Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:31 pm

Post by sprontalic »

ibaesha wrote:Which craplogic was that?
That was a joke.
Coron wrote:Can we get back to lynching glorkos?
I'm up for that!

Seems like my other head's gone to sleep, finally I can get the body to myself.
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:56 am

Post by sprontalic »

Yosarian2 wrote:for mini neo lurking and sprontalic's two posts looking a bit scummy. (Post 1: votes Glork for "crap logic". Post 2: "That was a joke", but leaves vote in place)

And sprontalic, you could prod your partner with a pm if he dosn't show up soon.
As mini already said he wanted to hang around until the randomness was over. As for me The reason I kept my random vote was because Glork is the only one I'd vote. As for the joke the crap logic wasn't referring to this game...it was referring to the time I was glorked in some other mini which I forget the number of but is too lazy to check for.

As for lurking...this is the first big game I've been in and all this randomness is just too hard to keep up with. I'll try but I honestly don't know what to say or do. So yea I'm as clueless as mini with this. :(

For now I'm going to
unvote
vote: Yosarian2
as OMGUS as well as lurker hunting.
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:19 pm

Post by sprontalic »

themanhimself wrote:This is a huge bleep on my scumdar! It starts out as stupid, moves into craplogic, and has a big finale of overdefensiveness. It's a 3 act scum post.
vote:sprontalic
My only defence, is that craplogic is better than no logic.

I know my vote hardly has any basis, but I hardly think that it's going to lead anyway, must like the rest of the votes that's been made. But I didn't want to do something completely random coz if we keep doing that, the game really isn't going to go anywhere.
Yosarian2 wrote:There's absoltuly nothing wrong with lurker hunting
My (limited) experience tells me otherwise, but I'm willing to learn.
Yosarian2 wrote:If you want to change my opinion of you, then do something, like hunting scum, that makes you look pro-town.
K fine, I'll do a reread just for you...though theres really not much I can see as scummy right now. Theres a lot of discussing tactics (like which scum head to lynch etc), joking around and empty threats of "hey lets kill so and so quickly". That's the only explanation I can give as to not trying to hunt scum in the first place.

In light of a reread, I'm going to
unvote, vote: re2fan
for his "STFU" post. He's a newbie, and from what I think newbie scums are the most likely to lash out in insult when they're jerked slightly.

Seriously though, I think most people are just being overdefensive because they're trying to add content where theres really non to be found.

*takes a cup of cocoa from pooky* ah thanx, I really needed that :D
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:08 am

Post by sprontalic »

Adele wrote:Hmm. Vague claim there. The trouble isn't that crap (or weak) logic
is
, but that it has a dangerous tendency to masquerade as truelogic. No logic is defiantly indefensible. Craplogic... you're waiting for someone to pick up on it, and it seems essentially dishonest in its nature. If it were upfront, followed by a "/craplogic" tag, that'd maybe be different...
Sounds like a good idea...I hadn't really been introduced to the idea of tagging though. Maybe I should use it more.

But I figured that it looked obvious enough that the logic was weak due to its delivery (if I had meant it properly, I wouldn't have needed to say vote for OMGUS at all and simply deliver the reason by itself).

Just for the record I messaged my other head...haven't got a reply yet.
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:11 pm

Post by sprontalic »

Hmm looking at tmh and H2 I made some interesting discoveries.

Firstly tmh points the finger at me for overdefensiveness and slaps on a vote for me. Two days later he slaps on an FOS on me. Was the FOS really necessary or was it a subtle attempt at trying to place attention on me?

Next I looked at H2 and noticed that he's doing exactly what tmh is voting me for, that is overdefensiveness.

So we have the newbie scum tell from H2, and the possible IC scum tell from tmh. Looks good enough for a vote to me.

unvote
vote: tmh/H2

I think lots of people in this game are needed prods.
*pokes other head*
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:33 pm

Post by sprontalic »

Eon wrote:Spon holds for air, then mini neo doenst talk. Spon thinks telling STFU is 100% sign of scum. Neo tells his other head to do all decisions which is weird, maybe because his other head is good at being scum or something.
Don't misinterpret me. I never said that STFU's are 100% scummy. I haven't seen how he plays yet so I can't exactly make an informed decision as to whether it is scumminess or simply jerky behaviour. Ah that stage though jerkiness tends to point towards scumminess until further information arises to refute/reinforce that view. Nontheless I in no way said or even implied that he is 100% scum. I remember that I even unvoted him later.

unvote
vote: Eon

He starts off with contentless talk like everyone else. Later he seems to just brush off initial attacks against him. But then when people are like "do something, we're serious about wanting you dead" he's like "well you're pushing me so hard that I can't do anything". Dude you COULD'VE done something earlier, but no you decided to brush it off, so you backed yourself into the corner, now dead with it.

Finally he decides to do something and it's the most half assed effort I've witnessed ever. He misinterpreted (me), baselessly assumed that H2 is scum and built an argument against him without backing it up at all, finally he tops it off with an OMGUS comment.

Reading post 262 just hurt so much that I think that in itself deserves a vote.

MOD:
can I get a prod/replacement head. I think my other head has gone into a vegetative state.
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:42 pm

Post by sprontalic »

Nightson wrote:Not liking the Eon wagon. Might be wrong but it seems more like newbishness than actual scumminess.
Surely he can't be so new that he's
that
unattentive and sloppy with his playstyle. It's almost like he doesn't care.
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:05 pm

Post by sprontalic »

Yosarian2 wrote:I'm still pretty happy with my mini neo/sprotalic vote. That post where he OMGUS voted me was incredidlby scummy, and since then he's jumed back and fourth between the tmh/H2 bandwagon and the Eon/re2fan bandwagon, in a way that makes me wonder if he's just following everyone else and hoping for a lynch.
If you look at my votes, their accompanied reasons have been getting stronger and stronger.

And just for the record I'm not voting for Eon just because he was over defensive, but it's also that he's giving piss weak defences when he does defend.
Pablito wrote:I'm on board with StD's defense of Eon. It's a reasonable stance.
Awww come on, we want to see heads turn against each other.
Coron wrote:Can we lynch Glorkos already?
Nah I like the Eon wagon (is there even a reasoning behind the GlorkoS wagon?)
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:17 am

Post by sprontalic »

Limited Access Thread wrote:Will be away for the next 4 days (till tuesday)...I also wont be able to update my games today coz busy too.

I'd prefer not to be replaced but if I need to be then that's fine with me.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:43 am

Post by sprontalic »

Lowell wrote:Hey all. Happy to be half of a player in this game.

As ever, I will read the thread and think of someone to vote for, unless the thread is boring, in which case I will only pretend to read and instead let sprontalic do all the talking (I was really just brought in as eye candy, anyway).
What he really means is that I'm the smart head while he's the (relatively) sexy head. It's ok my friend, you can use your sex appeal to trap them scums. My friend I believe this is the start of a very beautiful friendship.

Anyway onto more important businesses.

Originally I would've attributed Eon's slip up of saying mafia and SK to newbieness...but post 587 just doesn't sit right with me. Is it just me or does he look over defensive there, over defensive in that he's trying hard to defend his slip up as opposed to just admitting that he's made a mistake? Also is it just be or is he slipping up more and more as he tries to correct himself. eg:
Eon wrote:and by SK i ment "Serial Killer and Vigilante"
vote:Eon/Re2fan

Oh Lowell, feel free to undercut me anytime if you want.
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:59 pm

Post by sprontalic »

Just with the overdefensiveness issue. I think it has to judged on a case-by-case basis. Some accusations are so ambiguous that they are meant to just be ignored, in which case an aggressive defense against it would be scummy...this is of course unless the accussed it a newb in which case they will naturally be overdefensive especially in light of 3 votes...this has happened to me before as Glork'd be familiar with.

On the contrary some accusations have basis, and they can't be ignored. Simply disregarding them can be considered scummy because they're obviously hestitating, not wanting to slip up.

The point I'm trying to make is, this isn't something you can explain by a universal formula, it changes with circumstance.

Looking at TMH's situation, his defense started at post 152. I think that looks fine to me. He enquired about having three votes for 6 or so pages. I think that's reasonably protown to me.

~~~~~~~~~

Next up, spectrumvoid. Originally I didn't have much of a problem with her vote on Eon since I believe that reasoning also. I find it entirely plausible that she found some change in her thinking and abandoning the metagaming thing. But I think post 401 and 405 is scummy. If she's that sure Eon/Re aren't scum, why vote them especially in light of a deadline and risk getting them killed?

~~~~~~~~~

some PBPA

Re2fan 68 still jumps out at me. I still can't see where it came from. Could be nothing but noted for future reference.

Ambic 86: H2 was already on 3 votes without good reason so theres no good reason to stick another vote on him. Besides the fact that he tried asking for permission to do it means he doesn't want it to be completely random. That in itself doesn't site right with me.

Ambic 96: His idea about day 1 seemed pretty protown to me...but then I don't like his exploration of a quick day 1 lynch to get it over with. But then again he is a newb and I think newbs are more likely to look at conventional day 1 strategies (that is discussion or lynching). He's discredited the potency of discussion so it's only natural that he'll look into lynching.
Ambic wrote:YES: Pretty sure ambic is telling the town his opinions on things as well as talking to his partner.
--Not only this. If we all only talk to our partners the game will die on account of nothing to analyse. No one can be caught being scummy by not posting. Lynch the lurker will become our only method of finding scum and thats pretty worthless.
One of these: Pretty sure I could be wrong and ambic will enlighten us, or ignore us altogther.
I just thought of something interesting in light of this. I think we should rigourously lurker hunt in this game. Since there are two heads for each player scum would most likely discuss the game with each other outside the thread so they don't slip up. If we pressure them hard I think they'll slip up more readily, exposing their scumminess.

TMH 196: He was already voting me...but then he says the post he quoted wasn't worth a vote. I really looks like mega backpedalling to me that seemed to have escaped most people.

Re2fan 261: Blatantly playing the newbie card.

Eon 262: The most half assed response I've ever witnessed.

Eon 265: Blatant attempt at appeasing Ibby...surely that's a scum tell because townies have need to appease.

Shadowlurker 268: It makes sense to be unforgiving of playing the newbie card in a full sized game...except when the game is full of newbies. The fact that we have so many newbies means that most of them are going to be inexperienced and inevitably play the newbie card. Although I'm not saying we should ignore it, but if we were to smite everyone who uses the newbie card with a lynch we are essentially shooting ourselves in the foot. Surely that can only benefit scum.

Eon 286: Typical scum WIFOM argument (with the lynch me and you'll see I'm wrong).

Eon 326: I swear I heard some psychologist say once that quantifying things excessively means that they're hiding something.

Ambic 426:
FOS you (Ambic)
for even considering a no lynch. No lynch is always bad!

That's basically all of day 1...it's very simplified but rereading 25 pages of crap is always annoying. There were also things that I was specifically looking out for. Anyway with the day 2 action so far, I think Glork has a point about Eon. Although I'm not entirely convinced since selective knowledge can so easily be faked, I not that sure he's scum anymore after reread...more like an unhelpful townie that's playing poorly.

So right now I'm going to hop back on SV's wagon because it seem so appealing right now.

vote: Spectrumlord
for blatantly looking for a kill regardless of circumstance during deadline.

*phew* that was tough work.
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:24 pm

Post by sprontalic »

spectrumvoid wrote::D Wow. I totally forgot about that point. I went to do a read since I've forgotten everything, and it's true that M/G did NOT protect E/R all the time... TSQ lied.
Am I missing something? Coz wasn't it MoS that said they protected E/R the whole time?
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:35 am

Post by sprontalic »

Here is my opinion thus far:

Eon and Re2fan are townies, but they're generally utilising bad play/tactics. The kinda attitude I'm getting from him seems genuinely like crap play. In spite of this a small part of me is unwilling to remove the possibility that he's scum. As such I have no problem with lynching him on the basis that he could end up being a liability to the town, regardless of whether he's town or not. Although I don't think he's the best play today, if the majority agree to lynch him or if deadline comes, I'll be quite comfortable with voting him.

On the other hand I have suspicions about others...although thus far they're instinctual/due to past influence and have yet any evidence yet, so I'll keep this under my belt until I do a thorough re-read. I've discussed this with my other head, so he may look into it before me. Nonetheless if I end up being the one to follow this up, I won't be able to get to it until sunday at the earliest because the weekday is going to be used to study for my final test and the weekend is for post school partaying. I'll try and stay up to date at least with the recent going on's but a re-read won't come until much later.

Pre-emptive defence: For those saying "look Lowell and Spront are scum coz they're obv trying to lurk". I've been lurkish due to my tests in the past weeks, so theres my proof there. As for Lowell, I dunno, but I can't talk for him. And if I must, I will post during this week, but forgive the lack of thought and content.
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Post by sprontalic »

I'm gonna
unvote
since I don't even remember why I voted for Klebivoid.

Anyway the Eon/Re wagon gets the big thumbs down from Lowell and I.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:08 pm

Post by sprontalic »

Eon wrote:Do you want to lynch scum or town? For me it seems like you dont really care. Seems like you are exited about night, and you arent person who helps this game much.
I think his comment is quite reasonable considering this day's been going for almost a month already. Though I don't like the whole "lets lynch someone already" I don't think suggesting it now is particularly scummy.

For me, I'm happy with either a Coringgoofball or ReEon lynch today.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:50 am

Post by sprontalic »

pfft like nothing...seriously.

unvote
vote: Eon

in light of a deadline, that's probably the best course of action to take.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:49 pm

Post by sprontalic »

Well now that Coron/DGB are killed, all my prior ideas are gone...so for now I withhold my vote unless Lowell has some idea.

(This is actually just an "I'm here" post)
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”