CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:03 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

PJ's the King? I suppose we'll have to do a lot of talking before he'll feel compelled to come to a decision. :lol:

While I'm here, I might as well
vote: Glork
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:37 am

He still wants the King (capital K) dead, so start bandwagoning.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:39 am

I bet he does. Even more damning evidence.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:16 am

vote: pablito

I think I'm going to vote for everyone who associates with Glork until there is a yummy cluster of scummyness for the mighty King to chose from. :lol:
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:25 am

bird1111 wrote:Come to think of it, I did go too far with my joke votes
Unvote Glork
Unvote Pablito
"Joke votes"? Very interesting. Let me add you to my scummy votecluster.

vote: bird1111

I'm having a good feeling about box.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:01 pm

Pablito remains an oddity for me. He was too quick to let bird1111 off the hook for what I still believe to be a weird thing to do for a townie (placing votes on two of the most visible players and later unvoting them under the premiss that they were "joke votes", almost as if he got cold feet) and their interaction afterwards doesn't help either.

On the plus side, I'm getting townie vibes from PJ and Box, and to a lesser extent from Glork. Enough so for me to
Unvote: Glork
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:09 am

I'm here. I'll reread and come back to you with thoughts within the next 12 hours or so.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:16 am

I've skimmed through the thread (long 12 hours, I know...), and the most scummy person on the LoE is bird1111. He has been under fire for a long time, yet he never felt the need to really respond to the accusations against him. Scum shouldn't be allowed to do this just because they can't be pressured via bandwagons, and therefore I think that our mighty king should present him with an ultimatum.

Pablito has confused me entirely with his play, enough so that I don't think he should be killed anymore.
Unvote: pablito

Another person who stood out to me during my quick reread is ubertimmy. Just check out his isolated posts and you'll see what's wrong with him. If we can't get it done today, I would like to see some pressure on him tomorrow.
Vote: ubertimmy

I'll try to do a propper and thorough readthrough and will post a longish post before the deadline hits.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:11 pm

Restating my suspicions for the King's viewing pleasure:

Vote: PJ
, for lynching Rosso on extremely short notice and without giving him any time to defend himself. PJ defended himself against this accusation, but not to my satisfaction. I find it suspicious that PJ of all people waited for the very last second of the deadline to compose his final List of Execution (and the first one to mention Rosso at all) even if real life matters claimed most of his free time. Given his status as a player and his position as king yesterday, I would have expected him to take extra care to play as good as possible, but he didn't. In fact, the way he played it out (waiting for the deadline to hit in order to execute a townie "under pressure") is what I imagine to be a very viable strategy for a scum king.

Vote: StallingChamp
, for his one post of substance, which was unfortunately lost to the crash. In it, he complimented PJ on a good decision, while admitting a bit later that he has no idea why exactly Rosso was under so much scrutiny. Due to the circumstances, I can't prove that he really said that, but I suggest at least keeping an eye on him.

Vote: Twomz
. He was one of the people most blatantly hopping on the birdwagon, but that's not his only crime. Asked by me if he actually had any reason to vote for me apart from Fritzler demanding it, he used an especially insulting logical fallacy on me: Burden of Proof. Again, this has been lost in the crash, but I'm sure King Glork remembers it, seeing as he was the first to call the fallacy.

Vote: ubertimmy
, for extreme lurking.

I think that's it.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Yes, Pablito, I already expressed my opinion that yesterday's decision was a tough one to make for pro-town PJ. It's my hesitation to believe that pro-town PJ would wait so far into the deadline to get down to business in the first place that makes me suspicious of him.

His defense of having time constraints at that time is one I cannot dispute. But since it
can
serve as a cover for a scum-king to execute a townie, I'm not willing to buy it either. He said it himself, believe it or don't, and I'm inclined not to.

I have to ask you though, Pablito:
What message do you think you're sending to a potential future scum king by granting PJ complete impunity just because he was under a deadline and had your support? Never mind that he broke one of the rules he imposed on himself:
petroleumjelly wrote:2.) I will only execute persons while they are on my LoE, and I will give them 48 hours notice if I am planning on Executing them, from which time they may make final pleas, and the town (obviously) should chip in their opinion.
And no, I don't know what motive scum PJ could have had for executing Rosso, apart from him probably being PJ's most vocal oponent. I can't read minds. Can you?
Pablito wrote:I don't believe that PJ got rid of Rosso simply because Rosso was vocal against PJ - in fact, PJ knew he'd have to deal with the consequences (and burden of pro-town play like Glork) today anyway - so eliminating Rosso could not have been as beneficial to a scum king as anything else...at least all in my opinion.
Most of us are townies, so having Rosso dead is about as beneficial to scum as anyone else. The fact that your reasoning for why scum PJ wouldn't execute Rosso is mostly based on WIFOM is not sitting well with me though.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:25 pm

Huh. The "search all posts by user" seems to be somewhat malfunctioning. I had to look for the following post manually:
Glork wrote:
CrashTextDummie:
Please elaborate on what you meant when you said this:
CTD wrote:Pablito has confused me entirely with his play, enough so that I don't think he should be killed anymore.
Unvote: pablito
Pablito has intrigued me the most so far with his play. At first, I just found it scummy, but at some point it became obvious to me that he's doing it intentionally. What I can't figure out is if those intentions are good or bad, and as long as that is the case, I don't consider him a good lynch. Thus I unvoted to give him more time to show his true colors.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:51 pm

Glork wrote:I meant to include that little phrase. Could be indicative of an MBL-Mert pairing. Or MBL might be aligned with either Pablito or PJ (though I'm doubting that now, given his response). Or he could very well be town, but that would just make me sad.
Why would that make you sad? From my point of view, his analysis has merit. I pretty much agree with his stance on PJ, and he raises some good points against Pablito. His case against you is the weakest of the three, but it's still worth consideration.

That last sentence is really bugging me. Assuming you are town, I don't see why you are so quick to dismiss the points he raises against PJ and Pablito.
Glork wrote:CTD, are you around? Will you do your homework assignment? Do I need to smack you into submission?
I already did. :D
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:49 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:Please add CTD to the people who find my actions reasonable this game. Also, vote: CTD. I've read him in games where he was fabulously insightful. Where's the curiosity, CTD? Your defense of me, while accurate, is easily something scum could do safely, knowing that when I come up pro-town someday, having defended my arguments will be a +1 in your book. I'd really like to see a complete list of CTD suspicions beyond the lurker list of votes you posted three weeks ago.
The only person I voted because of lurking was ubertimmy. I did it because I hoped to get him to talk, but such endeavors have been proven to be fruitless without the kings support.

I voted Twomz and StallingChamp because they have both posted scummy stuff, most of which was unfortunately lost in the crash. Since then, they have both fallen off the face of the earth, which makes me think that my votes are in the right place. I am particularly confused by Glorks lack of interest in Twomz: He (Glork) was the first to point out a
blatant
logical fallacy that Twomz flung in my face, but either doesn't remember or doesn't care about it anymore, now that it has been wiped from the record books.

As for PJ, I'll quote Zindaras here as well:
Zindaras wrote:CrashTextDummie: Now it gets interesting. CTD started off with a good feeling towards cbox and a scummy feeling towards bird. Fritz went guano against him, after which Twomz vote him as well to satiate Fritz. He got town vibes from PJ, cbox and Glork and was suspicious of bird and ubertimmy. MBL had him on an execution list with Rosso and Twomz. Pablito was suspicious of him. Day 2 he voted PJ, SC, Twomz and timmy, which gave me a very scummy vibe (Post 557), especially since he had stated to have been getting town vibes from PJ earlier. Pablito later voted and unvoted him. He also agreed with MBL's theory linking PJ and pablito together.

I think he's quite scummy. Post 557 contained some votes that struck me as very scummy, and he has a minor link with MBL.
This is a mountainous game, with the added bonus of having no real voting patterns to go off of. The number one source of information are executions and nightkills, and yes, I allow myself the luxury of changing my opinion based on them, thank you very much.

I had very little trouble with PJ during most of D1, hence why I said I'm getting townievibes from him. But the way the execution went down still leaves me hugely dissatisfied. I'm not even holding against him that he offed a townie, as the odds were very much against a townie-king. It's the way he brought Rosso to the execution block at the very last minute without giving him a chance to defend himself
at all
that rubs me the wrong way. Is it possible that PJ was so short on time that he couldn't do better even if he wanted to and he thought that he was doing the right thing? Of course. Would this be an optimal excuse for a scum king to kill an innocent? Very much so.

The king is the only person in this game that can be judged by his actions, as opposed to his words. I personally felt like PJ's reign was ultimately more in line with that of a scum king, and I voted him for that. His defence (now lost in the crash), which basically amounted to "I didn't have time, think of that whatever you want" (feel free to correct me if you feel misrepresented, PJ) wasn't exactly inspiring either.

If you think I am "quite scummy" because some of my votes "struck you as very scummy", I want to know which of these 4 votes you are objecting against and why.

I have to say, Zindaras, I find it astounding how much we disagree on almost every point.
MrBuddyLee wrote:Can everyone please pipe up with how you will view Glork if he executes each one of the people on his list? If you DON'T do this, I request that everyone view you as scum tomorrow for avoiding weighing in.
At this point, I see no reason to execute Yos or MBL. I haven't figured out Pooky and Pablito yet (Pablito in particular is still eluding me) and I don't see why we shouldn't keep them around for them to prove their worth (or lack thereof). I need to reread Mert before I can comment on him. StallingChamp is the only one that belongs on this list, IMO.
Nightson wrote:The only one execution I'd have a problem with is Yos, I haven't gotten any scum vibes off him at all.
So the 6 other persons on the list are either scum or otherwise not worth keeping around in your book? That's not the kind of attitude I'd expect from a pro-town player.

I would also like to point out that unlike some other people, I am not impressed with LuckayLuck at all. He came in declaring a lot of people from "slightly townie" to "strongly townie", some of which I found hard to follow (his stance on Nightson, for example). Now I know that there are differences in playstyles, but I can't help but raise an eyebrow when a player relatively new to the site comes into a mountainous game on page 28 and is willing to "strongly defend" 1/4th of all the players and is getting townie vibes from another half a dozen players.

There is a real possibility in my mind that he is scum who decided to pick out a select few people to attack while leaving the bulk of the players alone as to not get on anyones bad side when he replaced. While we're at it, though, care to comment on Twomz and Zindaras, Luckay? You seem to have missed them the first time around.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:04 pm

Glork wrote:I really don't remember what that logical fallacy was. Other than general stances/attitudes, I don't remember much of anything that happened during the crash. What did Twomz do?
I asked him if he had any real reason to vote me other than to satisfy Fritz, to which he responded by asking me if I had given him any reason NOT to vote me. Burden of Proof.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:52 am

Zindaras, your case against me is utterly ridiculous.
Zindaras wrote:Endeavour
s
? You posted the votes. You never followed up on them. You never really tried to get the king to prod them (in fact, you didn't even ask for a prod when you voted him). You were content with just lying low.
I voiced my opinion, I placed my vote. What else do you expect me to do? Come begging to the king whenever I feel a player hasn't posted enough, so he may do something about it? I used my votes the only way I can in this game: To notify the king of things I feel should be adressed. I don't have any control over what he does with it.

It should also be noted that there's a difference between not posting at all for a while and posting every once in a while and saying nothing of susbtance in the process. It has already been proven in this game that prodding ubertimmy does not result in him posting any useful content.
You vote them for one scummy move, but you don't point out why else we should vote them. You don't make a case, you just point out scummy posts, apparently hoping other people jump on it.
Again, what do you expect me to do? I see something scummy, I vote. I'm sincerely sorry that I don't have 3 paragraph cases on all these people...[/sarcasm]

I really hope you are joking here, but pointing out scummy posts and voting accordingly is what a pro-town player is supposed to do. You did it yourself when you declared me scummy for one post I made. If I were able to make a detailed case against someone on D2 shortly after a significant number of posts have been lost, this game would be a lot easier.
Rosso was under suspicion for quite a while. He posted nothing in his defense. He didn't respond to pablito's allegation. He didn't respond to anything after his first few posts, which were very very odd.
The first time Rosso was mentioned by the king at all was 24 hours (give or take 1) before the deadline hit. Before that, he didn't seem to mind him (check his Post 349 for reference, where he said that he didn't have "any strong feelings" about anyone not discussed by him before. This was after Rosso had made his last contribution to the game, i.e. all his posts were available for review). When he was executed, his only real offense that I could agree with was "not getting his shit together" like he promised, but then again, the pro-town thing to do according to you would have been to ask for his prod, which I don't think anyone did (certainly not the king).
So you ignore PJ's posting throughout the entire day and condemn him for his execution?
Which part of "judging by his actions, as opposed to his words" did you not understand? A scum-king can be as pro-town as he wants all day long without doing any harm to himself or his team. It's his execution which ultimately counts. Plus, I wouldn't put it behind PJ to fool me for a while, given his skills at playing this game.
I'll note, by the way, that you nicely avoided weighing in on Rosso.
This is the only semi-reasonable point in this entire post. Like a number of other people, I'm guilty of not being more active when the day came to an end. I did however clearly state that the one person on his LoE whose execution I could support was bird1111.
PJ and SC. Your vote on PJ is damning him for his one move and you leave everything else he's posted out.
Way to not read what I said. I vote PJ because his reign as a whole is more in line with that of a scum-king in my opinion, not because I'm "leaving everything else he's posted" out. Again, I have to ask you: Is it scummy to reevalute someone I found pro-town before with the added knowledge of how the execution went down?
SC because you damn him, again, for his one post in which he said PJ made a good execution.
Again, you don't seem to grasp what really went down. SC said PJ made a good execution
while at the same time saying that he didn't understand why Rosso was executed at all
. How can it be a good execution if you don't understand why it happened in the first place?

And while we're on the subject of "damning someone for one post", I believe that's what you're trying to do to me right now. Just thougt I'd point that out.
Ubertimmy's just reeks of hypocriticism, and ignores all the other lurkers.
Ubertimmy and bird1111 were the most extreme lurkers on D1 in my opinion. I can't afford to vote every single lurker in the game, because that would render my votes completely useless.
What disturbs me most of all is that you don't make cases. You just post random scummy tidbits and hope others do the work for you. I see that as scum trying to avoid the spotlight and get town lynched.
Newsflash for you, champ. The king
has
to make all the work for me. The only thing
I
can do is point out who I think is scummy and hope for a pro-town king to make the right decision. I find your accusation that doing this is scummy absolutely ludicrous.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:54 am

While I'm at it:

Glork - mind commenting on Twomz, now that I have refreshed your memory?

LuckayLuck - likewise. Please answer my question.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:58 am

Glork wrote:I would expect you to ask for a prod when voting a lurker
based on the fact that he is lurking.
I've already addressed this point with MBL. I feel that it is every player's task to make sure that people are active. If you are unhappy that Timmy is not posting, you are perfectly capable of posting "Could we get a modprod on him?"... are you not?
If you had quoted the next paragraph, you would have had my answer to that question.

Ubertimmy has been prodded, and he posted. He didn't post anything of substance though, and there is nothing I can do about that.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:39 pm

Quote fest ahoy!
Zindaras wrote:
I voiced my opinion, I placed my vote. What else do you expect me to do? Come begging to the king whenever I feel a player hasn't posted enough, so he may do something about it?
Why not? I mean, it doesn't have to be begging, but you can try to bring it to the King's attention.
placing my vote = bringing it to the King's attention

What's so hard to understand about that?
Zindaras wrote:
It should also be noted that there's a difference between not posting at all for a while and posting every once in a while and saying nothing of susbtance in the process. It has already been proven in this game that prodding ubertimmy does not result in him posting any useful content.
Then why did you vote him? Prods nor votes were really helping.
Because his excessive lurking warranted a vote. Duh.

I place my vote where I feel it belongs. Whether or not it helps is unfortunately out of my hands.
Zindaras wrote:You could not make an extensive case on PJ? I mean, really, you think PJ is scum, you vote him, but you can't make a big case on him, even if he's been arguably the most prolific player Day One?
I don't need to have an extensive case on someone in order to voice my suspicion on them. I appreciate your little fantasy about catching all the scum in one fellow swoop, but it's too ambitious for your own good. I can tell that you're wrong about at least one of the the trees you're barking up on. Right now I think you're barking up on the wrong entire forest.

It would take a colossal blunder from someone like PJ for me to nail him on Day 2 of a mountainous game. What he did was not damning, but it was enough for me to be suspicious of him at the beginning of Day 2, and I voted accordingly, in a post that was longer and more thorough than the one you keep referencing, I assure you. It was lost in the crash, so I reposted a condensed version of it. Tell me what's scummy about that.
Zindaras wrote:
I really hope you are joking here, but pointing out scummy posts and voting accordingly is what a pro-town player is supposed to do. You did it yourself when you declared me scummy for one post I made. If I were able to make a detailed case against someone on D2 shortly after a significant number of posts have been lost, this game would be a lot easier.
Yes, you are correct. But you need to do more than just that. Pointing out scummy posts is not enough. You need to keep focusing attention on the players, ask them questions, be inquisitive.
3/4 of the players in this game are not doing what you're asking of me. Why exactly do you single me out?
Zindaras wrote:So, because Rosso was town, PJ
has
to be scum?
Because Rosso was town and executed under what I consider to be very dubious circumstances, that makes PJ more likely to be scum, yes.

I'd appreciate it if you stopped acting like I was desperately trying to get PJ executed. You're the one who pushes BS cases like your like depended on it.
I think PJ was just under a lot of pressure, from the deadline and from himself, and that made him screw up.
Please go back and look at Rosso's posts and tell me he deserved to be lynched over them. He's generally not the easiest fellow to read, but at the very least, he wasn't giving off bad vibes. At worst, you could say he was typical Rosso, which rarely tells you anything about his allignment.

PJ knows Rosso. I really can't picture pro-town PJ going over his posts at the last minute and thinking that he's more deserving of an execution than any other player in the game.
Zindaras wrote:I can't comment on what SC said, since it was lost in the crash, before I got in this game, but it seems like a weak case altogether.
That's just lovely. You can't comment on what SC said (which is quite correct), but for some reason you insist that me picking up on it is hugely scummy.
Zindaras wrote:The difference is that I've looked at all your other posts and found nothing in there that speaks for you.
I'm sure you went over the abundance of posts that speak for StallingChamp while you were at it. I have to say, Zindaras, you're exhibiting some extreme double standards in this game.
What made your vote on ubertimmy useful, exactly?
You're awfully fond of ubertimmy, aren't you? If my votes weren't "useful" in your opinion, I'm sure you'll agree that they weren't harmful either, correct?

You have made it perfectly clear by now that you don't agree with any of my votes, I get it. But I still haven't seen an argument for why they are scummy.

And if it's any comfort to you, I don't think yours are that hot either.
Zindaras wrote:You can make cases against whoever you want to. If they are good, the King will consider them and listen to you.
I don't consider it my job to make perfect cases so that the king may pick off all the scum one by one, because I'm not dilusional. I'm trying to contribute as best as I can and I will continue to point out what I believe to be scummy actions or players along the way, whether you like it or not.

I generally don't make big big cases unless it's a good one and I am confident I have caught a scum. I can't say yet whether you're even trying to catch scum, but I can tell that your cases aren't good ones. At the very least, this makes me seriously doubt your judgement.

----------

I think I already answered Yos' questions, but I'm gonna go back and do a reread in the next couple of days anyway. I'll post my thoughts on a couple of players when I get there.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:38 pm

Glork:
Is there a particular reason I am on the list of people you want to hear from, but not the likes of Fritzler, Der Hammer, Nightson, who's last posts are all older than mine?

The only person on your LoE that I haven't commented on yet is Mert, on whom I did a reread. My thoughts:
  • He spent the first few posts discussing the game mechanics, which is a null-tell, IMO. One one hand, it's a good way for scum to participate without saying all that much, on the other hand it's something a townie would do as well. The suggestion he made in his Post 44 (two town choices & two king choices)
    might
    be intended to benefit scum, but it's not at all damning.
  • People he voted for on D1: cardboardbox, MoS, bird1111, Phoebus
    Not a bad track record, although the reasoning behind most of his votes was based on the way these people chose to use their votes, which is a tad narrow minded.
  • By the end of the day, he advocated a Phoebus lynch over a bird1111 lynch, which I find a bit inconsistent. He argued for the Phoebus lynch because he thought him to be unhelpful, even though he acknowledged that it wouldn't provide much info. Bird1111 on the other hand was not only unhelpful (a glance over his D1 post reveals that he truly was as unhelpful as Phoebus if not worse), but also had some strange/scummy votes in the beginning, something Mert and I agreed on. Reading over it from a distance, Mert preferring the Phoebus lynch based on this reasoning raises an eyebrow.
  • Speaking of raised eyebrows, Post 239 does the deed as well. I can definitely see this as scum subtly encouraging the king to misexecute while fluffing it up with a lot of background knowledge on the first game. Note that this wouldn't necessarily say anything about PJ's allignment, as it could be both townie-manipulation or in-threat scum-communication.
  • I have no idea about the content of the posts of his lost in the crash, but looking at what's available, I see a curious change of direction as far as his suspicions are concerned. In his first surviving D2 post, he votes for Pooky and Twomz. Nothing on his D1 suspects cardboardbox, Phoebus or bird1111. I know that a lot of people changed their opinion on bird1111 in the crash-victimized part of D2, but Mert seemed to abandon everything that happened on D1, which is generally not the best scum-hunting tactic. At the very least, all his post-crash votes were based on stuff that happened on D2.
Overall, I'm finding Mert reasonably scummy. Certainly enough so to make him the best executionee on the list along with StallingChamp.

I'm also intrigued by PJ's analysis of Mert. Apparently, he wasn't at all bothered by some of the things I've picked up on upon rereading, which reassures me that something's amiss with him. I'd expect town-PJ to be more vigilant. Or he's just not seeing what I'm seeing, in which case I'd like him to comment.

Anything else, Glork?
Zindaras wrote:What I understand from Post 557 is that you voted SC for one post, which was lost, in which he contradicted himself. That seems a bit over-the-top.
Would you agree that contradicting yourself is scummy?
If ubertimmy is town (something I do not find unlikely), then your vote could easily have been the beginning of a wagon.
If I started a bandwagon, then your good buddy PJ jumped on it. Any thought on that?

You failed to adress the one thing I was most interested in, Zindaras:
CrashTextDummie wrote:You have made it perfectly clear by now that you don't agree with any of my votes, I get it. But I still haven't seen an argument for why they are scummy.
Thank you.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:50 pm

Zindaras wrote:Depending on the contradiction, yes or no. There are contradictions I don't find scummy, and some that I do.
I'd be interested in knowing what constitutes a non-scummy contradiction in your book.
Zindaras wrote:The fact that it didn't develop into a full-fledged 'wagon doesn't mean it couldn't do that.
Stop deliberately avoiding the issue.

What's the difference between me voting ubertimmy and PJ voting ubertimmy? Why does it make me scummy but not PJ?
Zindaras wrote:I have addressed this. I think your votes are scummy because they're on people I think are town and because you seem happy with not following up on your suspicions when they're ignored.
You think StallingChamp is town because I attacked him and you think I'm scum because I attacked StallingChamp.

Circular logic. I'm not impressed.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (isolation #20) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:01 pm

PJ - I didn't say I expected you to write a novel, I expected you to be more vigilant. You played one game with Mert before in which you were paranoid of him because he was constantly encouraging you and now that he does it again it's a-okay? You seem to think very highly of him (with good reason, as far as I can tell), yet you believe his game to be so one-dimensional that you have figured him out after playing with him once? Do you think he wouldn't encourage you if he were scum?

I found your analysis lacking not because it wasn't long enough, as you seem to be suggesting, but because you left out some things that I feel a player doing a thorough readthrough of someone's isolated posts should mention. His change of vote-targets
is
noteworthy whether you find it scummy or not, because it's the only thing of note he has done on D2.

I'm also not getting a particularly good vibe from your spectrumvoid vote, because what you find scummy about her (being "sheeplike" and "appeasing" you) is roughly the same thing you find townie about Mert ("complimenting" you). They were both buddying up to you.

Pooky - Actually, I did say something about bird1111, and it was lost in the crash. My stance was that bird1111 was not scummy for opening D2 with a large analysis, since that was exactly what had been asked of him the day before. I have already discussion the thing about me not being "passionate" enough with Zindaras.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:58 pm

PJ - I took the time and skimmed over all of Mert's posts in Newbie 254, and I got more of a thinking-the-same-on-everything vibe and mutual trust, than what you're describing (which doesn't mean anything of course, as I can't relate to how you perceived it back then).

However, I don't think that you can compare his behaviour in that game with his Post 239, which had more of a "don't worry if you execute a townie, I won't feel bad about it as long as you don't admit that you did it knowingly" undertone in my view.

It's no secret that Mert pushed for a box execution on D1, and if you don't see how this post was more than just "cheerleading", then quite frankly you must be blind.

Also, I'm sure you'll agree with me that being knowledgable of Kingmaker I is not a townie-tell.

PS: Terribly sorry if this is tiresome to you.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:48 am

I want neither Pooky nor Yos to be executed. Pooks posting a huge analysis resonates with my townie cord, because I've seen him make an effort when threatened to be lynched as town before. The analysis itself is more or less what I'd expect from a townie. I didn't register any malicious twisting of facts or other related shenanigans, and while I don't agree with all of it, that doesn't make me want to see him dead.

As for Yos, I just don't see a good enough case against him to warrant an execution.

I would fully support executing the following people at this point:
- StallingChamp. Although Zindaras disagrees, his contradiction
was
scummy to me, and he has proven himself to be utterly useless ever since. His predecessor ChannelDelibird wasn't as bad, but looking over his posts, I'm not too fond of him either.
- Twomz. Reasons stated before. Prominent member of the bird wagon, piggybacked onto Fritzler, used Burden of Proof, dropped off the face of the earth. The fact that his replacement is taking forever to drop by isn't exactly reassuring either.

If you want me to comment on anything else before the deadline hits, make it snappy.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:59 am

I didn't say (and don't necessarily think) that neither is scum. I just don't see that strong of a case against Yos.

It's been a while since I isolated his posts, but I didn't pick up any strong pro-town vibes from Yos the way I did with Pooky. But I didn't pick up any anti-town vibes either.

If you want a straight answer to that question, I'd say that Pooky seems "townier" to me at this point.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:09 pm

Looking over the latest posts, I am somewhat suspicious of MoS and Olio.

I don't normally consider it a scum-tell when people find me pro-town, but seeing as I'm not at all proud of my own performance so far, I can't help but raise an eyebrow at MoS's analysis of me. While it is factually accurate, wordings like "I am fairly impressed by CrashTextDummie so far" make me think that MoS might be scum who is trying to link himself to me.
olio wrote:That was a good start, MoS. Keep it coming.
Buddying doesn't get more blatant than that.

I've missed quite a lot and will need to do some catching up (rereading MoS and Olio in particular), after which I'll present my 3 top suspects and everything else the King (or anyone else for that matter) might ask of me.

PS: Happy New Year, everybody!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”