Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:48 am

Post by Aelyn »

Fiasco wrote:Since there's probably about four scum around, three votes already seems like a dangerous level if you guys are pro-town. If I'm lynched, you'd be left with about four scum and five town (both minus nightkills), which is already nearly unwinnable.
This is only valid assuming all scum are in the same group together. If they are not, there is a significant chance of cross-killing which will weaken the scum's chances.
Fiasco wrote:You have a point, but do take into account that based on numbers, the scum are already pretty close to winning, so they can afford to take fairly big risks.
Again, here you're making the implicit assumption that there are four scum working together, seemingly as a defence.

And yet:
Fiasco wrote:
and it would be very unwise for scum to all be on the same wagon.
Unless they're in different scum teams (e.g. serial killer).
Here you show you're well aware of the possibility of multiple kill groups, which would seem to invalidate a major part of your defence (which, incidentally, is invalid since the town's in exactly the same boat regarding everyone else.)

In addition to this, you've also been posting very defensively and have been answering every single point against you as and when it comes - it feels to me like you're acting like a trapped mongoose, flurrying around in an attempt to escape but all the while just drawing more and more attention.

FOS: Fiasco.
Expect it to turn into a vote soon enough if nothing changes.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:40 am

Post by Aelyn »

Apologies all, I'd literally forgotten about the game. I've had a lot of stuff on my hands of late...

Post coming in about ten minutes.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:49 am

Post by Aelyn »

OK, I don't have time to make a proper analysis post, but suffice it to say for now that nothing Fiasco has done has quashed my suspicion of him.

A better post will be forthcoming tomorrow, if I have any more time.

Vote: Fiasco
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:32 am

Post by Aelyn »

OK, sorry for not being around until now. I’ll try to make up with an analysis of the game to date.

*Warning: Literary dreadnought follows*

The first thing of any note whatsoever happens in Fiasco’s first post, when he says “assuming it was random” referring to a vote on him. The next thing is Fiasco speculating on the setup, often considered a scum tell, but in this case not really since he’s basically speculating the game is of a very standard setup.

LML and the Don point out that talking about this is not very helpful and could be considered a scum tell, which Fiasco questions. Norinel points out part of the reason (that it could give scum information) and Dragyn points out the other main reason (it allows the scum to spread false beliefs which could later be erroneously considered fact). However, Dragyn and Viking Fan point out that there’s not really much to talk about on day one, and that discussing the setup – as long as it’s done in the knowledge that opinion and fact are not equivalent – is often a helpful place to start.

LML brings up the issue of the odd phraseology in Fiasco’s first post. Dragyn agrees that something’s dodgy, but for a completely different (and invalid) reason. Fiasco points out that there are a number of reasons which could apply, then uses a quick WIFOM defence against it being a slip. He then attacks Dragyn (not much, but still does) for a relatively minor thing which, to be fair, Dragyn should have double checked. LML points out that if there was a reason to vote Fiasco, he would have mentioned it, and Viking joins in the growing Fiasco wagon based on the evidence to date.

Fiasco responds in a somewhat emotive fashion, attacking the fact of being voted over the reasons for being voted – a surprisingly common tell of guilt. He then starts making a point of how the scum are close to winning, despite being in a relatively common day one situation. He also seems to have a need to talk about every little point, which again strikes me as suspicious.

KingPin votes Jaguar for lurking, but points out Fiasco’s defensiveness. Norinel points out that there are quite a lot of things that could prompt discussion day 1, and LML points out that actually this day 1 has been surprisingly helpful. Dragyn maintains his vote on Fiasco, based on Fiasco’s reactions to the wagon, and LML points out that lurkervoting is often something scum do when trying to look pro-town. Fiasco then makes a quick double-post explaining the wording of the first post, which I find interesting based on the discussion that’s taken place since.

Jaguar makes her first post, pointing out that Fiasco’s actions do seem a little… odd, noting especially the sheer volume of Fiasco’s posts. Fiasco responds by saying this is his normal style, and that he often makes a lot of small posts. I make my first post, attacking Fiasco on the same grounds as many other people, as well as pointing out the logical fallacy of grouping all anti-town players together. Fiasco makes a rather unusual WIFOM argument saying he can safely make defensive posts without it being a scum tell because everyone knows it’s a scum tell (what?) and proceeds to attack primarily my post, but also defends his style by pointing out that not the volume but the ratio of scum tells is what’s important, seemingly not realising that the volume of posts IS one of the main scum tells he’s been giving itself.

Norinel points out that town sometimes makes a large flurry of posts when under attack, saying basically that a large volume is not in and of itself a reliable tell. KingPin then retains his lurker-vote policy, shifting his vote to Passdog for a lack or posting, which LML reminds him is often a relatively scummy activity, enforcing the point with an FoS. Dragyn then makes a seemingly jokey FOS, in itself an interesting move at this point in the game, given we already had plenty to talk about. VikingFan puts his support on the lurkerhunt. Jaguar points out the potential flaws in this lurkerhunt philosophy.

Fiasco points out that everyone who’d posted was finding him suspicious. He also says he’d never believed there was four scum in one group, calling it a “misunderstanding” on my part. However, my comments regarding that were due to the way he’d phrased his reasoning and based his logic on the implicit assumption all scum were working together. He then accuses LML of trying to spread misinformation! He also attacks LML for making an observation on a possible scum tell (one which I personally agree with LML regarding)

Jaguar points out how Don Gaetano seems to be deliberately not posting, using this fact to vote for him, but doesn’t mention the Fiasco situation at all. Fiasco instantly agrees with Jaguar’s point. LML points out how Fiasco’s wagon has stalled, but then goes on to say that he’s finding Fiasco less and less suspicious. Kingpin agrees about the stalling and points out how newbies are often over-defensive – however, I’ve found that only really is the case in a player’s first game or in their first one or two as scum. I consider it a larger scum tell in newbies. Jaguar again mentions how Fiasco’s flurry is not necessarily a scum tell.

Don makes a quick “I’m not lurking, honest” style post, much like the ones I made a couple of days ago, to show he is still reading the game but simply doesn’t have time for a reasoned response. Vikingfan requests a modprod for Passdog, and Don makes another post basically saying “nothing’s changed”. Jaguar then questions Don’s reasoning for maintaining the vote on me, and calls him out on his apparent inactivity in games which he has actually contributed to. Don accuses Jaguar of misrepresenting him (I personally feel Jag’s in the right here, though)

Fiasco makes a point of explaining how his actions are consciously thought over – interesting. He then makes one more defense of his first post and his subsequent actions, before going on to make some comments about other players. He also mentions how he considers votes against him as scum tells, which I particularly noted as interesting. Jaguar then maintains her discussion with Don about his actions and perceived lurking. Fiasco points out that Don maintaining his vote for no good reason might actually be simply because, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it – there was no great reason to move his vote.

LML points out that he has a knack for finding scum tells in the very early game, and also explains how Fiasco’s later actions corroborate the evidence. He also points out how Fiasco has maintained an attack on him based on something he corrected himself on a significant amount of time ago, and elaborates his reasons for attacking lurkerhunts. Fiasco explains his reaction to the early post, and points out why he was maintaining the attack despite LML’s self-correction.

Norinel points out LML’s change in attitude from humility to seeming arrogance, and says he agrees that Fiasco’s first post and the whole debacle surrounding it was due to a misunderstanding rather than anything else. He also notes Jag’s attention on Don overshadowing her attention to anyone else.

Dragyn decides to attack me based on my willingness to put a vote on yet not immediately putting one on, and Don immediately jumps on this as justification for him maintaining his post. Dragyn also mentions that scum would be foolish at best to trade two scum for a townie, using this as rationale for why scum wouldn’t just speedlynch a townie.

Passdog arrives at last and weighs his opinion in of Fiasco, voting him and maintaining him at three votes after Dragyn’s recent unvote. LML steps in to say that he feels I am a bad lynch at the time, and calls Passdog out on a potential misquote. He also points out that, in Mafia, every post counts – even the seeming random votes and joking around in the early game can be of the greatest significance. Vikingfan then unvotes on the basis of us being at four votes, despite the fact we were only at three at the time. I’m willing to call that a miscount, though. LML calls it out as a scum protection tactic, then Fiasco points out that he wasn’t as close to lynch as was believed. Dragyn notes my lack of posting.

KingPin unvotes and FOS’s Vikingfan for no apparent reason (at least not to me on the re-read). Passdog then explains that it’s not the volume of posts but the cluttering nature of them that is causing his vote – a subtle distinction, but one I sympathise with. Fiasco disagrees with the point, and LML comments that he finds Fiasco and VikingFan the most suspicious people to date. I get prodded, and make a quick post without reasoning for my actions, based on my limited time online.

Norinel points out that it’s equally important to find out why the town aren’t pushing Fiasco’s wagon as why the scum aren’t. He also notes an interesting omission in a statement of Passdog’s, though it’s not necessarily significant since a lot of people would take the omission as an assumed axiom – I know I did. He also points out that all of Fiasco’s posts could well be significant in the long run. KingPin then agrees that LML is beginning to look rather interesting, pointing out how LML is using previous games and the results to justify current actions. LML says he feels no need to justify what he said, and mentions that now he finds Fiasco, Norinel and KingPin most likely to be the scum group. He also claims he’s said that before, but he’d never mentioned connections between KingPin and the other two before, and the last time he mentioned his most scummy list he only mentioned Fiasco and VikingFan. Interesting.

I still feel Fiasco is the scummiest thus far, but I can appreciate why some people are focusing more on LML. Anyways, after all that…

Confirm vote: Fiasco.

FOS: LoudmouthLee

Player-by-player analysis to follow in a day or so.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:15 am

Post by Aelyn »

Yikes. Two cops apparently investigating me night 1? Two different results, no less...

Firstly, LML, DG: Are you both standard Cops? Is there anything that might suggest inaccuracies?

Secondly, I should point out that I kinda agree with VikingFan that LML sticking his neck out is probably a bad idea if he was scum, and so I'm more inclined to believe him. Of course I am biased somewhat by LML getting the correct result on me :lol:

Thirdly, Don Gaetano's posting has been what you'd expect for someone with a Guilty result on me, but that said it's not hard for scum to fake and there's still a very real possibility that he's simply somehow insane.

Fourthly, and finally, my role. I am immune to nightkills, and I'm happy to be tested if you want.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:31 am

Post by Aelyn »

LoudmouthLee wrote:IMMUNE TO NIGHTKILLS?

With that claim, I'm... almost willing to test if I'm insane. and I know how to do it, too.
*shrug*

I wouldn't blame you. I'm not gonna deny I was kinda annoyed by the role, because I know how it looks when you have to claim. But what can I do?
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:44 am

Post by Aelyn »

I'm not dead yet, LML, stop panicking. It's 6 to lynch and I'm at 5.

I expect to die any minute though. There's no reason for scum not to speedlynch me, they probably know it's safe based on the evidence.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:25 pm

Post by Aelyn »

I think we should just calm down. We need to hear from everyone else before coming to a decision - I feel we should wait for everyone to weigh in before making any rash decision.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:38 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Fiasco wrote:LML just inexplicably jumped back onto my bandwagon, so maybe he's hoping two other scum will jump in to speedlynch me, unlikely though that seems. In view of this, Aelyn, would you mind putting your unvote where your mouth is?
*shrug* If it makes you feel better.

Unvote: Fiasco.

FOS: Fiasco.

I'm not gonna let you off that easy :p
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:17 am

Post by Aelyn »

Don Gaetano wrote:The fact that LML even mentioned that the phrase "sanity unknown" is absent makes me 95% sure that LML is pro-town, that we most likely got the same PM, and that one of us isn't sane.
Quick reality check here. You're saying that the LACK of a phrase makes you believe you have identical role PMs? What's more, I have NEVER seen that phrase before.

I would like to ask at this point that you do NOT discuss the exact phraseology of your PMs. It gets way too close to modquoting for my taste.
Don Gaetano wrote:The problem is that it looks like it would be impossible to find out which one of us is sane unless we lynch Aelyn, and then the sane one would almost definately be killed during the night.

Let's just hope that I'm the sane one, or my little claiming stunt will have cost the town a lynch, aswell as loosing the sane cop during the night.

Actually the worst case scenario is that neither one of us is sane, but if I'm paranoid and he's naive, then the town has pretty much already lost.
Hardly. If that's the case, then we're at a situation with two more townies than we thought we had but two less power roles. It's not a good position to be in, but it's still winnable if we play carefully.
Fiasco wrote:I say we take off and lynch LML from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Lynching claimed power roles day one is a bad idea, m'kay? Take a leaf out of this guy's book:
KingPin wrote:1: I am never going to vote for a Claimed Cop on D1, without some hard-core evidence.
I would rather I was the lynch than LML, definitely.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:34 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Fiasco wrote:
In addition, when you suggest that it is odd for Aelyn to want to lynch a claimed power role, which player are you referring to?
I'm referring to Aelyn. Aelyn seemed to be saying that since we shouldn't lynch claimed power roles, Aelyn is a better lynch than LML, but that doesn't follow, because Aelyn is claiming a powerful role for himself.
I feel I am a
better
lynch than LML. I don't think I am the
correct
lynch, and I certainly don't want to lynch myself.
Fiasco wrote:Aelyn, what's your role name and why didn't you state it spontaneously? (Quoting your role name is legal, right?
My apologies

I am a
Coward
. If you need flavour, I hide at night.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:12 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Passdog wrote:@Norinel: it would be odd if we didn't have a scummier target.

In the interest of advancing discussion let's consider the potential scenarios regarding DG, LML and Aelyn.

1. LML and DG are both telling the truth. Aelyn is Town. therefore LML is a cop and DG is insane.

2. LML and DG are both telling the truth. Aelyn is scum. LML is insane and DG a cop.

3. DG tells the truth, LML lies, Aelyn is scum.

4. LML truth, DG lies, Aelyn is town.

What other realistic scenarios are there?
Only the admittedly unlikely one of both lying, and the quite possible one of both being insane, one way or another.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:04 am

Post by Aelyn »

I apologise for my quietness - as my sister mentioned, I've had all but no access over the last few days, since the play I was in took up all my spare time.

I'll re-read asap and get a decent post in soon, hopefully.

Sorry again for my lack of posts.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:38 am

Post by Aelyn »

Fiasco wrote:Here's the thing, though: the only reason to claim from my perspective is that it may get me not lynched today. But I'm probably going to get lynched soon anyway, so I'm not convinced a Fiasco lynch today is that much worse than an Aelyn lynch. So why should I claim? What would you do if you were me, and you knew you were pro-town?
You should claim. Firstly, why are you so confident that you'll get lynched? There's every possibility that I will get lynched today and that there'll be better leads on future days.

Putting it simply - where is the
dis
advantage of claiming before being lynched? On the plus side, it could save you. What's the negative?

Townies should never feel, barring some really insane role-based thing, that they are the correct lynch for the day. They might feel they are better lynches than some other people, for tactical reasons, but they should never feel they are the best lynch. Ergo they should claim if it could save them - there's no reason not to.

Until you claim,
Vote: Fiasco
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:04 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Fiasco, I'm gonna keep my vote on. Nothing you have done at any point in this game has made me feel any less happy about having my vote on you - and there's been a lot that makes me happier. Your vanilla claim. Your repeated attempts to distract attention anywhere other than yourself. Your semantic slip-ups which you attempt to cover with sarcasm and wifom.

Sorry, dude, but if you're not scum you're hiding it pretty well.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:40 am

Post by Aelyn »

*shrug*

Vote: Aelyn

There's no way I'm gonna survive the day, short of someone literally saying "I'm scum, I'm a better lynch, guys," and even then it's doubtful.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:22 pm

Post by Aelyn »

vikingfan wrote:Wow, not even a defense...ok, then.
vote Aelyn
How can I possibly defend myself? I know he was insane, but frankly simply saying that ain't gonna make people believe it. I accept that I'm gonna die.

By the way, LML is scum, KingPin is a roleblocker of some nature (I'm not sure of his alignment), Passdog has already lied in a way which can be proven entirely from what he's said in the thread, and your role isn't as good as you think it is.

And now I'm gonna be quiet for a bit.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:42 am

Post by Aelyn »

vikingfan wrote:Yeah, after thinking about it some more, I tend to agree.
unvote aelyn
What might be good is if we asked the SK in-thread to act like a vig.
Sounds good to me.

Who'm I killing tonight then?
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:51 am

Post by Aelyn »

I'm leaving my vote on myself for the entire day. If I am scum running a gambit, I will harm myself by doing so. If I ever unvote, lynch me.

I am the SK. I am not mafia. I accept my death in short order.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”