[OLD] Newbie Game Queue

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:24 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back!!!

Here's how we're going to handle things:

1. We have deleted the players off of the Newer Players list, but maintained the Mods, SEs and ICs list. Since these are established players we'll have less issues with needing to replace them once a game starts. You may begin to sign up for games as normal and once we have 6 Newer players we'll start a new game.

2. All games are being moved out of The Road to Rome, since they are "finished".

3. For the Mods that had an active game before the crash, you have two options:
    You may let us know that you want to rejoin the Queue from scratch. You will be bumped to the front of the Queue list and put into the next available game as the game Mod. Or, if you want to attempt to restart your old game, let singer know. In order to continue one of the old games, you must have complete access to the cache of the game and you must get confirmation from 2/3 of the living players on the game list saying they are interested in continuing the game.

Mods have ONE WEEK from this post to let us know either way if they wish to be bumped or attempt a restart. After that, we're not dealing with it any longer and you will be entered into the Queue as if you /in'd normally.

If you continue your game, you will maintain your old game number. All new games will start with game number 1221.

4. Players should direct any questions about whether their game is going to continue to their respective game Mod. If your game is not going to continue, you should /in as normal to the Queue to start a new game. Due to the potential sheer volume of players, we will not be able to bump anyone to the front of the Queue if your game is not being continued.

5. Games that were not complete at the time of the crash will be entered into the Wiki as "Abandoned due to the Great Crash of 2012". We will make every attempt to list the games that were actually completed as such in the wiki, but we need to be able to verify with cache data in order to do so. If you have cache data on a game that should be listed as complete in the wiki, please send it to Vel-Rahn Koon.

Thanks for your patience while we got the kinks worked out and got the Queue thread restarted.

Vel-Rahn Koon
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:37 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

This is exactly what we need if you intend to restart. Equinox just find a proper replacement (newbie, se, ic) for the missing slot if you know the 3rd isn't coming back.

My suggestion is to start a brand-new thread, title it Newbie 1198, and in your first post (after the intro, rules, roles, etc.) put a link to the cached data. I will go through for the restarted games and edit the Queue list to make sure the list of games points to the right place.

Vel

PS: Xalxe, I see your post after Equi, just do the same thing for 1209.

In post 2, Equinox wrote:I'd like to continue Newbie 1198, as I have the full game recovered from cache, and 2 of the 3 living players have confirmed that they are interested in finishing the game.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

AFAIK he is going to attempt a restart. It would be a good time to just redo Day 1 if everyone is ok with it.

In post 5, Tierce wrote:/in as IC, unless Untrod Tripod intends to restart game #1218 with re-randomized roles (while it was lost in the crash, there was a mod error that compromised the game with the D1 flip), in which case I'll IC that one (first time ICing).

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:44 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

/ontheemergencymodslistsoegosearch

Guys, it's going to be hard enough getting things restarted. Please don't fluff post in the Queue threads. That's what GD and Forum 62 is for.

Thanks,

Vel

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You're still in the Queue Voided. Is this /in for a 2nd or are you just reiterating? If it's the former we'll get it added. If it's the latter then make sure you read the Queue thread first :D

In post 17, Voidedmafia wrote:/mod (was only in the queue at the time)

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #664 (isolation #5) » Thu May 10, 2012 4:52 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

That's correct masenko. Average wait time is 4-5 days for a new game to start (see the OP of this thread). You may want to browse the site and read ongoing games to see how things are done. Please don't post in any game threads you're not explicitly playing in.

Welcome to mafiascum!

VRK

In post 676, masenkoEX wrote:Hi, I'm a newb, and was directed here... Sooo,

/in

I guess? I don't completely understand how this works, but I'll learn as I go along.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #4925 (isolation #6) » Wed May 01, 2013 1:24 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

/In to Mod.

Haven't had to type that in a llooooong time :D

Return to “Completed Signups”