TT; Book 1: Bible Verse Mafia - Game over!

RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:01 am

Post by RoadBird »

Random vote: Tyfo
although Mastermind of Sin sounds more appropriate to vote for in this case ;)
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:50 am

Post by RoadBird »

Flying Dutchman, what do you mean by "neither makes any sense in this setting"? Did some explain the setting?

little bit off topic :

http://www.thebricktestament.com/
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:44 pm

Post by RoadBird »

Ok

Unvote: Tyfo

Vote: Coron
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:58 am

Post by RoadBird »

Unvote Coron
Vote VisMaior

Inconsistancy rules :)
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:59 am

Post by RoadBird »

*scratches the back of his head*

right......
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:23 am

Post by RoadBird »

And after night 1 God......euh......Mod decided to list a group of players. And he made the players clickable to see their posts. And Vismaior says:
VisMaior wrote:that does not say a lot. He has 0.
Actually I have three issueposts. The first was #59. Ok it's only half an issue post. Only because Flying Dutchman didn't answer my question and I didn't make a scene about it, doesn't make it a nonissue post. And since when are votes nonissue? If voting is nonissue then lynching someone is too.
Flying Dutchman wrote:Dude, you should only be bolding stuff that is meant for the mod or really important and short (Like a FOS). Stop being silly and confusing to the mod and us like this.....
Coron why are you confusing our Mod? ;) But beside that, you tried to push people into voting for me twice now. I like persistency in people but you make it sound completely logical that I am scum (although I still don't understand how a bibleverse can be scum). Why the eagerness all of a sudden?

Anyway, I will follow any bandwagon on day one. I've been playing that way for years now and I might have missed something in the past year of not playing but I haven't seen better tactics. So Coron lets make a deal. But Coron you seem to like Mastermind of Sin's idea better
Mastermind of Sin wrote:why not just not vote at all yet???
Yes lets all sit back and wait for a few months until Iammars gets bored and starts writing his 25-50 words mith ordered him to. Then we can all vote him for posting. Or better yet. Lets all vote no lynch. Well Coron your mathematical formulas seem to work. Tell me how much would scum gain from that?

Ow and don't forget to answer the question "Why the eagerness all of a sudden?"
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:37 pm

Post by RoadBird »

mith wrote:Yikes, it's been a while, I'd forgotten how incoherent Roadbird is...
Ouch....
mith wrote:Might I suggest that you haven't seen better tactics because you have been too busy not paying attention to the game during day 1?

(And from the one game I remember playing with you in, you'll follow any bandwagon on day X and throw the game away because it's lynch or lose. The play style you are advocating is harmful to the town, and I am quite happy to lynch you just for that if I don't form any strong suspicions as we near the day's end. But I probably will, because I get involved instead of mindlessly bandwagoning hopping.)
I don't care what your recollection of events is. You are willing to lynch me over a memory that is incorrect, but I'm not allowed to have an oppinion on day-one tactics. Well, I'm using it even if you get me lynched over and over again.
mith wrote:I'm leaning toward a VisMaior vote at the moment, but I'd like to hear from MoS and Roadbird again first.
Merry Christmas
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:42 pm

Post by RoadBird »

EnderX wrote:Especially since it appears that RoadBird is trying to set up a good reason for us to see him as the victim.

I might be incorrect in this, but that sounds like a strawman argument to me, and as I understand it, such an argument is usually only made because the facts won't support the idea being presented.
Lol. I think it has more to do with mith telling me I'm a lousy player based on a game from years ago. You might call it sidetracking but at least I post.
EnderX wrote:As a result, I'd like to submit that the following be considered as potential scum verses:

Judges 9:53 and 2 Samuel 11:21.

The Judges reference reads "a woman dropped an upper millstone on his head and cracked his skull." (KJV Reads as "And a certain woman cast a piece of a millstone upon Abimelech's head, and all to brake his skull.")

The 2 Samuel reference makes reference to the events recorded in the Judges reference.
A millstone is rather large. To be struck by a stone it must be thrown. I don't think you can throw a millstone. I was thinking more in the lines of 2 samuel 16:13 and John 8:7. This being a trilogy I'm not sure Cadmium used the new testament though and I'm not sure how someone without sins could be scum :)
VitaminR wrote:Some other things that struck me on the re-read:
I was surprised by how fast the Coron wagon took off and how many people blindly followed mith. It also makes me slightly suspicious of mith, because he almost seemed to be directing the chaotic bandwagon voting.
VitaminR, could you explain to me which bandwagon he is directing? Him being one of the last people to vote for Vis. And all the people mindlessly ;) bandwagoning Coron couldn't possibly be his doing.

Anyway, I'm sticking with Vis.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:03 pm

Post by RoadBird »

armlx wrote:Despite Vis's blantant wagonnery, Roadbird's trying to keep lowish key IMO is the deciding factor here.
as in "not being active"?

btw. Is that PookyBearSomething still playing?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:20 am

Post by RoadBird »

In verse 8 & 9 God is speaking.

Unvote
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:17 pm

Post by RoadBird »

Vote: Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman wrote:Since neither makes any sense in this setting.
Since you brought it up again:

What is the setting? Are you trying to tell us that there are no normal roles because we have a bible verse iso a name.
LyingBrian wrote:i don't think we have 2 hiders in the game....
Besides the extremely bad quoting you are implying that God....euh...Mod will not tell us whether someone had a particular role. What do you base that spooky thought on?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:15 pm

Post by RoadBird »

Flying Dutchman wrote:Stop partial quoting, please!
You are right. I'm sorry.
Flying Dutchman wrote:Are we thinking "Cowardly Reporter" or "Commuter"? Since neither makes any sense in this setting.
Flying Dutchman wrote:Since in the time the Bible stories happen (Before 100 AC, roughly) there are no reporters and no commuters in the normal sense I considered those out-of-setting. What's so weird about that?!
I completely agree with you here. A Cowardly Reporter or Commuter would be completely out-of-setting. But you know as well as the rest of us that we only have a bible verse and do not have a role. I thought that was the reason why you typed "Commuter" instead of just Commuter. So what's so weird about that? You suggesting we have roles with names. I'll stick with my vote.
LyingBrian wrote:i'm not sure i understand this question fully... if you're asking why i think Cadmium will not reveal the roles, the answer is b/c he said he wouldn't
Hm. I completely missed that for some reason. My bad.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:09 am

Post by RoadBird »

Actually there is one verse in the bible that speaks of an italian family. A sicilian family I believe. Don't know where it was.

I still see no reason to unvote FD.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:53 am

Post by RoadBird »

w00t! 4 votes on day one. I think that's a record for me.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:14 pm

Post by RoadBird »

Uhm....

Wouldn't it be a better idea to get some people talking iso lynching a townie without any reason accept putting in ninth vote?

Imo I did exactly what I said I would do. I followed a bandwagon.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:59 am

Post by RoadBird »

Mod
Could Kerplunk and Coron be prodded?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:19 am

Post by RoadBird »

Vote: LyingBrian

Ow and maybe it'll be of any use later on. I have no night choice.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:23 pm

Post by RoadBird »

[quote="LyingBrian]interesting that the person closest to a lynch is trying to start a new bandwagon rather than explain why HIS bandwagon is not valid... VERY scummy, RoadBird, and YOU should know better...[/quote]

Surprisingly interesting theory, that the person considered as the most scummy person atm is able to start a new bandwagon by simply voting.

Since I already mentioned I am a "townie" and I also said I have no nightchoice what more do you want to hear?

I am under the assumption that I will get lynched today. When I do maybe you people are going to actually focus on the people not participating at all.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:09 am

Post by RoadBird »

uhm....I think we passed january 6 days ago....
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:01 am

Post by RoadBird »

VisMaior wrote:Also, any claims, rodabird?
Psalm 107:8 baut what's the use?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:35 pm

Post by RoadBird »

bleh...

I do not have a role period. I don't care if you people believe me now. Just use that info when my verse turns up black.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:06 am

Post by RoadBird »

@VisMaior:

Are you telling me it's better for a townie to lie about his role? That a townie should claim something else and confuse the rest of the pro-town players? That's lame.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:50 am

Post by RoadBird »

So if another townie finds himself in the same position tomorrow he should be lynched too? All townies should be lynched for the sake of the team? I think lynching me is an affordable loss, but lynching townies just because they're townies isn't a good thing.

If I hadn't believe your claim you would have my vote by now.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:11 am

Post by RoadBird »

Which one is it? "Suspicious townies should be lynched" or "Townies should be lynched because scum may start claiming townie"?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:31 am

Post by RoadBird »

@mith: Why did you do that?!

@Pooky: If it says I have no night choice. Next time I get such a message I'll try to start the improbability drive.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:01 am

Post by RoadBird »

No he claims verse 107:31. I claim 107:8. Those are different verses with the same content. I missed out on his hints.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:35 am

Post by RoadBird »

@Fritzler: Becasue mith claimed he gave a thrid person away as well, but since all four are known maybe it's best.

I'm not willing to vote for VisMaior. I still believe his claim. I'm sticking with LyingBrian. Twisting words and then blaming someone for doing it is added to the list of reasons.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:27 pm

Post by RoadBird »

LB I was refering to the part where you changed armlx being a vanilla-townie from possibly to known fact and then using it to prove I'm lying.

But since you are one away from lynch....
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:28 pm

Post by RoadBird »

hmpf..... miscount.....since you are two away from lynch....
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:42 am

Post by RoadBird »

Everyone with a Numbers 35 verse please raise your hand
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:53 pm

Post by RoadBird »

I'm a bit curious about DP's tendency to vote for Thoth and inHim's vote for VitaminR. Am I misinterpreting VitaminR and Thoth's posts?

Since inHim is found not guilty by LML i'll
vote DP
. If LML's investigations are correct (and if he really is a cop) it will work itself out later on. DP has contributed as much to finding scum as Pooky but rereading some games told Pooky is not playing any different than usual.

Fritzler's overdefensiveness strikes me as somewhat odd too.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:59 pm

Post by RoadBird »

One more thing
VisMaior wrote:Also, FOS armlx

Post please, too!
He's dead! Pay attention.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #513 (isolation #32) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:47 am

Post by RoadBird »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:I'm soooooo tempted to vote Thoth on the off-chance that he is scum, and will not stop gloating if we let him get away with this.....
I didn't say you voted for Thoth.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by RoadBird »

@inhim.

That's a lot of info which I don't understand fully but maybe if I stare at it for another hour it will get clearer ;) I have a few questions though
inHimshallibe wrote:I'm willing to clear CA of any ties with PB.
What exactly are you trying to say?

Furthernore I would like to hear the arguments you have against Thoth. Let me point out post #389
Thoth wrote:Yes, missed the hints. Sorry.
Which is an answer to mith's post about the hints he made towards Psalm 107. I wrote him down as being one of my fellow townies together with mith and VitaminR. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

I also think we should be careful with the assumption that LyingBrian was pro-town. That he was town is true but I consider him a mafia spy of some sort. Considering the fact that the bad guys seem to die when they attempt a nightkill, the scum might end up with no collegues in no time which would make it possible that Cadmium build in some sort of replacement system. LyingBrian's verse would be a nice description for that. Again please correct me if I'm wrong.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #556 (isolation #34) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:10 pm

Post by RoadBird »

@inhim

So you mean you think there aren't four townies having a psalm 107-verse and Thoth took the wild guess and claimed one? Is that correct?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (isolation #35) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:19 pm

Post by RoadBird »

I consider post #389 that I've mentioned earlier a claim. I've asked twice now if I am incorrect with that assumption and have had not reaction.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #562 (isolation #36) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:49 am

Post by RoadBird »

bleh....*throws out is scrapbook*

I need to re-read
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:39 pm

Post by RoadBird »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It's a separation effect that I believe could be very useful later in the game.
Could you please clarify.

I was wondering how many more votes it'll take to make you claim.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #580 (isolation #38) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:34 pm

Post by RoadBird »

unvote

I'm starting to hear an echo. Not willing to claim. Keeps on ranting about random bandwaging. Sound like Flying Dutchman.

You have made it clear to me that you are not a townie. Nonetheless I would like DP to answer your question too.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #598 (isolation #39) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:45 am

Post by RoadBird »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:That's the point DP, there ARE NO LINES IN A TOWNIE PM FOR YOU TO QUOTE.
That is incorrect. My PM contains another line next to my bible verse but I still have no choices and still am just a townie. Defend yourself before you get my vote.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (isolation #40) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:51 am

Post by RoadBird »

Assuming scum isn't paying attention is dangerous play.

I've attacked Pooky directly and did not get a response.

vote Pooky
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #607 (isolation #41) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:56 am

Post by RoadBird »

@CA: Why did you vote for mith? What was the reasoning?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #613 (isolation #42) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:21 am

Post by RoadBird »

Any vig around to take a shot at Fritzler tonight? WTF is that man?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (isolation #43) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:30 am

Post by RoadBird »

I sure hope so for Fritzler's sake
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #617 (isolation #44) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:36 am

Post by RoadBird »

Vote with no reason? I think it would be an option to consider if Pooky turns up town.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #635 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:58 am

Post by RoadBird »

Fritzler, what makes you sure you're not paranoide and what were the rest of your investigations?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #636 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:01 am

Post by RoadBird »

hm....Ok you probably did get scum in the rest of your investigations which clears you from being paranoide. This headache is killing me.

I agree on waiting for LML.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #676 (isolation #47) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:42 pm

Post by RoadBird »

Hmpf! You get a little flu and you miss all the fun :(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”