Vote Count #10

Shamrock (4) - Bacde, ICEninja, Mirhawk, Disturbed_One
ICEninja (3) - McStab, Dunhamganger, absta101
Bacde (2) - Nachomamma8, Jabberwock
Disturbed_One (2) - jmo16mla, Shamrock
McStab (1) - RedRabbit
Mirhawk (1) - iamausername

Not Voting (0)

Deadline is in: (expired on 2012-12-15 00:00:00)

13 alive, 7 to lynch.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by Jabberwock »

In post 247, Bacde wrote:
In post 240, Jabberwock wrote:Hunting from "interactions" is useless when you don't have solid ground to stand on re: individual alignments. Those "scum v. Town" reads are just excuses to line up mislynches.

:neutral: I've been saying that I think jmo is town all game. I don't understand why you think I am posturing for mislynches.

@Jabberwock what is your read on Shamrock/Disturbed and the way they just talked?
We are not answering any questions from you until you answer ours. Explain your reads and their order. All of them. Don't care if you've done so before.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 246, Disturbed_One wrote:Bahahahaha.

I suggest if you want that vote to hold any water that you reference the game and post in which that happened.

I want a list for the same reason I wanted a list from Bacde. You're a scum suspect.

Unvote: Bacde
Vote: Shamrock

Post your reads, sir. I have no problem lynching you before we lynch Bacde.

Oh shit. An OMGUS vote?!?!? *gasps* lmao
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Cheery Dog replaces RedRabbit.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

UNVOTE:
I'll see why my vote was there as I read through the thread, but since I haven't got around to reading yet, I might not agree with it's reasoning.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Melmond replaces McStab.

Apparently it's ridiculous of ICEninja to nag me to replace RedRabbit 24 hours before the official replacement time but it's a-ok for me to replace McStab under about the same circumstances.

Whatever, I'm the moderator. And I guess that's just what you get for only posting a prod-dodge.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Mod you get a golden star sicker for me. Lurkers are one of my most hated things in this game, and mods who replace lurkers get golden star stickers. (And my request wasn't ridiculous based on the fact that he was prodded, made one contentless post, and was prodded again. Said prod was not picked up immediately. If I was mod I'd boot someone for that.)
Shamrock wrote:
In post 234, Disturbed_One wrote:@ absta:

Mind explaining? I did not get that from Ice's last post.

What's typically the claim procedure in these sort of games, if the scum claim a town PR? I've never played in a mini before, so I'm wondering what we should do next.

I've made this post, like, almost verbatim as scum before.

VOTE: Disturbed

Shamrock's join date is in 2005. Disturbed's is 2012. I shouldn't need to explain how ridiculous this is.

We all good with a Shamrock lynch? Bacde, you should probably do your best to bodyguard who you think will die tonight because if you live the night I'm probably going to want to see you lynched then.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Melmond »

I'll be reading
unvote
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

That was a boring readthrough, nothing wanted to stand out for me, therefore I'll just stick to the more recent posts

In post 241, Disturbed_One wrote:Not sure I believe Bacde, really. In a situation like this, it wouldn't have been outlandish for him to take a gamble and claim bodyguard. Claiming VT probably wouldn't have protected him - every game I've ever played where someone claimed VT, that person was typically lynched. So maybe he figured he was busted anyway and decided to risk getting CC'd.

That said, I like where Jabber is going with these questions and I don't want to unvote just yet.

what would you be expecting him to claim if he is telling the truth?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

@ jmo:

Not OMGUS. I asked him for his reads and he did not post them.

@ Cheery Dog:

Well, if he is telling the truth he would claim Bodyguard regardless. That's why I said I'm not sure if I believe him or not. I still find what he did scummy, regardless of the claim, and I have a hard time believing he is really town after all that.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:40 am

Post by ICEninja »

Actually I'd like to add to Disturbed's comment, I'm further suspicious of a bodyguard role for a couple reasons.

-Firstly, they seem kind of rare in normal setups. Doctors are much more common. Therefore, seeing one claimed raises an eyebrow. It's sort of like a watcher role, you just see trackers more often.
-Secondly, because they're rare, it's a safer claim for scum to make. Since it's theoretically possible for there to be both a cop and bodyguard in the game, it wouldn't make sense for the more common role (doctor) to counter claim the bodyguard. It would just be bad play.
-Lastly, it's a very safe role to confirm. Unless town has a tracker or watcher, literally the ONLY way to confirm his role is to die.

All 3 of these things, combined with Bacde's scummy play is really giving me a lot of cause to doubt the claim. I always have a knee jerk reaction to unvote claimed power roles, but if we don't want to see Shamrock lynched today I would probably be willing to go ahead with the Bacde lynch.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

bacde is town.
i absolutely hate to say it, but bacde is probably town. in any case, we're not lynching him today so please don't talk about lynching him today.

Unvote, Vote: Shamrock
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 236, iamausername wrote:Bacde's case on Nacho is hella dumb, but there's no scum motivation behind it. scum don't just randomly bail on a popular wagon to bullheadedly attack one of the most experienced players in the game against massive resistance on all sides. that is very much the behaviour of a town player who is convinced they've caught scum and can't understand why no one else sees what they see.

That's what I thought until he voted Shamrock.
it was the shamrock vote that got me
but now that he's claimed, I agree.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:13 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 261, Nachomamma8 wrote:bacde is town.
i absolutely hate to say it, but bacde is probably town. in any case, we're not lynching him today so please don't talk about lynching him today.

Massive read change on me (with minimal reasoning) after votes start leaving me? Does this
NOT
look like scum to anybody else?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 263, Bacde wrote:
In post 261, Nachomamma8 wrote:bacde is town.

Massive read change on me (with minimal reasoning) after votes start leaving me? Does this
NOT
look like scum to anybody else?

tunnel so hard mother fuckers want to kill me
that shit cray

Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:27 am

Post by Jabberwock »

We hate to interrupt your tunnel of love on Nacho, Bacde, but what about explaining all your reads like... right now?

Nacho, read on iaaun, please.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:30 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Town. He's been doing his own thing for a while, which I like, and he's been doing some things that are pretty stupid for scum but completely sensible for town and so I'm only a tiny bit paranoid of him because I always am.

Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 am

Post by Jabberwock »

In post 266, Nachomamma8 wrote:Town. He's been doing his own thing for a while, which I like, and he's been doing some things that are pretty stupid for scum but completely sensible for town and so I'm only a tiny bit paranoid of him because I always am.
Frankly we think his latest post is balderdash. It feels like iaaun is trying to milk his meta of looking for oddities, but going for the weirdest things that make no sense from a Town perspective by someone with his experience.

For example, while the timestamp issue is a good point, the second/third person business is ridiculous. Newer players often switch between second/third person out of an awkward sense of detachment, and
I
do that all the time. I'll even switch in the same post at times. This isn't any kind of valid tell, and with iaaun's continuous attention to this kind of thing, we'd expect him to be aware that it's not alignment-indicative.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:42 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 265, Jabberwock wrote:We hate to interrupt your tunnel of love on Nacho, Bacde, but what about explaining all your reads like... right now?

Nacho, read on iaaun, please.

You already disagree with a bunch of my reads so I don't understand the purpose of this "assignment"

I already gave you my reads. Howabout we get a list of yours? I think I'd be able to show you where you are mistaken.

Your vote is still on me, does that mean you think I am scum? Who would you think is cleared when I flip town tonight?
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:51 am

Post by Jabberwock »

Bacde wrote:
In post 265, Jabberwock wrote:We hate to interrupt your tunnel of love on Nacho, Bacde, but what about explaining all your reads like... right now?
You already disagree with a bunch of my reads so I don't understand the purpose of this "assignment"
You don't have to understand it, you have to do it. We want to see the reasoning behind your reads. Why are you so averse to doing something that your top Townread is asking you?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 am

Post by Bacde »

3 Reasons:

The reasoning I use apparently makes me top suspect.
I don't want scum to have an idea of who I'm going to bg tonight.
My reads have changed since I even wrote the list.

Seriously fighting the urge to vote nachomamma

Why are you averse to giving me your list of reads? Its probably for similar reasons as me giving out mine.

What is your read on disturbed/shamrock? And the way they just interacted?

You are making yourself out to be townleader when you are a participant like the rest of us.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 am

Post by absta101 »

UNVOTE:
IceNinja seems town although i'm noticing quite a bit of fence sitting coming from him (he mentions that he's "unsure" a lot).
---

Shamrock is L-2, i'll let the replacements talk before voting him.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:17 am

Post by absta101 »

That was from an ISO read.
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Jabberwock »

If our reads have changed, you should have no problem explaining why they were the way they were when you made that list, since said list doesn't out your bodyguard target.

We are trying to read you. One of the best ways to do so is via the legitimacy of your reads. You provided a pretty ordered list, so we want to see your reasoning for that list. This shouldn't be such a wild concept and it shouldn't be like pulling teeth. Explain your reads at the time you made that list and their order.
You
made the list, you shouldn't have trouble explaining it. Stop dodging and do it.

As for our 'list of reads', we don't need 'lists' as we have already provided reads on several players. Unlike you, we don't seem to have an issue explaining said reads, so stop painting us as if we are in a similar situation.
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 am

Post by Jabberwock »

^ To Bacde.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”