TT; Book 1: Bible Verse Mafia - Game over!

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Mackay wrote:More to say - REALLY gotta go. What's a baller?
[quote="Urban Dictionary]1. Ballah
Higher being.

1. baller
A thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, but now is used to describe any thug that is living large.

4. baller
Livin large, with girls and money

5. baller
Someone who has a large amount of money and a way with the opposite sex. An individual with status derived from posession of "game"[/quote]
You mos def have game.
Mackay wrote:P.S. Thanks Fritz!
You're welcome. (for what?)
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:42 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Mackay wrote:What is your opinion of EnderX's alignment?
Thinking about it, TSS and EnderX have to have something to do with each other.
13 "If only you would hide me in the grave
and conceal me till your anger has passed!
If only you would set me a time
and then remember me!

14 If a man dies, will he live again?
All the days of my hard service
I will wait for my renewal to come.
TSS died, and was concealed, until the anger, (Ender?) was passed, and was then remembered? Maybe TSS Is Ender living again. that could make sense.
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:43 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Yea, the more I think about it, TSS has to have turned, and been lived again through EnderX. Especially since he was resurected the night EX died.

Vote: TSS
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Fritzler »

PS- TSS = thirteen and ender = 14, those are both from the same Job chapter tehy're i together.
Surfs up dude.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I don't blame anyone for connecting the two, but I assure you I haven't been told anything of any change in my alignment (which was and presumably is pro-town). You don't have to trust me -- hell, I wouldn't take my word for it wholly on trust, either -- but don't you at least credit the possibility that my alignment might not have turned, simply because were it automatic that it must have there'd be no point in resurrecting an obvious autolynch?

I took my role as being resurrected after three days, but Ender could have been the trigger. If so he'd appear to be a serial killer, though, and a serial killer with a trigger that helps the town seems strange.

Fritzler, why did you target VisMaior again after failing the first time? And why did you "proxy to LML" what looks like the day
before
you found that you could make him a mason?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:56 pm

Post by Fritzler »

the silent speaker wrote:Fritzler, why did you target VisMaior again after failing the first time? And why did you "proxy to LML" what looks like the day
before
you found that you could make him a mason?
I didn't know my ability, VM was most likely scum to me, so i targeted him.

And I proxied to him, cuz I thought he was most likely pro town, as the cop. Plus he's got game.
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:56 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Would you be told of an alignment shift in this game anyways? :roll:
Surfs up dude.
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:16 pm

Post by Mackay »

I'm back.
Fritzler wrote:Would you be told of an alignment shift in this game anyways? :roll:
What makes you say that?
- Mackay
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:54 pm

Post by Mackay »

Fritz:
You're welcome. (for what?)
The thankyou was in response to your well-wishes with regard to my work shift. While we're talking common courtesy, I should have apologised for my misinterpretation of your earlier post. All you said was "night 1 Fuldu", I did not pick up the implication that it was unsuccessful due to his being evil.

That being said, I think you're lying.

You avoided my question about EnderX's alignment. What I would like to know is,
why
was he evil - what about his verse made him evil? He has that red text happening, but the Job verse seems quite innocent, or at least not evil. He was obviously not related to the "perishing" killer, seeing as that's the one that got him. Do you believe, then, that he was somehow lumped in with the Numbers verses, which quite blatantly spoke of people wielding weapons? This makes no sense to me either. And yet, there has been no killer other than Numbers methods and "perishing". Do you believe that EnderX and the silent speaker are an independent evil group on their own?! That makes no sense, where is the killing/recruiting?

No, EnderX reads to me like a fairly 'innocent' verse, unrelated to either killing group. And yet he was evil. My conclusion is that he was recruited by the cult. It certainly makes more sense than, say, the town's having two mason groups - one completely underpowered and unable to communicate amongst themselves, and one heavily loaded one with recruiting powers.

To me, the silent speaker is the only player that I can feel
IS
100% trustworthy, for the very reason that he has not been alive for you to recruit. I DO believe that Ender's and tss' roles may have been linked. But I do not think that Ender started out evil, and I very much doubt that they had any knowledge of who the other role was.

Your theory on the town/scum balance:
6-7. So 2-3 maximum. I'm thinking two, one from a main group, and then the perisher, the SK.
So you believe that the perisher is independent - This is fair, considering they killed both EnderX and the two with the Numbers verses. But are you proposing, somehow, that the silent speaker - with his verse fully revealed - is the killer whose method also points clearly to the same section of Numbers as the two other dead baddies?

I think you are grasping at straws. I also fear that you have three recruits. Five nights, one dead EnderX, one failed VisMaior.
Note to the town: If this is the case, then the cult will win tomorrow if we do not lynch Fritzler. Please speak up!

It is clear that LoudmouthLee is one of your recruits. It has been valiant of you to try to protect the others. I must say, however, that VitaminR's trust in your "recruiting mason" is interesting, considering he was a weakened mason himself. Though he's tried to be endearingly noncommittal about it, I must say.

Fritz is a cult leader. He owns LoudmouthLee, probably VitaminR, and possibly even another. We need to stop Fritz
now
. It is vital to all non-cultists, good or scum.
- Mackay
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:30 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Uhm... Mackay, I don't know what you're quite saying...

FoS: Mackay

It's interesting, because I recieved a PM saying I can no longer talk to Fritz. I was able to get a result today.

Here's my idea, and feel free to shoot me down if you think I'm wrong:

#1) Fritz is a mason recruiter that, for game balance purposes, contains a maximum masonry of two.

#2) By fritz continuing to recruit and "lose" the mason, he's able to identify all the power roles that we need..

-Knowledge ascertained

Because I was able to be recruited to Fritz's Masonry, I MUST be a naive cop. Rationale: Vis was a doc and he was UNRECRUITABLE. I investigated someone whom I was sure was scum last night, and they came innocent.

I am willing to have myself lynched over Fritzler if you don't believe me here. Since I'm sure I was convoluted there, and I really want to win this game as a town, please follow me.

#1) I can no longer talk to Fritzler. (100% sure)
#2) I am a naive cop. (90% sure)
#3) Frizler is NOT a cultist (Nearly 100% sure)
#4) The new person Fritzler recruited to his Masonry (and PS: That info should NOT come to light just yet) is a pro-town player. (100%)

If you want to lynch someone today, LYNCH ME. If you think I'm a member of the cult, LYNCH ME.

When I come up good, any doctor in the house, please protect Fritzler. He's the key to winning this game. Trust me on this one.

Finally,
, as it's safe to proxy to a Cop, IMHO. How that was missed by you is absolutely unknown.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:30 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Mackay wrote:I'm back.
Fritzler wrote:Would you be told of an alignment shift in this game anyways? :roll:
What makes you say that?
Because you aren't told anything else!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:32 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Triple post, sorry, change in thought.

Unvote: TSS, Vote: Mackay

Your post that I just quoted makes me think your role had additional information.. like a list of scum partners.

You scare me, Mackay, and your pressure on Fritzler only heightens it.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:17 pm

Post by Commodore Amazing »

Important Post!

I believe I can explain some of what is going on with Fritzler and LML.

My Claim: Matthew 10:16

I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves

I had a one-shot ability, but I didn't know what it did. I targeted Roadbird night one, and I don't remember who I targeted the other two nights until I targeted LML night four. My targeting of LML was successful, so I no longer have any ability. I learned this last night.

I believe Fritzler recruited LML at some point. My guess is that Fritzler was blocked or something when he attempted to recruit VisMaior, but he thought that he couldn't recruit VisMaior because VisMaior was scum.

I may be wrong about Fritlzer being a cult leader. Maybe you can draw some other conclusions from what is going on here. I think it's also possible that Fritzler didn't even know that he's a cult leader, or that he didn't tell LML.

I'm still not quite sure what my role does. I thought I was a resurrector at one point, but that's because I thought I was Matthew 10:6, not Matthew 10:16. Now, I am fairly certain that I bring someone back from the cult.

vote: Fritzler
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:53 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Wow. I can buy this... let me think on it tonight.

Wow.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:40 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Mackay, a mason recruiter and a four-person "weak" mason group does strike me as odd, but I find it hard to believe that a cult recruiter would reveal his recruitment in-game. Especially with his willingness to out last night's recruit. That was, however, gut feeling.

I'm still inclined to think Fritz is at least not aware of his cult leader status if he is cult, but CA's claim does present solid evidence that is hard to get around.
His role just doesn't make sense if there's not something fishy there. Especially with the ambiguity in his verse I don't believe he had an ability that could possibly be detrimental to the town. That leads me to the conclusion that bringing LML out of the "masonship" was good for the town.

Vote: Fritzler
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Post by Mackay »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Triple post, sorry, change in thought.

Unvote: TSS, Vote: Mackay

Your post that I just quoted makes me think your role had additional information.. like a list of scum partners.

You scare me, Mackay, and your pressure on Fritzler only heightens it.
Ahhh, LML, you should not take everything at face value. That was, of course, following this post by you:
LoudmouthLee wrote:
Mackay wrote:I'm back.
What makes you say that?
Because you aren't told anything else!
Thankyou! I did not ask that because I did not KNOW - I ask because of this quote by Fritz:
Fritzler wrote:PS Mackay, you're a baller for figuring out the allegiance,
except for that whole im pro town thang
(bolding mine).

Thanks for backin' me up - although I wanted to hear HIM say that, especially given his insistence on the whole "pro-town" "thang".

The best way to get away with lying is to tell half the truth, right? I contend that if he's telling the truth about taking half the game to work out his ability, he cannot possibly have KNOWN whether he was pro-town simply due to the fact that he can recruit - and that if he is not, he's got a good reason for lying. Either way, I do not think that he can have so definitely stated that he is pro-town, given only the knowledge of a recruiting ability. Especially in a game which already has a mason-type group. Lynch all liars.

The sudden decision that I am evil is interesting, especially considering that you decided you were naive due to your making a choice from last night, based on the CERTAINTY that somebody was scum. Why not go after them, if you are sure of naivete? In any case, you've apparently been deprogrammed. I still find it hard to believe that you are naive, given the Bible verse you claimed, but... *shrug* I can handle being called suspicious, if that's what it takes to draw attention to who I think is the biggest threat to the town.

I think that your innocent results were correct. However, I'm not so sure they are
still
correct, they could easily have been recruited after you made your investigation. I can't see the reason for a naive cop in a town which apparently does not have another investigative role.
- Mackay
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:58 pm

Post by Mackay »

But wait, there's more!
LoudmouthLee wrote:Uhm... Mackay, I don't know what you're quite saying...

FoS: Mackay

It's interesting, because I recieved a PM saying I can no longer talk to Fritz. I was able to get a result today.

Here's my idea, and feel free to shoot me down if you think I'm wrong:

#1) Fritz is a mason recruiter that, for game balance purposes, contains a maximum masonry of two.

#2) By fritz continuing to recruit and "lose" the mason, he's able to identify all the power roles that we need..
*shoots you down*
-Knowledge ascertained

Because I was able to be recruited to Fritz's Masonry, I MUST be a naive cop. Rationale: Vis was a doc and he was UNRECRUITABLE. I investigated someone whom I was sure was scum last night, and they came innocent.
Incorrect. Given Glork's verse, we are now quite sure that VisMaior was a hider and not a doctor. In which case, Fritz would merely have been unable to find him. Whether it is a cult or a *cough*... recruiting masonry, they work the same way. Power roles, upon being recruited, lose their powers. This does not judge between effectiveness of roles, otherwise this general rule's even existing is rendered worthless. What's the point of giving up your powers for recruitment, if it only allows the giving up of powers which are worthless?

I repeat: Fritz could not recruit VisMaior, because VisMaior was untargetable. NOT because he had a power role.
I am willing to have myself lynched over Fritzler if you don't believe me here. Since I'm sure I was convoluted there, and I really want to win this game as a town, please follow me.
If you're deprogrammed, I do not think your lynch is at all necessary. I am listening, I simply happen to disagree.
#1) I can no longer talk to Fritzler. (100% sure)
#2) I am a naive cop. (90% sure)
#3) Frizler is NOT a cultist (Nearly 100% sure)
#4) The new person Fritzler recruited to his Masonry (and PS: That info should NOT come to light just yet) is a pro-town player. (100%)
#1) I believe you.
#2) Your reasoning behind making this decision is just silly. Your results on mith (revealed as part of a weakened masonry) on night 1 and VisMaior (innocent) on night 2 were correct. Your result on me is correct, but I've no right to insist you agree with that one. =) I'd kinda like to hear your fourth innocent so that we can narrow it down further. (apologies if I missed it) I think your verse indicates a real ability.
#3) I don't see how you CAN be sure. Fritz, for all I know, may believe that he's pro-town and have played accordingly. Or he may have simply tried to mislead you. But if Fritz cannot be sure of his alignment, you cannot be sure of Fritz' alignment. And as I've already stated, I believe it impossible that Fritz CAN have known his alignment based SOLELY on his discovery of the ability to recruit (which is what he claims).
#4) I doubt they'll come forward anyway. And I'm sure they
were
a pro-town player.
If you want to lynch someone today, LYNCH ME. If you think I'm a member of the cult, LYNCH ME.
See, the problem with that is: a) CA says you've been deprogrammed. Would you even come up evil if this is the case?, and b) FAR more importantly: if we DO think you are a cultist, then by lynching you we give the recruiter another free pro-town player. This is a BAD idea.
When I come up good, any doctor in the house, please protect Fritzler. He's the key to winning this game. Trust me on this one.
Words fail me. If you're deprogrammed, it's entirely likely you'll come up good. Fritzler is the key to winning this game for the
cult
. The only way we could call that a victory is if our only criterion was that the mafia does not win!
Finally,
, as it's safe to proxy to a Cop, IMHO. How that was missed by you is absolutely unknown.
You have missed the point here. He is not questioning the choice of proxy. He is questioning, as I see it, Fritzler's truthfulness, and the dubious delays he has shown in actiong upon information which would have been good for the town.
- Mackay
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:46 pm

Post by mith »

Hm.

I'm somewhat suspicious of Mackay, and I can't put a finger on why. It could just be a result of her coming in mid-game, I'll have to give it some thought.

I still find it quite likely that TSS is scum. Him taking over for EnderX in some way makes a lot of sense.

The play is Fritzler, though. I don't believe he's a "mason recruiter" for obvious reasons. I could see him having a role where he is allowed to talk to people at night without the assurance that they are innocent... except the claimed attempt to recruit Fuldu rules that out. Regardless, it's too much risk to leave him alive just on the possibility that he might be innocent. If we let him live and he is cult, we likely give the cult a stranglehold on the game. If we kill him and he's innocent, we really don't lose that much.

Vote: Fritzler
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:49 pm

Post by mith »

(I think that's 4.)
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:55 am

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

4 Fritzler (Mackay, Commodore Amazing, VitaminR, mith)

1 the silent speaker (Fritzler)
1 Mackay (LoudmouthLee)

not voting (3): Ameliaslay, RoadBird, the silent speaker

5 to lynch.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:17 am

Post by Mackay »

It would be good to hear from Ameliaslay and RoadBird.

mith, with regard to your suspicion of the silent speaker, does it really make sense? There are two lots of killers and EnderX did not appear to fit in to either one. I do agree with there being a link between the two, but I think that it is a role quirk independent of alignment. I cannot understand one of Job 14:13-14 being evil and the other not. I find it much more likely that EnderX was a cult recruit, and I do not understand your completely discounting this if you believe (as you appear to) that there is indeed a cult presence in the town.

Again, the Job verse does not gel at all with the "Numbers" theme, and Ender was killed by the "perisher". I can't imagine an independent Ender/tss evil group who have not killed/recruited anyone all game, or whose only ability is for one's death to resurrect the other. Particularly, as tss stated, when Ender's revealed alignment would render him immediately into an obvious quick-lynch.

Like I said, I am most likely to trust tss for the moment. We know that were he linked to Ender in an evil group, they were not perishers - what with Ender being killed via that method (incidentally, I'm not sure of the perisher's alignment either way - they've been pretty darn helpful), we know he is not a cultist (was dead during recruiting nights), and his verse does not fit with the two Numbers verses revealed thus far.

The only possible thing I could think of which may make him evil is if tss and EnderX "shared" a role, and thus Ender's (what I believe to be) cult recruitment was passed on to tss. And again, I don't believe this to be the case due to its being so easy for the town to make a tss quick-lynch.
- Mackay
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:14 am

Post by mith »

Good point. Completely slipped my mind that EnderX was "perished". I'm certainly not completely discounting the idea of EnderX as a cult recruit; I had just already decided I was voting for Fritzler and didn't look into much else with too much detail.

Still, I can't bring myself to trust tss just yet; in part because it will annoy me so much if he survives and turns out to be evil. :)

Something that's bothering me about the murder-by-numbers verses is that there's really only 3 killing verses there. 15 and 19 don't seem like scum verses to me. It's quite possible there is a Godfather type role (in the sense of not having a related verse) grouped with the Numbers verses. 3 in that group seems very weak compared to what else we've seen.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:13 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I'll believe CA. Let's see if I was saved from the cult.

Unvote, Vote: Fritzler
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:44 am

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

5 Fritzler (Mackay, Commodore Amazing, VitaminR, mith, LoudmouthLee)

1 the silent speaker (Fritzler)

not voting (3): Ameliaslay, RoadBird, the silent speaker

Deathscene coming up.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:55 am

Post by Cadmium »

They must not leave any of it till morning or break any of its bones. When they celebrate the Passover, they must follow all the regulations.

Fritzler -
1 Corinthians 15:33
- lynched

It is now night 6, deadline:
23 March 2006 10:00 am MST

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”