mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:53 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

First post!

Sucks that our nurse died, but whatcha gonna do?

Vote: Glork
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:34 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Glork not voting me = Very suspicious
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:50 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

SK? We only had one dismissal last night.... :?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:47 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Pointing out the obvious is a SK tell? Noted for future refrence.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:05 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hey, stop voting me you jerkholes.

All I said was that I don't see any reason for there to be an SK. There's no reason for me to. We only have one kill.
Gasp wrote: I somewhat agree with Mike in that I don't know how anyone would know if there's an SK in the game at this point, but I certainly wouldn't go so far as to rule out the possibility.
QFTW
I can see the faked tears of pain running down your face.
Mikeburnfire's initial reaction to the backup doc's death (post 6) is a common scum tell, but it could also be just a random town reaction as well. Plus, I haven't played in awhile, maybe the game has moved beyond such things. I suppose it's worth an FOS: mike, though.
I knew somebody would bring this up the moment I said it. For future refrence, *JUST BECAUSE I ACKNOWLEDGE HIS DEATH DOES NOT NEGATE NOR INFER MY ALLIANCE EITHER WAY*. Thank you.

Unvote, power-Vote: Tubovolver
because he's essentially admitted to being the SK, hands down.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:32 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Glork wrote:Wait... so earlier you questioned the existence of an SK, and now you're assuming that there is one and that it's Turbovolver?
You oversimplify. Check this..
Turbovolver wrote:
Vote: Turbovolver
because it's better to lynch the SK than the scum, I'd say.
It was said simply as a joke, right? No biggie. But then Raj says
rajrhcpfreak wrote:
vote turb

i would never kill elvis.
and killing the SK is better than killing scum.
People are taking about a Serial Killer like we it's mandatory to have one. I wonder why people are talking about it, and say
mikeburnfire wrote:SK? We only had one dismissal last night.... :?
to which you agree with me
Glork wrote:I was just about to ask the same thing.
Then this happens...
Turbovolver wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:SK? We only had one dismissal last night.... :?
OMG SK tell right here, amirite?

Yeah, only a small one. Beats nothing though.
Now, first of all I am very confused. I have no idea WHAT is being considered a 'SK tell', so I inquire in a sarcastic tone...
mikeburnfire wrote:Pointing out the obvious is a SK tell? Noted for future refrence.
Surely Turbo will tell me why I am wrong...
Turbo wrote:Casting doubt on there being an SK based on the night actions is, yes.
HERE. RIGHT HERE.I am being attacked for using logic. There was only one kill last night. Hence, I infir that there is only one killing group. Perhaps there is two, but there's no reason at the moment to believe that there is. Yet, Turbo is adamant in his stance. He seems to know for a fact that there is a Serial Killer on the loose and is doing anything in his power to nail me as one, or at least that's how it feels.

Now I have listened to the newer arguments. I suppose it's well within the bounds for a SK to forfeit his NK, but I really don't see the point to tell the truth. The goal of a SK is to be the last one alive, and you can't just be idle and hope the town and scum always miss you. Maybe that's how I see it. I admit I forfeited one kill as an SK in a scumchat game. It's entirely possible. Yet there is still no reason for me to start throwing theories about a SK around at the moment. Why not through around theories of a cult too? It's entirely possible to exist. People becoming dropouts or party schools, yes? My point is that we shouldn't start making up random theories unless there's some merit behind them. At the moment, a SK doens't exist to me. Maybe it'll be an issue we deal with later, but let's not divert our attention from the killing group we already know exists.
I choose to vote mikeburnfire because he based his vote on Turbovolver on the fact that he admitted to being an SK in another game and that the current kill No. would tie in with the way he would play SK
Wrong, wrong. You've missed the point entirely. Go reread.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #82 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:38 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

This is of course ignoring the fact that you've skipped an SK kill yourself.
Huh? I didn't ignore it, I pointed it out. I've been an SK more than once and I normally kill the first night. I'm just saying that, while possible, it's just as likely that we have no SK.
In my opinion, a good townie doesn't make assumptions like you have. Looking at the nightkills for information is a very dangerous game, because the scum/SK usually have more control over them.
Whatever. I have no reason to believe we have an SK at this point just as I have no reason to believe we have a cult, a traitor, a sympathizer, or any other foes. All I know is that we had one kill last night. That means that there is one killing group out there and that is who I will try to kill. I won't entertain the thought of
possible
enemies on the bullshit argument I can't prove they don't exist.

Pooky, I posted it because I don't give a damn. I'm sorry I didn't force myself to hop around a dead nurse and pretend he didn't exist and I hope you don't get an aneurism whenever I state the obvious.

So let's see all the points against me:
1) I'm not hyperventilating over a make-believe Serial Killer.
2) I'm 'crying a river' because 'it sux so much' that the nurse died.

Yeah, this is about it. I'm halfway to a lynch because I said 'It's too bad that we lost our nurse" and "There's no reason to believe we have an SK". You know what? Go ahead and vote me. That way when you've lost the game and are asking yourselves "Oh where did we go wrong" I'll be able to say "when you lynched me for making too much sense"

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:00 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Pre-emptive fishing for.... are you kidding me?
Sucks that our nurse died, but whatcha gonna do?
There's my post. Right there. I'm not 'fishing for sympathy', as you say, nor am I 'mentioning a nightkill to taunt the town to lynch me', as you say, nor am I 'crying a river cuz it sux so much'. I said it so offhandedly, so calously that it shouldn't be an issue. Yet here I am.

I'm so frustrated right now that I'm tempted to vote myself to escape the stupidity of it all, but that wouldn't be fair to the legitimate townsfolk. You know, the people who actually play the game instead of paraphrasing my words to make me look stupid.

unvote, vote: Pooky

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #113 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:10 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

*Ahem*

Screw all y'alls.

Nah, I've calmed down a bit. I still think the push for my lynch is stupid, but some valid points have been brought up.
Turbo wrote:You really should be at least willing to entertain thoughs of those other roles, MBF. I don't like what you said there but I'm getting the feeling this is degenerating into a war over semantics.
I won't rule out the possibility of a SK, but there's no reason to believe we have one for certain, especially when there is no evidence for such a person to exist at the moment.
Passdog wrote:If it makes you feel better MBF I'm not voting for you for either of the reasons you stated. I voting for you for being hypocritical.

Plus you are acting quite poorly letting go of your temper like that. It's a tactic I've seen scum use on a number of occasions and its worked (except for on me of course). Chuck a tanty, pretend to be frustrated town, cross your fingers that it'll work.
Sorry, I was legitimately miffed last night. I felt like I was being attacked for the stupidest reasons. How am I being hypocritical?
PJ wrote:MBF: Seems to be overreacting to something that started off as very small [...] I think Mike needs to take a chill pill
I've only been reacting to things that have been blown out of proportion.
Viking wrote:I'm not buying MBF at all for the moment, despite his responses. unvote vote mikeburnfire Let's see if a little pressure can up the quality...
'K.
Glork wrote:Based on the complete 180 of MBF's stance regarding whether there is an SK, I think it's quite reasonable to believe that he is an SK.
pablito wrote:But for being so inconsistent in his statements, Unvote, Vote: mikeburnfire
Ah, is this the same hypocracy you were talking about, Passdog? I think I get it now.

To put simply, I'm looking for suspicious behavior to find scum. People were talking about having an SK like it was a solid fact, so I questioned them about it. Then Turbo started saying that asking such a question was a SK tell (which doesn't even make any sense to me really). I didn't like the way Turbo seemed so confident we had a SK, so I voted him. I'm not sure if he's really a SK, but the way he seemed to push the existence of one didn't sit well with me.

I said things like "At the moment, a SK doens't exist to me", and it's easy to interpret this as hypocracy when I vote for Turbo because "he's a SK". They really are contradictory statements. But the bottom line is that I voted Turbo for being acting suspicious. He seemed to be deadset that we have a SK with no evidence to support it. Hence, my vote.
Fritz wrote:I agree that turbo is a likely SK. As such, our vig should probably take him out, as MBF is the play today.
I do not understand. If you agree that Turbo is likely to be a SK, then why am I the play for today? It feels like mindless bandwagoning to me, but maybe you have a real motive behind this?
Gaspode wrote:However, I think Mike is our best bet right now and should claim ASAP.
Hmmnnn.. nah. I don't think I'll claim just yet.
Twomz wrote:If we do decide to lynch MBF, i think we should get the vig to kill turbo too.
Whoa, whoa. First you're all speculation a SK, now you're speculating vigs? Although it's more likely to have a vig who didn't kill the first night than a SK. While we're speculating, what if there's a mafia-doctor type role? Wouldn't telling our alleged vig who to target be a bad idea then?

In fact, why are so many people supportive of killing me and then turbo? If you believe Turbo really is an SK, then there's scarcely any reason to be suspicious of me, but if you don't think he's SK then why would you vote him? Doesn't make any goshdarn sense.

I was considering unvoting Pooky because I made the statements last night in the heat of anger. But upon further review, I'll keep it there. A lot of my arguments from last night, while filled with spite and hatred, have good points mixed in. One of those is that Pooky kept rephrasing my first post to sound worse than it actually was and voted me for quite possibly the worst reason of all the ones on my wagon. And to add to that,
That's like saying WHETHER I ACT SCUMMILY HAS NO BEARING ON MY ALIGNMENT!!!
This is in regards to me making a post in which I mention our dead nurse. I know people like to believe it's a scum tell but I really don't fell that it is. I'm just acknowledging his death. I don't feel it's a scummy act at all. So it's another misrepresentation to say that I said "WHETHER I ACT SCUMMILY HAS NO BEARING ON MY ALIGNMENT" because it is nothing near what I was saying. Scummy actions imply scum. Non-chalant actions imply indifference.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #121 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:25 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

On what grounds?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:46 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I mean, for what reason are you voting me?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #125 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:53 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I challenge tou to give me solid evidence for why I'm scum, because so far all you have done is attack my playstyle and misinterpret things of no merit.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #129 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:21 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Pooky, you have nothing to be happy about. You have done nothing but irritate the situation by attacking me, just like everybody else, for reasons that were inane and hyperbolical. You attacked me with flawed reasoning. When it made me angry, you called me a liar, a beggar, and a crybaby. When I eventually calmed down, you attacked me for that too and called me a rhino.

Just because you can predict how I'm going to act doesn't mean you know jack squat about anything else. I assume you predicted that I would calm down and appologize for losing my cool? You're a regular Sherlock Holmes. It's not like I had any other options.

I thought my 'sucks that our nurse died' might stir the pot a bit, but I never thought I'd have to defend myself for it three times against the same person. If there's one thing I can agree with you on, it's that we need to follow any leads we can. To me, that lead is you.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #131 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:54 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I'm not attacking you for following you fictional lead on me, I'm attacking you for faulty arguments, insults, and constant misrepresention.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #133 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:02 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

You're just trying to provoke me now.

By the way, adding a smilie to every post is a minor scum tell as well.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #135 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:33 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Yah okhay.

My name is Migueles Rodriguez Sanchez Gonzales IV and my role is Serial Killer. Each night I have the ability to either kill somebody or drop my pants and run around naked. Since I already did the latter before the game started, I decided to kill somebody. Yesterday I went up to Elvis_Knits and punched him so hard he died because he owed me five bucks. Also, he called my mother a promiscuous French whore, when she is in fact definately more Dutch than French. However, upon closer inspection, I learned he was a medical school, which means that I had just punched a building with my bare fists. I suddenly realized that I had shattered my hand and started screaming in pain. I mean, it realy really hurt. To take my mind off the pain, I grabbed a knife and stabbed myself in the other hand. The pain cancelled each other out and I felt much better, so I just kinda left the knife in there. So now I have a shattered hand and a hand with a knife in it. I am the only killing role in the game, but I hurt myself killing elvis last night so I'm really just a SK who can't kill anymore. The only way for me to kill again is for the other medical school to cure me, but if they try I'll probably stab them too. I don't need his charity.

Now, a lot of you may have noticed inconsistencies in this claim. I admit it, I'm not the fourth Migueles Rodriguez Sanchez Gonzales-- my dad's name was Carlos. However, this has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of my relationship with my girlfriend. We broke up because she felt I was suffocating her, at least that's what she says. I still think she was cheating on me with the University of Michigan. Or maybe it was Michigan State University. I always get those two confused. I know one of them is green and one of them is blue, but I can never remember which one is the Spartans and which one is the Lions. Man, the Lions are doing pretty bad. They haven't been on Monday Night football since 2001, or at least that's what I've been told. Of course, I always take things with a grain of salt.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #137 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:37 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Oh, hold on. I forgot to add my smilie. Without a smillie, you guys might think I was actually claiming that!

8)
No, damn, that one makes me seems overconfident!

:D

SHIT! I'M TOO PERKY NOW!

:twisted:

Oh, yeah. They'll trust me for sure now.

:)

Ah, there we go. Nice middle ground. See? The smilie lets you all know it was a joke.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #139 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:56 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I think 8, but I might be off.

Unofficial VC:

MikeBurnFire- 8 (PookyTheMagicalBear, Twomz, Fritzler, Glork, Passdog, Thesp, VikingFan, Pablito)
Turbovolver- 3 (RajRHCPFreak, inHimshallibe, Gaspode)
PookyTheMagicalBear- 3 (MikeBurnFire, Turbovolver, Commodore Amazing)
RajRHCPFreak- 1 (Mystery Meat of Doom)
Mystery Meat of Doom- 1 (HezLucky)

Not voting (3): Shteven, Sotty7, PetroleumJelly)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #141 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:31 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I'm just screwing around. I figured it would be more productive than arguing with Pooky.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #144 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:54 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Oh Pooky, you're so silly. There's really nothing I can do that you won't attack me for, is there?

I'm not the liar, you are. I'm not the one using repetition to make somebody look suspicious, you are.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #149 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:38 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

mikeburnfire wrote:Sucks that our nurse died, but whatcha gonna do?
Here is my first post.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:vote MBF

I can see the faked tears of pain running down your face. Why dontcha cry me a river?
Here's your first post. I didn't take it seriously. Afterall, I wasn't really crying over our lost nurse. I thought you were just trying to be funny. After awhile, a case builds up against me in regards to our SK discussion. However, you attack me for a diffrent reason.
Oh yea Mike, if you knew some1 was going to attack you based on your BS "wah I'm crying a river cuz it sux so much that X died" post then why did you post it? did you want to be attacked?
Yes, that's right. I want to be attacked. :roll: You overstate what I say here again. I wasn't crying over our dead nurse. I said "Whelp, that sucks. Onto the next order of business...". This is the second time you have blown that sentence our of proportion and it won't be the last.
why should I not find you suspicious for making a move that I find suspicious just because you say it has nothing to do with your alignment? That's like saying WHETHER I ACT SCUMMILY HAS NO BEARING ON MY ALIGNMENT!!! and expecting us to actually ignore the scummy things you do since according to you they have no bearing on your alignment!
This is somewhat tricky to defend against, but the conversation boils down to this
ME: "It sucks that our nurse died"
YOU: "Saying that is a scum tell!"
ME: "No it's not. Pointing our that our nurse died doesn't make me scum"
YOU: "YOU JUST SAID THAT ACTING LIKE SCUM IS OKAY"

As you can see, you have twisted my words around. I was not telling you that it's okay to act scummily, I was telling you that your attack has no merit.
My point is that it's given that all players are upset that the nurse is dead, there's no bloody need to state it, we aren't going to look at who didn't say they are sad the nurse is dead and choose to lynch them because they didn't say it.
And we shouldn't look at somebody who does say it and choose to lynch them either then, right? It's not an issue.
First the standard "Angry Rhino" defense to imitate an impassioned and angry protown player. Now the secondary "You have nothing solid" defense, trying to be reasonable and calm now that he's seen "angry rhino" won't fly with us.
Wrong. I actually
was
pissed off. I'm trying to be calm and reasonable because that's what people demanded. That's why I gave myself an entire day to cool down.
I see, you agree with me that we need to follow any leads, yet attack me for following the lead on you?
Wrong. As I said, I'm not attacking you for following you fictional lead on me, I'm attacking you for faulty arguments, insults, and constant misrepresention.
Do you think that if you constantly repeat those lies of yours that people will start believing them?
I could easily say the same thing about you. Most of what you have said is just slander, and you keep repeating it even when it's been disproven.
Oooh! Now we can add making shit up to your impressive resume so far.
Are you saying I was making shit up when I said that you were just trying to provoke me or because I said that adding a smilie after every post was a scum tell? Either way, it does feel like you are doing nothing but provoke me by attacking me with faulty arguments I can't defend against. If if was in regards to the smilie thing, I actually HAVE heard that scum tend to use smilies more often in their posts. However, this argument holds as much water at 'scum often comment on the previous death first'... very little if any at all.

I really didn't feel like I needed to defend myself against your attacks. They've all been flawed and I can't believe others are taking some of the things you say seriously. Thus, I decided to divert my efforts into something worthwhile... screwing around.
After Phase-2 Reasonable argument failed because he didn't have anything in his argument other than repeating the same lies over and over again.
Reasonable argument failed because I'm defending myself against trite garbage.
He quickly dug himself into an even deeper hole with hypocrisy and other scummy comments
Incorrect. I've continued to explain myself in the best way I know how against things I shouldn't need to be talking about.
Now he has no reasoned argument to extricate himself from his terrible position, as a result he makes a complete joke post and continues to joke around in the next few in order to make his previous missteps look comical and irrelevant.
Incorrect. The only two joke posts of mine were the claim and the smilies. Everything else I've said so far I stand by it. I am not in a 'terrible position'. Sure I'm close to a lynch, but I'm confident that, with no sane evidence against me, I won't be killed today. Perhaps I'm naive in that assumption.
It's the equivalent of the criminal being trialed realizing he has no chance of being acquitted and deciding to abandon the reasonable defense for a long shot insanity plea.
Incorrect. I am still willing to make a reasonable defense, but if you want one then you must present evidence against me, and not just things like "I predicted you would do that".
VF wrote:'m with Pooky on this one...not that I'm convinced mbf is 100% scum, but I sure like the odds better there than anywhere else today, especially since it's day 1.
I encourage you to reconsider, along with everybody else who is voting me.
Pooky wrote:Phase 4, the "I'm rubber and your glue" defense has finally been employed!
Not quite. Phase 4 is the "Disprove your lies and expose you" phase. I said
"I'm not the liar, you are. I'm not the one using repetition to make somebody look suspicious, you are"
because it is true. You have repeated stated that I was only pretending to be angry. You have greatly exagerated a lot of points against me, especially my first comment about the nurse. You have made no serious arguments against me. You have only sat back and taken pot-shots.
Oh MBFScumbag, it's so very much fun to watch you twist and write on the line.
Enjoy it while you can. I have every intention of proving myself clean, and when I have I will not hesitate to turn the guns on you. Only unlike me, you will have to defend yourself against substancial arguments.

Whew, that's a long post. Everybody, I have found very little evidence against me. I would like you all to state the reasons why you think I am guilty so that I can defend myself against them if they make any sense. If you still want to vote me after that, then I can die satisfied knowing that I tried my best. But I will not sit by and be killed solely because "it's day one and I'm the best you have"

PPE: Twomz, my mistake. He's not the only person I've referred to with the wrong pronoun and it won't be the last time either, I assure you.

There was no actual claim in that pile of jibberish. I just thought I'd take a stab at the "Funniest roleclaim" award this year.

Sorry7, I'm sorry my fake claim rubs you the wrong way. There's no need to take it seriously. I'll claim if I'm close to death, but I still feel that there's no real reason to reveal myself at the moment, neither name nor role.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #152 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:25 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I do, actually. This was not just to defend myself. I've compiled all your fallacies and poor arguments into one post, a post that is GIGANTIC. Perhaps you should start taking it seriously.

I will not be claiming right now. I will not be pressured by these shallow votes. If you truly want me to claim, then I demand we discuss all issues against me. If there is still evidence against me, then I will reveal my role. However, if you are impatient and ignore my request to talk things out, then I will be taking my role to the grave with me.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #153 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

(The above post was addresing Pooky, not Turbo obv)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #154 (isolation #23) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:56 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Also, upon review I noticed something very minor.
Twomz wrote:vote: Mikeburnfire OMG i put someone at 3 randomly on purpose
Silly Twomz. You can't vote for somebody randomly on purpose. :roll:

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #156 (isolation #24) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:27 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Do I have to repeat my arguments against you? I've already done it more than once.
Are you talking about the 180-hypocritical SK thing? I believe I already explained that. If that is what you are referring to then I shall retrieve my defense from my long-winded posts. If that is not what you are reffering to then I'm afraid you will have to repeat yourself again as I am unsure what you are referring to.
I asked for a claim and got sarcasm. That isn't the best way to encourage the belief that you are town.
Sorry, the sarcasm wasn't directed at you, it was directed at Pooky. I had already addressed claiming to Gaspode at the time. I didn't feel it was warranted.
However, debunking Pooky's arguments against you is insufficient to show me you are town
I am not debunking Pooky's arguments solely to prove myself town. Pooky's arguments contain very little evidence against me, so debunking her proves nearly nothing regarding me. I am just pointing out how every argument Pooky has put forth so far has no foundation. I made that post to help defend myself yes, but most of it was a compilation of evidence against Pooky. That is why I mainly addressed her points alone.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #179 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:49 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Passdog wrote:That and the combined effect of your overeaction to people's accusation, both of which you have addressed. I've also said that wasn't a sufficient response for me to unvote.
Well, I can't argue away my short fuse, but you are right that I have addressed by stance on the SK. It looks like my defense wasn't good enough, which is too bad since I don't know what else to say about it.
Turbo wrote:We already know Pooky doesn't make good arguments
You mean this is how she normally acts? Her behavior doesn't seem to be beneficial to anyone this way.
Twomz wrote:And MBF, i still think you're scum.
You're not alone, although I still can't wrap my head around why.
Thesp wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:I mean, for what reason are you voting me?
I already stated them.
Lies. You've only made one post so far in regards to me:
I find petroleumjelly's unnecessarily communicative defense of mikeburnfire most intriguing, however. Vote: mikeburnfire. By my count that's 8, correct?
There is no explanation in that post. You give no reason for voting me. All you do is pile on.
Hefty Finger of suspicion: Thesp
On top of that, I've had a funny feeling about you for a while, and now I think you're self-destructing in spectacular fashion.
I really am self-destructing, arent I? I just can't keep my head straight.
I don't buy the case against Pooky at all.
Any reason in particular? I made a pretty big post that highlights all the evidence against her.
I don't see why mikeburnfire is stalling from his real claim.

Nevermind, I do see why.
Because there's no reason to. We're only a few real-time days into the game and we have plenty to talk about. Sure I'm only a few votes from lynch, but I feel I can explain my way out of, rather than resort to revealing my role. Claiming is not something I do lightly, especially so early in the game for no reason.
mystery meat wrote:I thought MBF was just a townie who got angry, but his fake-claim thing is iffy-iffy.
It's best to just ignore the fake claim. It holds no relevence to the game and the only reason it exists is solely to spite Pooky.
Passdog wrote:MBF: There are plenty of people who have advocated you claim now. Do it for the town.

I recommend name only for now.
Yes, I knew it would come down to this eventually.
Pooky, with bolding added, wrote:Actually MBF, I never was basing the entire case against you on that small scumtell in the beginning. All I did was trump up the small scumtell in the initial case to fish for a reaction out of you.(Believe it or not,
I wasn't planning on lynching anyone based on such a small tell,
tho it is kinda cute you based your whole debunking Pooky thing on such a small tell that I was reactionfishing with) I got what I believed was the scumilicious super overreaction, my vote currently is on you for that overreaction.
That completely contradicts this other post you made. Keep in mind that your vote never changes.
Oh yea Mike, if you knew some1 was going to attack you based on your BS "wah I'm crying a river cuz it sux so much that X died" post then why did you post it? did you want to be attacked? Do you want to make it harder for us to find mafia by muddling the waters with that post? I'm not going to take what you say at just face value, why should I not find you suspicious for making a move that I find suspicious just because you say it has nothing to do with your alignment? That's like saying WHETHER I ACT SCUMMILY HAS NO BEARING ON MY ALIGNMENT!!! and expecting us to actually ignore the scummy things you do since according to you they have no bearing on your alignment!

You've basically said nothing in your defense but a lot of gobbeldygook! I hope you don't expect that weak defense to hold up.
and this
My point is that it's given that all players are upset that the nurse is dead, there's no bloody need to state it, we aren't going to look at who didn't say they are sad the nurse is dead and choose to lynch them because they didn't say it. The statement is pointless in every sense except to try to give the impression that you are upset that the nurse bit the dust, there's no point to make that statement. This preemptive fishing for sympathy is fairly silly.
Yet another mismanaged argument by Pooky. -_-

And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for....
Gaspode wrote:It's definitely time for either a change in voting or a claim, and I don't see the voting changing anytime soon.
Finlandia U.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #210 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:35 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Gaspode, this doesn't help the case against me at all, but I do live in Michigan. Before the game, I had heard vaguely of Finlandia. My cousin told me a joke about it, but I can't remember what it was. The punchline was something like "Finlandia is the FUCK YOU University". I dunno. He's from the UP, so those crazy Knucks could have influenced him.

I can't really give any other evidence without revealing my role as well, but I am Finlandia. Seeing as how our mod knows about the little college, perhaps he also knows the full joke and can tell us when the game is over.

Commodore, you've been to the small school of Finlandia? Interesting! Do you live near the State of Michigan?
eally? Did you see petroleumjelly's posts, given this reason?
Thespt, that still doesn't change the fact that *you* didn't give any reasons for voting me.
Says you. Looks to me like self-destructing.
I just admitted that. Now you're going around in circles.
I made a pretty big post that highlights all the evidence against her.
Really? I looked over it and saw nothing of interest. In fact,
Then you must be blind. She displayed extensive hypocracies and fallacies, then tried to pass them off as 'testing the water'
But you've been explainging the whole time, and has that reduced the number of votes against you as the day has gone on?
It was worth a shot.
You have been continually demanding a level of evidence that is irrational at this point in the game.
This is how I defended myself against a lack of rationality from all arguments against me at the time.
but his claim is iffy and his false-claim seems more like scum trying to act in a way that "scum never would" than not.
See Newbie 198 to see why I will never use the "too scummy to be scum" defense again. Ever.

There seems to be a case building against PetroleumJelly for coming to my defense. Isn't this essentially just lynching somebody else because you think I'm scum? At least, if you vote him on the grounds that 'it looks like he's rushing to defend his scumbuddy' then you never stopped believing that I was scum and should just lynch me and be done with it. However, since I'm pro-town, I can see two reasons why he'd defend me. Either he's also pro-town and legitimately believes my claim, or he's a mafioso who's defending me so that he'll look better pending my inevitable lynch. I'm not sure which conclusion to jump to right now, though.

I see votes being piled on because nobody seems to believe my claim. That's fine. It's nice to see a bandwagon against me with at least a little logic in it for once. Nice change of pace, at least.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #212 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:09 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

No, you misinterpret me.

Not believing the claim is perfectly acceptable, and is at least a justifyable reason to kill me. Essentially, it's the only GOOD reason to kill me.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #219 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:41 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Turbovolver wrote:
Mikeburnfire wrote:
Turbovolver wrote:but his claim is iffy and his false-claim seems more like scum trying to act in a way that "scum never would" than not.
See Newbie 198 to see why I will never use the "too scummy to be scum" defense again. Ever.
That's pure WIFOM.
Ah, I suppose you're right.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #234 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:56 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Aw, man. Now I've gotta be on the reading end of these long posts.

Karmic Retribution at its finest.

:roll:

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #277 (isolation #30) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:55 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Note that while I believe MBF's claim, he didn't claim pro-town.
Is that really necessary? Even if I wasn't pro-town, why would I ever claim anto-town? Maybe Neutral under some circumstances....

There seems to be somethings going on with Turbon and P-Jelly. I'll read tomorrow.

And yes Fritz, Turbo will catch them all!
(STDs)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #306 (isolation #31) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:24 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I just roleclaimed. I may or may not have an ability, but I feel it's in our best interests not to reveal what it is yet, if I do. I also feel it's in your best interests not to kill me, but it seems it'll be difficult to dissuade you about that.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #308 (isolation #32) » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:33 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Screw it. I think I'm one vote away from death (although I can't tell for sure... haven't had a vote count since page 9) so I'll just reveal my role. It's pretty useless now anyway.

I'm Finlandia University. I have the ability to hide on non-consecutive nights.
Being such a reclusive college, I can prevent myself from being killed by any unfriendly assailants during the night. As you might expect, I cannot use my ability on consecutive nights. I had this awesome plan to drop doctor tells in hopes that the scum would target me tonight, but instead I got wound up in that moronic 'Serial Killer' fiasco.

So that's it. I've essentially been reduced to a townie, so I guess it's not a huge loss if you kill me. I just hope that tomorrow you do a better job of erradicating the scum. Maybe you could even use logic.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #321 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:26 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Pooky, testing me shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if I'm protected from vigilante kills based on the wording in my PM, but I'm willing to risk it since it seems to be the only way to clear me.

Turbo, I didn't hide last night. I figured it'd be a long shot to be hit out of 15~ potential candidates.

Commodore, the "sucks that our nurse died" was not a hint about my restriction. It was, as I have stated before, just an off-handed comment that I thought would stir the pot a bit. I never imagined it would be blown out of proportion the way it did.

mysterymeat, I never dropped any hints about my role early on. I planned to, but things got frantic pretty quickly.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #323 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:53 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

No, I never left any doc hints either. If I did, I probably would have left hints about being a protective role, so that I wouldn't necessarily be lying, but also not be giving myself away.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #329 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:33 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Vikingfan, I can understand you concerns, but aren't mafia Godfathers immune to investigations normally? And I can't believe an 'unnightkillable SK' is a common role. Perhaps you should shave with Occam's Razor sometime.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #343 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:59 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Turbovolver wrote: As for a defense of myself... what do you want me to explain? It seems like I'm being voted based on playstyle - that I'm getting votes just because I say
everything
I think and that ends up casting suspicion on lots of people.
Welcome to my life.

T_T

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #363 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:38 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Cool. Thesp's count is now the official VC until the mod returns. :)

We need a mod prod :|

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #393 (isolation #38) » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hey y'all. This is essentially a check-in post. I've been kinda swamped with exams and my other games to give this one proper attention. But I check it nearly evey day and will give it priority when possible.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #440 (isolation #39) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:52 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Motivator? I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT ROLE BEFORE! Quite interesting. I hope to have a long-winded post later.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #495 (isolation #40) » Mon May 01, 2006 4:18 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Holy bejezus guys! Were you REALLY going to speedlynch me before I even checked in? Seriously? That's harsh.

So... I used my ability last night and didn't die. I trust the vigilante did what was best for the town, but I suppose the fact that he's dead doesn't help my case much. And any theories that I make against PJ trying to take me down with him will fall on deaf ears.

My theory before you kill me:
Inhim targetted me and I lived because I used my hide ability. The mafia got lucky and hit the vig, so now there's no way for him to confirm me. But c'mon, there was only one death last night. :S

Oh well. It's out of my hands now. Just an unfortunate series of events.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #498 (isolation #41) » Mon May 01, 2006 4:32 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Well, Glork. I don't know what to say to that. I don't see how having the mafia forfeit their kill would confirm me. Either way, I'd still be alive.

And yes, the method of death is another thing I cannot explain.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #500 (isolation #42) » Mon May 01, 2006 5:59 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I don't think we should try to figure things out using things like that. PJ knew he was about to be killed, so he obviously tried to spread confusion before he left, no?

What PJ said as he was being hanged isn't an important as what he said when he was blending in, at least... that's what I have a tendency to believe.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #506 (isolation #43) » Tue May 02, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Yes, there's no need to kill the inevitable. Talk a bit before ya kill meh.

I may chime in later.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #517 (isolation #44) » Tue May 02, 2006 7:23 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Thesp wrote:Image
:D !

Well, anyways... good luck you guys!

And Turbo, c'mon. If we had two mafia groups and a vigilante, would we really have only had one death last night? The 'other' mafia group would have had to target either the same target as the other group, or also try to kill me (which is dumb)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #529 (isolation #45) » Wed May 03, 2006 4:13 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Unvote, Vote: Fritzler

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #531 (isolation #46) » Wed May 03, 2006 5:32 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I AM NOT SUPRISED!

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #585 (isolation #47) » Fri May 12, 2006 10:59 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Bah! Go scum!

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #634 (isolation #48) » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Dang. Oh well, town did good.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”