Newbie Setup (Matrix6 implemented)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:57 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Bird 7P would probably be scumsided if it weren't an open setup.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 am

Post by Leafsnail »

I seem to remember the stats suggested every 2of4 setup was reasonably balanced except doc/townie, which was 75% scum win. Basically that kind of setup should be avoided.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

In post 602, Zachrulez wrote:Eh, have a roleblocker exist in all 2 power role setups, and have no scum power when only 1 exists? Results in weaker scum teams when town power is weaker but gives scum room to fakeclaim in those setups. (I think it's important not to encourage a meta where uncountered claims are considered town so having setups where scum can make uncountered claims is somewhat important to me.)

That should eliminate the concept of a cop being guaranteed to exist when a roleblocker does because that throws a few roleblocker setups in where one doesn't.

What I'm proposing would look like this.

1 Cop, 1 Tracker, 5 VT vs 1 Goon, 1 Roleblocker
1 Cop, 1 Doc, 5 VT vs 1 Goon, 1 Roleblocker
1 Tracker, 1 Doc, 5 VT vs 1 Goon, 1 Roleblocker
1 Cop, 6 VT vs 2 Goons
1 Tracker, 6 VT vs 2 Goons
1 Doc, 6 VT vs 2 Goons

I like the general idea, but a successful roleblock would effectively confirm both PRs and might actually be a bad thing for scum. Seems weird.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Leafsnail »

To fix that you could just make it so the scum has a factional roleblock in the 2 PR case (crucially this means the town can't confirm there are 2 PRs by lynching one of the mafia members). But there's another problem with the setup: that it may actually be a bad thing to use the roleblock, because it tells a blocked PR that another PR exists.

I much prefer the idea to complicated and meta-gamey matrices, but you'd need to switch the power to something else.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (isolation #4) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:47 am

Post by Leafsnail »

In post 761, Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:do we care that the Tracker will automatically catch Mafia in setup 3 above (assuming they track a Mafia)? The BP Townie ability is passive, so he can't be tracked. I don't see an issue with it, just throwing it out there.
The tracker will actually always know they've hit mafia if they track a successful kill - the only other town PRs that can exist are doctor (if they visited that person there wouldn't have been a kill on them) and bulletproof (who wouldn't produce a track result). I'd say they're still weaker than a cop though, since they have to target one particular mafia member (and the mafia can turtle and not kill if they really have to).

Return to “Mafia Discussion”