I've ever gone through a game where people have not either wagoned me or suspected me for a long period of time.

When I do strange things I usually get wagoned, see AFFC where I mixed up my role PM, see 90s Cartoon Mafia where I did another gambit, see First Time Mafia where people did not necessarily wagon me for my gambit claim, but they did announce suspicion.

It isn't a tell in that "if a player gambits, they will be voted" but more so "if Oversoul does something strange, he will be voted".

I will try to give reads on the people who reacted for those who asked, but don't expect them to be timely. Also expect that post to be long.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:35 am

Post by mastin2 »

I'm not fond of bumping things for little reason, but I've missed far too many top-of-pages to not take this opportunity.

However, let's make this fluff post productive:

AP made a votecount post, though he left it as just "vc"; I edited in the content there so that it is no longer empty. Here is the relevant part:
Spoiler: Post 753
Nachomamma8 - 4 (Red Ryu, Bacde, Nero Cain, Amethyst Kitty)

Red Ryu - 3 (Oversoul, Thor665, Baby Spice)

Oversoul - 2 (Nachomamma8, CrashTextDummie)
BeautyAndTheBeast - 2 (Cephrir, EddieFenix)
Bulbazak - 2 (Om the Destroyer, fuzzybutternut)
Cephrir - 1 (BeautyAndTheBeast)
ArcAngel9 - 1 (DLG)
Om the Destroyer - 1 (Bulbazak)

Not Voting - 8 (Mac, Syryana, Desperado, Slandaar, Seanald, ActionDan, Rondar, ArcAngel9)

With
players alive, it's
to lynch.

Deadline is on Monday, May 27th, @ 11:30 AM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-27 11:31:59).

Page 32 has a votecount edited in. 33 and 34 do not, because it is unchanged from the votecount on 32:
Spoiler: Post 775
Nachomamma8 - 4 (Red Ryu, Bacde, Nero Cain, Amethyst Kitty)

Red Ryu - 3 (Oversoul, Thor665, Baby Spice)

Oversoul - 2 (Nachomamma8, CrashTextDummie)
BeautyAndTheBeast - 2 (Cephrir, EddieFenix)
Bulbazak - 2 (Om the Destroyer, fuzzybutternut)
Cephrir - 1 (BeautyAndTheBeast)
ArcAngel9 - 1 (DLG)
Om the Destroyer - 1 (Bulbazak)
DLG - 1 (Desperado)

Not Voting - 7 (Mac, Syryana, Slandaar, Seanald, ActionDan, Rondar, ArcAngel9)

With
players alive, it's
to lynch.

Deadline is on Monday, May 27th, @ 11:30 AM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-27 11:31:59).
Last edited by mastin2 on Thu May 09, 2013 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”