NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

@Mollie -

How so?

Both Mara and I just questioned it on skype.

Spoiler: <<< Mod-edited-votecount >>>
Nachomamma8 - 4 (Red Ryu, Bacde, Nero Cain, BeautyAndTheBeast)

Oversoul - 3 (Nachomamma8, CrashTextDummie, Bulbazak)

BeautyAndTheBeast - 3 (Om the Destroyer, Cephrir, EddieFenix)
Red Ryu - 2 (Oversoul, Thor665)
Cephrir - 1 (fuzzybutternut)
ArcAngel9 - 1 (DLG)

Not Voting - 10 (Mac, Syryana, Desperado, Baby Spice, Slandaar, Seanald, ActionDan, Rondar, Amethyst Kitty, ArcAngel9)
Last edited by mastin2 on Wed May 08, 2013 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

DLC:

Erm... That Jiffy has a heart? That was mainly a joke, I don't know why you took it seriously, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously

as for the second part to your question, I had Mollie and Jiffy both leaning town and as I skimmed, they only got stronger. However, Me having town read them doesn't mean I like being ignored. off the top of my head, some better targets would be Nacho, Ryo, and bacde/rofl copter.

Nacho is a read we both share, neither of us like the mass-claim and neither of us like his push on OS who we both think is probably town. On that sentiment, we also don't like Crash, or at least I don't though I am unsure of his alignment. His suggestion to mass-claim seems genuine IMO and Nacho has done far more scummier stuff other then the mass-claim anyway

I also had Cephrir as a personal scum-read, I don't really remember why though I'll find the reason later.
In post 317, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Heh, Nacho could be scum for giving a summary of a thread
<3 Unfortunately, I don't have stats for this yet, but on the other side there are so many more scummy things Nacho has done so my scum read on him has to do with more then just this. This is a legit point though, I don't know why Mala got ignored for this. Maybe cause it's right?

Oh, did I talk about Ryu's terrible gambit and hypocritical stance on Thor? I think I did...

Ehhh... Page 19, still reading up

VOTE: Nacho

Mollie, why do you want Thor?
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

625 was Mala. 626 was Mara
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

That vote looks kinda suspicious.....I wanted Nacho to be scum so bad.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Guess I need to take another look at Nacho as I have him as null. Will do tomorrow.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Wait a sec... did HD really call our Hydra out for not voting?
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

UNVOTE: nacho
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

B&B, why'd you unvote? Because of Nero? I'm not seeing any reasoning here, and it just doesn't feel right to me.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Probably due to us. Idk.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 633, Malakittens wrote:Probably due to us. Idk.
*Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Fucking kidding right? Chat told me I was in the hydra.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

I'm going to bet Mollie and Jiffy are fighting on who their vote should be on

though I have quite a fair amount of reason for Nacho-scum, and it's one of the reads we strongly agree on so... Vote goes there
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

-Mara
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:09 pm

In post 448, EddieFenix wrote:Him trying to lead the town to vote someone day 1
with no real backing
, and the overall attitude of the player has my scum radar going off the charts right now.
You're not reading very carefully, are you?
In post 455, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 452, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 450, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 442, Nero Cain wrote:leave the stupid fruit alone, Nero is town and even derp as fuck Mollie knows it. Now lets all kill Fenix.
Lol. Let's dance, Baby boy.
ok, why did your catchup post contain nothing but a vote for B&TB?
Kept it short and sweet because I think he is scum and that's where I want my vote.
Also lol @ you voting me for pushing a lynch "with no real backing" and then this is your given reason for voting me.
In post 465, EddieFenix wrote: And if the steamroll happens, it happens. I could careless about someone's "meta" because they can use that said meta to play/look a certain way on either side of the ball. So, at the current time, I don't trust, ANYONE, but me.
wegotabadasshere.jpg
In post 490, DLG wrote:Yes,
perpetuating
. Your first 11 posts were all bullshit banter. That means you were keeping the pre-game stuff non-game related. Perpetuating it, even. The question was why you shifted gears when someone else changed the tenor of the conversation.

You didn't see anything scummy, fine. But, your posts weren't designed to find anything scummy, either. So, again, I ask, why did you shift your style when someone else changed the game environment?
per·pet·u·ate

/pərˈpeCHo͞oˌāt/
Verb
Make (something, typically an undesirable situation or an unfounded belief) continue indefinitely.
Preserve (something valued) from oblivion or extinction.
The above signifies taking active, meaningful action in response to something trying to stop a situation. You'll note that I did not do this; as soon as something came along that I perceived could push us out of RVS, I followed up on it. This is the exact
opposite
of perpetuating. It also answers your second question.

Now kindly fuck off.
In post 490, DLG wrote: All things considered, I think you're slot isn't scum. The answers both of your heads gave regarding potential scum motivation in your posts seem consistent with a Town mindset much more than a scum agenda.

Your Cephrir push is weak. His suspicions towards your slot make sense from a Town point-of-view. ...

BeautyAndTheBeast is likely town and needs to get over the push on someone else (Cephrir) who is likely Town.
Yes, buddy me, that will make me think you're town.

My Cephrir push has nothing to do with his suspicions on my slot, so clearly you have no understanding of why I'm pushing Cephrir for you to call it weak.

Cephrir isn't town.
In post 495, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:lol

you're scum aren't you
Yeah that pinged for me too.
In post 515, Nero Cain wrote:just to help out Mollie 'cause technically 3rd party are still scum and even though it was pretty apparent that I was referring to the mafia in 510 but I wanted to make that crystal for her.
Not true. On her home site, most indies have town-friendly wincons. Ergo indies aren't necessarily scum.
In post 531, Om the Destroyer wrote:1) ...no, it still applies. If your reads are even mostly based on who agrees with you or not, they still are horrible. It's like saying 1 or 2 good reads makes up for 10 bad reads, it makes no sense.
2) Provably incorrect:

So yes, you saying your list was largely based on whether or not people agreed with you was in response to Cephrir saying the same. Only the second half of said post talked about Slandaar and AA9 specifically.

~ :dead:
1) Except that's not what I said... so... good job?
2) Read the sentence before that, wherein I was directly asked about my reads on TWO slots. Herp a fucking derp.
In post 635, Amethyst Kitty wrote:I'm going to bet Mollie and Jiffy are fighting on who their vote should be on
No, I wasn't around to yell at her. I was a bit furious when I saw that she had moved our vote, though. She will receive many spankings for this.

VOTE: Cephrir

Next post will be a comprehensive Cephrir case for you retards who haven't picked up on why I'm voting him yet.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:20 pm

In post 70, Cephrir wrote:
In post 61, Thor665 wrote:Aw, look, a bad reaction test that ignores the current game state and a player who is functionally playing as neutral as a neutron.

Now I have three people I'm willing to lynch.
I like the overconfident/hyperaggressive town mindset usually but this statement is just ridiculous. No one even knows if the game has started yet.

Vote: Thor
THIS is perpetuating RVS. He's voting someone
for trying to get us out of RVS
. "Wah! The game hasn't started yet! You can't start being serious! Wah!"

Scum.
In post 85, Cephrir wrote:Well, you were claiming you were ready to lynch someone because they posted "/confirm" and nothing else at a point when it wasn't clear whether we were even supposed to be posting anything else. If the game had started it wouldn't be AS ridiculous, though I'd still take issue with you being ready to lynch on page 3 barring a really obvious tell.
#tryinghardtolookliketownposting
In post 117, Cephrir wrote:Beauty and roflcopter are both incredibly silly.
>Doesn't know what to say when two townies are fighting, but feels a need to say SOMETHING because "look I'm participating in meaningful discussion!"
In post 219, Cephrir wrote:How is that role supposed to be anything but useless? We'd find out that information after Night 1 anyway. Not to mention you just outed yourself as not having any useful abilities for no reason?

If you were intending to claim before CTD suggested a massclaim, why didn't you do it during pregame?

I've only skimmed the last couple pages but for now,

Vote: Oversoul
>Shameless wagon hop
Number 1

In post 242, Cephrir wrote:Reads after actually reading intervening pages: Amethyst Kitty, DLG, rofl, Beauty for town. Ryu confuses me, want to see more. Scum vibes from fuzzy but I also thought he was scum in Amnesiac Mafia and he wasn't, so... eh. I don't know how I feel about Thor- the questioning/deliberately obtuse playstyle is kind of annoying but Beauty seems to suggest this is not out of the ordinary.

If there are indeed multiple killers in the game, massclaim could lose us a lot of PRs quickly. But it might also result in said killers killing each other more. Conflicted. I do think mods generally account for the possibility, and there were, after all, a million reviewers.
This is a lot of words for an awful lot of nothing. Who does that? Oh yeah. Scum.
In post 324, Cephrir wrote:Wow, that's a ridiculously self-centered viewpoint. By that logic anyone who suspects you is scum.

Welcome to my scumlist.
>Needed a reason to OMGUS.
In post 327, Cephrir wrote:Good point. It's not like I actually want to lynch Oversoul.

Unvote, Vote: BeautyAndTheBeast
>Shameless wagon hop
Number 2

Then theres a lot of obvscum bullshit that if you read the argument between myself and Cephrir should be blatantly obvious. For brevity, I'll spare the quotes.
In post 438, Cephrir wrote:If you're implying meta, Fenix is a Goon and thus probably not aware of it.
Possible scum slip that should be followed up on with investigative roles on Fenix if Cephrir flips scum.
In post 629, Cephrir wrote:Guess I need to take another look at Nacho as I have him as null. Will do tomorrow.
>Preparing for shameless wagon hop
Number 3
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 638, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 70, Cephrir wrote:
In post 61, Thor665 wrote:Aw, look, a bad reaction test that ignores the current game state and a player who is functionally playing as neutral as a neutron.

Now I have three people I'm willing to lynch.
I like the overconfident/hyperaggressive town mindset usually but this statement is just ridiculous. No one even knows if the game has started yet.

Vote: Thor
THIS is perpetuating RVS. He's voting someone
for trying to get us out of RVS
. "Wah! The game hasn't started yet! You can't start being serious! Wah!"

Scum.
He was suspicious of someone for confirming. You can't tell me that's not ridiculous.
B&B wrote:
In post 85, Cephrir wrote:Well, you were claiming you were ready to lynch someone because they posted "/confirm" and nothing else at a point when it wasn't clear whether we were even supposed to be posting anything else. If the game had started it wouldn't be AS ridiculous, though I'd still take issue with you being ready to lynch on page 3 barring a really obvious tell.
#tryinghardtolookliketownposting
Wow, what a shitty point. You could say that about anything that sounds like a townie post.
B&B wrote:
In post 117, Cephrir wrote:Beauty and roflcopter are both incredibly silly.
>Doesn't know what to say when two townies are fighting, but feels a need to say SOMETHING because "look I'm participating in meaningful discussion!"
Just my way of saying I thought the two of you were townvtowning...
B&B wrote:
In post 219, Cephrir wrote:How is that role supposed to be anything but useless? We'd find out that information after Night 1 anyway. Not to mention you just outed yourself as not having any useful abilities for no reason?

If you were intending to claim before CTD suggested a massclaim, why didn't you do it during pregame?

I've only skimmed the last couple pages but for now,

Vote: Oversoul
>Shameless wagon hop
Number 1
Yes I'm obviously scum for changing my vote, that makes sense. I also spent this post detailing why I was about to vote Oversoul, it's not like I didn't have reasons.
B&B wrote:
In post 242, Cephrir wrote:Reads after actually reading intervening pages: Amethyst Kitty, DLG, rofl, Beauty for town. Ryu confuses me, want to see more. Scum vibes from fuzzy but I also thought he was scum in Amnesiac Mafia and he wasn't, so... eh. I don't know how I feel about Thor- the questioning/deliberately obtuse playstyle is kind of annoying but Beauty seems to suggest this is not out of the ordinary.

If there are indeed multiple killers in the game, massclaim could lose us a lot of PRs quickly. But it might also result in said killers killing each other more. Conflicted. I do think mods generally account for the possibility, and there were, after all, a million reviewers.
This is a lot of words for an awful lot of nothing. Who does that? Oh yeah. Scum.
I listed some town reads and an opinion about massclaim (leaning no). And it's not even that many words.
B&B wrote:
In post 324, Cephrir wrote:Wow, that's a ridiculously self-centered viewpoint. By that logic anyone who suspects you is scum.

Welcome to my scumlist.
>Needed a reason to OMGUS.
Wow it turns out if you want to portray every action someone takes as scum, you *can*! It's not like your logic wasn't complete garbage, or like Om had just posted really good reasons to vote you as had I in my previous post....
Cephrir wrote:
In post 327, Cephrir wrote:Good point. It's not like I actually want to lynch Oversoul.

Unvote, Vote: BeautyAndTheBeast
>Shameless wagon hop
Number 2
This wasn't even a wagon yet.
B&B wrote:
In post 438, Cephrir wrote:If you're implying meta, Fenix is a Goon and thus probably not aware of it.
Possible scum slip that should be followed up on with investigative roles on Fenix if Cephrir flips scum.
What the actual fuck are you talking about? His user title is Goon, as opposed to Mafia Scum, so he is new and doesn't know about meta.
B&B wrote:
In post 629, Cephrir wrote:Guess I need to take another look at Nacho as I have him as null. Will do tomorrow.
>Preparing for shameless wagon hop
Number 3
Way to suspect me for something I hadn't even done yet, and I have no intention of voting Nacho, I just want to try to see what everyone else is seeing. No, don't worry, my vote was never going to leave you for quite a while.

That was one of the most retarded cases I have ever responded to. Reach harder.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 639, Cephrir wrote:It's not like your logic wasn't complete garbage, or like Om had just posted really good reasons to vote you as had I in my previous post....
Wait... Om had good reasons to vote B&B?! I must have missed that...

Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Hey Nacho, thoughts on Cehprir?

-Mara
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:49 pm

In post 639, Cephrir wrote: He was suspicious of someone for confirming. You can't tell me that's not ridiculous.
:roll: If you're town you should just stop playing this game. Uno might be more your speed.
In post 639, Cephrir wrote: Wow, what a shitty point. You could say that about anything that sounds like a townie post.
No. There's a distinct difference between "I am town" posting and "I am trying to look like I am town" posting.
In post 639, Cephrir wrote: Just my way of saying I thought the two of you were townvtowning...
Yes, that was exactly my point.
In post 639, Cephrir wrote: Yes I'm obviously scum for changing my vote, that makes sense. I also spent this post detailing why I was about to vote Oversoul, it's not like I didn't have reasons.
Your reasons sucked. And I think a lot of them were a rehash of what others had already brought up. I can't be arsed to actually fact check this though.
In post 639, Cephrir wrote: I listed some town reads and an opinion about massclaim (leaning no). And it's not even that many words.
AK - No reason given
DLG - No reason given
rofl - No reason given
B&B - No reason given
Ryu - Null, leaving open for future target
Fuzzy - Scummy but I always read him as scum - aka, null, leaving open for future target
Thor - Playstyle ergo null but leaving open for future target

Statements on MC were self-evident and #tryingtolookliketownposting.

Tell me more about your excellent say-nothing post.
In post 639, Cephrir wrote: Wow it turns out if you want to portray every action someone takes as scum, you *can*! It's not like your logic wasn't complete garbage, or like Om had just posted really good reasons to vote you as had I in my previous post....
All of the aforementioned has been thoroughly refuted in prior posts.
In post 639, Cephrir wrote: This wasn't even a wagon yet.
Someone else had already voted me and was actively pushing. This is a moot refutation to my point.
In post 639, Cephrir wrote: What the actual fuck are you talking about? His user title is Goon, as opposed to Mafia Scum, so he is new and doesn't know about meta.
Ah. Well disregard that, then. Doesn't really matter; that was more of a self-note than any kind of point against you.
In post 639, Cephrir wrote: Way to suspect me for something I hadn't even done yet, and I have no intention of voting Nacho, I just want to try to see what everyone else is seeing. No, don't worry, my vote was never going to leave you for quite a while.
"Oh god I got called out on it I better act like that was never my intention to switch to a more promising wagon!"
In post 639, Cephrir wrote: That was one of the most retarded cases I have ever responded to. Reach harder.
^ Lynch this. Thanks!
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:51 pm

In post 640, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 639, Cephrir wrote:It's not like your logic wasn't complete garbage, or like Om had just posted really good reasons to vote you as had I in my previous post....
You should probably just vote Cephrir.

Thanks!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 643, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 640, Bulbazak wrote:
You should probably just vote Cephrir.

Thanks!
I like my vote where it is for now. Oversoul has pinged my scumdar harder than Cephrir, who is more in the null/scum range. I could get behind an Om wagon, though.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, it's okay for you to withhold reasons for your town reads, but not me. Okay. That said I'll gladly provide reasons for all my reads up to this point fairly soon. The only thing your back-and-forth with Om established was that you're an idiot, and you managed to refute approximately nothing. Most of your other points consist mostly of "Nuh uh that wasn't what you were going to do" (a useless argument) and "You're trying to look town" (a teleological argument).

Gonna go back to ignoring you now.
Bartleby the Scrivener
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

Be my guest and investigate all you want.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Is that all you've got, Eddie?

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:11 pm

In post 645, Cephrir wrote:Oh, it's okay for you to withhold reasons for your town reads, but not me. Okay. That said I'll gladly provide reasons for all my reads up to this point fairly soon.

The only thing your back-and-forth with Om established was that you're an idiot, and you managed to refute approximately nothing.

Most of your other points consist mostly of "Nuh uh that wasn't what you were going to do" (a useless argument) and "You're trying to look town" (a teleological argument).
When your reasons for pushing me include not giving reasons for all my reads... yes, it's
not
ok for you to withhold reasons for town reads.

You would have to take that stance, wouldn't you?

Cute strawman. Also I eagerly await your argument re: teleological argument.
Om the Destroyer
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Om the Destroyer »

omg HD my skype hasn't received your message :P
I'm probably not going to be completely on the same page as HD until we can get something going (hooray for planning ahead :D).
So it'll probably be fine tomorrow.

~Pertayter

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”