Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:24 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Last edited by Mr. Grey on Mon May 15, 2006 9:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:34 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

The Guide

Participation and Post Content

1. All posts must have a minimum of 5 sentences and a minimum of 30 words contained in those sentences. Players should check their grammar and spelling as much as is possible, for the sake of readability.
2. All players must post every real-time day (8pm GMT - 8pm GMT) but one during game Days. Players absent for two consecutive real-life days will be up for replacement.
3. Most (possibly all) roles will have a post restriction associated with them.
4. Failure to meet the minimum posting requirements or post restriction will result in some sort of penalty for the first offense. For subsequent failures in addition to the same penalty where applicable, the offending player will also automatically be on the lynching block (see below).
5. Votes, Unvotes, Nominations, and Unnominations (see below) should be posted in bold (
Vote: Steve
Unnominate: Fred, Nominate: Mabel, Jabberwock
) on a separate line at the end of a post.
6. No tags or smilies are allowed, except for bold tags for voting/nominating, and italics for emphasis.
7. Quotation of previous posts (using quotation marks, or otherwise) should be limited to words or short phrases; likewise, referencing post numbers or anything else to do with the forum is discouraged. Roleplay a bit (or a lot).
8. Talking about the Moderator during the game is forbidden. If you have a question about your role, ask it by PM. If it's something that everyone needs to be aware of, the Moderator will clarify it publicly.
9. The intent of the Verbose ruleset is to encourage participation and post content. Posts should be on topic and should attempt to follow the spirit of these rules. If the Moderator feels you are posting contrary to the spirit of the rules, you may receive a warning or be replaced.

Timing

1. Day will take place in two phases, each on a fixed schedule.
2. The first (nomination) phase will last 3 real-time days. During this phase, players may not vote, but will instead nominate players to be up for lynching. Players may nominate (up to) three other players.
3. The top three nominated players will be on the lynching block; however, a minimum of 2 nominations is required (so less than three may be eligible), and if there is a tie for the third-most nominations (2 or more) all will be included (so more than three may be eligible).
4. The second (voting) phase will last 3 real-time days. Players may vote during this phase to lynch someone on the lynching block.
5. If a player eligible to be lynched has a majority of the living players' votes at the end of the voting phase, that player will be lynched. Otherwise, no one will be lynched. Note that day does not end when a majority is reached; rather, day ends when the voting phase deadline hits.
6. Night will last 2 real-time days. Players are encouraged to send choices early where possible.
7. For the purposes of this game, the weekend (Friday 8pm GMT - Sunday 8pm GMT) will be considered one real-time day.

General Rules

1. Have fun, and don't be a jerk.
2. Don't even apply for a place in this game if you aren't going to participate. Read all the rules carefully and make sure you will be able to follow them. Unexpected things do come up, and in that case, let the Moderator know as soon as possible so a replacement can be found, but if you just flake, expect to be barred from future mith games for a while.
3. No editing or deleting your posts.
4. Four legs good, two legs better!
5. No invisible text; no extraneous formatting tags.
6. When you're dead, you're dead. No posting in the game thread until the game is over, unless you role specifies otherwise.
7. Get your choices in before the deadlines. If your choice is not received, a random choice will be made for the first night, no choice for subsequent nights.
8. Breaking any of the rules will likely result in one or two PMed warnings and a mod-kill for any future offense, if not an immediate mod-kill (depending on the severity of the offense). Mod-killing will end day or not in whatever way is worst for the offending player. If you see a rule broken, do not post about it in the thread, PM the mod.
9. Even if deliberately breaking a rule is to your side's benefit, it will probably get you banned from future mith games. Don't do it.
10. No referring to the Moderator in the game thread. All questions to the Moderator should be PMed.
11. Some rules are more equal than others.
12. The Moderator is always right. Accept the Moderator's decisions, and if you want to discuss them, take it to private messages, or do so after the game has finished.

Sample Role PM

Player
: XXXX
Role Name
: You are John Doe, the Generic Role PM!
Role Description
: You're not even on this trip, but you'll probably end up getting lynched. You always get blamed for everything. "John Doe did this", "John Doe did that".
Role Details
:
You have no abilities. You win when all evil players are eliminated.

Post Restriction
: You aren't playing, so you aren't allowed to post at all. Ha!
Posting Requirements/Restrictions, First Failure
: Failing during the Day will result in your Role PM being put in the second post of the thread. Considering you are required to post but are not allowed to, you're pretty screwed, huh. In fact, I think I'll go ahead and carry out your punishment.

If you have any questions about your role or abilities, please ask. Confirm your participation by joining the pre-flight party.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:35 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

The Guests

Alive (3)

Fiasco (Benito Amilcare Andrea Mussolini, the Fascist Dictator!)
HalfMan, replacing Commodore Amazing (Marcus Junius Brutus, the Traitor!)
Thok (Nero Claudius Cæsar Augustus Germanicus, the Crazy Emperor!)

Dead (18)

Phoebus (Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin, the Token Corpse!) - beaten, stabbed, shot, poisoned, and head a-sploded Night 0.
Turbovolver (El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, the Token Character!) - lynched Day 1.
Kelly Chen (Jonathan Edwards, the Preacher!) - committed suicide by burning Night 1.
Adele (Savinien Cyrano de Bergerac, the Poet!) - walked the plank Day 2.
mathcam (Huey Pierce Long, the Filibuster...er!) - committed suicide by drowning Night 2.
LoudmouthLee (Alexander VI, the Controversial Pope!) - assassinated Day 3.
Fritzler (Σωκράτης, the Tree Stump!) - drank the poison Day 4.
DrippingGoofball (Colonel Robert Green Ingersoll, the Agnostic!) - committed suicide by burial Night 4.
PookyTheMagicalBear (Derren Brown, the Serial Killer!) - shot Night 4.
Seol (Perry Mason, the Defense Attorney!) - eaten Day 5.
Tamuz (Chantelle Houghton, the Fake Celebrity!) - evicted Day 6.
the silent speaker (Italo Calvino, the Writer!) - killed by the Guests, in the Study, with the Candlestick, Day 7.
Werebear (John Locke, the Doctor!) - killed in some unknown creative way, Day 8.
VitaminR (Screaming Lord Sutch, 3rd Earl of Harrow, the Suicidal!) - jumped from the roof, Night 9.
Cogito Ergo Sum (Sister Grace Voluble, the Satanic Nun!) - bludgeoned with a lead pipe, Night 9.
petroleumjelly (Sister Mary Loquacious, the Satanic Nun!) - stabbed in the back, Night 9.
mikeburnfire (Sister Gabriella "Gabby" Gregarious, the Satanic Nun!) - outnumbered, Day 10.
SpamWise (Demosthenes, the Prosecutor!) - outnumbered, Day 10.
Last edited by Mr. Grey on Fri May 05, 2006 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:54 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

The Package

You are relaxing in your nice, comfortable, expensive chair, sipping your drink of choice, when there is a knock on the door. You don't want to get up to answer it; you are far too content. Eventually, curiosity wins out, and you drag yourself over to the door.

There is no one there. You look around outside, but it is too dark to see very far, and anyway there is no sound to indicate that there is anything to see. You curse the neighborhood children under your breath, and are about to turn back inside, when you glance down and notice a package. You look around again quickly, and then pick it up and bring it inside.

Attached to the package is a small envelope. You open it, and read the note inside.

Dear
CENSORED

You are cordially invited to attend a small gathering. Your host, Mr. Grey, will arrange for transportation and accommodation. Unfortunately, for security reasons, the location of this event can not be disclosed at this time. However, Mr. Grey would like to assure you it will be to your advantage to attend. A car will arrive tomorrow morning at 8:00. Please hold on to this invitation, and wear the enclosed mask when you answer the door.

Setting the note aside for the moment, you open the box. As suggested by the note, there is a mask inside. It looks as if it was molded specifically to fit your face. It is solid black, except for some letters on the forehead. You smile to yourself as you notice that these letters happen to correspond to an internet alias that you occasionally use.

Your smile quickly disappears when you look beneath the mask. There are several photographs, which look to have been taken by some sort of hidden camera. You are in them. You shouldn't be - you don't recognize the men and women in the pictures with you - but you know that if these pictures came out it could cause you a lot of trouble. They may be fake, but no one but you would be able to tell the difference. You see now what the invitation was referring to when it said it would be to your advantage to attend.

You have trouble sleeping, as your dreams bring to life the doctored photographs you received. You wake up early, and have no desire to return to your dreams, so you find yourself ready to go before 8. You pick up the mask you have been provided and put it on. It has straps which you connect behind your head with a metallic snap.

The door knocks. A stereotypical chauffeur greets you. He takes your luggage, and you follow him to the car. You try to make some small talk, but there is no response from the driver, so you soon give up and look out the window. You pay close attention to where you are being taken, but eventually you realize that you must be headed for the airport. You arrive there without further incident.

You are led through the airport security quickly, without even a second glance from the guards (though those waiting in line seem quite annoyed that you don't have to wait and they do). You are lead into a small room, where others wearing similar masks are also waiting. Before long, there are 21 of you that are wearing masks, and one that is not. It can't be the mysterious host, though, unless he has a very peculiar sense of humor. His outfit is entirely shades of green.

"I believe that is everyone? Yes? Good. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Mr. Green. I am Mr. Grey's assistant. I hope everyone had a pleasant ride to the airport. Unfortunately, it will be a little bit longer before our flight will be ready to leave. In the meantime, I hope you will take this opportunity to get to know each other a little bit better. Please, help yourselves to a drink, I will return when everything is ready."
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:48 am

Post by Fritzler »

Fritzler helps himself to a drink. Fritzler gets out a couple bottles of tequilla and 5 shots glasses. He sits at a table for 5. He motions to Seol, Pooky, LML and Cam. "Any of you want to do wicked tequilla shots with me?" he says and then he downs a shot.

Seriously this will be wicked awesome. I'm ready to lynch
scum
CA.
Surfs up dude.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:02 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

So? Anyone wanna point Fritzler to the rules?

Anyway I'm looking forward to the actual game. Tamuz'll probably be getting my "random" vote and nomination. I mean, he's obviously scum. If he wasn't, he would've said something by now.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:05 am

Post by Fritzler »

You mean that whole nomination thing? I got it down. I'll nominate him first (if im sober enough to remember to do it).

Fritz downs another shot of tequilla

So am I going to be the only one drinking? Seriously, you all make me sad.
Surfs up dude.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:18 am

Post by Turbovolver »

I shall certainly join in the drinking... "Fritzler".

Turbovolver orders a sugary cocktail.

Hey, why are you looking at me like that?
Perhaps I just don't want to give away my true character...

Turbovolver mumbles to himself

...or perhaps I just like cocktails.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:23 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Turbovolver suddenly looks horrified. Some of the other masked faces seem to notice, so he quickly adds

Never mind, I think it was just some reflux. I'm fine now.

But he still looks rather troubled. He stands up and stretches.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:41 am

Post by VitaminR »

VitaminR strolls in nonchalanty, deeply disturbed by the lack of spectacle surrounding his entrance. Where are the smoke machines? Or the flames?WHERE'S MY INTRO MUSIC?

Someone bring me music and a drink. Also, get these harrowing lights dimmed.

I'm offering 150 pounds, no... make that 500, for a good piece of intro music.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:52 am

Post by Seol »

I, for one, would
love
a tequila. I've had a bit of a stressful day. So, yes, Fritzler, I'll join you and have a sit-down, as a nice quite drink is just what I need.

Does anyone have any salt and lemon?

I also agree with Fritz, in that Commodore Amazing is looking
incredibly
scummy to me right now. I'm very much looking forward to lynching him tomorrow.

That will be fun.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:56 am

Aye, it'll be fun, but why "tomorrow"? Why wait when you can lynch him today?

And I have a lemon. It is a fun lemon. The lemon speaks to me at night of the great trees of its youth. It's quite touching, to be honest.

Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:04 am

Post by Seol »

We're talking semantic arguments here, but day hasn't started yet. If it had, I would be able to nominate Commodore Amazing. A day which has not yet started, but which will be the next day to occur, is called
"tomorrow"

For clarity's sake, I will restate my earlier comment as "I am very much looking forward to lynching Commodore Amazing at the
first possible opportunity
". I wouldn't want anyone to misunderstand my intentions.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:07 am

Post by Fritzler »

"The Final Countdown" by Eurpoe comes on for turbovolver

Fritz says, "A trick is something a whore does for money" looks at Kelly, and then says, "Or candy."

Fritz really hopes that someone else got that joke. (will someone tell me if they do?) Fritz also hopes his buddies will take the other seats at the table. It will be fun.
Surfs up dude.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:20 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Turbovolver smiles as he hears the music come on, and laughs at Fritzler's joke. He recognizes the reference.

Except for the candy part... my memory's hazy on that one.

He admits, before going on a short spiel about one of the episodes as he takes his seat.

Does anybody else want something to eat too?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:29 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I didn't get the joke, Fritzler, but you don't need to explain. It's best not to joke about whores... They might appear, and steer you to hellfire.

Though no one offered me a drink specifically, I don't mind saying that it's wrong to drink and I won't be doing any. I'm up for lynching the heathen Commodore Amazing, though, before he gets me first.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:33 am

Today is today. Why limit ourselves with artificial boundaries, Seol? It will always be today, nothing more, nothing less.

On a totally unrelated note, lemmings are not, in fact, suicidal. Surprising, isn't it?

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:57 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

PetroleumJelly merrily waddles in, ruffling her clothes in confusion, and making a bee-line towards Seol.

“I remember you asking for... oh, dearie me” she pouts, “I seem to have misplaced my salt”. As a matter of habit, she lifts up her arms and pats herself down in numerous locations. “My, I certainly do have a habit of misplacing things, these days.” She adjusts the black mask over her face, worriedly, wondering for the eighth time if she had forgotten to close the front gates at home.

Turning back to Seol, she inquires, “But exactly what good shall it do us to lynch Commodore Amazing before hearing from him? At least he ought to be able to give us a good chatting with, unlike this silly John Doe character. Utterly preposterous: being invited here only to sit about docilely without saying a peep. I say that he ought to be the first to go!”
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:04 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Mikeburnfire slumped over in his chair. He jerked his eyes around, but attempted to avoid eye contact. He had been jumpy ever since the doctored photographs appeared at his doorstep and every moment made him more cautious. It didn't help that this situation seemed to be ripped directly out of the pages of the Clue books he read as a kid. He looked around, half-expecting Ms. Peacock or Colonel Mustard to show up to compliment Mr Green.

Instead, he saw a few familiar faces and a few unfamiliar faces. LML, DrippingGoofball, and Cogito were some that he recognized, but Turbovolver, petroleumjelly, and WereBear were among the several he had never met. He saw a few people whispering about killing Commodore Amazing before he had even said anything and noted this down in his head. Somebody offered MikeBurnFire an alcoholic drink, but he worked a false smile and politely declined. He wasn't about to have anything alcoholic under such strage circumstances, let alone something offered to him by somebody else.

He reached into his bag and pulled out a nice, safe can of cola, opening it and putting it to his nose so that he could feel the bubbles burst in his face. He took a quick sip while keeping his eyes on the room. The soda was warm, but at least it wasn't tainted.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:13 pm

Post by Adele »

I agree, Mr Sum, that it is a truism that today is today, much the same as the statement "tomorrow never comes". This is merely wordplay, however; Seol was simply saying that now is not the correct time for certain behaviour.

I'd be happy to join Fritzler for a drink, although I am unfamiliar with these wines - which has the best flavour? Can any of you recommend one?

Ms Chen, you seem to be of religious inclinations. While I respect that, I must wonder how well you will enjoy time spent with a group that appears, on first glance, to be decidedly more open to temptations?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:19 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Adele is in this game? Oh shit.

Grabs an extra chair and shot glass for adele. Stumbles, but then gets back up.

Be a real man, come down shots of tequilla with us. Seriously, why not?

PS How long till we lynch CA? I'm ready to nominate and lynch him now.
Surfs up dude.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:37 pm

Post by Thok »

Ah, I see people have started to arrive; does this make me fashionably late? I'm tempted to order a Scotch, but I think I'll pass for the moment and just try some of the appetizers. The cocktail shrimp look delectable and I always enjoy a nice platter of mixed nuts. But where is the caviar? Even at its current prices, one must have caviar at this sort of affair.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Adele, respecting others' religious inclinations is the surest prescription for a fiery damnation. I waggle a finger of righteous suspicion at you.

I'm hoping that once all the drinking dies down, we'll aid each other in practicing our French. This is a great opportunity for speaking practice with a large number of people. If there are any French experts in the crowd, would they mind indicating themselves by a raise of the hand?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Pooky had a look of impassive amusement upon his face as he calmly observed the guests with him. As he watched the smoke dance across the room from half a dozen pipes, his gaze fell upon a ravishing young beauty in a crimson gown. Her eyes spoke of an evanescent joy, soft as down and swift as the wind. As Pooky stalked across the room towards this delectable vision, he wondered what her face looked like underneath that mask. Pooky thought he saw the faintest hint of a smile as he took his seat next to her. Pulling out a bottle of Montrachet '78 from his carrying case, he poured her a modest glass.

"The flavour of the '78 is said to be absolutely exquisite, experts say that no other wine is more reflective of the Terroir in which its grown. In my opinion it's texture is superb and it's flavor is delightful. At 24,000 dollars a bottle one can expect nothing less."

Pooky leaned back in his armchair and studied her expression as she reached for the glass. Her eyes were mesmerizing and he could not help but noticing the graceful movement of her hands, so efficient and effortless. This is going to be an interesting party he thought to himself as he took a sip out of his own cup. The fragrance of the wine mixed with Adele's perfume and danced a seductive melody within Pooky's head.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

As Kelly made her linguistic proposition, MikeBurnFire considered saying the only words he knew of French... 'Omelete du Fromage'.... but ultimately decided not to, thinking that there wouldn't be enough people to understand the joke. Besides, it might make him hungry and he hadn't brought any eggs with him.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”