Player Slot and Game Census

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Thok »

I know the obvious application: this is the sort of data that can lead to a more refined version of my first law, which is useful for everybody who cares about the mod queue length. (The point is that active games slot might be a better number to input then total player slots.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Thok »

zoraster wrote:I actually have some criticism of Thok's first law that I've been meaning to write. I think it has some problems, but it's still useful.

For what it's worth, I have some criticism of my first law that I've been meaning to ponder. (Basically that player game slots aren't exactly what we care about: there's a time factor as well.)

That said, the basic idea of my first law is a useful starting point for a discussion and points out that there's a fundamental obstacle limiting the effect of suggestions to speed up the queues. Refinements may lower the number of games we need people to play on average to keep pace with the mini queues' modding requirements from 10 games per person to 6 games per person, but it's utterly unreasonable to expect people to play much more than 2 to 3 mini games on average.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”