The Pokemon Nuzlocke Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:57 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

I am now going to start a community nuzlocke because I feel like I should make one, and because I cannot be motivated enough to do one otherwise.

My copy is of Pokemon Diamond. I grind fast and hard.

Rules:
1. Only the first pokemon.
2. If it faints, box+release.
3. Nicknames for bromance.
4. No repeats.
5. No items. Pickups only.
6. Every Pokemon must see play. What would you be like if I locked you up in a ball and didn't play with you?

If there's enough interest in it, I'll try to make this as much of a community effort as possible. But first off...

starter between chimchar/piplup/turtwig?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Empoleon nickname=?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:11 pm

First name to have 2 seconds wins.

In the absence of any name getting 2 seconds, I'm totally calling it Cyndaquil.
Last edited by orcinus_theoriginal on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Oh wait.

We need to decide trainer and rival name too.

Same protocol.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 am

IT BEGINS

Using this as a base for my Nuzlocke.

Act 0:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4522190
Act I:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4540420

Currently:
Jackie, Lv. 10 Male Piplup
Lankershim, Lv. 11 Male Starly
Last edited by orcinus_theoriginal on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Now, this boy here...I believe he's your friend.

(Give me a good name, give me a good name, dick-ass I've been your friend for forever)

What might his name be?

(PLEASE)

Kdowns, you say?

(goddamnit.)

CHAPTER 0: THE BEGINNING

SCENE I

(do not expect flavor for every time)

Orcinus switches off the TV, and the ongoing Search for the Red Gyarados. He was fascinated by the concept, he'll admit, but with final exams looming, he could not spare a second of his spare time. But barely was his Mathematics textbook out when a shirking voice came from downstairs. "Orrciiii!! A friend wants to see you!!"

Damn, he thought. Now I'll fail for sure.

Straightening his red jacket and cap which he wore everywhere--even indoors--he stepped downstairs and brushed aside his mother. The sun beat down on the wooden doorstep, as a small Furret scrambled across the fresh, dew-washed blades of grass. He closed his eyes, enjoying the wind on his face...

THUD!!!

"GODDAMNIT"

Orcinus sighed and, hands in his pocket, sauntered laboriously over to Kdown's house. As he arrived at Kdown's doorstep, he became gradually aware of two irregularly shaped shadows on the ground next to him. He looked up. The sun framed Kdown's obese frantic figure as his clawing fingers fought a losing battle with gravity over possession of the windowsill. Kdown's pirate cap drifted slowly, gliding down with the slight breeze. Black with yellow edges (rumors said it once was white), Kdown's hat swayed in the air, gliding blissfully down the...

THUD!!!

"GODDAMN OW"

Orcinus looked next to him. Through some impossible alteration of physics, Kdown suddenly appeared on the ground aside him, four limbs outstretched in different directions. His face was a few shades redder than its usual shade of red, and Orcinus marveled at how the hue of Kdown's face nicely complemented the grass. His moustache, greasy, framed his open mouth. And then the hat finally reached the ground, nicely covering Kdown's face.

"You okay, bro?"

"I was trying parkour in my room but the window was open..."

He jumped up, and straightened the cap. "Listen, Orcinus. I just got this brilliant idea! I'm going to the lake! You come too! And be quick about it! OK, Orcinus? I'm finding you 1 milliion if you're late!"

He ran off in the direction of the lake as Orcinus looked at him, with no intention of following. Under his breath, Orcinus counted softly. 1...2...

"GODDAMNIT! Forgot something!"

Yep, that's three.

Kdown hustled back, his fat rippling in waves of sweat, the effort causing his face to turn from dark red to an interesting hue of purple and freckles. Orcinus waited outside, tapping his foot to the rhythm of the Chatots above. After a spell, Kdown reemerged carrying a heavy backpack, a small book tucked under his armpits. Orcinus pointed at it. "It'll get drenched." Kdown raised an eyebrow (and with it, one half of his moustache) in confusion. "It's not raining..."

A raised armpit revealed a journal, after only 4 seconds in the damp swamp that was Kdown's armpit, that was already very soggy.

"Goddamnit."

The two friends walked. The coruscating coo of the sun shone gently on the village like a mother's hand, while the lone call of a Staraptor echoed through the busy woods. Orcinus walked high with hands in pocket, head held up against the running air. A scent...a scent of adventure.

SCENE II

"Where are we going?"

"To the lake. I saw this one show about Gyarados appearing in the lakes. I think we'll catch one!"

"...you believe in that Nibiru shit, don't you?"

"I don't know how it will happen, but I know that the world will end on December 21st. Really though, it's hard to tell at this point what will happen. Maybe a massive gamma ray burst will happen on that day. Maybe scientists were wrong about particle accelerators being safe and someone will create a black hole by accident. The possibilities really are endless."

"You really are the village idiot, you know that?"

The lake gradually appeared in site. At the site of it, Kdown quickened his short steps to the cool water. Behind him, Orcinus reluctantly followed, jogging now. Abrubtly, he pulled on Kdown's sleeve and pointed him to the left. There, in the tall grass, a white-haired professor stood with someone else. Orcinus squinted, putting a hand against the yellow sun.

"There are many rare species in this area...let us go, Dawn." Orcinus did a double take. This was professor Rowan of Pokemon fame! He opened his mouth and was just about to tell it to Kdown, when...

In some places, they call it the thunderstrike. In others, they call it love at first sight. Orcinus' jaw dropped as the Goddess beside Rowan turned around. She wasn't dressed in much, and all of the clothes on her body could have easily been used as a single layer of wrapping around a small pot. Her face--angeled, sharp. Her hair--black, sleek, thin and clean, teasing the air as they swung around over her soft, delectable shoulders. Her legs well exposed by her sports shorts--tanned, curved. She was wearing a pink tank top that seemed like it was going to burst from containing so much.

She walked towards him. Orcinus gave a weak smile, and she smiled back. At that point, Orcinus could have died happy.

"I beg your pardon..." It almost sounded like an invitation to bed. Kdown muttered gruffly and stepped aside. He nudged Orcinus to do the same.

"Hnnngwhaa?"

The girl gave him a soft laugh, and moved around him. Her long hair brushed past Orcinus, carrying a fragrance of flowers. He didn't even notice as Kdown stared after professor Rowan with two wide eyes. "Dude, that's--Dude! That's Rowan! Dude! Dude!"

Her shorts hugged her ass in the most wonderful manner possible. Orcinus' mind was already with her in a newly fantasized bed, doing the unspeakable.

"Hnnng."

Eventually, Orcinus realized that the girl was out of sight, and that Kdown's odour of sweat was no longer present. He turned--to see Kdown picking up a briefcase in the long grass a while away. His moustache quivered with excitement. "Ro--rowans---His briefcase!"

"Look out! Kdown, Starlys!"

"GODDAMNIT."

------------

CUTSCENE I'll normally only summarize battles because writing battle sequences is incredibly hit or miss and i normally miss

We get the piplup and beat the shit out of Starly

------------

Orcinus panted. Then, he looked down. Piplup looked back at him. Orcinus tilted his head. In the pokemon's eyes, he could almost see a fire, a passion...

"Master?"

Orcinus laughed at the clear, unburdened voice. "No, buddy. I'm sorry..." The Piplup shook his head and sat down on Orcinus' dirty boots. "Master!" He said defiantly. And then again, softly. "Master?" Orcinus shook his head. "Buddy, you're not...my..."

He looked around. Kdown was struggling with its turtwig, which had amazingly managed to sit on Kdown's face. Then, the Turtwig farted. "GODWEFFFMJH" was the resulting noise.

Behind him, the sea crashed mightily into the rocks. Unrelenting, the stones fought back, refusing to yield. The sky was marble, streaks of white flying across, a sky clear of birds. The wind was cinnamon, the grass tickled in its caress. For a brief minute, tears welled up in Orcinus' eyes and he realized that this was like the day his--no. No. Not now. A voice was carried on the tides of memory. "Go on..." He shook his head. How could he?

How could he not?

Orcinus kneeled down on a knee, bringing himself eye-to-eye with the Piplup on his shoe. The Piplup jumped up on its two little yellow feet, puffing up its chest. "Piiiiiplup~!" It chirped. Orcinus laughed once more, a burden released, and leaned forward to the Piplup in front of him. "All right then, little guy. I'll be your friend."

"Jackie!" Jackie said brightly.

"Orcinus." He reached his index finger towards the Piplup. "Friends?"

The wind softly tussled Orcinus' hair, as he looked at the Pokemon before him. The sunlight cast a loving shadow on the grass, as Jackie's hand met Orcinus' finger. It felt warm, and almost like silk. A ripple of laughter ran across the lake, shimmering.

"Friends!"

JACKIE has joined the team!
Male Piplup
Met: Lake Verity, Lv. 5
Rash nature, Capable of taking hits.

-----

I'll get some actual stuff done on the game but today I felt like writing. Some days I'll write a lot with no ingame advancements, other days I'll just provide an executive summary.

Also PLOT IN A NUZLOCKE OUTSIDE OF GAME WHOA!
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:07 am

New teammate, story will be up later.

Male starly name go
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Pft. If you wipe, you wipe. No cheating. :P

Black is the hardest to nuzlocke, but also the best because of the variety of Pokemon. I've wiped 3 times on that game, but all of them were with additional rules which make it fucking IMPOSSIBLE (no items is such a bitch). Twice before the third gym, and once against N. after that last time I was so saddened by Crux's (serperior) death that I just quit playing.

Be a man. CONQUER UNOVA

(Also new episode up tonight!)
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Oh? You want to do the nuzlocke that i'm doing? Is this a challenge? HUH?

IT'S ON KLAZAM
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:30 pm

In post 358, Klazam wrote:Bring It on, buddy.

But, this no box rule gonna be hell on me. Lol

Also you're right, the wipe rule I had in mind is cheaty. If I wipe, game over.

Are you also doing no bought items?

Reck, three main rules of nuzlockes
1. Only catch the first pokemon you see on each route
2. If a pokemon dies, box/release it.
3. Nickname every pokemon.

Additional rules may include
No bought items
No repeats (if the first pokemon you see on a route is a repeat of one you already have, you can catch another one)
No NPC pokemon
Some crazy people do "no sleep until finish a locke." I've been meaning to try one of those.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:51 pm

@all fellow pearl/diamond nuzlockers

I propose that we all use the same ruleset, to enhance the competition spirit.

Rules:
1. Only the first pokemon.
2. If it faints, box+release.
3. Nicknames for bromance.
4. No repeats.
5. No buying items. Pickups only.
6. Every Pokemon must see play. What would you be like if I locked you up in a ball and didn't play with you?
7. No boxing pokemon
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:52 pm

--CUTSCENE LAZY—

ACT I

Spoiler: Almost NSFW
SCENE I

Orcinus walked out of the lab. Rowan’s red Pokedex rested peacefully in his palm, a symbol of the challenge he was to undertake, Jackie stood beside him. The Piplup hated his Pokeball, wiggling out of it the first time Orcinus tried putting him in. The partners stood by each other’s side, surveying the small town. How everything would change!
“A Piplup, you say? I chose a Chimchar myself…” If orcinus had turned faster, he would have snapped his neck. Dawn stood beside him on the doorstep, and orcinus’ mouth ran dry as he tried to look normally at Dawn’s deep, soulful eyes. It was all he could do to stop his eyes from wandering downwards.
“If you chose a Chimchar…” Dawn moved towards him, and orcinus stepped out of his body and into nirvana, as Dawn moved closer and closer, until her petite, puckered lips were hushing its warm breath into orcinus’ ear. “…we would have had the same pokemon. And then we could…train…together. Wouldn’t that be nice?” Her voice was husky, inviting.
Orcinus nodded and moved forwards. In a deep, manly voice, he too came to Dawn’s ear, smoothly slipping his hand around her back, and resting it softly on Dawn’s butt cheeks. Firm, he thought to himself. “Let’s go somewhere private…” he said. Dawn laughed, and pressed herself against orcinus, resting a hand on his eager manhood, straining through his pants. “I’m more experienced than you, so I’ll act as your mentor…”
Orcinus was pushed onto the soft grass, and Dawn sat on top of his washboard abs. Nobody else was around. She took off her shirt first, the soft flesh of her breasts tangling teasingly within a thin, silk-black bra. Then, her pants. The underwear hugged her hips loosely, as she slipped a finger between it and her tender skin, pulling it down at a slanted angle to the right-hand side, revealing just a bit more, an angel of perfection silhouetted by the woodland scene. Her skin was unblemished, perfect, as he ran a hand over her sides, ending the journey with a cup of her rounded, firm ass. Without warning, she grabbed Orcinus’ hair and pulled him into her lips forcibly. Tongue rolling over one another, both her lips taking Orcinus’ lower, hand tussling in his hair…she let a hand explore his left arm—a fashionably bulged bicep and shoulders that were covered with a suitable layer of muscle, just the way she liked it. It was hard to the touch, the summer heat forming beads of sweat, as the two continued kissing. She could feel a hot, throbbing prick in between her legs—she knew what it was…

“Did you here me? Orcinus?”
“Hnnnnnngwha?”
“I said that I’d show you around town. Orcinus?”
“Hnnnnnnng?”
“I have work to do. Please answer me.”
“HNNNNNNNNGADFG”
“Sigh…whatever.”
Orcinus stared blankly as he snapped out of his reverie. Dawn went back inside the lab. It took him a while before he realized that he had completely fumbled Dawn’s invitation to show him around town. As he left the town, the curses under his breath coincided with Jackie’s innocent questions about what on Earth happened to his master.

SCENE II

“Master! A Starly!”
Orcinus weighed a pokeball in his hand. The starly looked sharp, menacing. This’ll be a completely different story from Jackie.
--CUTSCENE I only write important battles—
LANKERSHIM has joined the team!
Male Starly
Met: Route 202, Lv. 3
Naïve nature, Scatters things often

Lankershim gazed dully at its new master and the little penguin trying to get his attention beside him.
“Hi! I’m Jackie! What’s—“
“I hoped that I would be caught by a great trainer of the land. Not this fool and his prick-lup.”
“Well…um, Orcinus is a really fun guy!”
Fun?
” The word was spiked with cyanide.
Orcinus sighed. The little Starly had a lot of fight in him—now it was just a question of harnessing it. “Look buddy…everyone has to start somewhere, right?”
“Yes. Some start at ground zero. You appear to have started negative. You haven’t even bought any items!” Starly flapped his wings on the ground angrily, showing clearly the black star on his white-feathered breast.
Orcinus cringed his teeth. His allowance had been rather skim in times of late…He decided to move on. Lankershim would warm up to him eventually. He took a look behind him, and saw the proud Starly trod reluctantly behind him. Eventually.

Travelling along route 202, the first thing Orcinus noticed was Lankershim’s lust for battle. The second noticeable fact about Lankrshim was his charisma in dealing with people.
“Our eyes met, so battle we must!”
“You spineless twat, you think wearing a blue hat mommy gave you for your fifth birthday makes you a Pokemon trainer? Skin and bones, you’d never make it onto the real battlefield. I bet you think that practicing that one catchphrase makes you a real man, doesn’t it? Well, let me tell you…” Lankershim flew onto the boy’s shoulder and looked at him. The boy panicked, using all five limbs to try and shoo the Starly away, tripping over his sixth leg in confusion and ending in a tangled mess on the floor, his Pokeball rolling away, Lankershim perched on top of the human pretzel. “
…it doesn’t make you a man, does it.

“MOOOOOM!!!!!!”
Jackie tugged at Orcinus’ pants and beckoned him to lean into his ear. Orcinus kneeled down. “Couldn’t we have gotten a nicer Starly?”
I heard that, and by the blood of my ancestors I will rip you from head to toe and you will pay for it.

“Pokeballpokeballpokeballpokeballpleaseorcinuspokeball?”

SCENE III

Nimbasa City, a sprawling metropolitan of buildings and people. Orcinus had never seen anything like it. The flags on the building waved through the thin air, as Orcinus strode across the paved floor, head held high, purpose in mind, and with a furious Lankershim perched on his unwilling shoulder.
“Hi! I’m the Poketech campaign—“
Shut up.
” One glance from the Starly was enough to send the suited man aside as the trio continued on their way. Jackie whimpered. “L-Lankershim, I r-really think it w-wouldn’t be much h-h-harm if you, you, umm…were nicer?”
A thin beam of red light captured the Starly just as he was preparing to act on his ancestors’ words. The pokeball shook, and again, but Lankershim was contained. Jackie sighed. Finally.

“Hey! Orcinus!”
Orcinus turned. The pirate cap of Kdown hustled painfully across the air. “I…I…I was at the trainer’s school. I memorized everything on the blackboard!”
Orcinus stared blankly.
“That’s good, right? It means I’m a real trainer!”
Orcinus stared blankly.
“Whatever. Look, I got some new mons, how bout we fight it out?”
Orcinus shrugged. He let out Lankershim. He was mad about being locked in the Pokeball. He was
mad

”DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM BATTLE, COWARD. YOU SHALL GET YOUR JUDGEMENT, WEAK BLOODED SLUG.”

Kdown’s Turtwig looked at his trainer with pleading eyes. Please…please…pl—
The battle was tantamount to cruelty to small animals.
“Goddamnit man WHAT IS THAT THING?” Kdown yelled in shock, as Lankershim finished off his Turtwig…and started going after its trainer. Orcinus and Jackie watched the two chase off into the recesses of route 203.

“Hey uh. Mister. That was. Cool.”
Orcinus turned around. A Bidoof stood dumbly at his feet.
“Er. Thanks?”
“Mister. I want to uh. Join your uh. Teen. Team, I mean. Huh.”
“Um…all right, I guess. What’s your name?”

Lvl 4 Bidoof, Male. MS, your turn!
Last edited by orcinus_theoriginal on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Klazam got it right. No boxing means that you cannot box pokemon. This means that you may not catch more than 6 pkoemon, as that would necessitate putting a pokemon in the box. And I doubt any of you would be heartless enough to kill off a teammate to make way for another, yes?

Thanks Klazam. Name the bidoof, MS! :D
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Klazam just wants to be me.

@Aj: My game I think I left at home (on vaca now). I think I haven't named my bidoof yet because all you people suck. So yeah, it's just idling there.

I'll get back to it within a week.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:07 pm

All right. Just an fyi for you all, I intend very much to beat the E4 with a bibarel. A no-death nuzlocke, let's get it!

I remember my last budew...solomon, I called it. The abandoned prince of a royal family, proud, ambitious, caring...I had a story line for him. He had a romance with my Crobat. He had hopes.
HE HAD DREAMS

And then he died. It would have been more manageable if it was a noble death--a sacrifice, a death to the elite four, ANYTHING.

It was a grinding accident.

Aj, it doesn't matter. Grind them like hell. Types and power will always lose to the power of love. :D And please keep Zorro alive...

(it feels weird posting in the pokemon thread directly after posting about bondage in F62. Oh well.)
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm just going to pretend O is me.

Have fun, don't die, grind like hell.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:59 pm

fuck you N I love my pokebros.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 am

too much work to do with other stuff, won't be picking up my locke for a while. :/
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:25 pm

ani and I are running a nuzlocke on black, no bought items starting tonight/tomorrow

ruleset:
1) If a pokemon faints it dies.
2) Can use PC
3) Cannot buy items. After you beat the e4, you may buy from the mart pokeballs only.
4) Only catch the first pokemon (that you don't already have) on each route that you encounter.
5) No walkthroughs
6) Catch a legend (Title mon, musketeer trio, roaming)
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:03 am

I just beat first gym with all my pokemon at level 11

Holy fucking god I am never doing that again
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:15 am

So I'm healed and ready for the gym. I have a 11 snivy (crim), 11 lillipup (bea), 11 simipour (george), 4 patrat (Scout). Potions in my bag, oran berries for crim and george.

I lead with snivy, remembering that the type advantage mon comes second. Level 12 lillipup. Well, fuck, I have an oran berry, don't I? I go ahead and vine whip. Does about 1/8. My jaw drops. He uses work up. I use leer, he uses work up. I leer again...and he uses work up again. Mother of god I have totally forgotten how much better the AI is in this generation. I go ahead and click vine whip...and it does around 1/3, which makes me happy. And he bites me off for 2/3 of my health. I'm actually pretty happy, because with oran I can tank another hit...and then the opposing lillipup has pickup and picks up an oran.

FUCK. +3 Atk with an oran? FUCK.

I go ahead and vine whip once more to burn the oran while he brings me down to 2 hp. I really don't see a way out of it by this point--I thought I would wipe. I switch in scout for the sac, and switch in lillipup. While contemplating my choices, I suddenly remember that I have an X Defend in my bag from an item pickup...so I go ahead and run it on lillipup. Tanks the hit, thank god, and two hits down the opposition (outspeeds for some weird reason despite being a level lower).

Level 11 simipour shat on his level 14 brother, nothing exciting there. Incinerate burnt my berry tho.

Gotta grind more
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Real quick update

Ani wiped and restarted, he's on clay now

I just had a heartbreaking moment where I lost my beloved Dot the Seismitoad in Twist Mountain. :/

At Relic Castle:

Sass the Scrafty (42)
Lyle the Lampent (41)
Crim the Serperior (40)
CR-JT the Klang (40)
Bird the Swanna (38)
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:48 pm

In post 677, animorpherv1 wrote:OK, so apparently orc and I are playing the E4 and whatnot at the same time. My team:

NameSwannaChandelureSerperiorBearticScrafty
LevelLvl. 55Lvl. 54Lvl. 39Lvl. 39Lvl. 53
Held ItemSharp BeakChesto BerryBig RootNeverMeltIceShell Bell
High StatAtk (138)SpA (195)Spe (144)Atk (129)SpD (155)
Low StatSpD (80)Atk (86)SpA (91)Spe (60)Spe (87)
Move 1FlyNight ShadeStrengthBrick BreakBrick Break
Move 2SurfWill-o-WispCoilBulldozeCrunch
Move 3Brave BirdFlame BurstGiga DrainIcicle CrashFacade
Move 4Air SlashShadow BallLeaf BladeSlashSwagger
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:09 pm

On third battle in e4, I lost swanna to fucking sturdy stone edge sawk

fuck sawk

that shit killed my seismitoad too
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 pm

wtf these cutscenees

wtf wtf wtf

i am so pumped up for this
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:51 pm

and we both wiped to fucking archeops

fuck that shit
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:11 pm

on restarting n battle, we both swept him

ani wiped to ghetsis' hydreigon, i survive with Sass the Scrafty and Lyle the Chandelure

I AM A POKEMON MASTER
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:21 pm

we're both winners woo
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Wtf you started without me you whore
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:57 pm

YOU WHORE DO YOU HEAR
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 am

who wants to play pokemon blaze black 2 with me

649 pokemon all catchable

fun as shit but i want a buddy to locke it with me so i have someone to yell at when i get wiped by fucking anoriths that take 10% from water guns

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showth ... lt-White-2

Return to “The Arcade”