...and they all lived happily ever after

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:12 am

Post by Turbovolver »

I don't like the "happily ever after" stuff created by this situation (and similar situations). I think no lynch should be removed... there's no real flavour reasons for it to be removed, but it just strikes me as
off
. Then again, a similar argument could be made for forcing the mafia to kill every night :?

I just don't think it's good sportsmanship to turn mafia games into games of chicken, especially over merely improving your chances.

As I think about it, I think giving the mafia freedom and forcing the town to lynch is the best plan. The mafia are supposed to be the deceptive ones, so I think they should be given the chance to deceive townies by no-killing... town no-lynching is kinda weak imo.

Problem is, without a flavour justification for disallowing no-lynch I'm not comfortable with that idea either :cry:
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:18 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Seol wrote:Here's the way I see it -

The only reason the town want to kill all the scum is so the scum stop killing them - the town are fighting for survival. If the scum decide to stop killing the town, then the town have achieved what they need - safety from the invading force.

Therefore... it's arguable that "happily ever after" should be seen as a
town win
That works for me... it forces one of the sides into budging and hence prevents stand-offs. I would prefer if it was the town who was forced to budge and not the mafia, but this way has flavour justification and all :D
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:32 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

LoudmouthLee wrote:How did *I* miss this thread?

Nominate Lloyd, to be partners with Thok, for the nickname "Disgrace to scum everywhere."

This, Lloyd, is a mockery of the game. Yes, you play for fun, and we all do, but when you sitch the rules around and say...
What if we just have a gigantic tea party instead?
Then we can call this place LiptonScum. Or NesteaScum

Until them, the mafia should kill. I can see them not killing out of strategic play (a la Vis in Newb 195), but to "force a draw".

Ugly.
Why should it be the mafia that have to kill and not the townies that have to lynch? I agree draws are pretty lame, but why is it the mafia that is the disgrace and not the town?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

OK. So yeah, I think in the "happily ever after" scenario, the mafia has stopped killing and so basically you've got a town win. The last mafia person has basically become a townsperson... :shock:
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:35 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I claimed SK when I was an SK in Mini 275, but only after my fake claim was debunked. I don't get to make the list, do I... :cry:

Is there a link for that game Pooky? Sounds like good reading

Return to “Mafia Discussion”