Metagaming...

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon May 01, 2006 7:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Arafax wrote:Being new to the MS site, I am not sure what proper etiquette is.....I have read mixed opinions and I am curious about metagaing.

Things such as posting about a playstyle in other games.
Things like noticing where and when people are posting.

What does everyone think about this?.....Thanks!
Both of the things you posted about seem like perfectly reasonable sorts of metagaming. One establishes a pattern of behavior, that can be checked against current behavior. Of course some people don't have a pattern, or have one that's counter-intuitive.

And noticing when/where people are posting is generally helpful on a site such as this, where games can take long enough to notice. On a fast-paced site where you're expected to post every RL day, I'd find it much less useful.

And then things like "I don't like their avatar, their signature, or the fact that they killed me in the last game we were in together" are pretty bogus, IMO.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Thu May 04, 2006 8:07 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Note to self: come back here after Clue is over (BJ is dead, but I'm not, so therefore it's probably not kosher).
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Tue May 09, 2006 4:52 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Let me try to generalize this so it's not about any ongoing games.

I have every belief (fear? given the number of times I come up scum, maybe that's better) that IS and BJ are Hell on Wheels during speed mafia/rl games. Their insistence on accusations and pushing for reactions would work great in a fast-paced, no-time-to-think-just-act/say-or-die game. If I recall correctly, that's BJ's background on FBG, and IS played a lot in person before coming here.

But it doesn't work here. People are allowed/expected to have 24-72 hours before they have to respond to a post. Almost ANYONE can come up with a decent, measured, calm response in that amount of time. Anyone who can't, I want to play Poker with them sometime... :twisted:

I just don't think it's helpful, no matter what side he's on. It provides cover if he's scum, and it is too scattershot to really be beneficial if he comes up town.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”