The Invincible Man

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

The Invincible Man

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:23 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

What are your thoughts on roles that are immune to night kills (permanently)?

IMO, mafia immune to night kills is not a good idea but town roles immune to night kills is intolerably...not a good idea...

Once the person claims, there is no way for them to die. THey won't be lynched and they can't be killed (unless a game allows day kills by certain roles, though this doesn't usually happen).

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:47 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Well, first of, so as not to confuse people, the role name generally isn't the Invincible Man. Anyway, the reasons why I find it unfair is because once someone says to the town that they have a role ability that makes them immune to night kills is provable. If it's proven then that person will never die or if they are simply believed from the very begining of thjeir claim then they will also never die because they won't ever be lynched. I don't see how it can be countered without making another role ability to counter it.

I think it can be more fair for mafia godfather to have that ability. I think I gave that ability once and it worked out... ok.

I just don't like permantent invincible roles (to night kills). It's too unfair unless somehow brilliantly countered. Role abilities that make you immune to maybe one night kill is good, though. It confuses the mafia. Or the town if the mafia was targeted by a vig.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:51 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I agree with JEEP on the counterparts.
Jasdemar wrote:DS: In a single mafia game, all mafia are pretty much immune to night kills and the mafia GF has that role by def
This I disagree with. The GF doesn't always have this role. That was however, the old school mafia way IMO, but know they are more often immune to investigations.

Also, as for the rest of the mafia being "immune": what about vig's, SKs. etc. There are tons of other killing roles in games. With the exception of some newbie games and a couple minis, there are almost always multiple killing roles. At least vog like roles. I like have a pro-town killer like vigs. One shot to do good. Gotta save it, gotta use it. That's also the problem.

-DS
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:10 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

The game's running- is it all that appropriate to say here...

-DS
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:58 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Tachyon particle
(much easier to understand when you watch Star Trek) :)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”