Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:21 pm

Post by Wacky »

/confirm
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:52 pm

Post by Wacky »

Morning,

Vote: Romanus
, because he's clearly scum!
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:15 am

Post by Wacky »

Mert looks scummy too! ...maybe boo as well. Maybe you're
all
scum...
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:49 pm

Post by Wacky »

Well, it does look like I have to pick a wagon now, doesn't it?

Unvote Romanus, Vote: Boo

The other two wagons just don't look too appealing to me.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:17 pm

Post by Wacky »

Well, no-one was interested in Romanus, and trying to start a fourth bandwagon when there's already 3 already is kinda -_-;

In any case, I am unable to read the following quote out loud without talking with a Fat Tony accent. (+1)
Romanus wrote:Bird is playing it cool, I like that. that last post makes sure everyone knows you're not gonna lurk and also shows you care.

Nice, very nice.

UNVOTE

But someone actually tried to push this wagon. I'd like to see some focus on him.

VOTE: Nightfall
Plus you know, he was third on a bandwagon (+1), and sort of defending someone you voted for on day 1 (+1).

But you know, it's day 1, I dont worry about reasons until day 2.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:25 pm

Post by Wacky »

Ah, forgettaboutit.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:54 am

Post by Wacky »

I see that I have 5 votes. Time to claim:

I am a townie. No special abilities.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:50 pm

Post by Wacky »

I would FOS Boo for that remark if it wasn't for the fact that I wasn't voting for him already.

You do need to lynch mafia to win you know.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:16 pm

Post by Wacky »

How is choosing a bandwagon suspicious? When it comes to trying to find out who's mafia, I tend to get the most hints when someone is under pressure - mafia sometimes do the most stupid things (whether or not they're the ones being pressured or not). With 3 people being potential bandwagon candidates, trying to start a new one without much to go on would be suspicious.
Hackerhuck wrote: my vote for Wacky was due to Wacky behaving like Boo by claiming "certain" proof on Romanus and then jumping on a different bandwagon.
Wiktionary wrote: flippant

1. Lacking proper respect or seriousness, showing inappropriate levity; pert.
If you look at past games, you'll see that I always appear suspicious, and especially on Day 1 or 2.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:33 am

Post by Wacky »

Careful there, lynch -2 with Eon's vote.

I would like Sailor Jerry to respond though, you're right about the lack of... anything really.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:55 am

Post by Wacky »

Well, I reread the thread, and then I reread the thread again, and then a third time.

Overall thoughts:

Jack, Lowell, Slaking Master: When people mentioned you two, I thought "Who?" Please lend us your thoughts as to who is mafia as of now.

Sailor Jerry: Seems too defensive for me (FOS: Sailor Jerry). Won't vote on you due to cop claim, but please calm down.

Bird11111: I don't know, he's starting to look suspicious to me now, he's posting a lot but his posts don't have much of a substance to it - and by substance I mean who he thinks looks suspicious to him - on page 6 all he's done is state and ask the obvious about the cop claim as though he really, really needed to make sure. Oh, and there's that nice post Mert made that seems to implicate him a bit.

That's all.

Vote: Bird11111
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:05 am

Post by Wacky »

I claimed because that's the way Day 1 mafia bandwagons worked. Weak bandwagon on someone, if it gets close to lynch they claim, unless they are mafia and claim something really stupid the bandwagon evaporates. If you don't claim, town or mafia you'll get pressured, look suspicious, and might get lynched. Being lynched will reveal your role anyway, and is always disadvantageous to your side. Therefore, I always claim when close to a lynch, regardless of the strength of the case against me, and regardless of my alignment. Which in this case is town, but I'm also talking about Sailor Jerry here, who I find just a little suspicious.

And it's not like I'm a doctor or anything, so harm in claiming minimal.

But I haven't played mafia in 8 months, so things might have changed, but that's just the way day 1 informational bandwagons work.

HackerHuck: You are wrong. You are right about how the claims do not mean much at this stage because people can and do lie. But you are wrong that there is nothing to learn of value. A day, two days from now, you should find Day 1 to be an absolute goldmine. Pretty much half the mistakes mafia make (that I have noticed) in a mini-game happen on day 1. I think it has something to do with how they're still settling into their role.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:00 pm

Post by Wacky »

Mert wrote: So did you feel pressured into claiming or was it more that claiming is just the done thing so you did so? Or was it more that you thought "meh, I'm just vanilla so there's not going to be any real harm?"
A little of both. Claiming at lynch -2 if it day 1 makes sense, because by lynch -1, you run the risk of some random hobo stacking the last vote on.
What do you think about Jerry's claim, anyway? Do you think that four votes was too early for a power-role to claim when he wasn't asked to or do you think it's similar to your own reasoning?
I have written a response to this, but I'm just noticing that Sailor Jerry hasn't responded to your question yet. I think more information would be gained by hearing his explanation first.
bird1111 wrote:Agreeing with Mert and Lowell, not only does asking votes on who to investage gives scum to have someone of their choosing investigate; and it also allows the scum to kill your investigation, as the doc(s) will be protcecting you, therefore wasting your investigation.
QFT.

As for the Doctor problem:

@Jack: Asking about the doctor can elicit responses that will allow you to tell who the doctor is without them actually coming out and saying it. Since you look relatively new I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but be careful what you say.

@Doctor (if one exists). My suggestion: use fuzzy logic and protect SJ with probability 90% and the most helpful person you can think of with probability 10%. [That I suggested it should be enough to give mafia second thoughts on killing the most helpful pro-town player.]
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:58 am

Post by Wacky »

What I wrote wrote: I feel he felt pressure that wasn't there and was being overly defensive, which is a little suspicious. Even so, he should have some cop results tomorrow, and the way he handles his results will decide how I feel towards him.

I think that his claiming early is, IMO, in character with someone being overly defensive and feeling under pressure, so to me it's just a part of the big picture, which is: He seemed to feel pressured, and overreacted just a little. Is this suspicious to me? (Yes)
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:00 am

Post by Wacky »

Apologies for the double post, but I'm just noticing you wrote that you had three reasons and only gave two. What was the third?
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:13 pm

Post by Wacky »

Mert, how do I put this: you seem to be assuming I'm innocent a little too much for comfort. It's getting creepy the number of times you said "Wacky" in your posts, so I'm going to have to FOS you, even though you're defending me or something.

Well, I suppose a lie is a lie, even if its just a contradiction, and lynch all liars (tm), so I feel obliged to vote for him, but he seems like he has a lot of votes already and a lot of his scumtells seem more like poor town play than anything. So I don't know, really.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:00 pm

Post by Wacky »

The lie was that whatever his name was contradicted himself about not having a reason, but anyway.

I think the mafia could have won.
PM(emphasis added) wrote: PM: You are Saulus. You do not know who the mafia are, but
you will win with the mafia if you are not lynched
. However, if you are lynched, you will be revived immediately and you will now win with the town. You lose your reviving abilities after you switch sides.
Please confirm in thread and ask any questions via PM, thanks.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:04 am

Post by Wacky »

It looked like it was going to be an interesting game, but I was a little worried (not so much worried as wondering what to do) - what if mafia was somehow able to remove the SK and felt that there weren't any vigilantes left? There's 5 potential mafia-allied roles (3 mafia + Judas {after lynch} + Saulus {before lynch}), so if Slaking Master went and told everyone who the mafia was on Day 2, mafia could still have, you know, won?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”