Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by Jal »

Go go Ztife wagon gooo!

In post 846, BirdAndBeast wrote:Seriously, how did we win that. You me and qwints bussed the everloving shit out of each other and at least 2 of us were under suspicion at any given time. Yet somehow no one ever got us lynched >.>

We had a vig friend on the inside.

Ooh boy. I feel like by calling NJ trolling, I just escalated the situation.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by Jal »

Pere, was NJ ran up in your games with him?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Post by njoseph »

Peregrine, do you know it's rolefishing to basically ask, "do you have a role?" ?
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by Darthe »

So tomorrow is end of VLA right?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by Jal »

10 days left til day ends unless a lynch.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by njoseph »

In post 852, Jal wrote:Pere, was NJ ran up in your games with him?

I was Taz when Peregrine played with me. I, as Taz, was mislynched for my play Day Two, I think, in Lemming(s?) Mafia in Completed Games of Coney Island Mini Themes.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

ArcAngel9 (1): SlySly
Bumi (2): PeregrineV, Bumi
Darthe (1): Ztife
njoseph (6): Aj The Epic, nhammen, thezmon221, Idiotking, The Mini-Librarian, Sixx
Sixx (9): Albus Dumbledore, Parama, Nachomamma8, njoseph, killerjester, Edosurist, Baby Spice, Darthe, jeck
The Mini-Librarian (1): Robert2424
thezmon221 (1): ArcAngel9
Ztife (2): Jal, BirdAndBeast
Not voting (2): PMysterious, JacobSavage

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-01-13 00:00:00).
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm predominately going to focus on B&B's big post and my current exchange with Thez. There are a couple things I could say about everything else, but it seems like I'm going around in circles with a couple of these things, and I find that when I'm forced to repeat myself I trap myself in tunneling mode, so a few people should just browse back through postings or comment on things other than njoseph.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Thez-

In post 173, Sixx wrote:My scum list is going to suck but since you're going to keep asking for it it is as follows -

Awesome list, I know. I have a pro-town list over a anti town list but that is again shifty because its D1.

This is pretty much Sixx's early game play in a nutshell. He doesn't pursue any scumreads at all, he doesn't push any suspects, he doesn't... anything. The first time when we see him do anything at all that has anything game-relevant at all is when the wagon first starts forming on him. You can browse through the posts yourselves, but the closest he does to do anything is "hey thez don't latch onto me because I will lynch you anyways". When he gets pressure, that's when he starts doing things, and that's when it gets interesting:

In post 519, Sixx wrote:you're not scum hunting, you're simply trying to follow up on this old BW and do not seem to understand why people are moving away from it. If you added something that was "new" to the thez bw topic then sure, go ahead and pile all of the previously mentioned things up on it with your new reasons as well but you simply are using what other people have said and apparently have not seen the replies.

now back to something else I wanted to mention - I think its funny how many of you are able to sheep but thats about it.

So, before he criticizes the people that were sheeping him, he throws forward his first scum suspicion. And he says that he's not attacking the people who are sheeping him because "the site meta says sheeping is okay". Meaning that not only is he not pursuing suspicions because he doesn't think people will agree with them, but he's not even bringing them up. Town shouldn't care about whether they think they will be believed or not when they find scum, and it's pretty much the entire point to bring it up and put your suspicions forth anyways. But even if this wasn't the case, there are people not from this site meta here to that Sixx could bring his suspicions up to, and considering he thinks you're town, there's really no reason not to. But he doesn't.

In post 606, Sixx wrote:UNVOTE: Ztife
VOTE: Darthe how the hell are you going to say somebody's unquestionably scum and not place a vote? it just makes no god damn sense.

In post 607, njoseph wrote:
In post 606, Sixx wrote:UNVOTE: Ztife
VOTE: Darthe how the hell are you going to say somebody's unquestionably scum and not place a vote? it just makes no god damn sense.

Do you want to trip up somebody else so much that you are not considering that Sora has no votes and Ztife is more likely to be lynched relative to Soar?

In post 611, Sixx wrote:Sure, I'd agree with you if he had decided to add Ztife onto his scum list, he did not.

This exchange is an interesting one. Sixx changes his vote from Ztife onto someone from his wagon for not voting someone he called unquestionable scum, and says it would be okay if Ztife was on Darthe's scumlist. But, if you look at the post in question (#587), you see that hey, Darthe DID say the Ztife "warranted attention" thanks to a special theory of his. Sixx ignoring this completely was strange, to say the least, but shows that he's skimming and looking for little things to harp on as opposed to actually looking for scum.

In post 621, Sixx wrote:Clearly you guys want me to repeat myself over and over and over again, I am not going to do that to entertain you, its quite clear thats pointless. he fact of the matter is I'm surprised somebody has decided to include a reason for once so thank you, Baby, though it was a mistake and its more than difficult keeping up with the massive amounts of replacements that we've had just this day phase, I will admit this amount of replacements is much different than I'm used to even though I've been in larger games than this. Regardless, the votes people place are not guided by anything, people constantly claim obvscum and others claim obvtown when their is no form of obvbacking. I might as well entertain myself and claim obvtown as well. The oddest thing about these obvscum claims is that thezmon as well as myself are so obzscum that you guys cannot come up with a reason other than that.

Attacks scumhunting ability instead of attacking us. Says that it's hard scumhunting because the atmosphere is strange, but attacks people for not adding enough reasoning behind their suspicions. It doesn't really seem like a town mindset to me. Even if Sixx was frustrated with people pushing bullshit cases on him, he would still make an effort to find scum. If he really held such disdain for sheeping, he would make more of an effort to form a significant Day 1 scumlist. But instead he takes the position of telling people that "oh, there's nothing against me, this is ridiculous" as opposed to even recognizing those who have put effort into quantifying their suspicions against other people or doing anything at all. It reeks of bullshit.

In post 759, Sixx wrote:No, literally all you do is say "yeah nice point" you don't make your own point and its not going to be any more helpful in later day phases with that play style.

UNVOTE: Darthe

VOTE: Njoseph

...and policy vote. After it becomes clear that the choice is likely going to be between him and nj unless someone puts up something really good, and suddenly Sixx is joining on a wagon and sheeping the policy lynch reasoning? No, no thank you. It's blatant opportunism and survivalism.

Now, it's your turn.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:15 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 813, BirdAndBeast wrote:I can see idiotking town. His posts make sense to me and I get his suspicion of Mastin/myself. His explanation feel genuine so far. Town lean. (Fake edit: specifically post 522 looks town)

So he caught you supporting a policy lynch and then not supporting a policy lynch. Why does this make him town?

In post 813, BirdAndBeast wrote:Not liking Bumi recently.

What do you think of Bumi's nhammen suspicion and do you think they are scum together?

Also, could you explain the jeck read a little more? I'm not really seeing scum there.

ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 837, Bumi wrote:I still think Aj is scum and AA + BB are town.

VOTE: Bumi

are you self voting? Awww no...
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:33 am

Post by jeck »

Seems like there's not going to be a lynch on Sixx after all, I'll go back to Ztife now and hope that more people come.
I will never lynch nsjoseph when we've so much better alternatives.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ZTife
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:42 am

Post by Darthe »

Jeck why are you detracting from this? Dislike greatly,
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

My vote on Thez is no longer going to do any good. so,
UNVOTE

since there is clear division in voting for Sixx and Njoseph. I would appreciate if anyone who could list out the major reasons of their vote.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 am

Post by njoseph »

Who's deciding to turn to Ztife as a neo-movement? SCUM?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 am

Post by njoseph »

In post 862, jeck wrote:Seems like there's not going to be a lynch on Sixx after all, I'll go back to Ztife now and hope that more people come.
I will never lynch nsjoseph when we've so much better alternatives.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ZTife

You just dropped down in my towny rating system.
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Bumi »

I actually thought that was pretty townie considering how blatant he was being with his thoughts.

I like Nacho's analysis of Sixx and I am willing to place a vote there but I think Aj needs to be looked at too.

VOTE: Sixx

I thought that Sixx was town for her/his reaction to Thez about the buddying.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 am

Post by njoseph »

Voting Ztife now will shift people down in my thinking by default.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:26 am

Post by njoseph »

But what if everybody votes for Ztife, njoseph?
Meh, could always throw some of my more shoddy reads out.
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:40 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

I also like Nacho's Sixx case. It summed up pretty well why I felt he was scum all along.

@Nacho re Bumi/nhammen: I don't typically look for associative tells early on (and not as much as others later). Scum will interact with their buddies or not interact with their buddies however they want and that isn't reliable. So I have individual reads on both, and ya I think they could be scum together. Bumi voting Nhammen doesn't ultimately mean much to me. (Especially since its the first vote on him)

Re Jeck:...hm. Im a little iffy on this in hindsight because Jeck is new and his posts are odd for language/being-new reasons. His reactions just seem like non-sequiturs to me. Like in post 807, his response to me saying he/Ztife are a team is to vote Sixx? I wasnt even voting Sixx? What inspired town Jeck to do that?

Post 572 looks like bad posturing. He did all those quote stripes to justify keeping his vote on someone? And his responses hardly justify the effort of quote striping so hard. /nitpicking

Post 521. The sentence about you being above me on the town read list is just bad. Why does the position of us on his townreads list matter so much? If we are reads 4/5, why does he go out of his way to make it known that YOU are actually the better townread? I know a lot of people wont see the significance in that, but it SHOULDNT be that important to a townie to make sure that all lists made are 100% accurate in every way and correct minor errors in them for reasons. It looks like posturing. Im a little hesitant because this could just be a being new or playstyle thing, but it is something I would never do as town.

Post 517. His sentence about "Now that Thez is prob-town Im going to look on his wagon for scummies" is reallllly bad. Apparently Jeck thought Thez was scum for a while so IN HIS MIND it should make some sense for townies to want to be on the Thez wagon. After all, HE is town and HE thought Thez was scum for a spell. So HE should have reason to believe that other townies would vote Thez as well since there was apparently a compelling enough case for HIM to vote Thez. Yet now that he is reading town on Thez he is 180'ing and looking at Thez's wagon specifically for scum? Its an absolutely horrid way to scumhunt because

1. By his own world view, he should understand why townies are voting Thez
2. His theory that Thez is town / wagon is scum is dependent on Thez being town. Why is he suddenly so very sure of that that he is going to devote time to this pool?
3. Why look in this pool unless there is going to be more scum than average in it? If (1) is true (it should be for him), why would there necessarily be more scummies than normal on Thez?
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
:P
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:25 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Nachooo, talk to me :P

Also, why is nhammen town? Dont be fooled by his wall posts.

~Angry P.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
:P
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Ztife »

@Mod, I believe my vote count is wrong and it should be at Darth as in post 746
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Bumi »

In post 871, BirdAndBeast wrote:Nachooo, talk to me :P

Also, why is nhammen town? Dont be fooled by his wall posts.

~Angry P.

Why do you think this now?

I think he is town for how he handled my probing.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:43 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

ArcAngel9 (1): SlySly
Bumi (1): PeregrineV
Darthe (1): Ztife
njoseph (6): Aj The Epic, nhammen, thezmon221, Idiotking, The Mini-Librarian, Sixx
Sixx (9): Albus Dumbledore, Parama, Nachomamma8, njoseph, killerjester, Edosurist, Baby Spice, Darthe, Bumi
The Mini-Librarian (1): Robert2424
Ztife (3): Jal, BirdAndBeast, jeck
Not voting (3): PMysterious, JacobSavage, ArcAngel9

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-01-13 00:00:00).

In post 872, Ztife wrote:
@Mod, I believe my vote count is wrong and it should be at Darth as in post 746

Should be correct in this one. I'll get the others after lunch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”