Metagaming...

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon May 01, 2006 1:30 am

Post by Iammars »

Kelly Chen wrote:Metagaming is wrong.

I keep a strip of duct tape along the left margin of my screen. That way I'm not tempted to check who it was saying stuff.
Then how do you know who is scum in the game that you're currently in? :teach:

Anyway, I don't metagame by trying, but there are some playstyles I know down that it is how they always act, scummy or not (IS, BJ...)
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon May 01, 2006 9:08 am

Post by Iammars »

Fiasco wrote:But lynching people based on things which don't point to them being scum is something I'd do as town as well as as scum, so you'd all have to start lynching each other for lynching me based on something which doesn't point to me being scum.
So what? You're asking us not to lynch you based on a playstyle that doesn't necessarly point you to scum because your lynching people on a playstyle that doesn't necessarly point them to scum?
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Tue May 02, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by Iammars »

Fiasco wrote:
Iammars wrote:So what? You're asking us not to lynch you based on a playstyle that doesn't necessarly point you to scum because your lynching people on a playstyle that doesn't necessarly point them to scum?
Exactly! To lynch me based on a playstyle that doesn't necessarily point to me being scum because I'm lynching people based on a playstyle that doesn't necessarily point to them being scum would be to engage in the very act that you would supposedly be punishing me for.
But according to you, you should now be lynched in every game you are in because your playstyle is to lynch other people based on playstyles that don't necessarly point them to scum, and you can't use your playstyle to your defense because according to you, no matter if your playstyle necessarly means that you are scum or not, you should be lynched for it.

By using your same rule, everyone should be lynched. Each person has their own unique playstyle, whether it is one of the more famous ones or something subtle. Therefore, everyone has a playstyle that doesn't necessarly point them to scum, and therefore, everyone should be lynched. Therefore, no one should be lynched. Therefore, your theory is stupid.

I WIN!
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Wed May 03, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by Iammars »

HA! I see that no one has tried to respond to my post. Now I really win!
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Thu May 04, 2006 1:28 am

Post by Iammars »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Iammars wrote: But according to you, you should now be lynched in every game you are in because your playstyle is to lynch other people based on playstyles that don't necessarly point them to scum, and you can't use your playstyle to your defense because according to you, no matter if your playstyle necessarly means that you are scum or not, you should be lynched for it.
However, if by voting for him you are encouraging other people to act in anti-town ways and get away with it by calling it their playstyle, then you are also acting in an anti-town way, and therefore, as we're ignoring playstyles, we should logically lynch you.
No, I'm saying that Fiasco wants to be lynched because he wants to lynch people who have a playstyle that doesn't necessarly point them to scum, and he has a playstyle that doesn't necessarly point him to scum.

BUT

We know that lynching people based on playstyles that don't necessarly point them to scum is bad because everyone has a playstyle that doesn't necessarly point them to scum, so everybody should be lynched, therefore no one should be lynched. Basically, Fiasco wants to commit suicide, but he has to do it himself, since we can't, otherwise we would be lynching him on an arbitrary reason.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”