...and they all lived happily ever after

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:29 am

Post by mith »

I'm not sure whether to be pleased or disappointed. :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:46 am

Post by mith »

If he was cleared, there's no reason for the town to no lynch either. The whole point of the no lynch with 4 left is to increase the odds of hitting scum from 1/4 to 1/3; and if there's a confirmed innocent, they're already 1/3; may as well lynch and if they get it right an extra player lives.

Practically cleared doesn't equal cleared though, so the no lynch/no kill was the "correct" play until the draw was mentioned.

If you consider a draw half a win, this is a better result for the town than the scum. Scum should expect to win 2/3 by killing if the lynch is random, and from a quick skim I'd say his odds were better than that. So in that sense, he should have killed once Stoofer declared it would be a draw otherwise.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:54 am

Post by mith »

I agree. It's a draw because the moderator stepped in and declared it so. Neither side can call it a win because they didn't meet the winning conditions as stated by the Mod, but since the Mod stepped in and said it's a draw, you can't say they lost either.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:08 am

Post by mith »

Neither side fulfilled their win condition *because* the mod stepped in and said no deaths = draw. You could argue that implicit in the winning conditon is a "losing condition": if you don't win, you lose; but that changes once the mod introduces a "drawing condition" (to "if you don't win or draw, you lose").
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:21 am

Post by mith »

I wrote that way before Newbie 62 (or Newbie 1, for that matter). That little article is nearly as old as the site.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”