Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Jesus tapdancing christ, how have we not lynched Ethos yet?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Oversoul wrote:
Yes...

Do you think I think you are a bookie?

Heh. If you're saying what I think you're saying, the "Ythan is trying to force through one specific mislynch because he is a mafia bookie" theory you seem to be going for is cute, but it doesn't actually work, since according to the roles on page 1, mafia bookie doesn't get to make a bet until a night phase happens, and it hasn't yet, so that's not actually possible.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

On another note, I do want to hear Ethos's reply to SpyreX's last post. Ethos, were you making stuff up to try to push a case here?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Ethos »

SpyreX wrote:Number of large games quilford is currently playing in (as far as I can tell): 0 And its not like Ethos didn't look around to see if quil was in other games. Summon los ropos.

Number of players in this game is 17. Quilford joining another game, that game has 12 players. He claimed to be posting a reads list in his next post which means he had reads on a decent amount of this room, heck, lets be leniant and say he only had 6 reads, that leaves 10 people that he doesn't have a read on. So instead of working out how to read those 10, he has joined a new game with 11 other players that he doesn't have a read on.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Oversoul wrote:
Yes...

Do you think I think you are a bookie?

Heh. If you're saying what I think you're saying, the "Ythan is trying to force through one specific mislynch because he is a mafia bookie" theory you seem to be going for is cute, but it doesn't actually work, since according to the roles on page 1, mafia bookie doesn't get to make a bet until a night phase happens, and it hasn't yet, so that's not actually possible.

Resisting the attempt to pull out my hair.

No, I do not think that Ythan is a bookie. I realize that there is no Night 0 guys. I never said I think Ythan is bookie, I asked
Ythan
if
he
thinks that
I
think he is bookie.

I know I am failing at explaining things, but does that make it clearer? :\

And by the very nature of being a Mafia member you have more information than a townie. That is what I was getting at.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Ythan »

So the way you choose to say you suspect me

is by saying you think I'm bussing

let me check your stated suspicion of my suspects.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Ythan »

Oversoul indicates that I am bussing and yet has expressed no suspicion that I see in a cursory iso read against my suspects.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Oversoul »

If bussing is what I am guessing, then yes, I do think you are bussing.

I think that the Para/Ethos voting block which is partly driven by the Mafia in the attempt to get a second nightkill, meaning yes, the Bookie is either apart of the wagon or at least orchestrated it in order to have an already established strong base for a mislynch the following day.

I originally thought Spyrex was the bookie, but after he used a few unfortunately coincidental words I tried to breadcrumb him, but I am assuming he didn't notice.

Predit: Ythan, I think you are a traitor, or the traitor depending on how many there are in the game. You would know who the Mafia are (for your strong scum reads so early in the game) and could easily create a situation that would fortify your basis as a town and no one would know since you would come up as innocent to the cop. The only possible situation is if the Mafia try to kill you resulting in a deathless night by either the 1 shot immunity of the traitor ability or the mafia choosing to not kill anyone.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Ythan »

If you think I'm bussing then you think they're scum. And you are not paying attention, Yos already corrected you on how the bookie works.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by T-Bone »

You're doing quite a bit of role speculation right now.

Yet another drastic swing in your play Oversoul.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Oh that was horrible grammar. For the voting block sentence, I meant to add "which is rather large is partly driven..."
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Ythan »

Address, please, my point that you are accusing me of bussing players you seem to be, if not defending, not suspecting.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Oversoul wrote:I think that the Para/Ethos voting block which is partly driven by the Mafia in the attempt to get a second nightkill, meaning yes, the Bookie is either apart of the wagon or at least orchestrated it in order to have an already established strong base for a mislynch the following day.

You are a Mafia #-shot Bookie!

Your teammates are (PLAYERNAMES). Each night, you may select a player. If that player is lynched the next day, you may perform an extra kill in addition to your factional the following night. During the day, you have your voice and your vote only. You win when mafia is equal in number to town, or nothing can prevent the same.

Game thread is here: 12345
What part of this are you not getting? Core concept? The bookie wouldn't be pushing the lynch for the person they want lynched today. This isn't really a "let's lynch Yos today and Ethos tomorrow", it's more of a "let's lynch this motherfucker today and deal with tomorrow's reads tomorrow". It seems to me that the bookie would maybe try to set up the a mislynch tomorrow on Ythan or SpyreX if they know Yos or Ethos is town. You know, kind of like exactly what you're doing.

Oversoul wrote:Predit: Ythan, I think you are a traitor, or the traitor depending on how many there are in the game. You would know who the Mafia are (for your strong scum reads so early in the game) and could easily create a situation that would fortify your basis as a town and no one would know since you would come up as innocent to the cop. The only possible situation is if the Mafia try to kill you resulting in a deathless night by either the 1 shot immunity of the traitor ability or the mafia choosing to not kill anyone.
What possible reason could Ythan have for trying to kill the people he needs alive to win the game?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

He's saying I'm bussing them to gain town cred. Which means he believes they're scum. Which means he's not being honest.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I never liked how Ythan immediately latched on to the aspect that Ethos/Para was scum. Although he has convinced me I just found it really strange he could read both of them with such a large amount of ease.

Also, T Booker, you will find that I am incredibly inconsistent. In almost everything I do in real life I am inconsistent. I don't know what it is. I have these little epiphanies (or so I think :().

I DON'T THINK YTHAN IS BOOKIE!!!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Ythan »

Oversoul wrote:I never liked how Ythan immediately latched on to the aspect that Ethos/Para was scum. Although he has convinced me I just found it really strange he could read both of them with such a large amount of ease.

Also, T Booker, you will find that I am incredibly inconsistent. In almost everything I do in real life I am inconsistent. I don't know what it is. I have these little epiphanies (or so I think :().

I DON'T THINK YTHAN IS BOOKIE!!!

Three down.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Oversoul wrote:I never liked how Ythan immediately latched on to the aspect that Ethos/Para was scum. Although he has convinced me I just found it really strange he could read both of them with such a large amount of ease.
You mean like I did? Why am I not scum?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by T-Bone »

T Booker?

Don't tell me he just said that. Ah hell no! Tell me you did not just say that. Sucka!
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Sorry, T Bone. I wasn't paying attention.

Untrod, you haven't been as vocal about the whole situation as Ythan.

And what looks better for a townie than a scum lynch?

And if you do decide to lynch me you are only giving the Mafia a by for that day. :|
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Ythan wrote:He's saying I'm bussing them to gain town cred. Which means he believes they're scum. Which means he's not being honest.

I am being honest. I don't know what to think of Ethos and Para anymore. I used to think both of them were townie, but after what has happened I am not so sure.

Now you guys are making me doubt myself and my thoughts on Ythan.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Oversoul wrote:Untrod, you haven't been as vocal about the whole situation as Ythan.

And what looks better for a townie than a scum lynch?
So I'm less scummy because we're doing exactly the same thing, but I've said it fewer times? Cool.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Ethos »

Honestly, you know what fuck this. I'm putting my foot down, Ythan has spent far too much of this game attempting to antagonise and smear anyone that disagrees with him, he did it with us earlier and is now doing so with Oversoul. I for one will no longer be conversing or replying to his comments because honestly, his opinion is worthless. Slaxx wanted to do this early but I restrained him from doing so saying that players in this room should be good enough to discuss occurances logically, it seems I was wrong and I've apologised to Slaxx for this already.

We are a mason, there are three masons in this game, I'm not going to out the other members however if they wish to claim themselves I have no particular qualms with it.

Yos/Para's slot is town, seriously you need to read the actual frustration that Para showed as well as the lack of care that's occured throughout the majority of today, it's because it's two town wagons and scum don't have to do anything but stand back, throw in a few small mispreps to keep the wagons going and place their vote. Oversoul's noobtown-telling all over the place, Idher and T-Bone are town, both have stood back and have shown signs to look at this objectively while attempting to prevent both lynches from occuring. Ythan is town, but bad town. SpyreX is town that needs to step back and reasses this shit badly because he actually has a brain when he's not tunneling. Leaning town slightly on Chair mainly due to their hydra disagreements, it reads as legitimate though I'll need to read more into them.

I have no solid read on Dramonic, Kunkstar, KoC, Swag or Hiraki anymore, my read has flip-flopped on them all far too much meaning I have some reading into them. Empking/Quilfords slot is scum, read his reactions and content throughout the game, heck even ignore the replacing out and you'll see it. Kaynes scum as well, he's popped in attempted to act suprised that he's being FoS'ed by us while continuing to misrep our actions, he even went as far to say that we haven't posted reads at all. Leaning scum on Untrod and Sapor, though again that's something I need to read back into.

Regfan.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Claiming mason without claiming buddies is...what is the word...

worthless, that's what it was!

Masons are confirmed townies when one of them dies. Now that you've claimed, if the mafia kills you tonight your claim gained nothing. If you claim mason and buddies today, and the mafia doesn't kill you tonight, we have THREE outted masons. Shit, if we have a cop they could investigate one of you tonight and we would have FOUR CONFIRMED TOWNIES. And if we have a tree stump and/or an innocent child it would be game fucking over scum on day 2.

Basically what I'm saying is that if you actually ARE masons you should seriously consider outting your buddies because it could mean instatown win, or at least significantly increase our chances of winning because a vig or cop would be able to do something useful with their role tonight.

I guess what I'm saying is that claiming 1/3 of a mason team doesn't sway me.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

And yes I know it wouldn't literally be game over, I'm just saying that claiming 1/3 of a mason group and refusing to claim your partners isn't very convincing
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Untrod Tripod wrote:Claiming mason without claiming buddies is...what is the word...

worthless, that's what it was!

I guess what I'm saying is that claiming 1/3 of a mason team doesn't sway me.

I think I can guess at least one other mason. (Hint: It isn't me)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”