AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #0) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

ATTN: ALL PLAYERS - VOTE: MOTHRAX

I am a High Priest of Xylthixlm. One of my abilities is to choose a player to
policy lynch
during the pregame. If we lynch that player on Day 1, we get DOUBLE DAY (e.g., the lynch does not end the day). Unfortunately, this playerlist didn't have anybody I truly despise, but I thought mothrax's history of flaking and/or unsubstantive posting made him a decent choice for a free lynch.

Vote: Mothrax
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #1) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

hito wrote:Preview-Edit: AlmasterGM is scum, and NobodySpecial is probably his scumbuddy.

Unvote, Vote: AlmasterGM

wut
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #2) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Oh I see, you want to policy lynch Nobody Special, and because I don't want to, you think I am scumz.

Well, you're wrong because:

1) This is a proveable power that would be really dumb to give scum and
2) I have had much worse experiences with mothrax than Nobody Special.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

hitogoroshi wrote:Quoth every scum
neighborizer
Vig.

Fixed. Oh wait, those don't exit. And that's what this role basically is.

NS wrote:You replaced in to In the Court of the Gods. You got something worse than that on Mothrax?

I didn't really read Court of the Gods, so that didn't factor in to my evaluation of NS. I played with him in another game or two and it was fine (Trader Mafia comes to mind). Mothrax, on the other hand, is 1) a douchebag 2) had shit reads and 3) posts really short and uninformative posts. He is a fine policy lynch, given the playerlist.

The fact that you accuse ME of being NS's scumbuddy is hilarious. If those types of connections are going to be made AT ALL, it should be you-mothrax.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Oh cool, I guess we don't have to worry about this at all after all. Mothrax just PM'd me out of game.

Modkill coming right up.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #5) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

The other game is ongoing, so you really shouldn't be talking about that either.

And for the record, I have no real personal problem with you. You do have a tendency to curse and annoy me a lot, but that's not that huge of a deal. I just think that, given the playerlist, you are the best policy lynch. And that's what my power does, so I am going to use it.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@hito - if you had to pick your top THREE players on this playerlist to policy lynch, who would they be?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Oh cool, looks like I actually have to respond to this nonsense.

hito wrote:Yes they do, if it's ONLY DOUBLE WHEN THE FIRST LYNCH IS A MISLYNCH. Double day, but the first lynch can't hit scum, is great for scum.

[Double Day is normally protown, because town directs both lynches. This is "Hey, it's only double-day if the first lynch is this one I pointed out." That's a fine power for scum to have - try to herd the town onto a free mislynch, and then look "confirmed" after!

Stop thinking of it like double day and think of it like a Vig that requires town consent. How is that not protown? It's awesome because it checks back stupid ass Vigs while still giving the town extra kills. And it's definitely not a SCUM power.

And what would optimal scum play be? To designate the best townie that you can while still passing it off as "policy". That saves the REAL policy townies and gets you a free mislynch.

I'm putting this on the record that you think mothrax is a good townie. Because even if he's not the worst, I definitely would put him near the bottom of this playerlist. At which point you're just arguing technicalities and preferences.

hito wrote:That being said, I admit I was assuming NS's play across ms.net was similar to my experience with him (town in Court, scum in Bomb Mafia, [redacted ongoing where he's dead].) I'll have to read Trader Mafia. If his play there is better than my experience, point conceded. I could swear you made a hullabaloo about how you were actually reading Court, though...

You have to think of things in terms of catchability as well. In Trader and Bomb, he was easyscum. If I have a free policy lynch D1, I'd much rather use it on the person who you can never read and doesn't contribute than the person who will soon reveal himself to be obvscum.

Also, even if mothrax wasn't NUMBER ONE choice, I'd still say he's at LEAST 2 or 3. So I don't see why we are complaining about a free lynch (remember, it's FREE).

P-edit:
NobodySpecial, Katsuki, singersinger. VV close fourth - singer just eeks ahead because of the whole "almost refused free win" in MoCo.

Singer is easy to read and posts a lot, which is nice. She was also very accurate in Might of Mordor, so I have to give her some credit. Not a good pick. VV and Katsuki were two options I considered, but I like VV and he also posts a lot (and in moco he was strong town), so I crossed him out. Katsuki will either a) post a lot or b) flake and be replaced by Fate or c) Hydra with Fate, so I specifically chose mothrax over her because I figured mothrax was more likely to flake and get us ReaperCharlie off the replacement list whereas Katsuki flaking would get us Fate (and I want Fate).

Anyway, you're defending mothrax pretty heavily right now. Can you point me to some games where he did a really GOOD JOB as town such that you feel so strongly about keeping him around?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #8) » Wed May 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Duplicty wrote:This would be true if the town had good reason to want mothrax dead, as of right now I don't have much reason to want him dead over anyone else.

If you had a one-shot N0 Vig, would you use it?

Duplicity wrote:But seriously, what town motivation is there in asking this question? It's just generating noise.

I'm asking him to rank people who he would policy lynch (before mothrax). Given that we are having a discussion about policy lynching, how is that noise? It seems pretty on-topic to me.

hito wrote:Kills are good because they have a chance of hitting scum. Scum aiming the ability have a 0% chance of hitting scum. This does not seem like an especially difficult concept.

This simply presumes I am scum and does not actually prove why this would ever actually be a scum ability. It's an extra kill. Scum don't get this.

hito wrote:Have you ever read a game where NobodySpecial is town? This is important.

Not in reachable memory, actually. All the games I remember he was obvscum. Still, though, this line of Mothrax v Nobody Special irrelevant - it's likes saying, "I don't believe your cop claim because I would have investigated THIS person instead of THAT person!" Unless you think mothrax is a
BAD
vig shot and that you would rather let him live than kill him for free, then it's just a matter of preference. And it's my ability and I happen to prefer mothrax over Nobody Special.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #9) » Thu May 05, 2011 11:27 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I have a paper due tomorrow so I don't have time to post tonight, but for those who asked: my ability does NOT cause the battery to reset - the day just keeps going with the current battery.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #10) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Plum wrote:But we get a Mothrax flip before we continue yes or no?

Yeah, we get the flip. The lynch is just like a normal lynch, except the day doesn't end.

(If I post on this site again tonight lynch me.)
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #11) » Sat May 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Paper done, catching up soon. In the meantime, however, I would like to capitalize on this short post to point out that mothrax has only made four extremely short posts whose sole purpose was pretty much to not get him policy lynched. He's pretty much played just as I expected him to.

Free lynch, please.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #12) » Sat May 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Demonic Angel wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:Paper done, catching up soon. In the meantime, however, I would like to capitalize on this short post to point out that mothrax has only made four extremely short posts whose sole purpose was pretty much to not get him policy lynched. He's pretty much played just as I expected him to.

Free lynch, please.

You seem to be trying to push for his lynch extremely hard.

Aside from the fact that you claim double lynch if moth is lynched, is there any other reasons?

AlmasterGM wrote:mothrax has only made four extremely short posts whose sole purpose was pretty much to not get him policy lynched. He's pretty much played just as I expected him to.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #13) » Sat May 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'm kind recoiling at how scummy that post was. Are you actually trying to twist my wanting the free policy lynch into looking scummy? It's like saying, "You seem to be trying really hard to use your N0 Vig shot. Aside from the fact that mothrax was a great N0 Vig shot, do you have any other reasons for this?"

And Faraday: Wrong. Please try again.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #14) » Sat May 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Seraphim wrote:You know, if mothrax had been acting like this up until this point, and NOW you announced the policy lynch thing, I probably would have been all over that. I would have been wary but now that this argument and shit has gone through, you look WAY more
like a lyncher
than someone who is honestly trying to aid the town.

Please tell me this is a joke.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #15) » Sat May 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Seraphim wrote:You know, if mothrax had been acting like this up until this point, and NOW you announced the policy lynch thing, I probably would have been all over that. I would have been wary but now that this argument and shit has gone through, you look WAY more like a lyncher than someone who is honestly trying to aid the town.

This post is actually HORRIBLE the more I look at it.

It essentially says, "well, a free mothrax lynch would be awesome, but because AGM
might be a lyncher
, I'm going to be really vague and fence-sit about it instead."

This sort of attitude has permeated throughout the game. I'm betting cash money that if mothrax flips scum, these sorts of people are his buddies.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #16) » Sat May 07, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Faraday wrote:mothrax is literally an obvtown townie.

And why is that?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #17) » Sat May 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

1) I just gave you a nice, fresh scumread on Seraphim.

2) I have 15 pages to go through, give me a little time, please?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #18) » Sat May 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Gammagooey wrote:@agm-Seraphim is seriously my strongest town read.

Why?
Faraday wrote:no srsly, the pm is the most fucking obvious biggest massive fucking obvious town tell ever. it's literally GLARING IN YOUR FACE.

Yeah, because scum wouldn't be angry about getting Night 0 vigged.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #19) » Sat May 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Hellooooo overreaction from Seraphim.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #20) » Sat May 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Do I look like a comedian? I am NOT fencesitting. You fucked up the delivery. If you had let mothrax come out normally, play like he normally would, allow some time for reads, you might have gotten a lynch. But now all of his posts, at least today, have that specter of YOUR POLICY LYNCH ABILITY on them.

Delivery doesn't have SHIT to do with it in this case. You either have a town read or a scumread on mothrax. You're saying you have a scumread on him, but you don't want to lynch him because I might be a lyncher.

I might be a lyncher.

That is a terrible argument.

As far as the "specter" goes, it's called pressure to perform well. If he posts well, he lives. If he posts poorly or doesn't post, he dies. I don't see why this is bad.

town or scum, he's not going to post a lot, because he's worried it will be misconstrued as scummy and he will be run up for it.

…what? Why would he be lynched if he posts lots of good, townie posts? This makes no sense. If anything, this lynch hanging over his head is better because it doesn't allow him to coast and make HALF-ASSED posts and/or NOT post at all, which is what he would've done 100% and it's what he's TRYING to do now, but I'm not going to let him.

mothrax looks town because of how you fucked up that delivery

First, not what you said before - you just said you would lynch him if it wasn't for the "me being a lyncher" thing. Since when do we lynch town? Second, he doesn't look town - he looks like scum who is mad he got N0 vigged.

and the fact that you're continued to push it looks like you're a lyncher who is either ignorant of your effect on mothrax's posting or you're well aware and now you're trying to construe it as scummy. It's plain and clear for the entire town to see.

LOL LYNCHER

and now you're calling me scum because I'm calling you out on what is, effectively, tunneling. I have to admit, you're pretty gutsy.

No, I'm calling you scum for not lynching mothrax on the grounds that I am a lyncher.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #21) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

It should absolutely be allowed to be posted, in my opinion. The only reason it wouldn't be postable was if it was considered "out of game communication," in which case it should have been a modkill. That didn't happen, which makes it postable. But I'll wait and see.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #22) » Sat May 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

RayFrost wrote:Erm, no. Mothrax specifically said that he sent a PM with no relation to game events. Unless we're talking about another PM that happened that wasn't mentioned?

As soon as I came out of the gate with the policy lynch on him, he sent me an angry PM basically asking me what my problem was and telling me to fuck off.

It's 100% game relevant because if I had not posted that I had a free lynch on him, he would not have sent the PM. It is also 100% game relevant because people are using it to generate town reads on him.

Also, the attitude of DERP DERP ITS NOT RELEVANT is wrong. It's a discussion of whether someone is town or scum, and it's a pretty fuckin relevant discussion too since that person could either be lynched / not be lynched.

Still catching up, but current scumreads are: mothrax, hito, Seraphim.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #23) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Faraday wrote:why can't he be scum with nothing better to do?

Something better to do = worship your buddies' domains.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #24) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Also, if you are quadz-town, neighborizing singersinger is a bad play. She did not have a record of being protown the day before and isn't known for having exceptional scumhunting abilities. However, as scum, it makes perfect sense, since he could use it to try and manipulate her.

singersinger making this all up is also a possibility.

Other scum: hito (policy lynch dealio yesterday), ooba (posting lots of IIOA, playing the town manager/setup-breaker to avoid scumhunting)
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #25) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

VP Baltar wrote:@signer - did you discuss in this scum QT at all yet?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (isolation #26) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

No. Paraphrase now.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (isolation #27) » Wed May 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Gammagooey wrote:@AGM ooba is probably town.

I don't like the way you keep telling me my scumreads are town. Give me reasons why he is town. Because right now, I see scum.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #28) » Wed May 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Because your reads do not coincide with mine, and I like my reads.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (isolation #29) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

So instead of doctoring or vigging, you decided to spend MORE faith to neighborize yourself with someone who was relatively scummy.

WOOOOOSH.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #30) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

First, you spent 3 faith to neighborize, so you're that much farther away from a future Vig.
Second, nobody to doctor? We spent ALL OF YESTERDAY talking about how good the playerlist was and that there weren't any clear policy lynches.
Third, you haven't explained why you neighborized with someone relatively scummy.

Unvote, Vote: quadz08
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #31) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

quadz08 wrote:Jeebus. Look, the only player I thought likely to get hit was NM-town (and that's only because of the claim), and I was far from sure that NM was town. Besides, my doc is also an RB, and in a game like this, RBing
anybody
could be bad news.

Not unless they are lawful. And certainly it isn't divided strictly by good/evil, right? Otherwise, you'd be AUTOSCUM.

Also, that power actually reeks of scumpower, the more I think about it. It says: Roleblock target player, but you cannot NK them tonight.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (isolation #32) » Wed May 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

hito is either White Knighting or protecting his buddy. He's not town.

RayFrost wrote:Why the fuck didn't AGM choose you to policy lynch?

The real question is: where the hell is FATE?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (isolation #33) » Wed May 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'm really fucking tempted to prod him on AIM. Tell him to STFU and get ITT and post.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (isolation #34) » Wed May 11, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Demonic Angel wrote:@AGM: He's busy raging in our QT about CYS.

You know what. Wait.

This is a lie.

Unvote, Vote: Demonic Angel
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #35) » Thu May 12, 2011 10:48 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Seraphim makes a really, really good point about hito calling neighborizer scum and then going "LOL NEIGHBORIZER CLAIM? TOWN." hito's response is not sufficient. Still scum.

Quadz calling the response sufficient is bad, because it isn't.

Fate's scumlist is pretty hot this game. Let's just keep him around and let him bus all the buddies, and then we can finish him off at the end. Also, I have a tingling suspicion that Fate-scum would not have allowed Katsuki-scum to run rampant ITT, so I'm putting that on the backburner.

Unvote, Vote: hito

Will also lynch quadz08.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (isolation #36) » Thu May 12, 2011 10:49 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

P.S. MoI actually smell like scum this game ... he's using condescension to go after the easy targets, which is his scumstrat. Not townstrat.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #37) » Thu May 12, 2011 10:55 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'd vote quadz but he was at L-2 before and I'm too lazy to comb the thread super carefully and make sure he's not at L-1. If he's not, I'll vote him.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (isolation #38) » Thu May 12, 2011 10:59 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

hot

unvote, vote: quadz08
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (isolation #39) » Thu May 12, 2011 11:23 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

It makes sense when you are scum neighborizer and neighborize is your ability.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (isolation #40) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yesssss hitoscum is dead.

Anyway, his and quadz's flips beg the following question: why would hito so readily defend his partner, who was pretty much a sinking ship? Obviously there's the surface-level argument that he could use it to try and buy WIFOM-town cred the next day, but I don't think that's it. I think it's that the other scum was somebody who was probably going to be lynched at some point, and because of that, hito was trying to work as best he could to defend parts of the part of the scumteam he thought was most salvageable (quadz). This leads me in two directions:

1) MoI - People were already starting to call him scum yesterday, and MoI has played in a lot of games with a lot of people, which means he might be pretty readable at this point. Also, the "Why isn't MoI dead" argument will always come up eventually. Not a good candidate for survival.
2) Demonic Angel. Yeah.

Parama is also a tentative third option because I think hito might have been using him as the bus and quadz as the save.

(P.S I admit I've been skimming a bit on the past few pages, so if I missed like lolconfirmed town, my bad).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (isolation #41) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'll do anything to see that triple vig shot fly through.

The bells will toll as the scum fall in droves.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (isolation #42) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Let's lynch MoI today and Demonic Angel tomorrow.

Vote: MoI
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (isolation #43) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:45 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

So RayFrost used an ability and it went through, but ooba had his action delayed?

So that means either 1) RayFrost was specifically roleblocked or 2) Magna is lying an his ability only targets specific people and/or groups of people.

Obviously leaning towards the latter ... what a fucking good fakeclaim, though. It's so obviously fake, but you can't help second-guess the fact that if Magna is town, we're about to hand scum-VPB 10 faith, which could be a huge swing. Given there are three scum down, though, I doubt it would be game over, soo....CHOO CHOOOOOO.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (isolation #44) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:52 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Oh, nevermind then. And good point about the worshipping.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (isolation #45) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:56 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

MoI wrote:Ok .. AGM gets thrown in the scum pool also.

Because VPB is a Serial Killer and scum would have every reason to not power them up.

Meanwhile the fence-sitting on me "is obv-Fake, yet if it isn't I worry" is bad.

If I was scum and VPB was SK, why would I want to power him up so he could shoot all my buddies?

VPB wrote:Also meanwhile note that AGM didn't blink an eye at VPB's claim which is so much more powerful than mine yet mine is obv-fake claim. Scum worried about their Top end powers being comprimised.

Because VPB is shooting scum whereas you are scum.

MoI wrote:It's ok VPB - when I flip Town you are going to hang as scum. Don't fight it .. the noose is coming sooner or later for you.

This isn't even true. Even if you are town, your power didn't go through because RayFrost was able to activate, right? So it's highly possible you were roleblocked.

ooba wrote:While I agree with the character trait bit being most likely - I'd like to get this checked - Does any other player have "Solism" as one of their domains?

No.

Also, as a general note, my domains seem to be more indicitave of my character and alignment than my alliegance.
VOTE: VP Baltar

Plum wrote:VOTE: VP Baltar[/b]
This is definitely a scummy vote. Frankly, who cares if VPB is SK? If he is, he's not going to shoot the three most protown people and go TROLOLOLOL, CYA GUYS and then get lynched. He's going to try to win the whole thing, which means shooting scumz. And so long as he's shooting scum, why not power him up?

Plum wrote:[We lynch the SK insted of scum] because I'm pretty damn sure he's the SK, he's confident, and people are interested in boosting him heavily tonight. I'm quite a bit less sure that RayFrost is scum than that VPB is SK. And hell, if it gets people to take notice of my analysis of his claim even after I'm dead so that you are less likely to go along with whatever plan he devises, it's worth focusing on him.

Town want to lynch scum. Scum want to lynch SK. Bada bing bada bing.

scotty's opinion on this is right and town.

MoI wrote:Do either Furcolow or Yosarian seem like players with likely Hider / Weak Doctor roles to you? I’ve been mulling over the jump from 3 kills to 4 last Night and that’s the one element I can come up with to answer the swing.

I could see Yosarian as weak doctor. I think I remember him talking about it in MD once. Furcolow...maybe hider? Not really.

VPB wrote:meh, so I messed up with my N0 action. Regardless, I still killed scum and I'm still town. If another person vigged hito, I'm sure they would have countered me, yeah?

...yeah. This is definitely SK. WHOOPS.

We're still not lynching him right now, though. Scotty's got it right.

[quote="MoI']Speking of Liten and its players - where exactly is AGM? I know from other games he's done with his Semester or something. Move him up my lynch list to right under VPB if he doesn't make any solid posts today. He loves to lurk as scum.
[/quote][/quote]
Did I post anywhere on site yesterday? No? Could that possibly mean I was away from a computer yesterday and not that I am scum? This is why you are scum - You stretch to make everything your scumreads do scummy.

tl;dr - Scum: MoI, Plum. SK: Prob-VPB.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (isolation #46) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:58 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

FFFFFFF fucked up the quote tags....

MoI wrote:Ok .. AGM gets thrown in the scum pool also.

Because VPB is a Serial Killer and scum would have every reason to not power them up.

Meanwhile the fence-sitting on me "is obv-Fake, yet if it isn't I worry" is bad.

If I was scum and VPB was SK, why would I want to power him up so he could shoot all my buddies?

VPB wrote:Also meanwhile note that AGM didn't blink an eye at VPB's claim which is so much more powerful than mine yet mine is obv-fake claim. Scum worried about their Top end powers being comprimised.

Because VPB is shooting scum whereas you are scum.

MoI wrote:It's ok VPB - when I flip Town you are going to hang as scum. Don't fight it .. the noose is coming sooner or later for you.

This isn't even true. Even if you are town, your power didn't go through because RayFrost was able to activate, right? So it's highly possible you were roleblocked.

ooba wrote:While I agree with the character trait bit being most likely - I'd like to get this checked - Does any other player have "Solism" as one of their domains?

No.

Also, as a general note, my domains seem to be more indicitave of my character and alignment than my alliegance.
VOTE: VP Baltar

Plum wrote:VOTE: VP Baltar

This is definitely a scummy vote. Frankly, who cares if VPB is SK? If he is, he's not going to shoot the three most protown people and go TROLOLOLOL, CYA GUYS and then get lynched. He's going to try to win the whole thing, which means shooting scumz. And so long as he's shooting scum, why not power him up?

Plum wrote:[We lynch the SK insted of scum] because I'm pretty damn sure he's the SK, he's confident, and people are interested in boosting him heavily tonight. I'm quite a bit less sure that RayFrost is scum than that VPB is SK. And hell, if it gets people to take notice of my analysis of his claim even after I'm dead so that you are less likely to go along with whatever plan he devises, it's worth focusing on him.

Town want to lynch scum. Scum want to lynch SK. Bada bing bada bing.

scotty's opinion on this is right and town.

MoI wrote:Do either Furcolow or Yosarian seem like players with likely Hider / Weak Doctor roles to you? I’ve been mulling over the jump from 3 kills to 4 last Night and that’s the one element I can come up with to answer the swing.

I could see Yosarian as weak doctor. I think I remember him talking about it in MD once. Furcolow...maybe hider? Not really.

VPB wrote:meh, so I messed up with my N0 action. Regardless, I still killed scum and I'm still town. If another person vigged hito, I'm sure they would have countered me, yeah?

...yeah. This is definitely SK. WHOOPS.

We're still not lynching him right now, though. Scotty's got it right.

MoI wrote:Speking of Liten and its players - where exactly is AGM? I know from other games he's done with his Semester or something. Move him up my lynch list to right under VPB if he doesn't make any solid posts today. He loves to lurk as scum.

Did I post anywhere on site yesterday? No? Could that possibly mean I was away from a computer yesterday and not that I am scum? This is why you are scum - You stretch to make everything your scumreads do scummy.

tl;dr - Scum: MoI, Plum. SK: Prob-VPB.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (isolation #47) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:04 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Ok, good.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (isolation #48) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:05 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Wait, in a setup with this many kills, wouldn't they be BP?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (isolation #49) » Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I like how RayFrost is getting on his soapbox about how he's having trouble reading and such.

DA wrote:I'd kill AGM for being a douchenugget with his reads.

You let KATSUKI run this game on cruise control for 20 pages without saying anything. You deserved it, so GTFO. MoI and Plum are scumz. Any more problems?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (isolation #50) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:17 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

DA wrote:
AGM.

You never shoot one of your obvtown reads, no matter how useless they may be (or in this care, is)

DA wrote:AGM is town, and here's why, he actually BELIEVES his role would be broken to give to scum. Its not easy for scum to fake that, by very fact of the mindest that they are in, because they ARE scum and they DID recieve that role. So they aren't as likely to go, "I have this role and its BROKEN to give to scum" but more likely to wonder what sort of town awesome they are up against to balance it out.

DA wrote:TOWN
AGM

OH WHOOPS.

Unless you 180'd your read on me entirely because I found it difficult to believe that you would just
sit in the QT and not post
? And don't give me bullshit about "I didn't know the game was starting" - Katsuki specifically said, "Fate is in the QT raging about CYS. I can't get him to post." If you want to "replace in" and be the hero, that's fine, but you can't roll in here and be like, "WELL WHAT THE FUCK IS THSI AGM HOW DID YOU NOT READ MY MIND AND REALIZE I WAS GOING TO DO THIS AND OMG UR SCUM FOR NOT KNOWING AUTOMATICALLY M TOWN." And you also can't RAH RAH about all the games i've played with you, because as you acutely pointed out, you weren't the one even playing - it was KATSUKI.

So gtfo.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (isolation #51) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:17 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Parama wrote:2) Debonair Danny DiPietro
-Meta says he's inactive enough to be scum; ...and from his posts, this guy obviously doesn't care about finding mafia. scum

Clearly you have never played with DDD before.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (isolation #52) » Thu May 19, 2011 9:50 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

VP Baltar wrote:AGM, have you done anything but argue with fate this entire game?

Yes.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (isolation #53) » Thu May 19, 2011 9:57 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Read my posts instead of just being angry. There's scumhunting. My votes have also been consistently on scum, and they are on scum now.

And like 1/3 of this game has been sitting around doing setup work while we wait to lynch anyway, so you can't really boo hoo me about lack of huntage.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (isolation #54) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:52 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

You are free to check my iso and read my posts if you want. You are also free to review my voting record. Unfortunately, I did not have the luxury of being able to personally vig scum and then set up a grand plan to vig three more, but I am satisfied with my play this game (not my best game, not my worst game).

You know, you are both suddenly performing a complete 180 on me the minute I express potential suspicion on you. Get out of the "people who think I might be scum are scum" mindset.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (isolation #55) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

VPB wrote:Who do you think the SK is?

I have already stated my opinions on this. You should read my posts before you criticize them for lack of content.

Faraday wrote:eh, worship justice over balance. TIA.

+1.

--

DDD over MoI is absolutely no way. MoI lynch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hHDxlm66dE
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (isolation #56) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

...in retrospect, it is kinda hilarious that we did not envision scum roleblocking. Still, though - if they wanted VPB dead that bad, he was probably on the right track. So

Vote: Plum

Mass claim seems totally pointless at this juncture - we don't have time to do anything with it, so all we are doing is telling the scum who to nightkill.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1747 (isolation #57) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

OMFG I JUST SAID I THOUGHT MASSCLAIMING WAS A BAD IDEA
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (isolation #58) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Not fullclaiming when you have roleblocking and ANTI-VIG abilities in a GAME FULL OF VIGS is highly suspect.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (isolation #59) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

P-Edit: Scummmmmmm claiiim.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (isolation #60) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I don't really see the benefit to claiming at this juncture, so unless I get a demand from non-scum that I should claim, I won't be doing so.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (isolation #61) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

hito was right...shoulda policy lynched him. :(
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (isolation #62) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Regardless of whether that is legit or not, I'm nomming it for funniest role claim post game.

BUUUT it's still a scumclaim. Kill it.

Unvote, Vote: Nobody Special
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (isolation #63) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Whatever.

Xylthixlm
Justice, Whimsy
Lawful Neutral
Town

My ability is policy lynch, which I already demonstrated. I can use it only on N0.

My casts are

2) XylBot Registry - Rolecop target player's role, domain and alignment.
4) Policy lynch - Same as my ability.
6) XylBot Database - Rolecop target player's casts.
7) Xyl's MetaMafia Bastard Chaos - Gives target player 10 faith the next night. Must gain 10 faith to use again after first use.

On night 0, I used policy lynch (ability) on mothrax AND worshiped Fervor. Now that I'm sitting here typing out this claim and having played the game for a bit, I'm pretty sure it was a mod error that I was allowed to do this (since you aren't supposed to be able to do both), but Vi prompted me to for a worship and I was submitting my actions via phone, so it didn't occur to me. Oh well, doesn't seem to be a gamebreaker.

I had 3 faith on Night 1 and worshipped Fervor.

I had 4 faith on Night 2 and policy lynched Hito (which did nothing since he was killed that night).

I had 3 faith on Night 3 and worshiped Justice.

And now here we are. I think it is now clear why I was trying to dodge the massclaim - given all the other claims on the field, my 6) cast is essentially a lie detector...and given that Justice was one of the domains part of the WORSHIP FEST last night, I'm hoping I'll have the 6) faith to fire off that sweet-ass cast tonight.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (isolation #64) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

DDD
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (isolation #65) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Oh yeah, that reminds me - I forgot something in my claim. I also have a goodie. Thanks to whomever sent it!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (isolation #66) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:44 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

...sounds like Parama fucked up his (fake?) claim.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (isolation #67) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:48 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yeah, me too - which is why (fake?) is in parenthesis.

In any case, if his ability costs 4), it's definitely an allegiance cop, since I can alignment-cop plus more for just 2) faith.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (isolation #68) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Soooooooo, Faraday.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1875 (isolation #69) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'm confused about your claim. So casting GIVES you faith instead of taking it away? What stops you from just casting 0) Site Maintenance - Can check if someone has a qt a billion times?

Or is it that you have to have 0) faith in order to use that ability.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (isolation #70) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Gotcha.

I suppose this can be discussed postgame...but I think there would have been something to be said for casting -∞) WebSens'd at Work on Night 1 for infinity and then becoming a cop for the rest of the game.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (isolation #71) » Thu May 26, 2011 5:05 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Faraday stop changing your avatar.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (isolation #72) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

For the past 2 years, I've thought it was scotty.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (isolation #73) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:26 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

ANYWAY, the battery is pretty low. Are we lynching somebody yet, and why should that person not be Nobody Special?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (isolation #74) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:42 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Good catch. You are also not voting Nobody Special.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (isolation #75) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:43 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

See Seraphim, that's what you get for not hammering. NO GLORY FOR YOU.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1934 (isolation #76) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Everybody should claim everything they did last night, including worships, casts, etc.

RayFrost - Why is there not a bullet in DDD's brain?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1937 (isolation #77) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Welllll we have 100% battery, so we should probably do the claiming the right way. My preferred order is:

1) Demonic Angel
2) DDD
3) Seraphim
4) RayFrost
5) sottyrulez
--LINE OF JUSTICE--
6) Faraday
7) Parama
8) Plum
9) AlmasterGM

Although in reality I don't care that much about the exact specifics, so long as the people above the LINE OF JUSTICE are claiming before the ones below it.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (isolation #78) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yeah, I agree on Faraday.

In other news, I tracked Seraphim last night and he visited Faraday, as claimed. I chose Seraphim because he was my third pick for scum (I thought DDD was getting vigged and DA was already confirmedscum in my eyes, so I didn't want to waste a track on her). Thus, we've got a pretty large list of confirmed town:

Parama
Plum
RayFrost
Faraday
Seraphim
AlmasterGM (to me, anyway)

At this point, we've got this game on lock, i think. Today, we Lynch DA. After he flips scum, I'll cast-cop Parama just to make sure there are no shenanigans going on there. We can then proceed to lynch DDD and sottyrulez (I'll double-day us). And if for some reason we STILL haven't won by then, we'll have yet another lynch to choose between two soft-confirmed people (e.g., Faraday and Seraphim). Win.

If for some reason DA flips town (lolwut) ... then yeah, I don't really have a plan for that since it's not going to happen, but I'll think of something BEFORE WE LYNCH just to be safe. So don't lynch yet.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1947 (isolation #79) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Fate wrote:HOLD THE FUCK UP BECAUSE WERE STILL TOWN

Right on cue ... just when it seemed the hydra had no hope, squirming champion FATE is here.

Not gonna happen.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1952 (isolation #80) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

lol this should be good
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1987 (isolation #81) » Tue May 31, 2011 3:33 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

...This could not possibly be more fucking awesome. I had that little sneaking suspicion of Parama ever since he fucked up his claim, but there was no way to ever act on it.

KILLLL.

Unvote, Vote: Parama
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (isolation #82) » Tue May 31, 2011 3:34 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

EVERYBODY WHO DOESN'T HAVE A REALLY, REALLY AWESOME ROLE: WORSHIP JUSTICE TONIGHT.

RayFrost and I are both justice, which means MOAR vigs, cast-cops, and double days.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1997 (isolation #83) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:38 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Unvote, Vote: DA

order irrelevant. kill teh scumz.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (isolation #84) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Congratulations to Faraday ... EXTREMELY well played. I am impressed.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (isolation #85) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Scum QT, please.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum