MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #202 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:56 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Magna and I are discussing things in the QT currently but we want one thing clear –

Everyone playing the “White Lanterns are Anti-Cult, Scum are confirmed Red / Yellow Lanterns” flavor outguessing are doing it wrong.

The categories each have the ability (aside from Black Lanterns, who are more or less Mod confirmed as the Cult) to be placed in any sort of role.

Non-Lanterns – Can draw from traditional Super-heroes or Villans to fill out the Town / Mafia as needed.

Colored Lanterns – Obvious.

White / Black Lanterns – The White Lanterns do have some questionable characters (Maxwell Lord being the highest profile) that can be used in either fashion as necessary.

So until we have flips or have Cop claim that gives flavor Mod responses that restrict Mafia to a set group nothing about the make-up should be assumed. I’d expect a Mafia team mix (some Red / Yellow Lanterns, some other Villans, maybe a White Lantern)

We chose, in order,

Non-Lantern
Colored Lantern
White / Black Lantern

If someone could make a list of claims that would be fantastic.

Vezok – please confirm the following fact – your character is a female dressed in white named Freezer and you haven't screwed up reading in giving us this.

- AlmasterGM
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3761 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:04 am

In post 3760, tanstalas wrote:I can't believe I endgamed claiming Larfleeze D1 :P

I think that was mainly because Luthor flipped Town Orange and you weren't a threat to either scum faction with your meh play.

More comments later when I have time.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3762 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:03 am

Well this is a Town win I totally didn't see coming ... I had it written off as Scum / Cult when players like Magister and Andy were allowed to live much longer than they should have.

Thanks to all mods for the game. Running a non-Vanilla large game is a challenge. I understand the concerns expressed in the Dead Thread regarding not handling rules consistently and not following NAR but they were not crippling, IMO. Good flavor as always ... sad I had to die N1 again as.

Mafia did a great job crippling the Anti-Cult roles in their NKs / mis-lynches. Seriously ...

I think overall not a single element of the game (Town / Cult / Mafia) overall played a solid game. I completely agree there was too much flavor / power / Night action speculation and not nearly enough actual scum-hunting from the Town.

I think the Cult was probably overpowered with three players at the start. And giving the scum two free "Vig Janitor" kills would have been incredibly overpowered had Toog not scummed it up so obviously Day 1.

I need to read through the actual Role PMs to get a sense of everything that was going on. But I can say with certainty this is my last Cult game for a long, long time.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3764 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:17 pm

@Hiplop
- Now that the game is over this is my source for your Scum-meta. Kthanxbye ....

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3776 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:10 am

In post 3775, GreyICE wrote:Also we followed NAR order resolution, just not the golden rule bullshit that leads to the roleblocker fiascos, etc. So investigates were ALWAYS going last.

Grey then you don't understand how NAR works. The Golden rule is there to make sure that logical conflicts are resolved in a manner that makes sense. The list only comes into play after using the Golden Rule.

There is no reason for a Roleblocker to be Non-Redirectable just because it appears on the list earlier. It appears on the list earlier because in case of conflict between a Roleblocker and Redirector targetting EACH OTHER the roleblock should have precedence.

The way NAR was misused this game was bad. No offense to the Mods but it was one of the two things that were not handled well (most everything else was well done), the other being not following the explicitly set rules or amending them immediately when one was broken.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3778 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:36 am

In post 3777, GreyICE wrote:Yeah, the problem is that the golden rule is highly noncondusive to running games quickly, and 90% of the time no different than following the list. The other 10% of the time it's usually fine. More importantly, simultaneous resolution solves all dueling roleblocker possibilities.

Taking the time to actually use NAR to resolve Night actions isn't that long a process. I know, I've run large Non-Vanilla games with instant Nights. This is really a non-started problem, IMO.

I'll take your word for the action resolution bit. I don't really care to go verify.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3800 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:31 am

In post 3798, Kast wrote:Think of it like this: a chess game is balanced if both players start with the same pieces. If you remove the queen (2 shot extra night killer) from one team, it is no longer balanced. If you remove the knight (town cop) from one team, it would ALSO be unbalanced. However, the degree of imbalance is much less in the second case.

A game is only 'balanced' in the raw, unadulterated state. That's reality.

The minute actual game-play occurs that theoretical balance gives way to gameplay and decision making.

You can't expect the game to be balanced pre-game for the possibility that Toog (or any player) plays badly and is lynched or makes poor use of his abilities. That's an absurd stance to take.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3806 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:11 am

In the above post I get to add another tick to my signature ... :D

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3809 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:58 pm

In post 3808, hiplop wrote:MoI i thought you were a hydra of magua for a while

Um, whut?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”