Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 4.3

"This world is one of sadness. Battle brings death. Death brings sorrow. The living may not hear them. Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake - the dead... are not silent." -The Sorrow, Metal Gear Solid 3

mykonian - 3 (Kise, pidgey, MagnaofIllusion)
zabriel - 2 (Acosmist, jasonT1981)
jasonT1981 - 1 (Yates)
pidgey - 1 (mykonian)
Acosmist - 1 (Nero Cain)
MagnaofIllusion - 1 (mastin2)
mastin2 - 1 (AngryPidgeon)

Not voting - zabriel, PeregrineV, Cheery Dog, Kublai Khan

Nero Cain, mastin2, PeregrineV, and zabriel are V/LA.
Kublai Khan is V/LA until Thursday.

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 4 is 2 AM EST on December 15, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 2997, Yates wrote:
In post 2996, Acosmist wrote:Sure. Nero has to understand that he will definitely die, and nothing can prevent it.

But you are also saying it may not be immediate?

Yep. But it will happen.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by zabriel »

We have been getting some flavor in death messages, so that could actually confirm role. That being said, if the kill is delayed we may not have time to wait for confirmation, which could be part of a tactic by Aco. Either way, I see no reason to object to testing the claim. The flavor for kills does seem to suggest that scum are a mix of villainous characters from the series, as the swallow kill seems to indicate that a magical creature such as Nagini ate one of the townies, and a Metal Gear character performed the electrocution. So far night pattern has been No Kill, Town Cop (Snape) swallowed, Town Doctor (Mei Ling) electrocuted. Interestingly, people have died in ways that seem appropriate to their universe, especially considering that Snape was killed (though not swallowed by) Nagini in the books, who was known to eat her kills. This could be coincidence, but it struck my interest.

Currently I'm willing to vote for MoI. Mastin's recent comments have drawn my attention. Perhaps I have some bias in this, but I am frequently a bad player and tend to trust people who read me as town. I'm not sure about the myk wagon.

VOTE: MoI
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Post by Acosmist »

What tactic?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:24 am

Post by mastin2 »

AP wrote:Why not have Nero do it?
Because
-Nero is limited-shot.
-Nero's ability is more useful to the town.
-Nero recruiting Thor the same night the scum killed him--contrary to what anyone else may claim--DOES make Nero town. As scum, it wastes a shot of a limited-shot role. (Nero has no reason to lie about any aspect of his role, town or scum.) And, yes, Thor has a post in there, asking why he was neighborized, but neither I (was away over the weekened) nor Nero had the time to respond to it by the time day had started. So, he's more town than the messenger is. (Sorry, messenger, but you know it's true. :P)

Again, people have been supporting the plan for one of the two to target Aco. I would
strongly
encourage it be the messenger, whose role isn't that strong, rather than Nero, whose role is actually quite valuable, given that he and I can talk. (For instance, going into night, I can tell him who the messenger is, so that even if I die with the messenger unclaimed, he can still relay it to the town.)

So how does that sound?
Anything Nero would do to target Aco, the messenger targeting Aco can also do--but it has the added benefit of keeping a stronger role alive and letting a weaker less-valuable role potentially die.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:10 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

is a classic example of active lurking scum. Read it carefully. Zab spends the first long paragraph discussing kill flavor speculation. It appears he’s engaged in the game and thinking about the impact of kill flavors. Why it is scummy, of course, is the fact nothing in that paragraph helps to catch scum at all. Yes, we know that certain characters are likely to be the killers (Nagini doing the swallowing, for example). The fact that we know the Mod has provide fake-claims per Tammy means a mass-name claim can’t catch them. So all Zabriel has done is waste 80% of his post telling us nothing useful to catching scum. It is pure Faux Town posting.

Cheery wrote: Did thor say anything in the neighborhood?

Funny that we are not seeing anything on this in the way of paraphrased content from either Mastin or Nero.

--

@Everyone – Please note that Mastin has been challenged to provide a single link for a Town game from MoI showing that he would support leashing a Serial Killer. He continues to dodge doing it because he can’t. This demonstrates that every element of his longwinded posts about me are pure rhetoric he knows he can’t actually support. He’s lying about having any meta to support his ‘suspicion’.

I’ll be posting this in every post I make in this game from here on out until Mastin either does as I have challenged him to do or admits he has not case when he spouts emptiness about my ‘meta’.

Meanwhile here is a direct example that shows what Town MoI thinks about Serial Killers from Olympus Mafia –

I start this post saying that we should lynch the likely Serial Killer.

This argument about reducing the total number of kills should look familiar.

This should also look familiar about my thoughts on directing Serial killers.

For those not familiar with that game – Gemini was a Serial Killer who won when all the Male Gods were dead (and thus could have won with Scum). The correct play there is the same as the correct play here – getting rid of the confirmed Kill source halving the number of kills that could hit Town. And the end result was a Town victory – removing the Serial Killer extended the game so that even when various lynches (Nachomamma, Chessderp) failed to hit scum Town had time to regroup and win.

So I can do what neither KK or Mastin cannot – show direct actual game results that support my stance.

--

AngryP wrote: Ya, you're probably town though. Why did you ask me about not voting Zab though?

I don’t get the question. Where did I ask you about not voting Zab? My issue resolves around you taking the stance that I’ve distanced from Zab (and thus not really pushed him hard) while you yourself can be characterized as doing the same with your jump off him today.

--

Spoiler: Responses for Mastin’s Reading
Mastin wrote: The evidence for why a leashed SK was gamebreakingly powerful has been given to the point where if I stated it again, it would be repetitious. I've brought every single point forward as to why the stance about having the leashed SK was powerful--as a start, she could have (and would have, despite all arguments to the contrary; I've shown the in-thread evidence from Tammy multiple times already) tested Aco's claim, with zero risk to the town.

We've also dismantled (to the point where any further would be repetitious, as everything I've said before hasn't been, as I brought in new reason after new reason) the counter-arguments multiple times, showing why they were appeals to repetition and fear without logical basis.

You keep repeating this line of crap as if it is meaningful.

Tammy NEVER would have tested Acosmist. It would be playing against her Wincon to risk directly dying by that action. She would have always found another player suspected to shoot and relied on the relative split in opinion on who is scum to keep herself alive as long as possible in hopes of fulfilling her Wincon (whatever it was). To pretend otherwise is either an indication that you aren’t as smart as you think you are or you are scum.

You’ve dismantled nothing and while I appreciate your cheekiness in pretending you have clearly the fact that Tammy was properly lynched instead of being allowed to live as SCUM shows you lost that argument soundly.

Mastin wrote: Not only that, but I've also shown a consistent pattern! He pushed Tammy, who for all intensive purposes was a mislynch.

Lynching Non-Town on Day 2 of a Large Theme game is never a mislynch. Have you always been this terrible a player Mastin? I have to admit I haven’t played much with you and the times I have you weren’t spectacular (Zach’s Large Normal where I argued heavily against you Town lynch as scum for WhiteKnight points) but I have seen enough players suggesting you were a good player.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:23 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 1737, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1096, Acosmist wrote:can we please lynch scum instead of randomly wagoning a townie

So you know that Snifit is town?

haha I love this!

vote:Acos
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3004, mastin2 wrote:-Nero is limited-shot.
Ok, so he is probably almost out of shots. So your next point is kind of moot.

-Nero's ability is more useful to the town.
Nero is X-shot. And not really. A neighborizer isn't really a strong PR.

-Nero recruiting Thor the same night the scum killed him--contrary to what anyone else may claim--DOES make Nero town.
This is like the definition of WIFOM.

And I'd rather keep the messenger private for now. Nero is known and if he DOES flip scum then messenger is prob-town for the claim alone and can claim that when need be. Contrarily, if the messenger flips scum then Nero is prob-town for the claim and can just be NK'd immediately.

@Jason: What? In the context of D2, Acosmist's post makes perfect sense especially considering what mastin had been saying around then.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:44 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@MoI: fair enough. I just didn't like your post Yesterday where you asked me why I wasn't voting Zab if my case was a 'slam-dunk'. I never called it such and Zabriel not being around to respond to pressure is making it fucking impossible to get anything from him.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 3008, AngryPidgeon wrote:@MoI: fair enough. I just didn't like your post Yesterday where you asked me why I wasn't voting Zab if my case was a 'slam-dunk'. I never called it such and
Zabriel not being around to respond to pressure is making it fucking impossible to get anything from him.

Actually the bolded is a very good point. Zabriel has no incentive to stop Active Lurking (as I previously noted).

UNVOTE: Mykonian
VOTE: Zabriel
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:02 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 3006, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 1096, Acosmist wrote:can we please lynch scum instead of randomly wagoning a townie

haha I love this!

HARRY POTTER GAME LOL SOLID SNAKE LOLOL
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 3010, Acosmist wrote:
In post 3006, jasonT1981 wrote:

haha I love this!

HARRY POTTER GAME LOL SOLID SNAKE LOLOL

LOLOLOL beat a different drum if thats all you can bring up on me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Well part of me really wants to vote MKY ‘cause that ELS wagon was defiantly a counter wagon.

I’m also really sick of Aco ignoring a bunch of things.

I really really really dislike MOI. He’s too experienced to be playing outguess the mod. Ditto for Kise. That said Kise leap frogs over MOI for shadowing.

In post 2923, Acosmist wrote:Nero, opinion on the Thor kill?

I'm sad.

In post 2976, Yates wrote:So yeah. I still think MoI is likely Town for my own reasons [mostly meta].

and these other reasons are?

In post 2980, AngryPidgeon wrote:5. Zab is also scummy as hell. Read my old case on him. Zab is probably not town and this point is a self-fulfilling prophecy because MoI already expressed interest there.

So for no reason whatsoever you hop off a viable scum lynch to chainsaw MOI?

In post 2981, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Please explain why you didn’t Insta-Neighborize Benmage Night 2. “I didn’t want to” isn’t an explanation that supports your play from a Town perspective. Especially given you per mastin can do more than 1 person a Night.

I don't like Ben. This is interesting. Thor's slot was a town doc yet he didn't protect Ben since that's the town thing to do right? So I guess the mod screwed up and Thor is really scum ‘cause he didn’t do “what a townie is supposed to do” I really feel like this “Nero didn’t do what a “townie” should have done” is more likely to come from scum.

In post 2981, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Nero wrote: So you do this all the time and its ok but when I do it its scummy? Way to slip.

Hey, look – more mud-slinging.

Link to support this statement or admit you are fabricating

In out last game, (the revolution one) you were a claimed friendly neighbor. I questioned your claim, you therefore thought I was stupid for it since you were "confirmed". Of course you
were
confirmed to one player but still you
WERE NOT
confirmed to me and the rest of the players.

But I never once said anything about me being "confirmed town" 'cause I have a
CONFIRMED
role. Take your lies and get off my case.

In post 2989, AngryPidgeon wrote:Why not have Nero do it?

Why not have the messenger do it or another role?

In post 3007, AngryPidgeon wrote:And I'd rather keep the messenger private for now
Nero is known and if he DOES flip scum then messenger is prob-town for the claim alone and can claim that when need be. Contrarily, if the messenger flips scum then Nero is prob-town for the claim and can just be NK'd immediately.

This post is all sorts of terrible. As soon as I flip town the messenger is gonna shut up. If your gonna speculate that me and the messenger have different alignments then for this to work you’d need the messenger to claim. But you don’t want it to claim. Stance makes no sense. Also whts this junk about “and can just be NK'd immediately”?

Bonus:Why should I target AC INSTEAD OF THE MESSANGER?

In post 3007, AngryPidgeon wrote:@Jason: What? In the context of D2, Acosmist's post makes perfect sense especially considering what mastin had been saying around then.

Is this a reply to 3006? If so this makes no sense at all.

I have scum reads on all of MOI, AP and Cherry. It’s very interesting that they are all bunched up together. I did not like Snifit and Cherry hasn’t done anything since joining this game. Note also how Kise spent the early game calling Snifit scum but we haven’t heard a anything from him lately.

I think its time we get rid of Cherry.

Vote:Cherry
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:10 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Im only operating under the assumption that you/MEssenger aren't scum/scum. I think thats a fairly reasonable assumption.

The argument for having YOU do it was stated previously in a response to Mastin. If you flip scum, then the messenger is probtown and also hidden. Its like having an unclaimed mason out there that we know exists.

If the messenger flips scum then you are prob-town. Its like having a mason that the scum can NK whenever they want.

Friendly Neighbor and Neighborizer are not the same role at all.

My 3007 makes plenty of sense. IIRC Mastin was talking about VOTING HIMSELF if it meant not lynching Tammy. He definitely flat-out admitted to voting people he thought were town just because they were better lynches than Tammy (his opinion). And Jason just went back in time and fishes up this bullshit of yours and posts it out of context? I need to go back and read like 3 pages if I want to see the whole story about why acosmist said that, but I don't care to because the semantics case you/Jason are making of it is terrible anyways.

And your recent take on Acosmist is scummy as hell. "I don't like Acosmist" "AP's criticism of my/Jason's point about Acosmist is bad"

Is he scummy or not?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Acosmist »

What happened to targeting me?

Interesting walk-back from that, huh?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Is AP normally this dense or is it a scum pm?

In post 3013, AngryPidgeon wrote:Im only operating under the assumption that you/MEssenger
aren't scum/scum

Lets just say that your right, that the messenger is scum. As soon as I flip town the messenger
ISN’T
going to claim. If you think that a scum messenger would claim after the town neighborizer flips then you are either scum or just plain dumb. Your stance makes
NO
cents. If you think we’re different alignments then you’d
WANT
the messenger to claim so that way when I flip town you can lynch the messenger.

In post 3013, AngryPidgeon wrote:Friendly Neighbor and Neighborizer are not the same role at all.

Never said they were.

In post 3013, AngryPidgeon wrote:My 3007 makes plenty of sense. IIRC Mastin was talking about VOTING HIMSELF if it meant not lynching Tammy. He definitely flat-out admitted to voting people he thought were town just because they were better lynches than Tammy (his opinion). And Jason just went back in time and fishes up this bullshit of yours and posts it out of context? I need to go back and read like 3 pages if I want to see the whole story about why acosmist said that, but I don't care to because the semantics case you/Jason are making of it is terrible anyways.

…………………………………

Are you sane? Mastin and Tammy have nothing to do with that post. Snifit was being wagoned. Aco comes in and is all “can we please lynch scum instead of randomly wagoning a townie” so I asked him is snifit town. How you think that’s out of context, idk. Nor do I get this “the semantics case you/Jason are making of it is terrible” What semantics case?

In post 3013, AngryPidgeon wrote:Is he scummy or not?

oh deffiantly. Does he actully have a scum pm? Maybe. These days mafia is more or less just a guessing game. Most town play derpy as hell these days for lulz/improve scum meta. I'd lynch other players over him though.

@Aco Why have you not claimed your kill flavor? What is it? What is your read on Cherry?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3015, Nero Cain wrote:If you
think we’re different alignments
then you’d WANT the messenger to claim so that way when I flip town you can lynch the messenger.

No, I think its possible you are both town or town/scum. I just don't think its likely at all that you are both scum. I thought I was clear about that?

"What semantics case?"
Ok, slip case. Would scum-Acosmist really just roll into the thread and see Town-Snifit getting wagoned and say "Hey guise! Lets stop randomly wagoning town Snifit! Because I am scum and I KNOW he is town!"

Thats a shit reason to suspect Acosmist. That post is not a slip. Hence why I dont care about the context ultimately anyways.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3016, AngryPidgeon wrote:No, I think its possible you are both town or town/scum. I just don't think its likely at all that you are both scum. I thought I was clear about that?

ok.

So I flip town. What do you do next in regards to the messenger? I guess nothing sense you've already said he could be town or he could be scum. Well if he's scum he's not going to claim. This looks like a ball of fence sitting.

In post 3016, AngryPidgeon wrote:That post is not a slip.

‘Cause he isn’t on your team? With what authority can you make that claim? I mean if you have the
OPINION
that Aco scum wouldn’t say that then fine (and yes scum do claim townies are town all the time) but you cannot say, as an uninformed majority, that he’s town.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3017, Nero Cain wrote:Well if he's scum he's not going to claim. This looks like a ball of fence sitting.

What am I sitting on the fence about? I proposed a plan and laid out the pros/cons of it and pushing for it.

Re Aco post: He could be scum. He could be town. (I think hes town) He could be the flying pumpkin that shoots laser beams out of its ass. Im saying THAT POST doesn't mean anything. Its null. And calling it a slip is bullshit.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3018, AngryPidgeon wrote:What am I sitting on the fence about? I proposed a plan and laid out the pros/cons of it and pushing for it.

So your plan is: have Nero target Aco. If Nero dies and flips town then???

Your plan seems incomplete.

In post 3018, AngryPidgeon wrote:Im saying THAT POST doesn't mean anything. Its null. And calling it a slip is bullshit.

So your telling me that even if Aco is scum he wouldn't have slipped? lol That's pretty dumb. IF he's scum that post is more than likely a slip unless he's buddies with snifit. So it sounds to me like you pretty much believe that he's a town parinoid posion owner. Wich brings up an interesting question. Why would you as town want to sacrifce another town player to the PGO?

Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by Acosmist »

We have a Tammy/Benmage situation again, don't we?

If I'm scum, target me. Come on.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by Acosmist »

It's fine. I am scum so Nero will target me tonight and not die.

Simple!

Let's lynch someone else, as I will be confirmed scum soon, yes?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3015, Nero Cain wrote:@Aco Why have you not claimed your kill flavor? What is it? What is your read on Cherry?

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3019, Nero Cain wrote:So your plan is: have Nero target Aco. If Nero dies and flips town then???

Then acosmist is confirmed town and unable to be NK'd. That was kind of the point.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by Acosmist »

don't have a clue about cherry

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”