TT; Book 1: Bible Verse Mafia - Game over!

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:26 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

:idea:

Unvote
Vote: LyingBrian
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:40 pm

Post by mith »

VisMaior is such scum.

I might have been out.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

@RoadBird

would you mind giving us an example for everyone to judge where you think i twisted somebody's words, rather than making a blanket statement that i have done so?...

@PookyTheMagicalBear

why are you voting for me?

@LoudmouthLee

i don't think you are scum, but i do think you're overanalyzing... i notice that you didn't answer either of my questions directed at you... where did i say or even imply i thought RoadBird was innocent?.. i originally vote for RoadBird to see how he would react to his bandwagon... he never gave me a reason to unvote, especially when he claimed his Bible verse... it did not seem to specify a specific role, and i did not think it was a "vanilla" townie role verse (since we had armlx's verse)... it was not until mith claimed his verse that i unvoted... i have no reason to suspect mith & RoadBird as a scum team, but i definitely can buy them as townies not knowing they could confirm each other... please feel free to point out any posts that you feel are contradictory... i think that your observations are good for the most part, but i think they would be better spent focused on VisMaior...

*inHimshallibe

i dislike your vote on my bandwagon the most... i don't think you've really been keeping up with the game, i think you just read LoudmouthLee's post & decided mine would be a good bandwagon to join...

unvote, vote: inHimshallibe
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:16 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

mith wrote:VisMaior is such scum.

I might have been out.
I think you're on the wrong Vis scent, Mith. LB seems to be a much better lynch.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:27 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Are you always just mad at me or something, LB? It's like my vote is what triggers the Bruce Banner -> Hulk response from you.

Lee did make a good post. I judged the options and decided you were the best ticket at the time.

And, on a more personal note, I really don't like being told I'm not following the game.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:21 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

7 LyingBrian (Fuldu, Commodore Amazing, RoadBird, LoudmouthLee, Fritzler, PookyTheMagicalBear, inHimshallibe)

3 RoadBird (EnderX, Coron, Kerplunk)
2 VisMaior (mith, Thoth)
1 inHimshallibe (LyingBrian)

not voting (3): Dragon Phoenix, VisMaior, VitaminR

9 to lynch.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:27 pm

Post by RoadBird »

LB I was refering to the part where you changed armlx being a vanilla-townie from possibly to known fact and then using it to prove I'm lying.

But since you are one away from lynch....
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:28 pm

Post by RoadBird »

hmpf..... miscount.....since you are two away from lynch....
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:41 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

RoadBird wrote:hmpf..... miscount.....since you are two away from lynch....
What means this?

I vow I'll re-read this. One thread's enough for a night, though.
Show

:

VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:57 pm

Post by VisMaior »

It means:
vote LyingBrian
Now its 1 from lynch.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
EnderX
EnderX
Goon
EnderX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:34 am

Post by EnderX »

Unvote

Based on the present evidence, I'm willing to give Roadbird the benefit of the doubt...for now, at least.
"No trees were harmed during the production of this post. However, several electrons were severely inconvenienced."
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:51 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@LoudmouthLee

you STILL haven't answered my questions...
FOS: LoudmouthLee
... and you didn't even respond to my last post!.. :shock:

@RoadBird

a) i don't think i've EVER said that it was a KNOWN fact that armlx was a vanilla townie... i said we could reasonably assume that...
LyingBrian in post #357 wrote:we can reasonably assume that armlx was pro-town
LyingBrian in post #357 wrote:i think we can also reasonably assume that armlx's verse is the vanilla townie verse
b) where exactly did i twist somebody's words... changing my opinion is different...
c) could you give us a post # or a quote? that way it would be easier to know EXACTLY what you're talking about

@inHimshallibe

don't take it personally... it just one person's opinion based on reading the thread... if you are following the thread then i would like more commentary on why you think i'm scum... i would like you to examine ALL the evidence and try to understand it from my point of view...

@VisMaior

i NOW dislike your vote on my bandwagon the least... you added no content to describe WHY you think i'm scum... it seems the person previously under pressure is just trying to lynch whomever is most convenient... definitely scummy...

unvote

vote: VisMaior

@mith

what do you think about my scumminess in all of this?.. am i just not defending myself well enough, or do you think LoudmouthLee has a GOOD point... if i'm going to be lynched i would like the lynching vote to come from you... you seem to be a well-balanced player...
LyingBrian wrote:if my bandwagon will help the town find scum, then by all means, go ahead... there haven't been any REASONS behind the bandwagon, however...
QFT
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:56 am

Post by VisMaior »

I just went back to my previous vote, now that RoadBird is confirmed. Whats so scummy about that?
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:30 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

LyingBrian wrote:
@LoudmouthLee

i don't think you are scum, but i do think you're overanalyzing... i notice that you didn't answer either of my questions directed at you... where did i say or even imply i thought RoadBird was innocent?.. i originally vote for RoadBird to see how he would react to his bandwagon... he never gave me a reason to unvote, especially when he claimed his Bible verse... it did not seem to specify a specific role, and i did not think it was a "vanilla" townie role verse (since we had armlx's verse)... it was not until mith claimed his verse that i unvoted... i have no reason to suspect mith & RoadBird as a scum team, but i definitely can buy them as townies not knowing they could confirm each other... please feel free to point out any posts that you feel are contradictory... i think that your observations are good for the most part, but i think they would be better spent focused on VisMaior...
Were you not awake when I quoted this post?
do you mind clarifying the point then?.. at the point at which i said that mith had not claimed yet... how would you interpret RoadBird's verse in light of this being a Mafia game w/o the context of mith's verse?.. it would seem that mith, RoadBird, and whoever else are townies able to confirm each other... also, i never IMPLIED that i "couldn't understand" why someone was innocent, i SAID that i "couldn't understand" what his role was... BIG difference... twisting MY words to fit YOUR context NOTED...
You UNVOTED RB at the beginning of the post, stating, to me...
also, i never IMPLIED that i "couldn't understand" why someone was innocent, i SAID that i "couldn't understand" what his role was
This leads me to believe (and still does), that yo didn't doubt his innocence, but you doubted his role. You post struck me as VERY odd, even now, on a day's sleep...

My vote is staying. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the bandwagon you're pulling for (Vis), so that gives me more reason to want to vote you.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:04 am

Post by LyingBrian »

well, i was hoping to NOT have to do this, but for metagame reasons, i think it would be best... my verse is as follows:
Deuteronomy 31:29 wrote:For I know that after my death you are sure to become utterly corrupt and to turn from the way I have commanded you. In days to come, disaster will fall upon you because you will do evil in the sight of the LORD and provoke him to anger by what your hands have made.
i do NOT have a night choice, and i was not given anybody else's name... the way i interpret the verse is that if 1 specific person does not die, i will stay town, but that if the person dies, i become scum?!? i decided to claim this verse even though it will surely mean my death, b/c it is in my best interest to help the town as mathmatically speaking i will be town much more often than scum... i have honestly been playing as pro-town, b/c i was unsure of my role, and b/c i didn't have any names that i was affiliated with or that i could defend...

@LoudmouthLee

so your observation that i have a role different from the townie role is correct... i NEVER thought RoadBird was innocent until mith claimed his verse... his claiming an ambiguous verse only helped him seem MORE scummy to me...

the only reason i can see to keep me alive would be to use the information i've given in the future... lynching me is not the WORST idea, IMHO...

*bends to one knee, bows his head, waiting for the killing blow to strike*
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:14 am

Post by VisMaior »

unvote

This could be interpreted that someone else is turning scum after your death...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:21 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@VisMaior

good point, i can honestly say i didn't think about that... it got me thinking, so i researched the dead player's verses again...

the silent speaker - Job 14:13 - 2nd person
Flying Dutchman - Hosea 2:6 - 1st person
armlx - Acts 20:26 - 1st person
PeaceBringer - Numbers 35:16 - 3rd person

the person after each verse describes in my opinion the person that the role should be interpreted from... hmmm, what does everybody else think?..
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:43 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Or, you're a traitor looking be be recruited by the scum.

DO NOT UNVOTE AND LYNCH HIM.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:52 am

Post by VisMaior »

What for? We could hit scum today and lynch him tomorrow. I donthtink he can escape now.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:57 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Or, we can out power roles with a random bandwagon and give the scum valuable info. Seems plausable, eh? Bah.

Confirm Vote: LB
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:59 am

Post by VisMaior »

I see. Well, better safe than sorry.
vote LyingBrian
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:26 am

Post by VitaminR »

I think Mith's interpretation of the 107 verses fits very well. I'm not sure how to value it in terms of determining alignment, though.

VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:27 am

Post by VitaminR »

I think Mith's interpretation of the 107 verses fits very well. I'm not sure how to value it in terms of determining alignment, though.

Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:03 am

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

9 LyingBrian (Fuldu, Commodore Amazing, RoadBird, LoudmouthLee, Fritzler, PookyTheMagicalBear, inHimshallibe, VisMaior, VitaminR)

2 RoadBird (Coron, Kerplunk)
3 VisMaior (mith, Thoth, LyingBrian)

not voting (2): Dragon Phoenix, EnderX

Deathscene coming up.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:12 am

Post by Cadmium »

Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second.

LyingBrian - Deuteronomy 31:29 - lynched

It is now night 3, deadline:
12 Feb 2006 10:00 am MST

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”