BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:42 am

Post by BBmolla »

Hi everyone :D

Could someone explain this seemingly random policy lynch for DeityKabuto? If possible I'd like to avoid a policy lynch, as generally it's a wasted lynch that the town gains nothing from.

Also, just so I know a bit about everyone:
1. What's your prior experience with Mafia at this site? At others Sites? With other players in this game?
2. If a Seer found a werewolf on the first night, would it be better to claim and get a werewolf lynched or not claim and hope they can find the other werewolf before they are killed?

You don't have to answer these, but it'd be much appreciated. I just like to get to know a bit of history as well as their philosophy about a certain part of the game because it can change how I read people.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:24 am

Post by BBmolla »

A lot of hostility in this game.

DeityKabuto wrote:
Vote DeityKabuto

@Deity: Could you explain this for me? Voting yourself never helps anyone.

Also tyhess could you possibly get an avatar?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:35 am

Post by BBmolla »

DeityKabuto wrote:
BBmolla wrote:@Deity: Could you explain this for me? Voting yourself never helps anyone.

Also tyhess could you possibly get an avatar?

??????????

Do you know what RVS stands for...

Random Voting Stage

While I agree, do you really think a vote on yourself contributes any more to the town any more than not participating in it at all?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by BBmolla »

tyhess wrote:
Ray Montano wrote:
tyhess wrote:Let's even say its Day 3 (so 4 players are killed), and we have 1 werewolf, 2 mafia, and 4 towns left + the seer...is it really beneficial to off one mafia (and get an innocent town) to off yourself at night? Imo, no...

I thought the deal was the seer found a werewolf not a mafia?

Tomato, tomato imo

...Uh no you're not following. The seer ONLY find werewolves. Not mafia.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Thor665 wrote:
Ray Montano wrote:1. I've been off the site for...six months? But I've been here since 2008, gone nowhere else, quite loyal to MafiaScum.

:?

Vote: Ray Montano

Serious vote is very serious. Let's speed lynch him naow.

...I don't follow. So what? He's an experienced player.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Ray Montano wrote:
tyhess wrote:It'd help the town, because inexperienced scum help the town, while an experience scum won't slip.

I like this guy.

So you don't even care about this bandwagon forming on you?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:57 am

Post by BBmolla »

Sky wrote:And why are we discussing what the seer should do? It's a waste of time if you ask me.

I asked the question originally so we could avoid arguements if the actual occurance came up.

The discussion went a bit long though lol.

To me, the Ray vote seems like people just wanting to get day 1 over with as opposed to people actually thinking that person is scum. I wouldn't be surprised to find a couple mafia/werewolves on the wagon.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #125 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:34 am

Post by BBmolla »

DeityKabuto wrote:
tyhess wrote:What?? Just answer the question

What do I do, that's what I want to know.

Why are you making things so difficult?

How about this, why did you vote? And why did you unvote?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #128 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:38 am

Post by BBmolla »

DeityKabuto wrote:
BBmolla wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:
tyhess wrote:What?? Just answer the question

What do I do, that's what I want to know.

Why are you making things so difficult?

How about this, why did you vote? And why did you unvote?

I voted because Thor told me to and I know Thor.

I unvoted because even though Thor told me so, I didn't know what the wagon was all about.

Don't you think there is a possibility Thor is scum?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #134 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Oh wow, I thought DK was playing how he was because he was new. As an experienced player, his play is extremely questionable.

VOTE: DeityKabuto
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #147 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:26 am

Post by BBmolla »

I really am willing to take the risk of DK being a VT. I still can't even fathom his kind of play with his 1000 posts. It doesn't add up.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I really like post #177.

tyhess wrote:We are two real life days in. We are placing pressure on other players. Not a time for anyone to be a Dumba$$ and lynch, no matter how scummy i think someone is

I don't like your philosophy in #175 tyhess. You're saying we shouldn't lynch someone, even if they are the scummiest player alive, just because we're two days in? DK isn't the scummiest player, but he is scummy. And I feel that time is irrelevent when you think someone is scum. I mean what's the point of voting DK if you're just gonna unvote before the hammer?

Keeping an eye on you tyhess.

My vote stays on DK.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #182 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

EBWOP: By saying DK isn't the scummiest player, I meant he's not the scummiest player that ever existed. I do believe he is the scummiest player in this game.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #185 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Oh dang.

Well disregard most of my statement except for the part about not lynching because of time.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #188 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Sky wrote:Also, since I'm a newb, what is a Policy Lynch?

Lynching someone because they're a troll or something of like instead of because they're scum.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #205 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Thor665 wrote:
CMPunk wrote:
BBmolla wrote:I really am willing to take the risk of DK being a VT. I still can't even fathom his kind of play with his 1000 posts. It doesn't add up.

this

Go look at any of DK's other games and then come back and tell me he wouldn't do this as town.

What do you think about the interaction between Ray and I? You seem to have avoided commenting on it.

I don't think it was addressed at me, but I personally am reading it as town on town.

Thor is scumhunting hard, and has set reasons for his scumhunting.
Ray is arguing that the reasons aren't legitimate.

Both I could see making more sense from a town PoV. Thor could possibly be scum; the RL on Ray raises a few questions, but atm and after his last few posts I'm getting town on him. Ray's play is odd, namely the no fear of a bandwagon forming on him, but I think it's town sided considering he would know as a town person that him being lynched would not be the end of the game.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #208 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Thor665 wrote:Do you think Ray has done anything to help town besides being secure in the knowledge that his lynch won't end the game?

Not really. I'm not saying he's a helpful townmember, but I think he's a town member. I don't think a policy lynch on him is what's needed if that's what you're asking.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #210 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Thor665 wrote:Some call it a policy lynch, some call it lynching for a scumtell. Six of one half a dozen of another. I do think someone who appears to have knowledge of the game paired with an inability to apparently progress town forward should be lynched.

Who do you think should be lynched?

DK. I feel he fits your description very well. And I think he's actual scum.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #253 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by BBmolla »

DeityKabuto wrote:BBmolla is active lurking, respond to Post #214 please.

I woke up this morning, and low and behold, a new wall of text and 3 new pages in the game. Reading...

Alright done. I'm getting a more null read on DK, as his meta seems to explain his behavior. I need to re-Iso everyone, but I haven't got time at the moment. For now I'll

UNVOTE: DeityKabuto
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #315 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:49 am

Post by BBmolla »

Okay, pretty sure Ray is scum. His entire defense is discrediting Thor's legit defense instead of trying to prove it wrong in any way.
Thor665 wrote:I did read, I found none, hence the case.

Ray Montano wrote:Okay then this isn't my issue.

Thor665 wrote:Would you like to quote some of the scumhunting and rub my face in it for laughs?

Ray Montano wrote:I have no interest in doing such thing.

Ray Montano wrote:I'm dunzo spamming the thread with you. Talk about something important...or real for that matter and then we can have a discussion.[/quote
This interaction is really what set it in stone.

VOTE: Ray

whispersilk wrote:It's hard for me to spell out why I feel the way I do about everyone.

This to me just says "I'm scum and don't feel like making up cases."
But, whisper is not the lynch for today.

DK is looking better by the post.

Everyone else is pretty null and not worth mentioning unless I see a serious scumtell anywhere.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #323 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

CMPunk wrote:
BBmolla wrote:Okay, pretty sure Ray is scum. His entire defense is discrediting Thor's legit defense instead of trying to prove it wrong in any way.

While I do think Rey is scum, this seems off. Off course he is going to try discredit any cases on him etc.Its a null tell as everyone would try to discredit their attackers. scum or town.

First, I meant Thor's legit
offense
. Sorry if that was confusing to some.

Second, your statement is bogus. I've seen cases on me, even when town, that are legit cases. Discrediting cases is terrible unless they're absolutely false, which is not true in this case.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #412 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by BBmolla »

blindfaeth wrote:I have a request that BBmolla answer his own questions from wayyyy back on Page 2, it will affect my read on him. Please and thank you ^^ And I'll answer them as well so as to not ruffle feathers~

Woah, thought I answered them. My mistake.

1. I've completed two games so far, one game with a town win, and the other is still in progress. I played EpicMafia for a while, as well as some "attempts" at playing in real life. I have not played with anyone else in this game. I've seen The Tick around, but that's it.

2. As a seer, if I got a guilty, I would probably subtley hide my guilty in a post. For example "yeah, Joey Is Where I think we'll find our connections with johnny. Wolves are probably distancing themselves from each other..." Probably more subtle, but you get the picture.
I think a cool play we could do is have everyone claim Seer D2 and give a report. This will allow the real Seer to post his report and if he's killed it will confirm the report for an automatic werewolf kill. I'd need other thoughts on this, but yeah.
In general I think it really depends on the situation. D2 would probably be a bad time to claim, but if he's alive D3, it'd probably be a good time to out reports if he has at least one guilty.
However, if he thinks that the werewolf he got a guilty on could possibly mislead the entire town, then he could claim.
P-Edit: A possible flaw on the strategy with the mass seer claim is if a seer gets guilty on a werewolf that's truely the werewolf, the werewolf will probably be suspicious and kill the true seer. But I mean, it's still a for sure Werewolf lynch. I donno.

blindfaeth wrote:BBmolla - scummy. You have pro-town play but I have a strong gut feeling it is a front. There are little things you say that nag at me like no other and I think its your werewolf teeth nipping at my ear. I'll have more to say on this after you answer your questions from page 2, and I'm off work for the day.

I don't really understand this, your post seems to say I'm so pro town I'm scummy. Should I try acting more anti-town?

The Tick wrote:(And is it just me or does Thor remind anybody else of Gaston from Beauty in the Beast? I've been reading all his posts in Gaston's voice for some reason.)

OH OH WHO AM I :D
Also, definitely doing this from now on.

I think Blind is town atm. His scumhunting, while I may disagree with some of it, has true effort.
Need to see more from The Tick.

Vote stays on Ray for now. Still not convinced he's aligned with the town.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #419 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by BBmolla »

@Thor and Blind
Guys, you've been arguing for about 3 pages now.

While I do understand that you think Thor is scummy Blind, remember that there are five anti town players. If you focus on Thor, all it does it help the scum because you aren't pressuring them at all.

I'm reading this as town on town anyway, but even if you're completely convinced of each other's scumminess, I doubt either of you will be the lynch for today.

TLDR; Focus on other players so the thread stops being a "Thor vs. Blind Brawl."

I mean, if I was scum I could easily let this go for days on end, but as a town member, I think your arguing is unhelpful.

I responded to your post Blind, could you address that?
TheFool and FightingShadow both have only ten posts. What do you guys think about their small amount of posts?

P-Edit: You posted while I was typing this out. Feh.
ISO me and point out what things you think are exactly anti town. I'll explain my thought process behind them.
I will ISO a few players myself in the next day or so just to give a general idea of my reads.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #444 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 am

Post by BBmolla »

@Blind: Your case is good. It's wrong, but it's good.

blindfaeth wrote:I guess I had two problems with your first post; the first being the part I bolded. (Mind you, it was difficult narrowing down why that paragraph bothered me. It just seemed like the first sentence, a "why is this policy lynch going on" was all that was necessary. But you felt the need to throw in the "the town usually doesnt benefit from policy lynches" thing.)

The second problem I had was that you didn't answer your own questions immediately thereafter. I appreciate that you complied when I asked you to do so, however.

I was just emphasizing a point, that I didn't want a policy lynch to go through. I asked what the purpose of the policy lynch was, and proceeded on with giving my personal opinion on them. That's all I can really say about that.

The forgetting to answer the questions was just that. I wasn't avoiding them I legitimately forgot about them. After posting that I had meant to respond in my next post, but I got preoccupied and forgot about it.

blindfaeth wrote:Post 2 - Kind of the same as above, the addition of "self votes don't ever help" just doesn't read genuinely. This and the next post just made me feel as though you were laying back and acting like you were contributing... and bringing more attention onto DK. To be fair, though, I think part of the reason this kind of thing bothers me so much is because I just find the DK suspicion so ridiculous.

DK's play didn't make sense to me. Self voting never helps anyone. It's the truth. And at first I thought he was a newb-town because of this, which will explain some stuff you addressed later.

blindfaeth wrote:I think I've already said this once this game (in reference to Thor suspecting Ray), but I'll say it again and again and again - because I don't understand you people xD
Why would someone ever want to lynch a townie?
A townsperson alive is ALWAYS better than a townsperson dead, IMO. Because how I read this post was, "I think DK is scum but if he turns up VT, I'm ok with that bc he is suspicious"

You're misreading my post. I didn't want him lynched even if he was a townie. I was willing to take the risk of him being a townie. The difference is I saw too possible paths.
1. We lynch him and he turns up scum. We continue happily as our gamble paid off.
2. We lynch him and he turns up town. The gamble failed but it was worth the risk.

At that point in time, I couldn't fathom him being town. Seriously. Self voting and such as an experienced player? That's insane. I mean I realize now that DK is always like this, but at that point it was ridiculous.

blindfaeth wrote:This is probably the post of yours I disagree with the most. I strongly disliked post 177, and I think 175 was actually one of the few posts of tyhess that I liked! :oops: Another thing I've said before and I'll say again, I really enjoy all the extra time we have to discuss and figure things out. I know you and Thor disagree, but I don't think it was the time to hammer. The point of voting someone and bringing them close to lynch is to see how people react. Sometimes you find save so and so bandwagons, and sometimes it makes them speak more or work hard to prove why they aren't lynchworthy and you can decide from there. Claims too. Etc etc

I trust my gut a lot. I like to get reads off of how people react, whether it be to who died or how someone flipped when lynched. You obviously like to have 20 page day ones so you can get perfect reads on everyone. That's fine. I personally am never a fan of D1 cause it's almost always a ML.
Also, I think at that point in time DK had a really crappy defense and I wasn't a fan, which is why I agreed with 177.

blindfaeth wrote:Ok. so then here you think Thor and Ray are both town. Here, you insist that DK is bad. But then you flip and decide DK is cool. Vanish for 2 days. And decide that Ray is bad now, and DK is looking better and better. Whether or not this is a baddie move, I am extremely interested in a more detailed look into your head regarding this because it was not super thoroughly explained. I get that the back and forth you highlighted between Thor and Ray was what changed your mind. But why the changed mind on DK? Honestly I have a bad feeling it was because he wasn't on the chopping block any longer and no one was buying a hot plate of DK quick lynch.

It was quite literally the moment where I noticed he wasn't a newb player. DK newb-town made sense. DK vet-town did not. After his wall of text, I changed my mind. It wasn't just that, it was all the posts after it. He just became townier. Also, it was in combination with the fact that I realized this was his playstyle. That was a big part of it.

blindfaeth wrote:And really, you had null reads on everyone else at that point?

No one had posted anything really substancial, so yes.
I'm going to ISO everyone today and get some reads.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #495 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

DonJosh wrote:
Shadowmod wrote:
Ray Montano
(7/7) -
Thor665
The Tick
DeityKabuto
TheFool
FightingShadow
DeityKabuto
TheFool
CMPunk
BBmolla
blindfaeth
DonJosh
blindfaeth
DeityKabuto

There are scum on this wagon. No doubt about it.
I'd put my money on TheFool and CMPunk

Half of the town is scum at this point.
3 Mafia
2 Werewolves
1 Seer
4 VTs

So I'd also put money on that, considering that it's impossible for it
not
to have scum on it.

There are at least 2 scum on it in fact.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #501 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

- Town -

• blindfaeth
    - A very good townish player. Blind consistently posts his reads and provides evidence and reasoning for it all. My only thing to note is he does say one or two things every 10 posts or so that make me reread them. Like in post #492:
    blindfaeth wrote:I don't know, but I have a hard time believing that Thor is wrong about both Ray AND I.

At first glance I thought this meant he was calling himself scum, but I think it's just how he worded it. If you could possibly clarify exactly what you meant by this that'd be great.

DeityKabuto
    - Has a very spontaneous playstyle which I am not used to seeing. However, I think his cases, especially his early ones, are well constructed and helpful. Overall his play has improved drastically, and I'd be willing to bet he's town.

Sky
    - Seems town so far, and I think the town flip on Ray supports this.

havingfitz
    - FightingShadow had little content, but the little content provided some good points. Hoping fitz can strengthen a read on him with posts.

Thor665
    - The Tick and Ray flipping town has kind of skewed my view on him for me. I want to say he's town, I really do, but things seem to be pointing otherwise. After reading back, I'd still put him in town territory for now. I really think his interactions with everyone are townish. However a really good case on him could possibly change my view.

TheFool
    - Not much to read off of. More content would be appreciated to create a more solid read.

whispersilk
    - Suspicious of her. #307 urks me a lot because the Thor/Ray conflict was in progress and still she has no reads on either of them. Also, gets anti-town on a player and doesn't explain it? To me this seems to be taking everyone elses reads and applying them to herself so she looks town. Not liking that at all.
    Spoke a bit too soon, I do like #334.
    She's a toss up for me at this point.

DonJosh
    - Provides his thoughts, but no rhyme or reason to them.

CMPunk
    - Not liking this character, calls people scum without backup and just doesn't support what he says with evidence in general. I've got my eye on him.

- Scum -

Here are my current reads, please ask for clarification where needed.

Looking at the wagon:
DonJosh wrote:
Shadowmod wrote:
Ray Montano
(7/7) -
Thor665
The Tick
DeityKabuto
TheFool
FightingShadow
DeityKabuto
TheFool
CMPunk
BBmolla
blindfaeth
DonJosh
blindfaeth
DeityKabuto

I'd say that CM and DonJosh are probably the scum on there. Possibly TheFool and Thor too.
Off the wagon I'd say the scum is probably whisper, and possibly a Sky/Fitz.

I'm aware that I just named 70% of the town as scum, but seeing as 5/10 of the town are scum, I think it's a safe guess.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #522 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

CMPunk wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:
Thor665 wrote:I'm being run up for the scumtell of being "wrong" aren't I?

D1, I asked you if Ray flipped town, would you blame yourself, and you replied 'Yes, I would take the blame'.

Way before that I suspected you, and as a scum it's normal for you to admit taking the blame to appear Townie and confident with your read on Ray.

vote: DeityKabuto

Seems scum would go out of their way to pin this on Thor. Yes, he said he would take the blame if Ray flipped town but that does not make Thor scum IMO. It just made him wrong, like 6 other people were including me (Yes it took 7 to lynch, not just Thor)

Being wrong is NOT scum IMO

Pushing what seems to be a policy lynch on someone who was wrong, simply because they were wrong is Scummy.

Thor had no reason to stick his head out and say if I am wrong I take responsibilty, that is pretty big burden for someone to take, and putting themselves way out in the open, which scum/wolves want to avoid.

Thor is town

I don't like this post at all.

It only reinforces my view on him.

What he's saying makes some sense. The vote on DK doesn't.

"You're voting Thor cause he was wrong about Ray, so I'm going to vote you because you're wrong about Thor!"

CM is buddying Thor hardcore. I'm not liking it at all.

VOTE: CMPunk
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #546 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:17 am

Post by BBmolla »

I've been reading and keeping up, my vote remains on CMPunk.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #553 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Quick question for everyone:
Do you think scum-CM would imply scum-Thor? And vise versa?
Cause CM is buddying Thor pretty hard.
CMPunk wrote:Seems scum would go out of their way to pin this on Thor. Yes, he said he would take the blame if Ray flipped town but that does not make Thor scum IMO. It just made him wrong, like 6 other people were including me (Yes it took 7 to lynch, not just Thor)

CMPunk wrote:Thor is town

CM here displays that he thinks Thor is undoubtedly town which is wierd in itself. This could be because CM-Scum knows Thor-Town is town, or because he's trying to make his scum brother seem more town... or something. I don't think that would be a smart move which is why I'm raising my eyebrow at their relationship.

And ISOing Thor you find only a few CM mentions:
The first is Thor responding to CM about DK and is rather unimportant.

Thor665 wrote:
CMPunk wrote:Very interested as to why, in 27 posts Ray has yet to put his vote anywhere, seems overly cautious to me and could be scum trying not to draw attention to themselves.

I agree with you Thor.

Wait...you're not Thor, *I'm* Thor...but you're almost quoting Thor's case! In any case, Thor is fething brilliant, so you should probably back him up since you think exactly like him and may be as awesome as him too (well, not really, but there's always hope).

I think this would imply it if CM pops scum. Generally I find scum and town do not think alike. Which is another reason I suspect Thor/CM, because their opinion on blind differs heavily compared to mine.

Thor wrote:
havingfitz wrote:What are your thoughts on CMPunk (sorry if you have posted it already).

Posted them today, consider him a likely scumspect, consider him in the less certain pool of three. Would vote, but prefer a vote on Blindfaeth.

@Thor: I'd like you to go more in depth about why you think he's a likely scumspect.

I think CM-Town would imply Thor-Town a little bit, but I don't know if CM-Scum would imply Thor-Scum.
Oh, and I think CM-Scum implies DK-Town. Possibly.

Thoughts?

Also, another question for those not voting CM, what makes CM townier than the person you are currently voting?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #588 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:01 am

Post by BBmolla »

whispersilk wrote:
  • BBmolla - leaning scum

Appears townie, but...

On Ray:

To me, the Ray vote seems like people just wanting to get day 1 over with as opposed to people actually thinking that person is scum. I wouldn't be surprised to find a couple mafia/werewolves on the wagon.

Ray raises a few questions, but atm and after his last few posts I'm getting town on him. Ray's play is odd, namely the no fear of a bandwagon forming on him, but I think it's town sided considering he would know as a town person that him being lynched would not be the end of the game.

Not really. I'm not saying he's a helpful townmember, but I think he's a town member. I don't think a policy lynch on him is what's needed if that's what you're asking.

Two days later, you placed yourself 4th on his wagon (prime scum real estate), apparently after ISO'ing him. I don't like this at all.

I explained this about three times already. I thought DK was a newbie, and that is what explained his behavior. Once I noticed his 2000 posts or whatever I realized his play was really funky and it completely changed my view on him.

whispersilk wrote:
On CMPunk:

I don't like this post at all.

It only reinforces my view on him.

What he's saying makes some sense. The vote on DK doesn't.

"You're voting Thor cause he was wrong about Ray, so I'm going to vote you because you're wrong about Thor!"

CM is buddying Thor hardcore. I'm not liking it at all.

I don't like the way you misrepresented her post. I can understand quite clearly why she voted for DK, and there is no reason why you shouldn't either. This isn't to say that CM is not scum, just that I don't like the way you twisted the reasoning behind her vote for DK and made it look scummy.

I'd say that CM and DonJosh are probably the scum on there. Possibly TheFool and Thor too.
Off the wagon I'd say the scum is probably whisper, and possibly a Sky/Fitz.

I've never seen a more redundant statement. You just named all 3 people off the wagon. Who else could it be, lol?

Will post more reads as soon as I can. I'm also wary of making one giant wall post :good:

5/10 are scu, I named 7/10. For one party I'd say your scum, for the other I'd say it's either Sky or Fitz, but probably not both.

And in regards to CM, you can hate that post all you want, but it's how I read it. Also, if you'll read my post of reads, CM was scummiest on my list, so that post of hers only reinforced my read.

I like your hunting though, reads very town to me.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #590 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by BBmolla »

whispersilk wrote:
BBmolla wrote:I explained this about three times already. I thought DK was a newbie, and that is what explained his behavior. Once I noticed his 2000 posts or whatever I realized his play was really funky and it completely changed my view on him.

My post had absolutely nothing to do with DK, or your suspicions of him. Those were all quotes of yours where you are talking about Ray, and how you believed he was town,
despite
all the votes on him, and
despite
how much other people found him suspicious. You thought Ray was town, and then out of nowhere, you voted for him after ISO'ing him.

My mistake.
Ray seemed misunderstood town at first, and then his anti town behavior became scummy. His arguements with Thor started to make him look scummy, I even pointed it out.

whispersilk wrote:
BBmolla wrote:Okay, pretty sure Ray is scum. His entire defense is discrediting Thor's legit defense instead of trying to prove it wrong in any way.

Discrediting someone is a valid defence, especially when that someone's attack is wishy washy at best, and downright scummy at worst.

I disagree. Saying why an arguement is wrong is a legit defense. Thor said "Ray you've done no scumhunting. Would you like to quote some of the scumhunting and rub my face in it for laughs?" Ray said "I have no interest in doing such thing." That's not a good defense. At all.

whispersilk wrote:
And in regards to CM, you can hate that post all you want, but it's how I read it. Also, if you'll read my post of reads, CM was scummiest on my list, so that post of hers only reinforced my read.

lol, thanks for pointing this out:
your scummiest read on day 1
. So then, why didn't you vote for
her
instead of jumping on the wagon of "towny Ray"?
[/quote]
It was Day 2.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #591 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by BBmolla »

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #649 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Sky wrote:BBmola- null. nothing outwardly suspicious about this kid other than the fact that he's never here.

I'm here, I just don't understand why CMPunk isn't being lynched.

I'd still prefer a CMPunk lynch, but I suppose I'd be fine with a Thor lynch as well. I feel if either one is lynch it'll answer things about the other. Also, my two top town reads are voting Thor, so that's a good sign right there.

I don't want to lynch blind, almost sure he's town.
And I'd rather vote Thor over Sky.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Thor
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #653 (isolation #33) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by BBmolla »

CMPunk wrote:
BBmolla wrote:
I'm here, I just don't understand why CMPunk isn't being lynched.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Thor

so, you don't understand why I am not being lynched... but move wagons anyway.

BB, can you outline a case please, bulletpoints will do.. and also explain why you still are keeping on with your misrep on me over what I asid about DK/Thor

People are saying I am not doing enough to defend myself, present a proper case to me and I will answer all that I can.

right now, I am still happy with my vote on you.

BBmolla wrote:
CMPunk
- Not liking this character, calls people scum without backup and just doesn't support what he says with evidence in general. I've got my eye on him.[/list]

You were my top scumspect, and that post just kind of tipped the scales.

I
don't
understand why you're not being lynched. But if you won't be lynched, there are four other scum that we can lynch, and I think Thor is one of them.

Also, just looking at the wagons, DonJosh, my second scumspect, is voting CMPunk, while both of my top townreads, blind and Deity, are on Thor's. I'm pretty confident with my vote.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #665 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:54 am

Post by BBmolla »

Alright.

First things first, you're a hypocrite. You voted DK without anything solid in post #86.

Then you proceed to say this:
CMPunk wrote:I am sure he is scum. Appaeals to emotion and fear are noted. Someone hammer this scum

No case on him or nothing, he's just auto scum.

And then you do it AGAIN in #303 against Ray. He hasn't voted yet so that makes him auto scum, just like DK was.

Allow me to quote Ray's response here:
Ray wrote:Good reason!

You keep saying I misrepped you, but I think the case on Thor is valid, which is why I think your case on DK is invalid, my town read on DK included.

You're scum simply because you vote without rhyme or reason, and if we would lynch you I'm sure it would quickly lead to some of your scumbuddies.

Is that good enough for you?

It's not so much what you say, it's what you do.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #679 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Thor665 wrote:@Everyone not voting blindfaeth (which is everyone but me) - do ANY of you actually think he's town and wish to flat out state you think he's town. I'd like to know.

Yes.

And the fact you don't is part of what bugs me.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #708 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:54 am

Post by BBmolla »

CMPunk wrote:
TheFool wrote:

PEDIT: Hey, CMPUnk, who other than DK is scum? Your vote is kinda idling.

I feel BB is the other scum, he misrepped me and is still pushing it as right. when it is clearly wrong.

"OH MY GOD BB SUCKS BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I WAS HIS TOP SCUMSPECT HE MISREPPED ME AND VOTED ME, AND IT DEFINITELY WASN'T PARTLY BECAUSE I WAS HIS TOP SCUMSPECT AND PARTLY BECAUSE I WAS BUDDYING THOR IT WAS ALL HAVING TO DO WITH THE MISREP! HE MUST BE SCUM! ONLY BB AND DK ARE SCUM, CAUSE THEY'RE AREN'T FIVE SCUM MEMBERS LEFT IN THE TOWN NO SIR EE, NOT ME AND MY BUDDIES WE'RE NOT SCUM AT ALL."

Sorry my shift key got stuck.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #712 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Thor665 wrote:@BB - if CMPunk is scummy for buddying me - then why are you voting me? Do you think he looks scummy because he's buddying scum? Because...

That, and the fact that you both think my townreads are scum.

I feel your lynch will only enforce his.

What is your current view on CMPunk? You said you found him scummy but have given no mention of him, and to me that just screams scumteam.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #716 (isolation #38) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by BBmolla »

His overall play is very townlike. His cases have been solid and well thought out, and overall just seems town to me.
I mean, there aren't specific towntelling phrases that he drops, it's just how he is playing screams town.

Your CM read just seems to be PoE, and I hate PoE.

I'm not voting Blindfaeth. However, if you vote CMPunk, I will unvote you, and vote CMPunk.
If you truly think he's scum vote him.

If not, my vote remains on you.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #718 (isolation #39) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Ugh. :S

I was going to use #416 as an example but then I realized it's all an analysis of what occured that day and doesn't provide any scumhunting.
And it appears Blind is buddying DK...

UNVOTE:

I need to do some rereading. Something doesn't feel right.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #736 (isolation #40) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:01 am

Post by BBmolla »

CMPunk wrote:Hey, BB.. still awaiting your response on this post

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p3371720

you seem to ignore every point I have countered with hard facts.b Especially the one where you say I don't give reasons with my votes which by looks of it is your main case. which I have proven as false.

There's no point in arguing, you'll just argue back with bad reasons, then I'll tell you your reasoning is bad, and you'll argue that with more bad reasoning. Arguing with you is pointless. I doubt I'll be voting you today anyways, the other canidates provide more info.

I'd like Thor and Blindfaeth to make a huge case on the other, linking to any previous cases they made as well. I think they are on opposing sides, I just need to figure out if it's scum vs. scum or scum vs. town, and if the latter is the case, which is which.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #750 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:14 am

Post by BBmolla »

Blind you're killing me seriously.

I need to know if you guys would prefer a no lynch, because I am tempted to vote Blind right now.

Thor's case was good, and he has been consistently good today. I wanted to see if Blind could create a case that could match up to it or top it. However he managed to choose choice C by saying "lol brb tomorrow guis :D"

Ugh.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #756 (isolation #42) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Alright, well I won't have time to post tomorrow by the deadline, so I'm just going to go with this.

VOTE: Blind

I was really disappointed with your play today. I would feel wrong to vote Thor.

I hope this is right.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #774 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Thor

Ugh. I should have just gone with my gut yesterday.

Sorry Blind.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #797 (isolation #44) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:47 am

Post by BBmolla »

@Thor:
Your case
was
good. And BF
didn't
match it. I was so conflicted because I thought BF was town but he wasn't showing it.
My vote on you mainly has to do with the BF town flip. I said earlier that I don't think that you guys are on the same side, and I still don't.

I still think DK is town. Especially after BF's flip.

I'm unsure of fitz. I don't think you two are on the same side, but that doesn't neccesarily make him town.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #811 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:18 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 810, whispersilk wrote:Come on scum, just hammer your buddy ffs. I haven't got all day.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #843 (isolation #46) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:11 am

Post by BBmolla »

@CMPunk: Explain your town read on Thor.
@DonJosh: Do you think Thor is town? How do you feel about him thinking you are town but wanting to lynch you?
@Sky: Explain your town read on Thor.

^At least one of these guys are scum.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #850 (isolation #47) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:28 am

Post by BBmolla »

@Thor:
Mostly due to the Blind flip.

You're good at arguing/convincing. Which stopped you from getting lynched yesterday. Not again.

The contradiction with DonJosh only adds to it. That read very much as "lynch anyone but me."

And Blind flipping town only reinforces my DK town read, I'd like to throw this out there.

Whisper is probable town.

ATM I'm really leaning towards a CM/Thor scum team.
Check this post out:
Not only does Fool, whose confirmed scum, defend Thor, but CMPunk follows and does the exact same thing.
That is in addition to CM's town read on Thor, and Thor refusing to vote CM.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #853 (isolation #48) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:45 am

Post by BBmolla »

@Whisper: Link would be appreciated.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #918 (isolation #49) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I have nothing to contribute. There's no way I'm letting Thor get away from the lynch today.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #936 (isolation #50) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Well. Thor's wagon seems to have dissolved. Which is extremely depressing.
A NL would screw town over, so I'll unvote for now and decide which of these other wagons I support.

UNVOTE:

Feel free to speak up and summarize your case on the person you're voting.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #947 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:21 am

Post by BBmolla »

This is how it looks fmpov:

Town:
Me
Whisper
DK
?(This is the spot I'm unsure of)

Either Scum Or The Final Town Slot:
Sky
Fitz
DonJosh
CMPunk

Scum:
Thor

By lynching one of the middle four we have a 3/4 chance of lynching scum.

I'm inclined to believe that DJ is scum because of the current wagon containing DK and Whisper, but CMPunk also remains scummy. The problem is I know at least two on CM's wagon are scum. So for now.

VOTE: DonJosh
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #949 (isolation #52) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:10 am

Post by BBmolla »

Rephrase please, I'm not following.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #987 (isolation #53) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 am

Post by BBmolla »

Someone should really hammer DonJosh. He's not even offering up any sort of defense even though he's at L-1.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1021 (isolation #54) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:35 am

Post by BBmolla »

ATM, I think sky or fitz are the last town member in the four scum, so I'm willing to hammer CM. I still believe DJ and Thor are scum.

Claim. This is intent to switch.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1024 (isolation #55) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:19 am

Post by BBmolla »

She said weekend V/LA, I'll wait until were closer to the deadline.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1266 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 am

Post by BBmolla »

Well. Good game.

I thought I was having a pretty good game up until Day 3, then I just got really lazy. Take note, I don't think a wagon started up for me anywhere, so at some point I pretty much decided I was free to do whatever the hell I wanted.

Thor is a scary fellow.

Good game all.

In regards to the setup, it's extremely tough for wolves to win in my opinion. Not only are they gimped on members as opposed to the mafia, they also have a cop who only sees them. So, in order for us to win, we have to:

1. Stay alive.
2. Kill the seer.
3. Kill mafia or get them lynched.

If one wolf dies, the seer lives, or 2/3 of the mafia lives, wolves pretty much lose.

In general the rules regarding kingmaker in this setup should be made clearer.

Besides that, you were a really good mod Shadow, your flavor was spectacular and you were constantly on me for not posting, sorry for flaking.

EDIT: Alright, never mind my saying it's extremely tough for werewolves, according to the wiki werewolves actually have quite a few wins. Killing the seer is essential though, in all werewolf wins the seer dies in one of the first two nights.

Return to “Completed Open Games”