Mini 368: Town Of Suspicion - Game over!

al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:08 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I did not have a good night's sleep.

FoS: whoever said that. Or were those just voices in my head?

Rosso? Who should we HAMMAH today?
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:09 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Vote: Thok

Beat me to the first post.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:06 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Rosso Carne wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote: Rosso? Who should we HAMMAH today?
thok.

I'd hammah.
Thank you Rosso, the rest of the scum group agress too.

unvote
I wanna be the HAMMAH, not the bandwagon starter.

Ok, CES's third unexplained vote
is
in fact very suspicious, but in the context in which it was used, I'm going to note it for future reference.

As for PJ and LML, first of all, thanks for giving us discussion so early in the game. Who needs random voting now? I think LML is attacking PJ too much on the topic though, much more than he needs to be, but he has a point in PJ pointing out so publically that he believes there to be only one mafia. IMO you shouldn't speculate on that until after at least one night, and after one night, I don't see speculation on it as a scummy thing to do. Knowing if there's one scum group vs. multiple scum groups can be very helpful. Sometimes you can tell when two players are obviously not of the same alignment. If there's only one scum group, and one of those two are scum, then the other is likely town. If there's multiple scum groups, then that other player could still be scum, just in another group.

Thok wrote: MM is doing a Lloyd imitation. I have no idea why.
That's a biiiig mistake. PJ will back me up on this one. (I sure hope MM isn't a mason.)

@PJ's last post
in reference to the random vote part, I think we're already past the random voting stage, we have some good discussion points up now. Besides, his HAMMAH target had 3 votes on him.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:13 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Ok, LML's latest post makes me feel better about him now. His points
were
over the hill, but the reasoning was good. Trying to make PJ crack under the pressure, which didn't happen.

He also brings up good points on Mith which are true, and I thinkI've seen only one other person point them out so far.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

We also haven't heard much from Pooky, but of course it's still early in the game.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:27 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:Ok, CES's third unexplained vote is in fact very suspicious, but in the context in which it was used, I'm going to note it for future reference.
Oh please, I always prefer a bandwagon vote over a random one. That vote was in no way indicative of my alignment. A fourth vote, maybe, but certainly not the third.

Also
OMGUS strongest FoS: LmL
for exaggeration and attacking me over my playstyle.

Current scum group guess: Thok, LmL, lurker
Actually that vote of yours was more a point in your favor than a point against you, however, since I'm not able to note that in my notes, I'll probably forget it by the time I can finally open them again. For the most part though, yes it was no indication of alignment.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:33 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

If you read Primetime TV Mafia, then you'd understand PJ's and my frustration towards Lloyd and how he plays as mason...

But it's time to get back on topic.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:18 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

My thoughts on PJ not unvoting.

Like he said, there seemed no reason to unvote, we're at 7 to lynch, so maybe at 4+ votes on Thok, with no reason
to
vote him, you should be taking votes off, and probably looking at that 4th vote. Thok hadn't given any reason to unvote him, and leaving the vote on requires that he provides some sort of a reason. There also wasn't good reason for somebody else to be voted, so there was no need to be changing his vote anytime soon either.

@Rosso, I too want to know specifically what you're talking about as far as PJ's case against LML. The entire discussion was much more of PJ defending himself against LML than PJ making a case/attacking/whatever against LML.

For those who I can already see will accuse me of being scum with PJ and defending him. I am pointing out arguments for lynching PJ that I don't agree with, and I am pointing out why I don't agree with them. I don't think I should sit idly by while a townie gets lynched for those reasons when I don't agree with them personally.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:42 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I personally didn't find too much worth attacking Rosso on at the time.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:47 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

mith wrote:
FOS: al_kohaulec
. That was a strangely defensive post, considering what you were "defending" against.
EOC: Thok
, who thinks there's a lot left to discuss, but doesn't discuss much else other than the deadhorse Lloyd thing.

I want to see at least one more post out of MM before I consider switching; preferably with thoughts on the other players.
???

Are you referring to my post where I said I had no reason to attack Rosso?

I didn't have anything going for or against me for that, and I didn't think anything would come up with me saying that. Honestly that was mostly a "posting to be posting" post, but I just wanted to say that I didn't find Rosso particular worthy of an attack. I wasn't really defending against anything as there was nothing to defend against.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #99 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:12 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

nothing for or against as in, well, I generally thought the entire post would be ignored. It was mostly a comment on his thoughts.

I didn't think people would attack me for saying that.

I didn't think people would stand in awe at me saying that.

I really wasn't expecting any sort of interaction about it at all.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #109 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:15 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

When I read M4yhem's post, I was suspicious about him voicing who the three scum were, and then voting Mith. I hadn't at the time noticed that he didn't mention anything on Mith when he did to everybody else. His random vote is, as Mith says, quickly removed to 'appease' Mith. I didn't want to post until he responded to some of the above accusations because even though it looked like it could've been just a joke, the way he formed it still looked scummy and I wanted to hear if he would say whether or not he was joking w/o me influencing him towards saying it.

Then looking over his short review of players, it's mostly all one-liners. It's good that he's voicing his opinion of who he finds scummy and not, but he doesn't have any good reason.

As for who he said was scum, he said me for that 'premptative defense against nothing.' Thok for pushing a point further then it should go when it was something M4yhem considered a 'non-issue.' and finally Ameliaslay for fence sitting.

Until he elaborates on the fence sitting, his case against Amelia is the weakest, and I think his case against Thok is the only one with any good reasoning (but that's all how you interpret my "defense.")
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #120 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:07 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

M4yhem wrote: Two things bother me about this, Al:
1. Why are you sounding so defensive when only Tyfo has voted you? Guilty conscience?
2. How do you know PJ is a townie?

Vote:Al_Kohaulec
1.) I'm explaining my actions. They will be questioned, as they are being now by you. I had no idea how many votes I had until you told me just now. That's not what was important to me. Just like I said in my post, in that quote, if I don't agree with something, I'm not going to sit by and watch it happen, I'm going to do something about it. In the game of mafia, if we see a player we believe to be town, if we sit idly by while he's being attacked, we'll slowly lose the game.
2.) I don't
know
that he's a townie, but I don't see how any of the arguments I've seen against him hold any relevance towards him being scum.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #133 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:25 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

PJ wrote:Al_Ko: You have been giving your opinions on arguments lately, but not stating who you think is most likely scum. Could you please tell us who you suspect instead of who don't suspect, possibly in the form of a vote?
First of all, don't expect too much from me for the rest of this week. I'm busy with college for the most part from 6 in the morning to 11 at night. So ya, I'm cutting deeply into sleeping time here.

Anyways, I've been focussing a lot on M4yhem lately, I want to review any previous games he's been in before passing judgement. He really looks like terrible scum right now, but I am trying to figure out if he is just 'a silly townie.' Apparently he's new, so I don't know how many games he's played in before.

LML is questionable, but I'm leaning towards town.

Pooky I haven't heard much from. We miss you Pooky. :(

Mith is looking a little suspicious, but he's mostly just on my watch list for now.

CES I lean a little more towards town, but he's still on the watch list as he could easily swing the other way.

Rosso I'm finding suspicious in his actions.

I still don't feel I'm ready to place a vote, but if I did, it'd be for M4yhem. If I decided otherwise, my vote would most likely go to Rosso.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #139 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:39 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

M4yhem wrote:Al_Kohaulec- I’ve finished two games on this site; both newbies. My side lost in both games. I’m currently in seven others (I think) and have just signed up to play my eighth.
You can see me as scum in mini 362. (I’ve died there but the games still going; it’s alright to mention it, right?) You can see me as town in newbie 260.
Ok, thank you very much for this. It doesn't hurt at all just saying you're dead in some games, but still don't talk about it until the game ends. I'll probably look at them, but won't reference them directly (The last game I played had a claimed serial killer get lynched and turn up town, based on what he said outside of the game, you can see how that may affect the in game scenario. Also, basing stuff on that can be difficult for the reason that one may look at that's how the said player plays as town, when he was in fact scum.). I will look over some of those games when I get a chance. Thank you.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #161 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:17 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Hmm.. interesting, part of my post defending PJ, which M4yhem finds most innocent, next to him, is what makes me the second most scummiest person on his list.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #165 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:09 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

M4yhem, I was merely curious as to why you put me into the scum category for defending and trying to stop a potential lynch on somebody I found to be town, and you also found him to be town.

Now Rosso is scummy, and I have some things I'd like to comment on some of your stuff, but I'll wait for Rosso to respond first.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #177 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:29 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

M4yhem, I'll try to get to answering that question when I have time, I need to try to remember the entire situation before answering it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #197 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:36 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

M4yhem wrote:Al_Kohaulec- Do not misrepresent me. I put you in the scum category for preemptively defending yourself not for defending PJ. I know you understood my allegation because you responded to it earlier, so why are you playing dumb now?
As for my guess at your reasoning for defending PJ if you were scum, like I said, I think you were buddying up to him so that you could go "I told you he was town" if he got lynched.
I think these are my two posts you are talking about.
al_kohaulec wrote:Hmm.. interesting, part of my post defending PJ, which M4yhem finds most innocent, next to him, is what makes me the second most scummiest person on his list.
al_kohaulec wrote:M4yhem, I was merely curious as to why you put me into the scum category for defending and trying to stop a potential lynch on somebody I found to be town, and you also found him to be town.

Now Rosso is scummy, and I have some things I'd like to comment on some of your stuff, but I'll wait for Rosso to respond first.
So both explain how I am suspicious because of my post regarding a player you find likely to be town. I think I need more of an explanation from you on what you're looking at.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #202 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:47 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Ameliaslay wrote: I have to agree with PJ here, however I think Rosso's willingness to hammer Thok is more in jest than anything.
My first thought on Rosso's hammering comment was that it was in jest also. But he kept up that 'jest' for quite a while, and after some of the comments from other players, I'm not too sure what I think on that subject, and would like to hear more from Rosso concerning it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #231 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:17 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

ugh, I stopped getting emails for this game. Now I'll get them again.

M4yhem, I'm just not seeing any real substance or anything in your accusation, I don't see much of anything to respond to, and you seem to be the only player who's seeing anything.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #232 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:33 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

M4yhem wrote: Alko- Wow, you did it again. Good job.

Here you seem to know what I mean:
al_kohaulec wrote: As for who he said was scum, he said me for that 'premptative defense against nothing.'
al_kohaulec wrote:
M4yhem wrote: Two things bother me about this, Al:
1. Why are you sounding so defensive when only Tyfo has voted you? Guilty conscience?
2. How do you know PJ is a townie?

Vote:Al_Kohaulec
1.) I'm explaining my actions. They will be questioned, as they are being now by you. I had no idea how many votes I had until you told me just now. That's not what was important to me. Just like I said in my post, in that quote, if I don't agree with something, I'm not going to sit by and watch it happen, I'm going to do something about it. In the game of mafia, if we see a player we believe to be town, if we sit idly by while he's being attacked, we'll slowly lose the game.
2.) I don't
know
that he's a townie, but I don't see how any of the arguments I've seen against him hold any relevance towards him being scum.
Here you misrepresent my case:
al_kohaulec wrote:M4yhem, I was merely curious as to why you put me into the scum category for defending and trying to stop a potential lynch on somebody I found to be town, and you also found him to be town.
I’m suspicious because you defended
yourself
pre-emptively, not cause you defended PJ. Get it?
ok, an explanation of my actions you're considering a pre-emptive degense. The overall post I made was generally directed towards reasoning why I thought PJ was town. The latter part of the post was reasoning and explanation for the post. My playstyle involves me using reason and logic, I'm sorry if you don't like it. I just don't see how you find that thing so scummy, and especially so much more so than many of the other players here.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #297 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:57 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ok, I'm back from my (short but desperately necessary) vacation, and apparently have a lot to read up on. Unfortunately I also have a lot of real life work to do, so I'll try to get up on this ASAP.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #298 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:59 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Also, wow at this going for 60 days and nearly 300 posts so far and still being day one. Talk about great D1 discussion.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #314 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:54 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

MeMe wrote:
Game note
:

lordy has yet to respond to either the email or PM I sent out on Friday and, actually, hasn't even logged in to pick up the PM. I plan to give him a full week (about 85 more hours) before assuming he's not coming back and pulling the plug on the game.
:shock:

I was planning to reread some of the thread today, if I do lordy better come back.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #316 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:01 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ya, I will.

I'm getting tired right now anyways.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #324 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:06 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Here comes Kelly, to save the day!

Yay!

...Great, now I wish I
had
done that full reread a couple of days ago. I don't feel as up to it right now... We'll see when I get around to it.

And I understand the modding situation, I'm modding 2, have 2 more coming up, and once a friend leaves I have to take over his game. So feel free to pass it off to somebody else to mod, as long as somebody knows the setup.

*hugs Kelly*
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #337 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:38 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

petroleumjelly wrote:Oh, gosh dangit. I was actually hoping this game would be abandoned, it feels like we have gone nowhere in the past few weeks (and having a player absent an entire month is not helping things).

Guess I'll wait for the rest of Thok's response.
I was too honestly, but I just wanted to get out of all my games to actually have time again. I'd rather try to keep this one alive though. But Day 1 has been going on too long IMO.

I guess now I should find time to do that reread.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #348 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Mith, you asked who I find to be the two most suspicious people. When I do the reread, I plan to try to post my stance on everyone, or most everyone. So if all goes well I should be able to post more than just my top two suspects.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #353 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:36 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

yay, scum go BOOM again.

Now I have to figure out what's happened all over again.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #376 (isolation #30) » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:00 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

ok, so I know I've been doing terribly now with everything. I've spent most of my time with mafia lately trying to get Meadow of Sorrow mafia together. I'm going to take M4yhem's suggestion to do the reread in chunks, but I have an exam coming up and some papers to write, so I'll probably have to wait until around Tuesday before I can get into it. I'm sorry for my long delay.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #390 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:50 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Yay Kelly! :goodinfo:

Too bad this downtown was very inconvenient for me. I didn't have much time anyway to reread during Thanksgiving break, but it was much more than now. I'll try to see what I can do though.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #394 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:52 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

/sits down and waits for another forum explosion.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #400 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:56 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Ya, it keeps blowing up everytime I'm about to have time to read. I think I should just stop trying to catch up so it'll stay unblown up ;).
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #405 (isolation #34) » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:30 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

mith wrote:Logs are still encouraging, don't expect more downtime in the near future.
My avoidance of a full reread are successful. >_>

I've thought about trying to for now just focusing on what's going on from here on out, but when I did that before, it didn't work out too well, so I'm torn between doing that, and waiting another couple of weeks when my quarter ends. Which reminds me, I have to start an essay :P. But it looks like CES is the lynch today, as eveybody's voicing their intent to vote for him (though not actually voting yet).
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #410 (isolation #35) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

M4yhem wrote:I didn't really find my reread that helpful. I honestly think our best bet is to lynch, see what the night brings and then take it from there.
Just like Mith I found this very peculiar. A reread is always helpful, especially when I have absolutely no idea what's going on now. And here he is implying in his comment that a reread would be a waste of time, and pressures me (and everybody else, but more directly me) to vote for CES, of which for me at the moment would be mostly a bandwagon vote.

I would agree i want to get into night and get the game rolling, but this comment is trying to get us to totally disregard what's happened so far, and I don't like it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #437 (isolation #36) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:09 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I'd hate to be supporting abandoning the game, but I agree that we need to go to night, progress the game. I do not want to see a deadline extension. I honestly don't know/remember why we were voting CES (or whoever), and I'm unsure between Mith and M4yhem. M4yhem I've mostly been unsure of because I can never tell if he's being scummy or if I'm just being annoyed by his playstyle, but I think for now he's my best bet for scum.

Vote: M4yhem
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #439 (isolation #37) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:59 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

M4yhem wrote:Al_Kohaulec- I read and reread your post, and I still don't see a reason for why you are voting me. You mention my playstyle being annoying, and then talk vaguely about me being scummy without giving any specific examples. Also, I like the way you casually try to derail the CES bandwagon by implying it has no basis while making it look like an aside. A possible connection there? Certainly, if CES were to come up scum I'd be looking more closely at you.
Fos:Al_Kohaulec
Hmm.. somebody told me not to reread the thread, it's a waste of time. I can't pull up specific examples w/o doing so. I am not implying that the CES wagon has no basis, but that I don't know what it is. But you enjoy twisting my words against me nonetheless.
M4yhem wrote: That's four on me, which along with the modkills puts me in the lead. Would any of those voting me like to hear a defense, or are you just voting for the fun of it?
Just for the fun of it obv, defenses
never
help anybody. Just keep stalling.
M4yhem wrote:Al- You are normally quite hesitant to vote (ref: your behaviour re relyte and ces).
So what cast-iron evidence has Mith or my other accusers produced that would lead you to not only vote for me, but also try to insure the deadline stays in place, thus almost guaranteeing my lynch in two days?
Mith is also high on my suspects list, and I'm very unsure about him too. It was a close call between which of the two of you would be getting my vote, and right now I'm not seeing any reason from you to change it.
M4yhem wrote: Meh. I guess I'll claim tomorrow, which seems silly with four votes, but is nessecary, considerin the looming deadline.
Why would you wait until so close to the deadline, if you think it can save you when some people might not be on at that time to change their mind?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #449 (isolation #38) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:48 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I think I should start a rule in my personal games about direct questions to the mod in thread.

I don't know whether to think of it as a gambit or honesty. I am thinking M4yhem could be town, but not sure. I have another couple of days to change my mind.

M-Mafia's death doesn't give us the same information a lynch would give us. A lynch gives us the information on yet another player, and with that we can determine more about everybody's interaction with said player, blah blah blah, insert basic lynch argument here. And I'd prefer information in the form of lynches over scumkills. I think more information can be derived from it, and it is meant to bring us closer to our goal.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #456 (isolation #39) » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:09 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I have started rereading part of the thread, I was thinking of looking in a different direction, but I think you're making up that part of the mention of the mod there. If you aren't then it was stupid to have mentioned it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #481 (isolation #40) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:49 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

petroleumjelly wrote:Actually, here are my top suspects:

1.) Thok
2.) Al_Kohaulec

I have about 3 people vying for spot #3 currently, but Al_Ko and Thok are the scummiest in my eyes by far.
Now remember PJ, as scum I am tricksy, so if I were to be scum you would never find me suspicious. Therefore, since you find me suspicious, I couldn't possibly be scum because I'm tricksy as scum, and if you find me suspicions, I'm not being tricksy and am therefore not scum.

On a serious note, I did not like that hasty bandwagon finishing off M4yhem yesterday, I was seriously pondering switching my vote, and was disappointed to see that day had ended so ubruptly. I want a more clearer explanation from the two who were the last vote on M4yhem yesterday.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #484 (isolation #41) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:23 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Thok, didn't you say yesterday that you
would
answer the rest of PJ's questions? And now you're saying you don't see any reason to?

Inconsistency FTL.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #496 (isolation #42) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:32 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Pab, why do you not think the last two votes that actually lynched M4yhem are noteworthy?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #499 (isolation #43) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:09 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I didn't like either of them to be honest. The last vote I thought was more suspicious than the second to last one, but I have been too busy to note who they each came from (I'm still trying to prepare for my calc final tomorrow, and I have to wake up at 5 in the morning for it), I only just now, that you pointed it out, realized that the second to last vote is now from a dead player.

I was leaning on changing my vote to Mith as the deadline came closer. I also didn't like it because had they done nothing, M4yhem would've been lynched, save a BIG swing in votes (which has happened many tmies before), and deadline was really close anyways, but even with all the discussion going on, they still went and ended day early, and immediately after his claim. It happened so suddenly I honestly never saw M4yhem's claim, I just saw his role posted in the lynch post. Thok should've allowed us all to be able to look over M4yhem's roleclaim and evaluate it before jumping to a conclusion and killing M4yhem.

As far as the game itself is concerned, I don't know what to think of Thok's role being almost the same, but slightly different then M4yhem. I'm not that familiar with the specifics of these types of minis, but like PJ said, i wasn't expecting the any type of discontinuity like this. I wasn't even expecting a variant of a roleblocker tbh.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #501 (isolation #44) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:04 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

yay, alkowagon.

I think this is the first time there's a wagon against me that I don't see/agree with points brought up against me.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #503 (isolation #45) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:41 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

heh, strange, I thought there were more.

I must be thinking of my other game right now :P My bad.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #505 (isolation #46) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:44 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Yaus, that one.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #529 (isolation #47) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:29 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

You're referring to two different people M4yhem.

Anyways, I just realized I have a huge website project I need to finish soon that I haven't even started, and I'm going out of town Tuesday and Wednesday. A brief explanation of my suspicions on M4yhem I was at first I was trying to decide between Mith and M4yhem, like I said yesterday, it seemed like people were leaning towards CES, but I had no idea why, and wasn't finding a reason. For a while I was assuming he'd be the lynch. Anyways, between you and Mith, I was starting to lean towards you, so I started pressuring you to see your response. You respond by calling everybody else attacking you scum, totally ignoring any points made against you, and what really annoyed me was that you started metagaming to prove your innocence (the whole talk about replacing in after being lynched). There was also you implying benefits of a no lynch when you were likely to be lynched and we only had about 2 or 3 days left before night. Furthermore, you said you would roleclaim, and yet you stalled it out for much longer than a townie who intends to roleclaim should.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #530 (isolation #48) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:31 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

As for people seeing me as scummy, I see a lot of people voicing their suspicions of me, but I'm either missing or not seeing any reasoning yet to respond to.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #533 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

well PJ, if you remember, I had a bad recollection of the game to begin with, and after the board explosion, I really needed to do a reread to know anything. I was really busy (as I had kept saying), and so I was going to wait a couple days before rereading. The day I promised to do a reread, the boards blew up again. I remember somewhere in the middle of everything blowing up, I pretty much bandwagonned with one player against another because of their reasoning, I think it was you I was voting, and I later found out the reason for voting you was bad because it was out of context. Later when I once again had time to do a reread, we were under threat of being abandoned, so why waste my time doing a reread if we're going to abandon the game? Then Kelly comes in and takes over. Tell me PJ, how can I take a definite stance on something or even make an appearance if I have no idea what the hell is going on and can't remember anything that has happened before in the game?
PJ wrote:Your posts also seem to focus more on preemptive defenses rather than attacking anybody
You mean when I premptively defended myself when I was defending you? Well that's because I had to read over everybody's posts before I could attack anybody, and that one preemptive defense was being looked at heavily on me, so that got a lot more attention than anything else I was doing.

PJ, why are you not making any specific attacks against me? You say you need to reread the game first? Why do you think I can't make any attacks on anybody?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #545 (isolation #50) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:13 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

petroleumjelly wrote:Don't get sassy with me, Alky: I can't quote specific things because it happened quite a while ago and I
at this moment
I do not have time to reread the thread. I have done quite a bit of attacking this game after reading back in the game
prior to this time
, and I will get to you in due time. I still think there is much discussion to be had on Thok in particular before I start putting you under a magnifying glass.
What the hell PJ? You totally missed the point. I tried to make it pretty clear that the reason you were unable to post a decent attack on me was because you did not have the time to dig up my posts at the time. I was trying to get you to put that in perspective with how I've been unable to attack people specifically because I do not have the time to look up posts.

Now I really don't feel like trying because there seems to be nobody who doesn't think I'm scum, nobody's going to listen to me, and I have a lot more work I need to be doing besides wasting my time here where my voice will not be heard.

I'll let you guys go ahead and lynch me and bring the scum one step closer to winning this game. If I happen to find time and reason enough to care to post something of content here, maybe I will and maybe somebody will listen, but I doubt it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #548 (isolation #51) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:01 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Wow PJ, I'll give you I've been playing badly this game, and a lot of those are true, but there are a lot still that are taken out of context and false.

For one instance, you say I pushed the CES lynch. I in no way tried pushing it, I merely stated what I saw, which was everybody voicing their scummy opinion on CES. It's like how now there are people voicing their scummy opinions of me, and a few days ago, there were people voicing their scummy opinions of Thok. I did not back it up, I never posted anything against CES, I've even made posts that clearly said I had no idea why people where voting CES.
M4yhem wrote:
mith wrote:
FOS: M4yhem
. This reads to me like you are certain there are three scum. Based on what we know, that's probably the most
likely
setup, but this feels like a slip.
Nonsense. You admit yourself that three is the most likely setup; and anyway, we’re in the normal games section, aren’t we? It seems like a fair assumption, and I think it’s ridiculous for you to fos me for it, mith.
This is interesting to note from Mith. Mith is trying to cast suspicion on M4yhem II for speculating on scumgroups based on the most likely and thusly assumed setup. It may still be early for speculation, but it feels pretty safe to assume based on the type of game and last night that there is most likely one group of 3 scum. We can use this information to our advantage the way M4y did here:
M4yhem wrote:I think it’s almost definite there was one scum on that wagon, it’s likely there were two, but three would really be pushing it, so the third scum is either someone who pretended to be against lynching me, or someone who was on the sidelines watching.
And Mith uses it as an excuse to cast suspicion on M4y, calling it a 'slip.'
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #555 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:33 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

That's you misreading the post. Somebody once said that nobody remembers exactly what was said, everybody just remembers their own meaning of it. Exactly what I typed is there for all to see, and your interpretation is different then my implied meaning, which is "many people are voicing their opinion that CES is scum, and a deadline is coming soon, it looks like CES is going to be lynched." And you consider my observation advocating a lynch that seems to be already prevalent.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #562 (isolation #53) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:59 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

yes PJ, if I had time to read the thread back then, I would've evaluated posts and tried to come to conclusions.

You have no idea how much I'm holding back my anger right now at you. I've had a very protown feel from you in the beginning, but you are trying so hard to get me lynched because I've struggled to try to figure out what's been going on in this game. I've never deliberately avoided ever trying to reread the thread, except for now, because I see no point. I have attempted to reread on multiple occasions, and the boards blowing up have always screwed that up for me. I did get somewhat of a reread in a couple weeks back. I never got around to actually analyzing any of it, but for what it's worth, this is what I found from my notes on a partial reread.

PJ “randomly” guesses that the scum group is Thok, Machiavellian-Mafia, and mith
PJ also assumes there is only one mafia
LML questions PJ’s motives for speculating publicly that there is only one mafia. Says only mafia would do that. Also says the second vote on Thok (mine being first) was bandwagonish.
PJ explains his actions.
CES places third vote on Thok
LML attacks PJ for trying to hard to know the townie role PM. FoSes CES for voting Thok.
MM votes self, and states you can’t read too far into the role Pms
Rosso answers my question, saying he’d HAMMAH Thok.
PJ refutes LML again, pushes an small attack towards LML as well, says Mith read well into the rules as well but that LML is not using the same argument against him.
LML says it’s too soon to speculate on scum groups.
CES tells LML to vote for Thok
LML explicity states it was a no night discussion before day game, when the mafia could talk for a brief period of time before the game started.
PJ points out that LML conveniently missed the mafia can talk preday rule.
Mith says he would’ve voted CES for his bandwagon third vote on Thok, but is torn between CES and MM’s self vote. Mith questions why PJ never unvoted Thok.
PJ points out that he has no reason to unvote Thok yet. Jokingly speculates that the scum group is Thok, Cogito Ergo Sum, mith
Post # 31
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #567 (isolation #54) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:23 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

petroleumjelly wrote:The fact is, in one week, this game will hit the
four month mark
. Most mini games would be over by now. Players who have been playing a game for almost four months should have a fair idea of who they think is scummy by that time, even if there has been a month (I will consider that all of November) full of Mafia Scum crashes.

I am more than willing to wait for your analysis, but I do expect to see one (a finished one) soon.
The problem is that after... well I don't know when, I believe i was inactive for quite a while and lost touch with the game. After I lost touch, I started to forget, and that is why for the past few months I've been trying to avoid joining games (but did join a couple that I knew would end soon. They've already ended), and have been trying to end every game I've been in. Like you I started to stop caring and hoping for an abandonment. With little memory of what's happened, and little care for the game, I had little to go off of to determine scuminess and such.

I was not plnaning no making any sort of an analysis before dying, and thought that I had made that clear, but seeing as how it should be my duty to help town, and we are most likely going to be at lylo when tomorrow hits, I guess I'll try to do as good of an analysis as I can. At the very least I'll try to do a brief overview of voting patterns and such.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #568 (isolation #55) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:24 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

BTW, I'm going to try to do that skim tonight, and as for 3 posts, to be honest, I probably won't find any. I was excited when this game first started to of had so many good players, but was disappointed about not being able to figure out who was likely scum.

Now I'm off to read...
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #573 (isolation #56) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:20 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I is on page 7 and made a batch of brownies while working :D.

I'm finding some interesting information in my reread, I knew it was wise to ignore M4yhem's comment that a reread was useless.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #575 (isolation #57) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:42 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Ok... what I've got so far, Mith attacked a lot of people day one, and it seemed more for the intent to lynch rather than the intent to question and such. I'm very suspicious of Mith for how he tried getting so many people lynch.

An interesting thing I noticed with LML (I feel like I or somebody else brought this up before), but when he was pressuring PJ with his questions, the questions were obviously absurd and LML had no grounds to really attack on. His first post after a number of players stated their thoughts that his attacks were too over the top said that he was trying to make PJ 'crack' and to no avail. I find this suspicious in LML, and I haven't played often with him, but I know he has a reputation of being very tricky scum, so I'm very suspicious of him as well.

From what I've read so far, I would be somewhat suspicious of CES as a possible scum player, if he wasn't already dead.

PJ I believe to be town. Rosso (and henceforth his replacement) I believe to be protown, although playing poorly.

Pooky (now M4yhem II) I was getting more town tells than scum, though I haven't read much from him to be sure.

I'm not too sure on the rest yet. But those are some thoughts so far. I know I don't have reasonings attached, but I have a long list of notes of the first few pages that I'll start posting after I finish with day 1. I need to sleep though if you guys don't mind waiting.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #587 (isolation #58) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Rosso Carne wrote:also, alko is a hottie.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #588 (isolation #59) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I've currently got over 3 pages of notes from skimming parts of the thread, I think it would be best to make it public for everybody to see it, but since we don't have spoiler tags on these boards, I have to find a way to avoid it taking up too much space.

Anyways, current thoughts with brief reasoning on some players.

PJ
is town, but I could be wrong on that. There’s still a weird feeling I get from PJ this game. He's been helpful, he's probed when needed, hasn't overreacted, looks at everybody for any scumtells and whatnot. But like I said, there's something about him that seems different this game, and I'm not too sure what it is. I'm saying town, but could be wron.

LuckayLuck/Rosso
is town. Rosso went through this game barely here, not caring much. He had little interest, and joked some. He hasn't done anything incredibly scum IMO, and hasn't helped us much either, but I believe his actions show him to be protown.

M4yhem II/Pooky
is town. Pooky, while he was here, probed around with good questions. He never attacked somebody for something that was uncalled for, he posed the types of questions that could yield powerful results in finding scum or just more information, and left it open ended enough (didn't give the player a hint to the right answer while asking) so that the one being interrogated would have an easy out.

Mith
is scum. Like I said, he attacks just about everybody he can whenever he gets a chance. Pushing for scum tells and interrogation is one thing, pushin to lynch is another. He's quick to jump from attacking one player to another, he doesn't seem to actually 'close' any 'interrogations' on previous players, merely attack the most vulnerable player and head towards a lynch. If he sees that isn't working for him, he heads for somebody else.

Pablito/LML
is scum. Mostly in his first argument towards PJ. If PJ turns up scum, I'd probably think LML was town. Anyways, he was attacking him early in the game for craplogic. He kept pushing consistently and pushing too far. It looked like he was trying too hard to reach for a lynch. As soon as everybody else piped in their opinions on how LML's attacks were uncalled for and unneccessary, LML shrugged it off as a 'test' on PJ.

Thok
TSQ/Ameliaslay
CTD/Tyfo

These three I have no idea on yet, if I'd have to make a guess, I'd probably say TSQ is most likely to be scum, then Thok, then CTD, but I really don't have any idea either way right now, and I'm reading into these three's individual posts right now.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #589 (isolation #60) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

oh ya,

Vote: Mith

He's my prime suspect.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #594 (isolation #61) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Hey! Look at that. I got a little bit more discussion before I get lynched.
pablito wrote:Wow thanks for giving something to defend against, because you know your whole argument against LML/Relyte/pablito only refers to LML. You didn't even bother to attack Relyte, who I've heard was even scummier during the lost-posts period. And you've also forgotten that LML breadcrumbed vanilla...then later Relyte actually claimed vanilla. I don't think Relyte could've picked up on such a breadcrumb from LML. Then again, I don't think you've gotten that far in your analysis, since you never mentioned Relyte. So let us know when you have time to finish up your re-read. But really, I'm too impatient, so I'd rather we just lynch you now.
I haven't gotten to all of the later posts yet. I haven't gotten through every tiny little detail, I am busy. I did not forget about LML breadcrumbing vanilla, that is in my notes, but I'm not taking that simple breadcrumb as an obvious scumtell.

I guess I should make it a little more clearer on my suspicions of him though. I'm not convinced he is scum, and that breadcrumb
does
in fact add a little bit in his favor, but I'm not letting that alone drop my suspicions of him.
petroleumjelly wrote:Not very impressed with Alky, I have to say. Of particular note:
Al_Ko wrote:
LuckayLuck/Rosso is town.
Rosso went through this game barely here, not caring much. He had little interest, and joked some. He hasn't done anything incredibly scum IMO, and hasn't helped us much either, but I believe his actions show him to be protown.
This doesn't even make sense to me. "His actions show him to be protown" has pretty much no basis behind it, because he doesn't even bother to explain why he thinks this. The placement of Rosso on the list (under me) is making me double-think the Alko-Rosso connection. In particular, that it is in fact just the opposite:
if
Alko ends up being scum, the way he worded this (it strikes me as purposefully weak, yet with a strong stance of "town"), as well as the placement of Rosso on the list, makes me think Alky is trying to consolidate a false connection so that he might be able to take a townsperson down with him later in the game if he is going to be lynched.

If Alky hasn't finished his analysis, I would like him to say as much, and then finish it.
Well, I have to say, I wasn't expecting anybody to be impressed. I really don't care. I've been wanting you guys to get this overwith a week ago. I figured while you were letting me live, I might as well get as much suspicion out there as I can because, I doubt anybody will look at it after I die, but one can hope.
Thok wrote:Pokes my head into the thread.

Much as I hate to just say "me too", but I'm also going to chime in on alko's analysis. I find it hard to believe that he has strong opinions on LML/Relyte/Pablito and LL/Rosso but can't say anything about me. It may be that he's still analyzing my posts (as he claims), but then I find it strange that he decided to save my posts for last (since there's a lot of interaction between me and the other early people on his list, and because I was the bandwagon at the beginning of the day.)

(I also find his comments on PJ incredibly vague. "I think PJ's town, but something off with him, and I can't/won't try to explain it".)
If you're talking about that bandwagon early where PJ, CES, and I were all voting you, I didn't see that as much to point out. Thinking back (that was early in my notes, so I wasn't analyzing much at the time), that is some points in your favor because you didn't overreact too much to it or anything, but there really wasn't much to react to. As PJ was saying back then, it was early random votes, not much to make of it. The third votes was CES just acting randomly stupid. No harm done really.

And obv I'm going to say I can't/won't try to explain it with PJ, he's my scumbuddy, c'mon. You think I'm gonna turn him in? If there's something off that I'm feeling, then that's probably because I noticed something different, but since it's only a feeling, I haven't seen anything material of physical to point out yet. Kind of a hard idea to grasp, but ya.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #595 (isolation #62) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

M4yhem wrote: if you don’t enjoy the game, or have time for it, ask to be replaced. I’m somewhat annoyed that you admit to just having left the game to die at one point; it seems somewhat selfish to kill a whole game, which other people were enjoying, because you didn’t want to play.

This isn’t meant as a rant, Al, but if you were really struggling so much, why not ask to be replaced? Isn’t this sort of situation the whole point of the replacement system?
I did not just leave the game to die. Plenty of others have, that's why they're being replaced. I said I'd prefer that it was abandoned over continued because we did nothing for so long and required so many replacements. I didn't think it was worth continuing. I thought about asking to be replaced, but on a personal (and yes selfish) note, I hate ever being replaced in games. I've only had it happen once, and this did come close to a second. However, on a selfless note, I knew i couldn't do that to the town, and the game.

Remind me M4yhem, did you not replace back into the game
immediately
after being lynched? Why is that? Did we haev a number of players who had abandoned the game and needed replacing, but we had nobody to replace in? Maybe if players like me and PJ decided to leave and ask for replacements way back then, then we probably never would've been able to continue the game like we're doing now. If I asked to be replaced, I'd be a deadweight player, just waiting to be modkilled due to not having enough replacements to come into the game. If I did not ask to be replaced (like I chose), then I can at least contribute somewhat, and be one extra town player in the game helping the town win this.

So tell me M4yhem, would it have been better for me to leave you guys with one less player and leave you in need of yet another replacement? Or did I do the right think in choosing to stay?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #596 (isolation #63) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Pab, I also don't like how you obviously don't care and just want to rush the lynch. I admit this lynch is taking way too long, but it's scummy to rush a lynch without proper discussion and such.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #598 (isolation #64) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:35 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Shrunk for reading convenience.

There's a few notes there to read, if you'd like

PJ “randomly” guesses that the scum group is Thok, Machiavellian-Mafia, and mith
PJ also assumes there is only one mafia
LML questions PJ’s motives for speculating publicly that there is only one mafia. Says only mafia would do that. Also says the second vote on Thok (mine being first) was bandwagonish.
PJ explains his actions.
CES places third vote on Thok
LML attacks PJ for trying to hard to know the townie role PM. FoSes CES for voting Thok.
MM votes self, and states you can’t read too far into the role Pms
Rosso answers my question, saying he’d HAMMAH Thok.
PJ refutes LML again, pushes an small attack towards LML as well, says Mith read well into the rules as well but that LML is not using the same argument against him.
LML says it’s too soon to speculate on scum groups.
CES tells LML to vote for Thok
LML explicity states it was a no night discussion before day game, when the mafia could talk for a brief period of time before the game started.
PJ points out that LML conveniently missed the mafia can talk preday rule.
Mith says he would’ve voted CES for his bandwagon third vote on Thok, but is torn between CES and MM’s self vote. Mith questions why PJ never unvoted Thok.
PJ points out that he has no reason to unvote Thok yet. Jokingly speculates that the scum group is Thok, Cogito Ergo Sum, mith
PJ points out there was nothing to respond to in LML’s argument.
PJ poses questions for LML and accuses him of fishing.
LML accuses PJ of being a possible SK, denies the fishing accusation.
Seol posts first post. Says LML was just looking for a big argument in the beginning, but overdid, it’s time to move on. Pointlessly votes CES.
Thok says LML is either borderline fishing or dramatically trying to outguess the mod.
PJ changes his vote to Rosso cause he’s posted but not posted anything.
Alko makes lame jokes, unvotes, and says we have enough discussion to stop random voting
Mith questions PJ leaving his vote on when there was enough discussion. He votes MM cause of his self vote, but will change to CES if he doesn’t make a good next post to make up for his wagon vote. Flaw in argument to PJ is there wasn’t much discussion at the time, and no reason was provided to not vote for Thok, and good discussion was still developing. If PJ would’ve voted say… LML at the time, it’d look like OMGUS.
After people start looking bad at LML, he unvotes PJ and makes the excuse that he didn’t ‘crack.’ Conveniently there were multiple posts downplaying his posts in between this post and his last post. He suspects Mith for ‘ducking’ and not contributing to the PJ/LML argument. Suspects CES for his behavior and Tyfo for random voting when there’s 3 pages, even though he just joined us.
CES FoSes LML for attacking Mith’s play style, guesses a scum group of Thok, LML, and a lurker
PJ accuses Mith and CES of being scum buddies, and attacks Mith for not wanting to vote CES, his scum buddy, and CES fosing LML for voting Mith, his scum buddy.
Mith tells LML he did take a stand. He said it was obvious that he was pressuring PJ, and found nothing wrong with PJ’s argument.
Rosso repeats that he’d hammah Thok, still contributes nothing.
Mith FoSes Rosso for not contributing. Says he can see Rosso as doing this, but he’s taking it to the extreme.
Rosso says that PJ has a crap and unfounded case against LML, and votes PJ and says he’s scum. PJ never had any serious case that could be considered crap and unfounded, Rosso posted this cause he was being pressured to add information.
LML says he thinks Rosso is a vanilla townie who is upset that he is a vanilla townie, and thusly doesn’t care. If LML is scum, he’d like to figure this out to know who
not
to hit.
PJ accuses LML of fishing in that last post, and tells Rosso to neither deny or confirm LML’s suspicions.
Thok is bothered not that PJ left his vote on him, but that he had to defend why he left his vote on him. PJ defended himself because he was being attacked for it.
Thok accuses PJ of snipping his quotes to only parts that make him look good.
PJ says he only quoted the parts worth responding to.
PJ and Thok argue back and forth, PJ states reasons for not unvoting and reasons why he originally did that.
Mith constantly tries to make it a point that his mention of PJ not unvoting is not casting suspicion, he merely find it
interesting
. I personally find it interesting Mith points it out and tries so hard to make a deal of it and make a big deal of how he himself is not trying to use that to point PJ to being scum.
Pooky makes a long elaborate post on reasons why Rosso is probably not active.
Mith says he’d be happy with a lynch on any of MM, CES, or Rosso. Interestingly enough, 2 of these three are dead and are town
Pooky says Rosso’s excuse (he’s with his wife) is a believable excuse, and he left it open ended w/o taking a stance previously to determine Rosso’s unbiased answer, as well as see if anybody jumped on and attacked Rosso for reasons in Pooky’s post.
Mith attacks me for my ‘overly defensive’ post regarding me not attacking rosso.
Mith accuses me of being paranoid scum.
M4yhem replaces Seol and makes a quick one liner summary of everybody except Mith and votes for Mith.
Mith attacks me some more, and then attacks M4yhem for his strange post. Saying he’s the first real contender for scum.
PJ points out that M4yhem was contradictory in his post, but merely FoSes him.
M4yhem explains that it was a random vote, and he describes a little more in detail his thoughts on a few specific players. Says Mith seems to be fence sitting, but he needs more time to read Mith.
Mith pops up and is appalled that M4yhem thought he was overreacting. Accuses M4y of overreacting.
M4yhem explains himself more, posts more thoughts on players, accuses Mith of reaching.
CES makes guess for scum group Thok, LmL, M4yhem. And still doesn’t contribute.
M4yhem starts questioning me
Mith says now he’s certain M4yhem is scum.
Rosso curses at M4yhem
M4yhem unvotes Rosso
Rosso says M4yhem is definitely scum now, and votes him.
Semi important M4yhem post, but here I decide to try to focus mostly on those living.
Pooky makes a quiz for M4yhem
PJ unvotes M4y cause he liked his response to Pooky’s questions.
Mith claims he sees nothing in M4yhem’s post that would clear him as innocent. Keeps suspicion on M4y.
Rosso states that Pooky and Mith are clearly the most protown players here.
CES still likes a M4yhem lynch.
Mith votes Rosso for voting somebody Rosso found innocent, then later Mith says he misread Rosso’s post.
AmeliaSlay admits Rosso and CES are being unhelpful, but sees no reason to lynch them.
Post 210, Relyte (replacing LML) points out M4yhem’s scummy actions and FoSes him. I also get bored at this point and go more directly into specific player’s posts.

Thok randomly votes LML
I randomly vote Thok
PJ randomly votes Thok
LML votes PJ for his vote.
CES votes Thok for having most votes
MM self votes
Amelia votes Rosso
Seol pointlessly votes CES
Pooky pointlessly votes CES
PJ unvotes Thok, votes Rosso.
Alko unvotes
Mith votes MM
Tyfo random votes alko
LML unvotes PJ, votes Mith

Rosso Carne: 2 (AmeliaSlay, Petroleum Jelly)
Machiavellian-Mafia: 2 (Machiavellian-Mafia, mith)
Mith: 1 (loud mouth lee)
Thok: 2:Cognito Ergo Sum, Al_kohaulec
Pooky: 1(Thok)
CES: 2(Seol, Pooky)
Al_kohaulec: 1(tyfo)

Rosso votes PJ
MM unvotes self, votes CES
M4yhem (replacing Seol) votes Mith
Mith unvotes MM, Votes M4yhem
M4yhem unvotes Mith.

Rosso Carne: 2 (AmeliaSlay, Petroleum Jelly)
Mith: 1 (loud mouth lee)
Thok: 2:(Cognito Ergo Sum, Al_kohaulec)
Pooky: 1(Thok)
CES: 3(Seol, Pooky, Machiavellian-Mafia)
Al_kohaulec: 1(tyfo)
Petroleum Jelly: 1(Rosso)
M4yhem: 1(Mith)

M4yhem votes alko
PJ unvotes Rosso, votes M4yhem
Thok unvotes, votes CES
M4yhem unvotes alko, votes Rosso
M4yhem unvotes, votes CES
Rosso unvotes, votes M4yhem
PJ unvotes M4yhem
M4yhem votes alko
PJ votes Rosso
Mith unvotes M4yhem, votes Rosso
CTD votes PJ

Heh, that looks kinda funny all shrunk down. :P
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #599 (isolation #65) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:39 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

pablito wrote:Also, I wouldn't mind ending the day at this time as unhelpful it could be.
This is one in particular that really bugged me. Flat out saying that you wanted something that wasn't helpful to us.

Anyways, since I don't remember the timeline, and it may take me some time to read it up in the thread...
pablito wrote:Relyte claimed vanilla, people say that LML breadcrumbed vanilla, and I have confirmed the vanilla role.
Does anybody remember which came first? The vanilla claim or having the breadcrumb pointed out? Also, I'm gonna try to figure out exactly when Relyte claimed/replaced in for additional verification purposes. This could clear Pablito.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #601 (isolation #66) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:51 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

al_kohaulec wrote:So tell me M4yhem, would it have been better for me to leave you guys with one less player and leave you in need of yet another replacement? Or did I do the right think in choosing to stay?
Not to mention MM was modkilled on account of not being able to find a replacement for him. (Unless if I'm mistaken...)
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #602 (isolation #67) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I think my lynch is taking so long because:

a.) Not everybody is convinced I'm scum, but no other options are being laid out on the table. and/or
b.) People want to hear me talk before killing me off.

Also, in my reread, I never got around to day 2 yet, so that should answer your question. Day one was really long :(.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #604 (isolation #68) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Thok wrote: As for the Relyte claim, LML breadcrumb thing, it seems that many of those posts disappeared in the Crash V2 part 1 (in particular Relyte's vanilla claim disappeared). I believe that I was the one to bring up the breadcrumb, and that it was only done after he had claimed, but obviously make your own judgement on it (although it is supported by what posts are around).

Ahh... I was looking everywhere for the claim, and not finding it anywhere... yay crash. I'll take your word for it though. I saw some references to his claim, even though I never actually saw the claim, and since Relyte I'm sure didn't know about the breadcrumb before and (unless given special mod permission) couldn't have talked to his scumbuddies, I'm sure he didn't know about it, making it all legit. That changes my mind about LML/Pab.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #605 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:15 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

oh, I would prefer not being lynched over being lynched. But I hate seeing games get abandoned, and we've gone days without saying anything just because I haven't been lynched yet. I've even been tempted to outright claim serial killer in games where I was one just to get the game moving again so it wouldn't die. Luckily it never came to that, and I don't know if it ever will, but I just think that when the game is progressing and everybody makes it so apparent I'm the only viable lynch they see, it's unhealthy to leave the thread stagnant for so many days.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #609 (isolation #70) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:53 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I found your predecessor, Rosso, to be town.

Who do think is mafia (or wolf) besides me? What would you think if I was lynched and turned up as town?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #611 (isolation #71) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

a lot of people agree that they think Mith is scum...
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #619 (isolation #72) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:20 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

role-claim.. hmm.. I expected myself to have claimed already by now :(.

Well anyways, I am nothing more than a mere townie, vanilla townie. That claim isn't going to save me, but I'm not going to lie.

Luckay, I still believe you are town, but there is a lot in your post that could be seen as scummy, and I won't bother to point them out now, but I would recommend against doing those in future mafia games because they can get you lynched. The other thing I didn't like is that you are mostly voting me because other people are. People are wrong sometimes, so... ya.

There are a lot of people who think I am scum, and a lot of people who think mith is scum. I am curious and would like to see where everybody stands on the two of us (PJ, at the very least this can give us important info later in the game after I'm dead). And do you have anything against lynching Mith before me?

obv I think mith is scum, and I am town. I would like to hear everybody else's thoughts on both of us and I want to make a list of them.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #621 (isolation #73) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

honestly PJ, I was thinking I had already claimed because I've been so close to a lynch for a while now. I was surprised to hear that I didn't claim already.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #624 (isolation #74) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

LL, the point of this game is to find scum, not do what you can to not have the town lynch you. Why do you think you're next to go, why not mith? Why do you even think you're death is coming up? Would you rather end this game winning? Or never having been lynched?

To LL and Pab, do you find mith scummy or protown?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #628 (isolation #75) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:15 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #631 (isolation #76) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

mith wrote:Why was he still voting for M4yhem, then? Surely an unvote was called for if he was really as torn as he is now claiming.
Pressure on M4yhem to get more responses from him to make sure he was not scum. But then a couple of people go and lynch him before anybody else has a chance to even say a word.
mith wrote: 2. If al is scum, he's playing it brilliantly.
etc. etc.
So you're saying I'm brilliant scum, yay. I just find it interesting how at first you make it seem like an uncertainty that I'm scum, and as you go on, you immediately make it a sure thing so that when I do turn up town, you can call "If statement" on it.

And you also mention how the 'common tactic' I'm using I am using in a way that scum doesn't use it in, and you still don't even seem to consider the fact that you could be mistaken and that I could be town.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #633 (isolation #77) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

You didn't need pressure to talk. It was pressure to talk based off of being in a certain situation to get a good judgement on what your alignment was. It was the type of content I was looking for, not the presence of any.

I didn't vote you
just
before deadline, I did it some time before, and your most recent posts at the time of the vote were looking scummy. If you want me to post them I'll have to get to that hopefully tomorrow (which might be too late) because I'm tired now and have to get some work done.

Why do you think I wanted to deadline lynch you? If I was willing to do that, why do you think I was upset that somebody jumped the gun and lynched you some time before the deadline?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #645 (isolation #78) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:23 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

o.O oh.... I thought deadline was
this
wednesday. I was wondering why Kelly hasn't closed the thread yet, guess I'm still alive.

Hmm...
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #655 (isolation #79) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Why shouldn't I mention my upcoming deadline lynch? Well, people should know that it's the deadline (I was just stupid and overlooked the date, and only considered the day of the week), and it was obvious IMO that I was going to be the one to be lynched at deadline. I have been expecting to be the one to be lynched for a couple of weeks now. All of my 'last words' were all of my thoughts/opinions/what I've obtained from rereads over my last few posts.

I expected to be lynched, I just wanted to get as much out as I could before I went. If you were expecting something like "Well I'm gone, good luck town." I don't do those.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #667 (isolation #80) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:37 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I did not try to deadline lynch you, had I not voted, you still would've been lynched. I left myself with plenty of time to unvote you. Everybody agrees that you were acting scummy, and you vote for those you find scummy (and yes I was starting to change my mind, but I was wanting to make sure before I switched my vote), so you're saying I'm scummy for voting for somebody who was acting scummy.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #672 (isolation #81) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Pab? Why do you want a case against you so bad? I have you down on my town list. Are you just frustrated with day taking so long?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #676 (isolation #82) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

hmm... ok, I gotta look over that again then, I said that becaues I was thinking of my thoughts on LML being town, and you replaced him.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #677 (isolation #83) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:02 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

and aside from that, the LML hinting at being vanilla townie, and Relyte claiming vanilla townie makes that even more likely for you to be town... Which makes your actions now very questionable.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #685 (isolation #84) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:09 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

OMG, Mith saw my secret code. Only mafia were supposed to see that so they'd know who I was and start protecting me. Since Mith figured it out and is still attacking me for it, he must not be part of my mafia, and it also means that now my mafia buddies will be putting a noose around their own neck to protect me.

:O
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #704 (isolation #85) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

yay I die tomorrow!
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #706 (isolation #86) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

pab has never heard of sarcasm.

Nobody has changed their votes on my for the past month, why would I expect the next 5 hours to be any different?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #708 (isolation #87) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I don't think I have ever self-voted in my career of of playing mafiascum.

I think the only time I would approve of it is if I could somehow prove that it would actually benefit the town.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #710 (isolation #88) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

pab, I have more important things to do than this thread. When I get around to it, I'll post last thoughts, but i've been posting all throughout various people to look at once I'm finally dead.

I'm not saying much ATM because I have other matters to attend to before I finalize my last thoughts for you guys.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #711 (isolation #89) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:52 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

pab - town
PJ - town
alko - town, dead
M4y - town (likely, I won't have enought time to change my mind though)
Luckay - town

Let's go with Mith, Thok, CTD scum

TSQ is fallback for being scum.

I've blabbed a lot throughout the past few days, if you want to hear more from me, read what I've been saying for the past couple of weeks.

I guess my list from most scummy to least scummy will look something likes this.

Mith/Thok
Thok/Mith
CTD
TSQ
M4y/Luckay
Luckay/M4y
PJ
pab
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #714 (isolation #90) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:55 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Right, about that, even thought Mith is on top of my suspects list, I am fallible (obv), I still want people to look at facts and scumtells myself. What I posted is just the players I want to be looked at much more than the rest.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #719 (isolation #91) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:18 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Kelly, I know I'm dead, but I be thinking you'll need a replacement for CTD.

Word on the street says he up and left us all w/o notice.

Thanks...
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #764 (isolation #92) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Gah! I've been missing posts. Gotta catch up :(
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #765 (isolation #93) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:14 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Ignore me, reading the wrong thread again :P
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #905 (isolation #94) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Why didn't you lynch Mith?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #906 (isolation #95) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Kelly Chen wrote:2. al_kohaulec evidently changed his tune when I took over. He wrote "Yay!" and "*hugs Kelly*".
I still would've preferred that the game have been abandoned rather than drawn out. But it's over now. Yay!

*Hugs Kelly*

Regardless, it was still a great thing for you to be so willing to take over the game and everything.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”