Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

VOTE: Yates
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:38 am

Post by Cybertronix »

UNVOTE:

I'll catch up later today.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Cybertronix »

This is my first large theme game, but I have to agree that speculating on PRs and alignment this early is dangerous. Wouldn't this type of discussion be more suited for D2?
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 122, Benmage wrote:@Cyber - Speculating on PRs.. really never good. Just a lot of discussion surrounding the outted PGO Acos. Speculating on alignment...?? Welcome to mafia?

Sorry I meant the alignment based on the name, ie Solid Snake must be Town because he's a "good guy" in the videogame.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 119, Kublai Khan wrote:@Cybertronix - Why'd you unvote your random vote?

I wanted to take another look and I didn't know there was a case on Yates. Just at work, so I can answer some questions but I'll take my time later to take a detailed look.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:18 am

Post by Cybertronix »

Hey all. I know I said I'd take a look at this but I've been busy. I have a bit of time this morning, and a lot this weekend so I will put something together.

I just wanted to answer this real quick:

Zoroaster wrote:

Cybertronix wrote:Sorry I meant the alignment based on the name, ie Solid Snake must be Town because he's a "good guy" in the videogame.
This isn't necessarily true. The Arkham City game we had a while ago that had Batman, Selina, and Robin as the scum. I think someone else was 3rd Party but the main pint is that the "good" guys were scum. There are more than enough villains in Harry Potter and Metal Gear.

You're taking my quote out of context. In my previous post 117, I was talking about the dangers of speculating roles/alignment based on the character name.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:00 am

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 223, zabriel wrote:
In post 219, Cybertronix wrote:Hey all. I know I said I'd take a look at this but I've been busy. I have a bit of time this morning, and a lot this weekend so I will put something together.

I just wanted to answer this real quick:

Zoroaster wrote:

Cybertronix wrote:Sorry I meant the alignment based on the name, ie Solid Snake must be Town because he's a "good guy" in the videogame.
This isn't necessarily true. The Arkham City game we had a while ago that had Batman, Selina, and Robin as the scum. I think someone else was 3rd Party but the main pint is that the "good" guys were scum. There are more than enough villains in Harry Potter and Metal Gear.

You're taking my quote out of context. In my previous post 117, I was talking about the dangers of speculating roles/alignment based on the character name.

Well, that's the thing about a theme game. They don't have to line up, but they usually do, unless there's a huge twist in flavor, or if a set has way more villains than heroes, or not nearly enough villains to make it interesting. Unless I have good reason to think otherwise, I'm going to assume alignment matches with canon. I guess when we get Peter Pettigrew claiming Town we can revisit the topic.

I'm not sure why alignment speculation is something that's bothering you Cyber. Mafia is a game where we speculate on alignment. If we get too into looking at roles that gives scum too much information. Speculation CAN turn into outguess the mod, but that's more to do with the names and roles that make it into the game. Even that has its place, because it's logical to assume that the main characters are going to be there, as are some of the important side characters.

It doesn't bother me. I just wanted him to know what I was actually referring to there. It's a dead topic and I think we've since moved on.

Good deflection though.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:10 am

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 225, zabriel wrote:Considering that you brought it back up again...

So I wasn't supposed to give him context on something I said? Good call.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

Hey all. I know i said I was going to post and I will. My sister in law decided to pop by for the weekend so I haven't been able to sit down for an extended amount of time to post. I'll try to post something of substance tonight when she leaves for home.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

I'm pretty much caught up.

It's past midnight over here so I'm going to make this brief, but I hope to be more active in the days to come.

Jason, Yates and Nero are town because of the dayvig/AV action.

zabriel is setting off the scumdar. His speculation of the possibility of having more than 1 mafia, indicates that he may know a bit more than he's letting on.

He also has "scum feelings about people that should be logically somewhat clear by the AV flip". Who and why? Nero pegged AV D1 and is now suspicious?

I also don't like how he had to add his comment in the exchange between myself and Zoroaster. It feels like he was trying to deflect attention (which I point out), because of the heat being put on him.

VOTE: zabriel
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 450, AngryPidgeon wrote:In post 402, Cybertronix wrote:
Jason, Yates and Nero are town because of the dayvig/AV action.

What about it makes them town exactly?

AV voted Jason in RVS.
AV voted Yates and tried to get me to sheep.
Nero pegged AV as scum.
AV gets killed by Dayvig.

Do you think AV would bus his scum-partner(s) on D1 in a large game?
Do you think Nero would bus his scum-partner on D1 in a large game?

RE: Catch-up posts.

Why not just post something after reading everything with your conclusions, rather than FoS'ing everyone in the game?
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

So both Zoroaster and AV were coaching me? Interesting that I never picked up on any of that.

Not going to bother reading through this right now as things are heating up in my other game.

I don't like how confident you're sounding in this, AP. That picture should be /picardfacepalm.jpg
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

Mildly paying attention and felt the need to chime in yes.

Like I said, I'm playing another game that's in mylo right now and is seeing a lot of action right now so I'm devoting time to that.

Go ahead and build your case on me though. This should be fun.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 572, AngryPidgeon wrote:Short bullet points against Cyber:
1. Not very much content.
2. One of his first points of interest is that setup spec may be anti-town. Really easy point to make, looks like posting for the sake of posting.
3. The jason/Yates townreads for their AV interactions are also really easy analysis. Posting for the sake of posting.
4. Says Zabriel is scummy for thinking that people AV interacted with aren't necessarily cleared. That is scummy how?
5. His whole Zabriel case is absurdly forced. Just read post 402 and tell me its genuine.
6. Accuses Zabriel of deflecting attention for posting a comment about something between Cyber/Acos. Once again, how is that scummy? Do you honestly expect town to just OMGUS and defend themselves under pressure and NOT give a shit about the rest of the players?

1. Sorry that everyone can't post 4 gigantic walls full of thoughts on every page that FoS's everyone.
2. It's also my first large game. 2nd part of that statement was asking if setup spec talk was best held to day 2. Didn't get an answer for that.
3. Posting reads is scummy. Agreeing with other people's thoughts is scummy. Not agreeing with people's thoughts is scummy. Not posting is scummy. Wagonning is scummy. Not wagonning is scummy. Gotcha.
4. This was a legit question that I asked, which still remains unanswered. Why are they scummy to him?
5. Subjective. But since you're concentrating on me right now, it seems like you're trying to draw something out of nothing.
6. He injected his opinion on something that was pretty much already a dead topic. I was just correcting Zoroaster because he read my comment out of context. At the time Zab posted that, there was already a wagon on him so it looks like a deflection. There was no reason for him to comment there. I'll use one of your quotes and say that he is "posting for the sake of posting."

On coaching:

Seriously? Do I need my hand held through this game because it's so big and scary out there? AV was just trying to take advantage of my newbieness and thought I would be naive enough to follow. Where's the Zoroaster coaching? No really... I don't see it. All I see is commenting on something I said, which was taken out of context.

Time for you guys to take your fail-wagon elsewhere.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 am

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 621, Amrun wrote:I've just had a very public and gruesome death in the family and it's really, seriously fucked me up and I'm limping along in all of my games - each and every one.

Condolences Amrun. I see reasons for people wanting you to replace out, but if Mafiascum helps you maintain sanity then by all means stay. I'm sure those here who are being insensitive don't mean it.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

Replacing out. Too much stuff going on IRL, so cutting out the amount of games I've got going here.

Good luck and have fun,

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”