Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:49 am

Post by Venmar »

If we are not going to lynch GreyGnarl, I will be accusing him, but seriously this is our best bet at a scum flip. We shouldn't be aiming for the accusation stage, we should be aiming for a scum flip. GG is our best bet imo.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 3:56 am

Post by Oversoul »

Never mind I was wrong about the lynch stuff.

Zor said if a lynch occurs 7 Days into the 14 Day deadline you will have 7 days (until the end of the deadline) to discuss things post lynch.
So if I'm lynched now you all will have basically 10 days to talk.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 4:58 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 906, Oversoul wrote:Kuribo, Red Dead is mostly eaten. I'm pretty sure it doesn't even have it's full Day 1.
Correction. It was entirely eaten, which is why chesskid's lyncher win will forever go down as unforgotten.

Doesn't change the fact that it happened, though.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:17 am

Post by MattP »

Townread on benmage goes out the fucking window

WHOOOOOSH

We are not lynching by page forty and losing what the absolute fuck
SlappyKrust
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 926, Oversoul wrote:Never mind I was wrong about the lynch stuff.

Zor said if a lynch occurs 7 Days into the 14 Day deadline you will have 7 days (until the end of the deadline) to discuss things post lynch.
So if I'm lynched now you all will have basically 10 days to talk.
Oh wow, I did not realize we have after D1 lynch to chat... I thought we just had additional time change our accusations. (and thought the game would be locked)

Hellz thats 10X better. We should definitely end sooner than later. Give us more time tomorrow to analyze post flips.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:19 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 928, MattP wrote:Townread on benmage goes out the fucking window

WHOOOOOSH

What are you talking about?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:22 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 924, Oversoul wrote:You are least confident that I will flip town but you've stated you are planning to win tomorrow regardless.
That is pretty ridiculous if you feel that you know who the scum is but you aren't trying to get them lynched especially when you'll get a second chance if you are wrong about them and we lynch them + they could flee.
I've been trying to get scum lynched.

Stamping my feet and whining about it, won't do anything.

People are universally too afraid to go after the Big Fish. So DGB will avoid the noose. (I hope she flees)

Therefore with the 'acceptable' lynches I am giving the town in my opinion the best chance to win (lynching you).
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:33 am

Post by MattP »

"IT'S PAGE FORTY IT'S TIME TO LYNCH OVERSOUL DISCUSSION MUST END BY PAGE FORTY"

I vote that our "deadline" is DAY ten since we don't apparently have discussion after that
SlappyKrust
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:46 am

Post by Benmage »

Hooked on Phonics doesn't work for everyone:
In post 920, Benmage wrote: The 40 page mark is arbitrary but symbolizes a point where we've had enough. I've had enough.
D1 is long enough, no? How much spam do we want... Let's keep discussion going post flips/flee.
***WE DO
get to discuss after the flips D1.

At this juncture that's the best move.

Why are you so dense?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2, zoraster wrote:
14 Day Deadline
  1. The game will be played in 14 days from when the game is started, including Day 1
    and any chat after Day 1
See?

Unless I'm somehow mistaken....
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:50 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 887, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 886, GuyInFreezer wrote:@DGB: having never experienced RQS before, can you tell me how answering stupid RQS is scummy? I'm just curious.
It's not 100% scumtell but I think that scum would be more likely to blindly comply, while townies have less problem going
"
what is this shit I am not wasting my time I have scum to hunt
."

I'm also weary of Benmage since his thinking is diametrically opposed to mine. I'm trying to fight my tendency to think that people with horrible logik and horrible reads are scumzors. If I had 4 or 5 votes tomorrow, I'd park one of them on Benmage to cover my bases.

I tend to ignore RVS/RQS for this reason.

The only time I tend to comply is newbie games where upon everyone is well served to have an RQS to get everyone to know each other.

I have doubts it does it's function, which is to galvanize players in the game. Often, all it does is form the first accusation for scum to base lame cases on. (And I've done it as scum.)

DGB, not to redirect, but what do you think of Matt P's assumptions on this page and his idea of stopping on day 10?

Same question for Benmage and stopping on page 40?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 928, MattP wrote:Townread on benmage goes out the fucking window

WHOOOOOSH

He's mentioned this before. Why are you jettisoning your town read on Benmage NOW? And if it's because you've not read the game the last eleven pages, I'mmma probably going to slap you.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:52 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1
Cogito Ergo Sum ( 1 )
Oversoul
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Ghostlin ( 1 )
JacobSavage
[/color]
(L - 8 )

greygnarl ( 4 )
kanyeknowsbest
Venmar
Kid A
MattP
[/color]
(L - 5 )

JacobSavage ( 4 )
T-Bone
DrippingGoofball
greygnarl
GuyInFreezer
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Kanyeknowsbest ( 1 )
Quilford
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Oversoul ( 5 )
kuribo
Cogito Ergo Sum
Ghostlin
BBMolla
benmage
[/color]
(L - 4 )

Total Votes ( 16 )

Needed to Lynch [ 9 ]

GAME Deadline: May 17th at 15:00 EDT
(expired on 2013-05-17 15:00:00)
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:53 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Mod, --cough-- five votes on OS

Fixed, thanks. -Zor
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:01 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Honestly, here's my feelings on lynching since it's such a big deal.

I don't think we should lynch anyone with an arbitrary page count. I don't want to be sitting here for a eleven days because we get folks who talk a lot and fill up two pages.

I think waiting until day 10 is slightly better, but probably a nice round number for discussion, maybe 48-72 hours remaining, treat that as deadline for lynch. Otherwise our post game analysis would be close to useless.

Now, we can always play like most Day 1's, wait until dead line---that's not necessarily bad except none of the town players will get the sounding board we need.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:08 am

Post by MattP »

We have had MULTIPLE new wagons in the past ten pages

This game isn't over, we aren't nearly well enough informed yet to make a decision and I was to be right the first time

Speeding to a lynch negligent of the circumstance is crappy and destroys any town cohesiveness we have for a sloppy qucklynch that will leave us disoriented

I have a suggestion. That is, I'm going to think about a town bloc to try to up cohesiveness and I'm going to think about thIngs we need to do before this day is up. On that list is to get something out of CES who has done shit and is getting away with it
SlappyKrust
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Benmage »

My point is this:

Say in the remainder of the time given we take the game to 80 pages. If we give only 48-72 hours to analyze we'll get say 10 pages post flip/flee. So that's 30 more pages of D1 back n forths wagons up wagons down etc (the #'s are clearly arbitrary).

**My point is the value of analyzable work and questions/interactions after seeing potentially 2 people flip is indisputably more valuable. I'd rather wrap up today as quickly as possible (at this point) and give us the most time tomorrow to work with more/better information.

Ideally sure, we could talk another 30 pages nail scum and be done with it. But call me a 'realist'..we could talk 30 more pages and mislynch and now not have sufficient time to do post flip inquiries.

I'm trying to give us the best chance I guess in the "worst case scenario"....

*pedit: I'm not saying lets rush a lynch... but newsflash if we don't get our act together, it'll be rushed at your 10 day mark, or our 14 day mark or something of the sort.
*****I think we should give a 72 hour Deadline from this point on (let people pool their votes/compromise/get the #2 as if this was the deadline!)
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:16 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I'm not getting into the town bloc then, MattP?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:16 am

Post by Oversoul »

Matt vote him with me
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:16 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 940, MattP wrote:We have had MULTIPLE new wagons in the past ten pages
Exactly we have our homework for today, let's leave time for tomorrow.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:18 am

Post by kuribo »

Once one of the scum flees, though, any continuing wagon analysis or interaction goes out the window. We all become third party.

If we don't lynch right today, the ONLY interactions we'll be able to judge from the fleeing scum is whatever they post today. They won't be around to incriminate or defend their scumbuddy.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 945, kuribo wrote:Once one of the scum flees, though, any continuing wagon analysis or interaction goes out the window. We all become third party.

If we don't lynch right today, the ONLY interactions we'll be able to judge from the fleeing scum is whatever they post today. They won't be around to incriminate or defend their scumbuddy.
We're independent, but we all have the same WIN CONDITION. We all want to know the final scum.

*actually fuckit, someone could totally troll the game as it doesn't matter if other people get mad, they alone can make their own(right) decision.

I give up.... You guys handle the day as you want.

unvote vote CES
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:22 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 942, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I'm not getting into the town bloc then, MattP?
Probably neither am I if Matt's epileptic trees for the past three to five pages are any indication. I'm not fussed.

Ben: Besides skill level, what's your reason for wanting DGB lynched?

Really, I'm not unhappy with the OS/Gnarl/JS wagon split right now. It's not a combination where I'd feel uncomfortable voting for the wagons, not like say...a Benmage/DGB split.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Oversoul »

That's the first time you've called Benmage town even if it was an oblique read
When did you decide he was town?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:02 am

Post by MattP »

I'm feeling better about benmage again

I will say this. If we don't lynch GG he will flee. And when he flees I was be absolutely livid that you made me lose the game.
SlappyKrust

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”