Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:36 pm

Post by Corsato »

omg, it's been a while since I played this game, but yet it feels strangly familiair.
I seem to miss out on all the insight jokes though :-(
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:32 am

Post by Corsato »

Thanks, I feel warm inside :-)

I'm doing great, just didn't have enough time to play mafia. (and I got a little bored). You have to thank Phoebus for his poking.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:41 am

Post by Corsato »

I think 3 is a bit too much at this stage, you aren't trying to rush to a lynch I hope?? Because that would like really scummy to me.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:35 am

Post by Corsato »

Pooky wrote:The whole random voting and footschuffling around for the first 2 pages of a game never made any sense to me.
It doesn't make sense to me either....of course the first pages are needed to start te game.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Corsato »

And in any case, Day 1 CAN be useful...we shouldn't just treat it as expendable...
I was just referring to the random votes you usually see at dat 1.

oh, and
vote: Lostprophet
, because I can as well :P
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:41 pm

Post by Corsato »

I think ibaesha's vote is the most suspicious of the four, because she voted without giving any reason. And that's strange, even on day one.
ibaesha wrote: PBug, you're looking kinda scummy with the whole Vote 1 person and FOS two others over a bandwagon. We need a bandwagon and a bandwagon with a reason is better than a bandwagon without one.
I agree with you, that's why I find it strange that you vote without giving any reason.
Fritzler wrote: what would you rather have hapen if there was no bandwagon?
a day kill?
I'm not sure what you mean with this, can you explain??
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:01 am

Post by Corsato »

ibaesha wrote: However, I did give a reason later. Did you miss that?
Nope, didn't miss it, that's the reason I'm not voting for you.
Lostprophet wrote: I'm confused by your actions, Corsato. You seem to be questioning the wagon/Day 1 tactics, yet you neglected to remove your random vote, keeping me comfortably in the yellow. Oversight? Devil's advocacy?
Why are you confused? My vote was random and it still is. I don't mind a bit of discussion, and I don't people starting it. What I do mind is blind bandwagonning and votes without reason or giving any form of explanation.

unvote: Lostprophet
, as it was only a random vote and I do not want him lynched.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:18 pm

Post by Corsato »

ibaesha wrote: Why don't you want him lynched? Who do you want to lynch?
At the moment, I do not prefer anyone. But that will change.
ibaesha wrote: Why specifically would he not want to lynch LostProphet? He didn't say he wasn't ready for a lynch yet. He said he didn't want to lynch LP. Why?
I do not want to specifically not lynch Lostprophet. Just as much as I do not want to specifically lynch PBug, or Pooky. At the moment I do not have a "favourite" candidate for lynching. It's just too early to tell, and I do not want to lynch someone "because it's day 1 and we have to do something". If we don't learn something from today we'll face the same problems tomorrow.

But with you jumping to conclusions on my posts (to say the least), you are getting in the nr 1 spot really fast.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:21 pm

Post by Corsato »

You go to sleep at night and when you wake up someone is almost lynched.
I agree with Pooky (and the rest), testing his ability is good, better then lynching a random player anyways.
Since Pbug's vote for himself doesn't count because he didn't unvote, I'll cast the last vote on him.
Vote: Pbug
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:14 am

Post by Corsato »

I'll assume you will start contributing now. I have to admit that I was planning on voting for you because of your silence, because silent players are not in the town's interest.

I agree with your comments. Seeing the amount of violence in the deathscene points in the directon of 2 killers targetting the same target. We can also assume we have a vigilante, otherwise vikingfan's roll would be useless.

If you look at the nightscene of day 1, two people where knifed, but vikingfan was knifed and shot. I'm not sure what to think of that.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:49 am

Post by Corsato »

Not necessarily, but if I have to choose between a knife and a gun to be the vig's weapon of choice, I'd choose a gun. But I don't think any conclusions can be drawn from the nightscenes, because it all might be just flavour.

And I agree with Adele, 2 groups of mafia would mean at least 4 scum, which seems a bit too much for a mini.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:29 pm

Post by Corsato »

So that's 3 votes already. We might want to give him a chance to defend himself.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:33 pm

Post by Corsato »

Will Fritz be replaced if he doesn't responds?
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:24 am

Post by Corsato »

That's not really a defense isn't it. And my question was directed to the mod and not to you :P
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:41 pm

Post by Corsato »

I'm not buying Fritz' roleclaim, he has to do more to convince me. One thing I find particularly odd is the fact that he failed to give us his name. EVERY role has a name, and though we might not draw any conclusions from the names, it still is strange he failed to mention his. As if his name would be evidence against him.

If he is telling the truth, we still don't know his sanity. Allthough with 2 innocents he would likely be sane, he still can be insane or naive (paranoid is not possible).
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:22 pm

Post by Corsato »

That could be, but I still think it's strange.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:22 am

Post by Corsato »

Vote: fritzler
, for obvious reasons.

But Lostprophet, you better be sure of this, because there will be no Lepton's gambit.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:59 am

Post by Corsato »

Pooky wrote: *taps his foot as he waits for CorsatoSK to show up and explain*
I wish I had a perfectly good explanation, but I haven't . There's nothing in my role description that's even hinting towards a result like that. I wish I could be more helpfull in

What I can tell you is my actual role. I am Samuel, PI. Every night I can investigate a murder, and I find out who did it (it's a murder from the previous night). Unfortunately I'm only getting ingame names (Samuel, Kent, Sara etc.) so I think there is someone who can link playernames to gamenames, otherwise my role would be pretty useless. I could reveal my results, but that's not really usefull if we can not link that to playernames.
Lostprophet wrote:That's a lie. In lynch or lose (I'm pretty sure), we just need to out with it and go from there.
Agreed. If we don't lynch scum today, and the scum and SK (I'm sure everyone agrees that we have a SK and not 2 maffia families) do not kill eachothr tonight, we will have lost tomorrow. Then it's either scum or SK that wins.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:44 am

Post by Corsato »

I wish there was something I could do to prove my role. Maybe my role was intended to be useless (well, almost useless). I tried to get Fritz' ingame name yesterday, as it's the only for me to make my role usefull. Before I could get an answer Lostprophet came out as a cop and Fritzler was lynched.

I will share my results, though they are useless atm.
N2 I checked upon Kent's murder, because he probably was killed by a SK of some sort. Name I got was Mitchel.
N3 I checked upon Vikingfan's murder, giving me 3 names: Tyler, Lisa, Mitchel.

The only conclusions I can think of is Mitchel being the SK, Lisa the remaining scum and Tyler/Ibaesha the one who shot her victim. It all seems pretty logical, but is really useless, without someone to match them.
Adele wrote: Corsato's counterpart, who would make his role useful - the supposed rolename cop.
You shouldn't count me and my counterpart (if he exists) as 2 cops. We are not even worth one cop, seeing how we need eachothers results to actually pinpoint some scum. We both should investigate the same players, chances on that are small I think (and now I hope there isn't a mathfreak here who can actually proove that the chance to that is bigger then 50% :P). Leave alone the fact that if one of us dies the whole idea is over.
audacesiuvat wrote:Unless someone can come forward with a list of names to validate your claim, it's lynching time.
I'm really beginning to get suspicious of audacesiuvat, who manages to post without actually saying something. He's doing it this entire game, and it's typical behaviour for scum trying to avoid attention.

The only thing I have left to say for now is don't lynch me, I'm innocent. I know my roleclaim isn't really believable, but I decided to give you the cold facts instead of adding some flavour and making it more believable.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:24 pm

Post by Corsato »

Pooky wrote: Frankly it doesn't make any sense for his role to exist in the game, why would a PI be at a party for office employees before any murder had taken place?
Why would a Serial Killer be there? Why would he be on a private party? Why is the boss killed? Because of the people gettign fired? If so, how did the scumbags find that out? You should not look into these things so much, as it is usually just some 'flavour', a background setting of the game instead of actual information.
Adele wrote: lol; looking back, he said that he didn't know how lostprophet could have got this result at the same time as claiming a role that would inevitably give that result. How disingenuous.
I am hired by the boss, thus one of his employees. It would be logical for him to have some sort of record of me.

If you look at the game setup so far there are a lot of things unclear. E.g. six people have died and only one of them was a plain townie. I think there is some catch to this game, and you will find out soon. I can understand you are not trusting me, and I can only blame myself for not convincing you. (I can blame the mod for giving me a role like this though :P)
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:54 am

Post by Corsato »

Pooky wrote: Corsato, me and you both know that you're a fairly intelligent man.
Thank you. :D
Pooky wrote: With a role like that and the fact that the moderator had already told us that nameclaiming would be absolutely useless in the games rules, why did you not even hint or say a word about a mass-nameclaim?
Because I was trying to keep a low profile. I'd hate being killed n2 or something like that. I figured that my role could become more important in the endgame then in the beginning.
Pooky wrote: Then you'd have a real powerhouse of a role later. Instead you've chosen to play it passively so that you get absolutely little use at all. I can't see you doing so as a protown player and being truthful.
The fact that you would've played it differently doesn't make me evil. That's not an arguement you should use.
Pooky wrote: What murder did the boss hire you to investigate?
No idea, wasn't specified. I was just hired.
Pooky wrote: And lastly I would consider it incredible bastard-modding if the Mod did tell the players that names don't matter and name-claiming won't do anything in the first post when clearly it has very much to do with the game if your role exists as you claim it does.
What he means with that is the fact that names by itself don't mean anything. E.g. someone named 'Al' isn't evil because there once existed a man named Al Capone. He didn't say that the names are just flavour, he DID say that our role description might contain some hidden information.
And some mods are bastards. :P
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:21 am

Post by Corsato »

Pooky wrote: Why would you care about getting NKed if to not get this info would make your role useless?
Chances of me getting the info I want are slim. It did cross my mind to come out on day 1, but I decided it was better not to do so. Error in judgement? Could be, but that's really easy to say that now.
audacesiuvat wrote: We seem to be following a trend here:

1. LP finds bad guy.
2. Scum makes last ditch effort to throw suspicion onto me.
Maybe that's because you haven't said anything usefull in this entire time.
If you are not scum, then you certainly are not helping the town. In my experience, it's either scum or a newbie with a powerfull that displays this type of behaviour.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:26 am

Post by Corsato »

Chances were slim anyway.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:11 am

Post by Corsato »

Hez told us that there are 12 employees present...so how can I be from "another company". Wouldn't you or the others now?? That's just not good logic.

And Pooky, I do not know how I find out who did it, that's just information that's irrelevant to the game. And no, it wasn't added as flavour to my role description.

Anyway, you seem to have made up your mind. Good luck in finding the two remaining bad guys tomorrow.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #24) » Tue May 02, 2006 10:25 pm

Post by Corsato »

Thanks for the game everyone, and thanks for modding this one.

The investigation on me pretty much sealed my faith. I did have fun trying to convince you though. :D

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”