danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 am

Post by danakillsu »

In post 1667, inHimshallibe wrote:
In post 1596, danakillsu wrote:Well, look at his interactions with Robocopter. Not only was a confirmed town player quite sure Neruz was scum, but also Neruz tried to preemptively set up a lynch on a player we now know is town even if said player was not modkilled.
My protections:
YamiChan's replacement
ReaperCharlie
Junox

Yeah, they're weird, I know. Don't have too much experience as doc, and I don't necessarily remember my reasons for each of them.

I keep coming back to this as horribly damning point against dana.

Why RC? Also, "YamiChan's replacement?"

I've already discussed this, but I don't remember the reason for RC, and YamiChan was getting force-replaced when I sent in the action. Look, if I was scum, I would have just picked whoever I wanted to pretend I protected and probably made up reasons for each of them.

dana help me out here. I'm on the line both ways.

What do you want me to say? I read the bolded stuff in the post you quoted. Yeah, it looks like he's calling scum townreads. I've done it this game, too, but sure. It's pretty scummy.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:40 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Well, I pretty much am 51/49 due to paranoia.

But dana doesn't seem to have a lot of fight, and this needs to end.

vote: danakillsu
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Seraphim »

Vote Count:

Gammagooey(1)
- danakillsu
danakillsu(2)
- Gammagoey, inHimshallibe

Not Voting(0)
-

A lynch has been reached! Please hold...

A win condition has been fulfilled...please hold...
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Seraphim »

Finally, an end to all this suffering...not all outcomes are unfortunately so positive for all. All games have winners, and losers.

danakillsu, Town
Three-Shot Doctor
, lynched Day 10

inHimshallibe, Vanilla Town, endgamed Day 10

Gammagooey, Mafia
Two-Shot Roleblocker
, survives and wins!

We have a winner!

THE MAFIA(consisting of Gammagooey, SpyreX, Empking, and xvart) HAS FULFILLED ITS WIN CONDITION AND IS VICTORIOUS!

THE JESTER(CSL) FULFILLED HIS WIN CONDITION AND IS VICTORIOUS

THE SERIAL KILLER(Kublai Khan) HAS NOT FULFILLED HIS WIN CONDITION.

THE NEUTRAL SURVIVORS(ReaperCharlie and hohum) HAVE NOT FULFILLED THEIR WIN CONDITIONS.

THE TOWN(consisting of everyone else) HAS NOT FULFILLED ITS WIN CONDITION.

GAME OVER.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Sorry town =(
I waaanted to be town but then I didn't get it.

Also before you go lolwtf we totally blocked Junox the night she tried to kill SpyreX.
And there wasn't a chance of us getting lynched if we had just killed Junox so we really should have done that instead of just trying to get a super easy win by getting a free mislynch on whoever junox tried to kill.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Seraphim »

Everyone can post now. I'll be posting the setup and my thoughts soon enough.

In the meantime:
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/SkNjfGfYL57L - Mafia QT
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/KDDZXy22bgr - Graveyard QT
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/FgKSGfjHCGTN - MoI/SpyreX QT
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I'm not even that upset.

Gamma I was so close to voting you, you know?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Juls »

Yeah the dead QT was pretty split too. Congrats Scum.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Seraphim »

Generic PMs:

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Voice(Passive)
– You are allowed to speak in-thread during the day without any limitations.
Vote(Passive)
– You have one vote. During the day, you may put this vote on a player to see them lynched.
Box(Active)
– You may use any boxes you possess at any time, granting you whatever powers it contains. This will consume the box. So long as you have a box, you may participate in all trading activities. You are able to consume up to two boxes over the course of the game. You start the game with one box.

Win Condition(Town):
You win when only players with the Town Win Condition are alive.

Please confirm by PM.

You are a
Mafia Goon

Abilities:

Voice(Passive)
– You are allowed to speak in-thread during the day without any limitations.
Vote(Passive)
– You have one vote. During the day, you may put this vote on a player to see them lynched.
Box(Active)
– You may use any boxes you possess at any time, granting you whatever powers it contains. This will consume the box. So long as you have a box, you may participate in all trading activities. You are able to consume up to two boxes over the course of the game. You start the game with one box.
Mafia Faction(Information/Faction)
– The members of the Mafia are ReaperCharlie, kondi2424, SpyreX, jmj3000, and xvart.
Mafia Communication(Passive/Faction)
– You may speak with your fellow Mafia members in the following quicktopic at any time: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/SkNjfGfYL57L
Mafia Kill(Active/Faction)
– You and your fellow Mafia members may send one of your members to kill another player each night. Barring external influences, that player will die. Your kill flavor is “exploded”.

Win Condition(Mafia):
You win when players with the Mafia Win Condition make up a majority of the voting power and nothing can prevent this from happening.

Please confirm by PM.

generic PMCongratulations! You have received the
XXXXXXX
Box!

This box is Level
X
XXXXX
Box. You may open this box at any time, or you may trade this box as per the rules outlined in the opening posts. Remember, you may only open two total boxes throughout the course of the game.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

Box PM Short List:
Echoes of Fate/Mystery Box/Level 1 (Minor Post Restriction – forces opener to speak in caps lock)
Poetic Justice Box/Mystery Box/Level 2 (Minor Post Restriction – forces opener to speak in Haiku)
Look Ma Box/Mystery Box/Level 3 (Debilitating Post Restriction – forces opener to speak without vowels)

Echo Echo Box/Information Box/Level 2 – (Learn all the players held this box before you did)
Typecast Box/Information Box/Level 3 – (Learn that there are only three types of boxes in the game, Power, Information, and Mystery)
So Lonely Box/Information Box/Level 3 – (Learn the names of all players who have taken boxes from the shelf)
Change of Heart Box/Information Box/Level 2 – (Learn that there are boxes that can change alignment of players)
HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR Box/Information Box/Level 2 – (Learn that this game has no cult)
Knowledge is Power Box/Information Box/Level 1 – (copy and paste an random wikipedia article)
A Box Box/Information Box/Level 1 – (obtain a list of players not included in the game)
Abraham Lincoln Box/Information Box/Level 1 – (learn that that the Abraham Lincoln Box in not included in the game any longer)

Gift That Keeps On Giving Box/Power Box/Level 3 - (grants the opener a 2-Shot Vig)
Let's See Then Box/Power Box/Level 2 – (grants the opener a 1-Shot Box Scanner)
Dalek Box/Power Box/Level 2 – (grants the opener a 3-Shot Doctor)
Wait for It Box/Power Box/Level 2 – (grants the opener a 2-Shot Roleblocker)
Can't We Be Friends Box/Power Box/Level 3 – (grants the opener a 2-Shot Dayborizer, giving the Daybor free daytalk with the opener)
Filmography Box/Power Box/Level 2 – (grants the opener a 3-Shot Framer)
Now You See It....Box/Power Box/Level 3 – (grants the opener a 2-Shot Janitor)
Billy Joel Box/Level 2 – (grants the opener an Unlimited Weak Vig (kills only work on Town))
Full Body Search Box/Power Box/Level 1 – (grants the opener 2-Shot Box Investigator (finds out if target player has a box))
Ten Years Time Box/Power Box/Level 2 – (grants the opener a 1-Shot Census Taker (discovers the number of town and scum players alive in the game)
Who Da Man Box/Power Box/Level 1 – (grants the opener a 1-Shot Cult Cop)
Firetruck Box/Power Box/Level 1 – (grants the opener a 1-shot Serial Killer Cop)

Double Down Box/Mystery Box/Level 1 - (grants the user with another box,
Double Double Down Box/Mystery Box/Level 3 inside it (with the choice between a two-shot Double Day or a one-shot Double Night inside))
Aces High or Low Box/Mystery Box/Level 3 - (Jester-change box, player given the choice to switch to the Jester alignment)
Crawling Box/Mystery Box/Level 2 - (forces opener to die at the end of the Day/Night, depending on when box is opened, with kill flavor “killed himself”.)
Hammer Tiem Box/Mystery Box/Level 2 - (next lynch will instead reveal "lynchee"'s alignment, day is reset)
Rawr Box/Mystery Box/Level 3 – (SK-change box, player given the choice to switch to SK alignment and gains an NK, does nothing for Mafia)
Around the World Box/Mystery Box/Level 3 - (Every modular ability gained from boxes opened Today will be blocked Tonight. Boxes opened after this one Today will not do anything until the beginning of the next Day)
Pray at the Cross Box/Mystery Box/Level 1 – (protects the user from being culted, does nothing for cult)

Box PMs:

Echoes of Fate
You open the box and you peer inside...

As you open the box, a red mist suddenly sprays into your nasal passages! You begin to cough and sputter. As you reach for tissues for your inflamed sinuses, a dull haze settles over your mind. You suddenly become filled with anger. Rage dulls all other thought processes in your mind. Your voice must be heard!

You have gained a new ability:

Raging Voice(Passive)
– Whenever you speak in thread, including votes, you must do so in all capital letters. This ability supersedes the “Voice” passive ability. Failure to comply with this post restriction will result in a warning, followed by a modkill.

Poetic Justice

Inside, a small book of poems rests peacefully. You reach inside the box and pull them out and begin to read. It's quite a collection that ranges across a wide spectrum of literature, but what really pulls you in is the section of haikus. For some strange reason, the traditional Japanese alternating meter just really intrigues you. You decide to start writing your own haikus...in fact, why not make all of your speech in haiku?

Voice in Haiku(Passive)
– Whenever you speak in thread, you must do so in stanzas of haiku. Haiku are poems in the form of five syllables in the first line, seven syllables in the second line, and five syllables once again in the final line. Votes are not counted in this post restriction. This ability supersedes your “Voice” passive ability. Failure to comply with this post restriction will result in a warning, followed by a modkill.

Look Ma

A green gas suddenly spurts into your nose and mouth. As hard as you try to not breath, you eventually find yourself sucking in large gulps of the tainted air. You feel something moving around in your throat that sits quite firmly inside of it. As you try to speak, you realize something terrible: you are incapable of making vowel sounds!

Vowel-less Voice(Passive)
– Whenever you speak in thread, you must do so without any vowels whatsoever. 'Y' may still be used so long as it is used as a consonant. Votes are counted in this post restriction. This ability supersedes your “Voice” passive ability. Failure to comply with this post restriction will result in a warning, followed by a modkill.

Echo Echo

You discover what initially appears to be some sort of tracking device. Names and dates descend at a steady rate in a dull, green blur. You slowly pull it out and analyze it carefully. It seems to be of some sort of unknown make, possibly Asian given the symbols lining the side. Suddenly, the screen lights up with a burst of green light that initially blinds you. Suddenly, names you recognize begin to fill up the screen and you begin to realize exactly what it is you have discovered...

You have gained information!
The following people have had the box previous to you:
XXXXXXX
YYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZ
etc etc etc

Typecast

Inside appear to be several assorted documents, all written out in blocky typewriter text; unfortunately, a large amount of the information present has been blacked out or “redacted”. There seems to be nothing of use that hasn't been removed. A more in-depth analysis proves fruitless, until you reach the third-to-last page, where you discover some critical information...

You know there are three types of boxes in the game.

Power Boxes

Information Boxes

Mystery Boxes

There are no other types of boxes in the game.

So Lonely

A large heading entitled “RECENT TRANSACTIONS” adorns the front cover of a massive manila folder that you have just uncovered. You slowly lift it out of the box and begin to page through it. Most of the information is, unfortunately, useless, and seems to deal mainly with literal business transactions between companies you've, frankly, never heard of. That is, until you discover a sheet of paper entitled SPARE BOX COMPACITATOR...

The following people have all taken boxes from the shelf:

XXXXXX
YYYYYY
ZZZZZZZ
etc
etc
etc

Change of Heart

Inside is a single sheet of paper. It appears to be a printed copy of some sort of fax, by a guy you've never heard of before named “Mr. Tracey”. Alright. The letter is mostly an amicable greeting and discussion of terms until you encounter the following phrase: “I'm sure some of them can be bought to certain...other motivations with the proper encouragement. All it would take would be the right items in the right hands, per say.”

You know now that there are boxes that have the potential to change the alignment of players.

HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR

Inside is a single sheet of paper. It appears to be a printed copy of some sort of fax, by a guy you've never heard of before named “Mr. Asche”. Alright. The letter is mostly the continuation of some conversation for which you have no context until you encounter the following phrase: “It seems like such a shame that none of them can be bought...some of their minds could be useful. Such, I fear, is the nature of the beast.”

You know now that there are no recruitment mechanics in play in this game.

Knowledge is Power

Inside is a sheaf of papers loosely wrapped with string. They appear to have been mistreated as there is several crinkly corners and what appears to be a coffee ring lining the middle. You gingerly pull it out of its box and begin to read.

You have received the content of the following article: yyyyy

A Box Box

Inside you discover a few scraps of paper scattered around the bottom of the box. You reach into the box and grab one of the offending scraps and discover that it has a name written on it. A similar investigation reveals similar results: all of the scraps have names on them. But do they mean anything?I mean, the names are only vaguely familiar.

You know the following people are not players in any way, shape, or form:

Seraphim
xRECKONERx
Vi
Faraday
Meme
mith

Abraham Lincoln Box

Inside is a miniature statue of Abraham Lincoln. You carefully grab it out of its container, wary of any potential traps or silliness that may occur, most notably explosions. Nothing happens. After this relative inaction, you begin to poke and prod the statue, grabbing its plastic exterior and feeling it down for any possible secret switches or buttons or ANYTHING, really. You get nothing. This statue pretty much does nothing.

You know now that the Abraham Lincoln box, which you just opened, did absolutely nothing!

Gift That Keeps On Giving

Inside is what appears to be a six-shot .357 Colt revolver, glimmering slightly in the pale office light. It appears, at first glance, harmless, or at least as harmless as a gun can possibly be. You put down the now-empty box and examine the hefty firearm. You cock it, uncock it, and open the ammo carrier. There appears to be two bullets left...and there's no way you're going to be able to go and buy more ammo. Best to make the most of what you have.

Bang Bang(Active)
– At night, you may choose one player to target. Barring any external influences, that targeted player will die. You may use this ability twice over the course of the game. Your kill flavor is “shot in the head”.

Let's See Then

As you open the box, you discover what appears to be some sort of barcode scanner, wrapped in cellophane and complimented by a large manual. You hurriedly unwrap it and discover a power switch on a massive console. The screen flickers to life, but before the company logo can appear, a warning sign flashes bright and red on the screen: “WARNING WARNING BATTERY LOW!” You quickly shut it off and decide to examine the manual to figure out exactly what this “XTRAY-7600 XD” can do.

Box Scanner(Active)
– At night, you choose one player to target. If that player has a box, you will learn what in contained within that box, barring any external influences. If you are roleblocked or the player targeted has no box, you will receive a “no result” result. You may not use this ability on yourself. You may use this ability once over the course of the game.

Dalek

Inside the box is what appears to be some sort of strange green packet of primordial goo. It almost looks like hair gel, but it is much less viscous. It sloshes around in its plastic bag. You slowly pick the bag up, careful not to puncture it, and some amount of tubing dangling from the bottom, along with a small instruction booklet hanging from the bottom. It reads “RAZAR CORP PRESENTS: Do-It-Yourself-Nanobot-Instant-Health-Kit” in large letters at the front. You set yourself down on the ground and begin to read.

Nanobot Lazarus(Active)
– At night, you may choose one player to target. That player will be protected from all kills that occur that night, barring any external influences. You may use this ability three times over the course of the game.

Wait for It
You discover two small pills, gel capsules with liquid sloshing about on their insides. At first, you are completely unsure as their exact use until you discover writing on a small slip of paper carefully hidden in the box's inner structure. It reads: “These are sleeping pills. You should know what to do with these. Signed, Mr. Asche.” You frown. Mr. Asche? Who is Mr. Asche, exactly? He certainly doesn't work here. Oh well. You can certainly make use this.

Sleep Baby Sleep(Active)
– At night, you may choose one player to target. That player will unable to perform any actions that night, barring any external influences. You may use this ability twice over the course of the game.

Can't We Be Friends

Two sets of walkie talkies are present. They look fairly new and rather high tech, looking approximately like cell phones but your technological adeptness allows you to see the difference. For the first part, no apps, or any sort of extra technology except for a call and a receive button. You could see this being possibly useful in the future...

Friendly Conversation(Active)
– At night, you may choose one player to target. You will be able to converse with that player for the rest of the game at any time through the use of a quicktopic I will create, barring any external circumstances. You may use this ability twice over the course of the game.

Can't We be Friends Success Flavor
You sit, eagerly, hoping that your intended target will pick up the phone. All of a sudden, the walkie-talkie begins to vibrate in your hand. You excitedly bring it up to speak and are met with a quiet “Hello?” on the other hand.

You have been contacted by XXXXXX! You may now speak at any time using the following quicktopic: @$#@#$@#@#$@$#

You have X shots remaining.

Can't We Be Friends Failure Flavor
You sit, eagerly, hoping that your intended target will pick up the phone. However, the night passes, and your ringing meets with no reply. Looks like they didn't get the phone after all.

Your action has failed. You have X shots remaining.

Can't We Be Friends Recipient Flavor
As you lay cramped in your small office cubicle, mulling the events from the previous day and trying to sleep, a sharp vibration near your makeshift “pillow” suddenly jolts you awake. Expecting the worst, you jump away from the pillow. After a few seconds and there is a lack of death, most notably yours, you cautiously approach the vibrating device. As you look closer, you realize it's some sort of cell phone-type device. You pick it up, press the “talk” button, and speak into the receiver.

“Hello?”

XXXXX has contacted you! You may now speak at any time using the following quicktopic: @$#@#$@#@#$@$#

Filmography

Inside you discover what appears to be several guns, large quantities of fake blood, and a fingerprinting set. A large label has been set on the inside of the box, reading 'Fake Murder Kit'. A better description is inside a battered instruction manual: “Want to make it look like your friends committed a murder you yourself did? This kit has it all! A great practical joke! Fool the police long enough for you to leave the country!” Hmmm...this could either be really useful or really damning...good thing it ended up with you.

Just Gonna Fake It(Active)
– At night, you may choose one player. That player will appear guilty to all investigations performed on him that night, barring any external influences. You may use this ability three times over the course of the game.

Now You See It....

Inside you discover several seemingly unrelated items. A bottle of unmarked fluids. A scrubber. A cleaning cloth. A few pairs of disposable gloves. You open the fluid bottle, sniff it, and smell something strongly of bleach. Hmmm. You could think of several uses for this equipment but only one comes to mind: disposing of bodies.

Whitewasher(Active)
– At night, whenever you make a kill, you may choose to use this ability in conjunction. Whenever you make a kill, you may hide the alignment and role of the player you have killed. When you are killed, all the hidden players will be revealed. You may use this ability twice over the course of the game. If your kill is blocked, it counts as a lost shot.

Billy Joel

At first, you discover what appears to be a normal, everyday gun-type object. However, the model and make look a little...too slender? Too silver? It looks like no gun you've ever seen before. There is a short note written in an unfamiliar scrawl:

“To whoever finds this: this is one of the triggers for the boxes. Just point and shoot and BOOM! The problem is that it only works on innocents...guess they don't have their own boxes loaded. Good luck.”

Nooo Dont Shoot(Active)
– At night, you may choose one player to target. Barring any external influences, that targeted player will die. However, this kill will only work on players with the Town alignment.

Full Body Search

What a pleasant surprise! Someone has conveniently left a Razar Corp brand X-Ray Camera Xtreme DX350! Sure, there are only two shots left on it(if that's what the blinking two is supposed to mean), but this could be really helpful to, uh, do things. Like...taking...X-Ray Photos?

See it Now(Active)
– At night, you may choose one player to target. Barring any external influences, you will learn whether or not that player is in possession of any boxes at the end of the night phases. You may use this ability twice over the course of the game.

Ten Years Time

A strange little digital tablet rests with a bunch of packing peanuts. The screen is rather old-fashioned and green, with brighter green text. It reads:

“ReadY to CoUnt? Y/N?”

Count Two by Two(Active)
– At night, you may choose to use this ability. Barring any external influences, you will learn the total number of factions present in the game and the total number of players in each of them. You may use this ability once.

Who Da Man

Inside is a copy of Razor Corp Magazine(all the latest in our latest!) with a large garish picture of some cloaked figure with a wet and extended tongue. The headline reads “All the Latest to Detect the Insidious Cultish Individuals In Your Own Life Possibly!” Could this come in handy? It's certainly possible...

Hood or Not(Active)
– At night, you may choose one player to target. Barring any external influences, you will learn whether or not that player is Cult-aligned. You may use this ability once during the course of the game.

Firetruck

Inside is what appears to be a type-written essay, written in size 12, Times New Roman font. The title of said essay appears to be “Serial Killers: A History of Psychopaths and Tests To See If, In Fact, You Know Any”. The essay is about two or three pages long, not heavy reading at all in fact. Might as well check it out

FBCIACCC(Active)
– At night, you may choose one player to target. Barring any external influences, you will learn whether or not that player has a Serial Killer alignment. You may use this ability once during the course of the game.

Double Down

Inside is...another box?

Double Double Down

Now this is pretty shady looking. Inside is another box, perfectly black with absolutely no way to easily open it. It is perfectly featureless, with the exception of two rounds holes on the side. One is marked with a moon, the other with a sun. There also appears to be some sort of stylus rolling around in the box somewhere. On the inside of the box is written: “TIME IS NEVER LOST ONLY FORGOTTEN”. Okay...

You have gained new abilities:

Time is Never Lost(Active)
– At any time during the game, you may PM the mod or post the following bolded phrase: “Time is never lost”. The following night phase will be skipped as if it had never happened. You may use this ability twice over the course of the game. Use of this ability will remove the ability “Only Forgotten” from the game.

Only Forgotten(Active)
– At any time during the game, you may PM the mod or post the following bolded phrase: “Only forgotten”. The following day phase will be skipped as if it had never happened. You may use this ability once over the course of the game. Use of this ability will remove the ability “Time is Never Lost” from the game.

Aces High or Low
You open the box and peer inside...

Inside is a small bottle of pills. Actually, pill would be more accurate because there's only one, singular pill inside. The side of the bottle reveals quite handily what exactly it is that you hold in your hand: it appears to be a pill capable of faking death. It severely lowers pulse, blood pressure, and makes it appear that the user is dead. A plan begins to hatch in your mind...if you could get yourself lynched and killed, they would cut you down and get you out of the building! With no one the wiser! You would be betraying everyone but...you would live, right?

Playing the Fool(Passive)
– At any time during the game, you may choose to have your win condition changed to “Win Condition(Jester): You win when you are lynched.” You may use this ability once over the course of the game. This ability cannot be roleblocked or reversed.

MOD NOTE: Mafia opening this box will receive the “failed box” PM instead, located further down.

Crawling

Inside is a gun, pointed up directly at you. You search the rest of th-

BANG

There is a brief flash of pai-

BANG

You have been killed. Processing...

Hammer Tiem

You are met with a monstrosity. The complicated array of wires and knobs in front of you does not inspire confidence. You pick it up, noting the absolute lack of any sort of user-friendly components to give you some sort of clue as to what this strange device is. You feel your hopes fading that you'll discover what this is supposed to do. That is, until you pick it up, you discover that someone has in fact left instructions with you. “PRESS THE BLACK BUTTON TO CORRECT MISTAKES.”

That's quite an audacious claim, isn't it?

Whack-a-Mole(Active)
– At any time, you may use this ability. The next lynch to resolve will not lynch its intended target. Instead, the presumed lynchee's alignment will be revealed and the lynch count will be reset. The deadline will, however, not be reset.

Rawr

Inside seems to be...some sort of weapon? A knife, actually. Now here's something you could use. Maybe to pry open some windows? Or perhaps finally get the printer room open? Or maybe...

Suddenly, you have an evil thought. In fact, the knife seems to be speaking it to you in deep melodious tones. “Kill them...kill them all!”

Hannibal Lector(Passive)
– At any time during the game, you may choose to have your win condition changed to “Win Condition(Serial Killer) – You win when all players are dead besides yourself and nothing can prevent this from happening.” You will also gain a new ability that gives you a kill.You may use this ability once over the course of the game. This ability cannot be roleblocked or reversed.

MOD NOTE: Mafia opening this box will receive the “failed box” PM instead, located further down.

Around the World

It looks like a console...almost a gameboy or something similar. Except, on this gameboy there is one button, placed very obviously on the right side. And on the screen, there is only one sentence, flashing over and over...”TEMPORARY BOX CLOSURE INITIATED...PLEASE CONFIRM COURSE Y/N?”

What could this screen device be talking about? Box closure...who initiated in the first place? And who in the world put you change of deciding when this box closure was going to go off?

Global Panic(Active)
– Any time during the day, you may use this ability. All modular active abilities gained through boxes tonight are blocked. All boxes opened past this point will be blocked from opening until the next day phase. This ability supersedes all other abilities.

Pray at the Cross

Inside is a copy of Razor Corp Magazine(all the latest in our latest!) with a large garish picture of some cloaked figure with a wet and extended tongue. The headline reads “All the Latest to Prevent Your Indoctrination By Insidious Cultish Individuals In Your Own Life Possibly!” Could this come in handy? It's certainly possible...

Tinfoil Hat Theory(Passive)
– You cannot be recruited by the cult. All attempts to recruit you will fail.

failed box

There is nothing! You have been hoodwinked! Fooled! Completely and totally! There is nothing in here! What a hack. You throw the box to the ground in disgust.

You have gained no new abilities. This still counts as one of your two boxes.

box blocked
For some strange reason, you cannot open your box!

You pry and squeeze, but it stubbornly refuses to budge. You eventually give up and resolve to try again later...after all, they wouldn't give you a box that can't open. Would they...?

You have somehow been blocked from opening your box! You will open as soon as you are no longer blocked.
Last edited by Seraphim on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:22 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

BTW, GG all. Thanks Seraphim, I'm sorry there was so much that went awry with this game. But it was fun. :)
Show

:

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Seraphim »

ACTIONS:
Day 1
Lady Lambdadelta opens her box and becomes
Post-Restricted
Town
Poet

hohum opens his box and becomes
Town
2-Shot Janitor

MagnaofIllusion opens his box and becomes
Town
2-Shot Dayborizer

Juls opens her box and becomes
Town
Corrupt Vigilante

CSL opens his box and does not change role names(yet).
YamiChan opens her box and does not change role names(yet).
danakillsu opens his box and becomes
Town
Three-Shot Doctor

LobsterCatapult opens his box and does not change role names.
SpyreX opens his box and becomes
Mafia
Two-Shot Vigilante

Primate opens his box and becomes
Town
Three-Shot Framer

Sathoris opens his box and becomes
Post-Restricted
Town
Vowel-less Speaker

Mastermind of Sin opens his box and gains information!
Hoopla opens her box and becomes
Town
One-Shot Cult Cop

Rikana opens his box and becomes
Cultproof
Town

inHimshallibe opens his box and gains info!
CSL becomes a Jester!
CooLDoG offers to trade with kondi2424 privately(declined).
ReaperCharlie opens his box and becomes a
Mafia
One-Shot Box Scanner

DeathNote opens his box and becomes a
Town
One-Shot Global Modular Roleblocker

Neruz trades his box for a box on the shelf(1 trade).
bvoigt opens his box and gains information!
Neruz opens his his box and gains information!

Night 1
Neruz took a box from the shelf
Lady Lambdadelta took a box from the shelf
Primate took a box from the shelf
hohum took a box from the shelf
YamiChan takes a box from the shelf.
danakillsu protects YamiChan(2 shots left)
MagnaofIllusion dayborizes SpyreX(1 shot left)
Toon Fighter opens his box and gets another box
Toon Fighter opens his box and becomes a
Town
Time-Manipulator

Lady Lambdadelta opens a box and is killed
YamiChan opens a box and gains information
Hoopla investigates Primate(no cult result)
SpyreX shoots Hoopla(one shot left)
xvart opens his box and becomes a
Mafia
One-Shot FBI Agent

Kublai Khan becomes a Serial Killer!
Kublai Khan shoots Mastermind of Sin
CooLDoG offers to trade with Primate(declined)
CooLDoG offers to trade with Hoopla(accepted)
xvart kills bvoigt
Junox kills Toon Fighter

Day 2
hohum opens his box and becomes
Post-Restricted
Town
Raging 2-Shot Janitor

Neruz opens his box and becomes
Town
One-Shot Census Taker

CooLDoG offers to trade with Rikana(trade accepted)

Night 2
Neruz uses Census Taker (no result)
Kublai Khan kills Lobster Catapult (blocked)
MagnaofIllusion dayborizes Neruz(no shots left) (no result)
Junox kills Neruz (blocked)
danakillsu protects ReaperCharlie (one - shot left) (blocked)
DeathNote uses Around the World
SpyreX kills DeityKabuto(no shots left) (blocked)
jmj3000 kills Kublai Khan

Day 3
Nothing

Night 3
danakillsu protects Junox (no shots left)
Empking kills Primate
Junox shoots DeityKabuto

Day 4
Gammagooey opens a box and becomes
Mafia
Two-Shot Roleblocker

Night 4
Junox kills DeathNote
Gammagooey kills CooLDoG

Day 5
Nothing

Night 5
Gammagooey roleblocks Junox (one shot left)
SpyreX kills MoI
Junox kills SpyreX(blocked)

Day 6
Nothing

Night 6
Gammagooey kills Junox
Junox kills LobsterCatapult

Day 7
Nothing

Night 7
No action taken

Day 8
No action taken

Night 8
No action taken

Day 9
No action taken

Night 9
Gammagooey kills Neruz

Day 10
No action taken
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:33 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

This was very fun to read along. Congrats scum. I was convinced it was dana :/
To be clear: quack
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Rhinox »

aaaaaggghhh gamma I knew it was you I had the feeling the day night before we died that you were playing just like you were in [that one game we were scum together and I died early but you went on to win for our team].

PS seraph just looking at that list of roles and night actions gives me nightmares good job keeping it all together!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Seraphim »

So a couple of thoughts.

First of all, let's get the nasty stuff out of the way first. I doubt ReaperCharlie will ever come back to the site to explain what the hell he was doing editing posts, what he edited, or why he thought it was a good idea. Oh well. hohum, on the other hand, will not be allowed in any game of mine again for his blatant disrespecting of the rules and his post restriction. His post restriction wasn't even that bad honestly.
Speaking of post restrictions, that's the last time I use them, or at least stupid ones like the vowel-less one. The haiku was okay and the all-caps one wasn't too bad. My experimentation with Jesters, or at least straight jesters, is at a close as well.

Town MVP probably goes to Junox, the Town-Killing vig came very close to winning the game out of hand for town. It's very obvious that scum should have killed the hydra a long time ago before SpyreX got lynched.

Scum MVP is a tie between Gamma and SpyreX who played fantastic games.

I expected people to not open boxes so quickly and try to jock for position of better boxes. This obviously did not happen. The first few days were nightmares but after about Night 4 or 5, town and scum were practically out of power roles. Boxes were gone within two days. It was quite ludicrous.

I will try my hardest to answer any questions people may have about the setup.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:42 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

My decision came down between: Gamma and SpyreX talking about each other OR dana looking poor all game.

Again, gg guys, enjoyed the craziness at the beginning and the game after that. :)
Show

:

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:59 am

Post by bvoigt »

Good game, all. Hope you enjoyed my 5 posts.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Primate »

Night 1
Neruz took a box from the shelf
Lady Lambdadelta took a box from the shelf
Primate took a box from the shelf
hohum took a box from the shelf
YamiChan takes a box from the shelf.
Nope. I sent in a PM asking for one but never actually recieved a PM saying I'd got one.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 1689, Seraphim wrote:First of all, let's get the nasty stuff out of the way first. I doubt ReaperCharlie will ever come back to the site to explain what the hell he was doing editing posts, what he edited, or why he thought it was a good idea. Oh well.
I can't tell you how pissed I was at RC for faking that stupid restriction, and then for getting modkilled. Me getting lynched gave him some pretty solid town cred (I think) and he blew it. And the fact that he said he was going to replace out anyway at the beginning of D2 made me even more mad.

I didn't really follow along after I was lynched and frankly I didn't even know that anyone on my team was still alive (I missed that gamma replaced someone on my team) so way to go gamma. I was thinking there was a serial killer since I got a box that checked to see if someone was a serial killer.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

There was an SK - we killed him. :)

Well played GG and inHim no fault there. That would have been a tough LYLO.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Called it!

Booyah. I win in my mind.

Great job to Seraphim. Some of the players really ruined this game in the beginning, but that doesn't mean you didn't do a good job.

Your PRs weren't
that
bad.

It was just a matter of thinking a little and finding a way to get your communication across. When I was told that you were considering modkilling that slot because of a PR, I jumped in. No reason why a perfectly good town slot should be modkilled because somebody couldn't handle a little obstacle. I got by just fine. I accidentally broke it for a sentence. Then I broke it again when telling somebody else I had been warned. Which was a super stupid mistake.

Ah well. I called Gamma being scum in the QT. Even added a for the record on it.

GG all.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Sigh, the mechanics in this game were kinda bad. That's all I'm gonna say.
Permanent V/LA.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I think the underlying mechanics were interesting but the execution was...less than stellar on my part. I probably should have made more boxes, even if they were empty, in the queue or come up with a different method of distribution because that easily the weakest mechanic in the game.

I also want to give a massive shoutout to my co-mod, kunkstar7, and my back-up mod, xRECKx. Thanks for helping me run this one, guys.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”